• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Anilones

Anilones, I thought the Season stuff only has to do with PVP events not PVE. Right?

Where did you guys find that info on the new Chars? I hope they still aren't planning on putting out Lazy Daken.
That's certainly the case for the Simulator. I can't remember seeing anything explicit, but I guess the scores would become extremely ruined if a PvE event was included.

There was a silhouette posted of four characters (including Nick Fury) on the d3publisher forum.

Askani

Bleh. Sitting here at the Punisher event and I can't play anymore. I keep skipping the same 5 guys who all have some combo of max level Spiderman/Punisher/Hulk/IM40/Patch that I can't beat.

EDIT ::::

People are still earning their points and then I get attacked. Fall from Top 10 to 33. I still only have the same 5 guys to fight that I can't win against. I just get to watch myself fall out of contention for the good token. Again. Great programming. Really top notch.

EDIT 2 :::::

Finally got enough losses against me to fight 3 different people before the same 5 showed up again. So yep, Heroic tokens instead of Courageous because I couldn't realistically play the game anymore.

zulux21

so fair warning I am only really planning on playing the simulator for the iso rewards and thus don't have any plans to grind for any sort of placing, just like I don't plan on going super serious on the birdy event (I will likely play for an hour or so before the event ends to get my score up but I have no plans on shielding as I don't care about placing high just getting some points for the season in general.

I still fully expect me to be in the top 10 of our falliance or both events though :p

shaowebb

Got 4 exams in 3 days, 6 quizzes, and 4 finals all heading up next week with only 2 days to study this weekend.

See ya round guys. Good luck on dem points and PVE. I gotta go and secure my engineering finals now. See ya next friday.

It seems like Patch/Daken/Falcon make a good team. If you constantly spam Falcon's purple, it really takes the fangs out of Patch's reverse strike tiles, and his blue cleans them up sometimes. Meanwhile, constant regen on your other two, especially if you have a 5 yellow Patch.

zulux21

man I get you guys nearly 900 points in an event I don't care about and we still don't manage a top 100 :p

oh well at least I managed to accidentally take second... I'll get to get 1k iso from selling my punisher covers lol

man I get you guys nearly 900 points in an event I don't care about and we still don't manage a top 100 :p

oh well at least I managed to accidentally take second... I'll get to get 1k iso from selling my punisher covers lol

I've been doing better than I used to! Maybe next one I'll crack 300!

animus82

Banned
I got top 5. Maxed my punisher but the build is bad 5/5/3. Sure could have used that Red guys.

I almost got 1100 points. You're right Zulu, if I try a bit harder I can get top 5 consistently.

I'll keep tanking these Lighting Rounds as per usual.

In other news got my 5/3/5 Patch to 141. Feels good to have a three star fully maxed out.

Askani

I was at 950 with about 5 mins left, and got attacked for -150. My wins barely kept me in the top ten. I need to do a better job of grinding for 1000 earlier, then shielding and letting whatever happens, happen. The last minute score beatdown is super frustrating.

On the plus side my Punisher is level 107 now and my C.Storm is 70. I usually don't do lightning rounds but since my 141 IM40 is powered up and so is my Punisher, I've been grinding for ISO and it's worked pretty well.

zulux21

I got top 5. Maxed my punisher but the build is bad 5/5/3. Sure could have used that Red guys.

I almost got 1100 points. You're right Zulu, if I try a bit harder I can get top 5 consistently.

I'll keep tanking these Lighting Rounds as per usual.

In other news got my 5/3/5 Patch to 141. Feels good to have a three star fully maxed out.

yeah I wanted the red myself...
I am a little sad I got up about 15 min later than I wanted to... if I had gotten up when I wanted to I could have hit the 900 points and gotten 50hp... oh well not a big deal as I will get some from rewards and didn't shield.

I was at 950 with about 5 mins left, and got attacked for -150. My wins barely kept me in the top ten. I need to do a better job of grind for 1000 earlier and shielding and letting whatever happens, happens. The last minute score beatdown is super frustrating.

typically when I want to score high in an event what I do is race towards the top with around 4 hours until the event ends, and try to reach the score I am going for at the 3 hour mark and just shield for 3 hours then. If you get that top 10 you get most of your HP back from the rewards and you don't have to feel so bad watching yourself fall in the last few min.

I was experimenting with this last event... and holy balls is 3 star Mags dumb lol.... I did my entire crawl up using 3 health packs (one of which was pointlessly used on my falcon just so I wouldn't have to select the given falcon lol)

animus82

Banned
yeah I wanted the red myself...
I am a little sad I got up about 15 min later than I wanted to... if I had gotten up when I wanted to I could have hit the 900 points and gotten 50hp... oh well not a big deal as I will get some from rewards and didn't shield.

typically when I want to score high in an event what I do is race towards the top with around 4 hours until the event ends, and try to reach the score I am going for at the 3 hour mark and just shield for 3 hours then. If you get that top 10 you get most of your HP back from the rewards and you don't have to feel so bad watching yourself fall in the last few min.

I was experimenting with this last event... and holy balls is 3 star Mags dumb lol.... I did my entire crawl up using 3 health packs (one of which was pointlessly used on my falcon just so I wouldn't have to select the given falcon lol)

Which of 3 star mag's power makes him overpowered. The purple right?

zulux21

Which of 3 star mag's power makes him overpowered. The purple right?

I don't use the purple move lol

the purple is over powered from a damage standpoint... but not really any more over powered than black panther's black

his blue lets you place 2 blue tiles for 5 blue at max cover... that means if there are blue tiles on the board you can pretty easily make 4 and 5 matches collecting AP from the matches and placing crit tiles around.

but wait... there are no more blue on the board... fret not... Red comes to save the day... at 2 cost to destroy 5 tiles you can usually get 2 or 3 of them off after you do massive blue spamming... usually resulting in you able to restart massive blue spamming.

I did the falcon event with patch and mags as my team, using the purple and blue boost to a +3.... I think the enemy only managed to get more than 4 turns in 2 out of 25 or so matches (and both of those were because I couldn't match any blue because my board started with 5 or less scattered around) I did (my mags was only level 60 :p )

animus82

Banned
I don't use the purple move lol

the purple is over powered from a damage standpoint... but not really any more over powered than black panther's black

his blue lets you place 2 blue tiles for 5 blue at max cover... that means if there are blue tiles on the board you can pretty easily make 4 and 5 matches collecting AP from the matches and placing crit tiles around.

but wait... there are no more blue on the board... fret not... Red comes to save the day... at 2 cost to destroy 5 tiles you can usually get 2 or 3 of them off after you do massive blue spamming... usually resulting in you able to restart massive blue spamming.

I did the falcon event with patch and mags as my team, using the purple and blue boost to a +3.... I think the enemy only managed to get more than 4 turns in 2 out of 25 or so matches (and both of those were because I couldn't match any blue because my board started with 5 or less scattered around) I did (my mags was only level 60 :p )

Thanks, I think I'll wait on my Spider Man and focus on mags maybe. My spider man is only a 3/3/0 anyways.

Not feeling this Punisher event to be honest guys. Don't really care about Loki..

Askani

It's still 11,000 ISO for a 800 point single bracket finish (if that nets you top 25) and a top 100 alliance finish.

Plus Hero Points.150 Hero Points.

cobell

Thanks, I think I'll wait on my Spider Man and focus on mags maybe. My spider man is only a 3/3/0 anyways.

Not feeling this Punisher event to be honest guys. Don't really care about Loki..

I love Spiderman. Even at low level (esp then he is never in danger except for aoe attacks).

His blue web stun should not be overlooked, and I imagine they will nerf it eventually. It's even better if you can feed him blue from another source like 2 star Magneto's purple. Spider man is all utility power, but being able to heal and keep the other team almost perpetually stunned once ramped up on blues means you can just do back to back combats with no need to rest.

You'll still need to use actual heals to compensate for bad luck chains.

jurgen

This was my technique when I ran up against the inevitable max level Patch/Hulk/Falcon combos in the last tournament. Classic Mags is great at neutralizing any type of strike tile as his blue can transform those. Combine that with Falcon's passive blue and you've got a great team to neutralize strike-spammers like Patch and Daken.

My Magneto is level 114 right now. I feel like he has been scaring opponents away in the last few PVP events because I've barely been attacked. I actually got up to almost 1100 without shielding.

IM40 paired up with OBW is pretty damn good. Mainly because of his level 2 charge. It's very hard for anyone to knock my characters out because I always have a blue bar to heal. If I'm fully healed, I use the blue to launch those missiles at them, typically killing the whole team. Plus his unibeam is a beast.

Fjord

Guys sorry for not playing these days, but I had some troubles, now everything is fine

Welcome back~

I'm getting tons of 3* covers these days but so evenly distributed that nothing is useable yet. Managed another top 5 there but I think I made a mistake stopping at 1000 points when there was a falcon cover at 1100, one guy in my bracket from S.H.I.E.L.D. got over 1400.

Throwing a dozen retreats with your unleveled heroes at the start of the event until you get to ~level 20 teams really helps you push high. I think putting small teams in for lightning rounds simply doesn't generate enough losses.

shaowebb

I slipped in and padded a #1 rank just now on both of the PVE events. It'll fall, but its a decent chunk of points. I dont think its season stuff, but its all I had time for and it power leveled my Dr. Doom to near his max which will do us some good.

Its all I got time for. College testing opens up soon so now I gotta get back at it. See you when I can.

animus82

Banned
Welcome back~

I'm getting tons of 3* covers these days but so evenly distributed that nothing is useable yet. Managed another top 5 there but I think I made a mistake stopping at 1000 points when there was a falcon cover at 1100, one guy in my bracket from S.H.I.E.L.D. got over 1400.

Throwing a dozen retreats with your unleveled heroes at the start of the event until you get to ~level 20 teams really helps you push high. I think putting small teams in for lightning rounds simply doesn't generate enough losses.

The Shield alliance is friggin crazy man. Like their whole roster will have average of 1400 points or something per PVP event.

zulux21

the thread is so dead today...
anyways got my top 50 for each section of the event (it's all I really plan to do in general, but it's leaving me in the middle of our alliance so I don't feel to bad)

I might do the punisher event a little more seriously as I just realized that if I get a top 10 in that and we get a top 100 my loki will only be missing one cover :3

Askani

I *think* I took #1 in the normal mode and was top 20 in the hard mode. Waiting on rewards to confirm. Still like 22nd in the overall. I need to kick it into gear next round, but top 50 is good enough for both Falcon covers so I should be able to maintain that easily.

Tomorrow I have to focus on the Punisher event. Need them Loki covers. I'll still be one short too but at least I can level him almost completely if I choose.

zulux21

I *think* I took #1 in the normal mode and was top 20 in the hard mode. Waiting on rewards to confirm. Still like 22nd in the overall. I need to kick it into gear next round, but top 50 is good enough for both Falcon covers so I should be able to maintain that easily.

Tomorrow I have to focus on the Punisher event. Need them Loki covers. I'll still be one short too but at least I can level him almost completely if I choose.

I don't really think I would have any motivation to level up loki until they finally give him a third move :/

he is fun but I don't really find him playable outside of the events that he is forced to be used.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Was busy today, got stuck in a meeting for a very long time and wasn't able to contribute to The Simulator until the very end of the day. Gunning for that Loki cover for sure though
Though that green Thor would be nice as I need that too D;

zulux21

Was busy today, got stuck in a meeting for a very long time and wasn't able to contribute to The Simulator until the very end of the day. Gunning for that Loki cover for sure though
Though that green Thor would be nice as I need that too D;

2 star green thor isn't all that important :p
just get the covers from the prologue for him, and buy the rest if you really really want them :p
500 per thor cover is a lot cheaper than 1250 per loki cover.

The two tokens I got just now for the two PVE subs were Cap red (which I didn't need) and an IM40. eh.

I still haven't gotten mine but there is like a 95% one of mine will be a red cap, and like a 75% both will be red cap.... RED CAP WHY DO YOU STRALK ME SO @_@

I can't complain about my punisher token though
8vJxg.jpg

actually my sim tokens didn't turn out to badly
one 2 star widow purple
one 3 star widow purple.

Askani

Got a red Lazy Thor from the simulator tokens. He's 5/3/4 now. I'm going to start to level him soon since he's almost max covers. Worry about respec later.

I don't really think I would have any motivation to level up loki until they finally give him a third move :/

he is fun but I don't really find him playable outside of the events that he is forced to be used.

Oh I'm not going to level him, I just want him at 5/5. :p

zulux21

hmmm it seems no one wants to attack this team
:p
hopefully it stays that way and I can be decently high before I go to work and not fall super far while I am at work. 900 points is my goal again... but hell if I could take number 1 that would be fun as I have never gotten a 4 star as a reward for an event before (i can't recall if I have ever gotten number 1 before either... I don't think I have)

Dispatch

I got lucky and pulled a Falcon, which means I can relax in the Simulator event (or stress even more to level up my Falcon, damn!).

shaowebb

hmmm it seems no one wants to attack this team
8w9vW.jpg

:p
hopefully it stays that way and I can be decently high before I go to work and not fall super far while I am at work. 900 points is my goal again... but hell if I could take number 1 that would be fun as I have never gotten a 4 star as a reward for an event before (i can't recall if I have ever gotten number 1 before either... I don't think I have)

O_O
Man fuck that team!
Maxed out Patch and Punisher one shotting and fueling Magneto to just start spitting out tile popper cascades. Who the hell do you even target first to stop that shit?

3 guys who can all solo but paired with anyone with extra color coverages will ruin your life as you can't focus enough on any one of them to get it done. I mean Lazy Thor max has a good shot. Its not even like anyone is there to play battery...it just sort of happens because of the inevitable rapid cascades.

animus82

Banned
It seems like most of the members in the alliance is cooling off bit by bit. I wasn't able to play much yesterday and only got top 75 in the sub events.

Felt bad.

shaowebb

It seems like most of the members in the alliance is cooling off bit by bit. I wasn't able to play much yesterday and only got top 75 in the sub events.

Felt bad.

Finals week. Life happens.plus last event's rubberbanding felt terrible. Folks needed a breather.

If it helps though Im still able to PVE hard to try and force us some more Falcon covers. I need to do decent in between my studies this weekend on the PVE so I can reclaim the glory of Yellow Cover Birdman. My God do I love watching that thing.

NomarTyme

Report him.

Felt bad.
Its not really a big deal besides some HP and ISOs. I mean top 250 gets a falcon cover.

shaowebb

Played all of 1 match in the punisher thinger. Sorry, but finals is a rough couple of weeks. No dead week at my college. On the plus side I'm looking good to get me some yellow Falcon soon and I just managed to get an Ironman Mach 40 red cover! One of the few cards I've never landed till now.

Spoit

yeah, people reported him months ago, so he must be $$$. for a while, his main characterwas that 230 x-force, back when peoplehad maybe 1 141

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We were so close to top 100 in army of one. 103 or so.
I did what I could. My bracket was all 100+ Hulk and Punisher teams D;

2 star green thor isn't all that important :p
just get the covers from the prologue for him, and buy the rest if you really really want them :p
500 per thor cover is a lot cheaper than 1250 per loki cover.
I know someone suggested this a while back, but redoing completed events where I have already obtained all of the rewards already has never yielded me those rewards again. I can't farm for specific covers. Don't know why that's so if it works for others.

Spoit

Wait, what. no,NO! Don't pass go, don't collect $200, and for godssake don't even think about buying a 2* cover with HP

jred2k

Is there any way I could call dibs on the next open slot on GAF-kanda? I'm finally to the point where I' consistently getting top 15 or better in events. This game is starting to become a huge time sink.

kswiston

awww we missed the top 100 for a black loki cover :(

Ya, our activity seems to have dropped off in the last few events. I don't see us getting that Fury cover for season 1 :(

I got to 600 on Army of One before getting knocked down to 570 something in the last 2 minutes. That's as good as I can manage considering I work 12+ hour days during the week.

NineH

I did what I could. My bracket was all 100+ Hulk and Punisher teams D;

I know that feel. Sadly they seemed to have changed tanking recently since I tanked like crazy in this weeks lightning rounds and I still have very high opponents.

Top Bottom