• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dreams-Visions said:
guys, I thought MvC2 was off-line MP only?

it has online multiplayer?

No. PSN/XBLA is online, like the Dreamcast Japan version so long ago.

The question is: How GOOD is the netcode for it. (Since 2D fighting games REQUIRE good netcode)

Anso

I remember playing this on PS2 and sucking badly. However, now it is yet another reason to use my newly purchased stick. Amingo bitches!

amingo-mv2.jpg

webrunner

TheSeks said:

The question is: How GOOD is the netcode for it. (Since 2D fighting games REQUIRE good netcode)

Which, if I remember correctly, is why it's been so long since they've been allowed to make any new version/rerelease.. there was reportedly a stipulation in the license that it was to be a local game.

Prolly just a rumor though.

TheSeks

Anso said:
I remember playing this on PS2 and sucking badly.

How can you suck at the VS series? They're all QCF or HCF. :lol :lol

TheSeks said:

most excellent. but initially, it wasn't included right? or am I making that up?

I seem to remember some point after it was announced where I was disappointed because it wouldn't be online.

beyond glad that it is.

jrricky

Banned
-PXG- said:
Man, I feel like buying some Pringles and some Häagen Daz to celebrate. No joke.

Can't wait for the 13th. Got the retail version pre-ordered :D
Im entirely confused about this post...

TheSeks

Dreams-Visions said:
most excellent. but initially, it wasn't included right? or am I making that up?

You're probably thinking of the X-box version, which was rumored to have online like the Dreamcast (since it came out shortly after XBL launched and SNK vs Capcom 2: EO had XBL support). XBLA/PSN was announced DAY ONE with online. So you're thinking wrong.

Dreams-Visions said:

I seem to remember some point after it was announced where I was disappointed because it wouldn't be online.

beyond glad that it is.

You might be thinking of the Xbox/PS2 versions, which were originally planned to be online titles, but ended up having to scrap it due to licensing issues.

And I really hope the online community isn't loaded with meme-tards playing as Magneto/Sentinel and quoting yipes all day. :/

Sho_Nuff82 said:
You might be thinking of the Xbox/PS2 versions, which were originally planned to be online titles, but ended up having to scrap it due to licensing issues.

And I really hope the online community isn't loaded with meme-tards playing as Magneto/Sentinel and quoting yipes all day. :/
I dunno about quoting yipes, but hoping you won't run into floods of Magneto and Sentinel teams is wishful thinking.

TheSeks

-PXG- said:
There is a retail version (which is a download voucher) that comes with some extra goodies. It's PS3 only I believe.

That was rumored and apparently denied.

Who the hell knows why it's a two week delay.

-PXG-

TheSeks said:
That was rumored and apparently denied.

Who the hell knows why it's a two week delay.

Uh....

I work at GameStop and its in our system. Our corporate office wouldn't put new SKUs in, based off internet rumors.

Hark

I have a feeling that playing this online is going to be a rude awakening to just how horrible I really am at it.

Day 1 without question.

TheSeks

LQX said:
Why would you put fuck the knicks in a thread title about MvC 2?

... How about reading the thread a little? There's Youtubes in this thread that explains it. :lol

Drfunk said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

Revolutionary said:
FUCK BACKBONE

:lol :lol

I'm embarrassed..but..but..This will be my first time playing MvC2. Despite that, I'm so fucking excited for it. I can't wait to play this online and get my ass kicked :'(

xero273 said:
hopefully, I can get my HRAP 3 dual modded so I can get both versions.
If you're looking for someone to do it for you, send a pm to akuma001. I haven't had any work done by him, but he's done dual mods for haunts, DoubleTap, A Twisty Fluken, Momar, and other GAFfers.

Top Bottom