• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

Even though I still have this for Dreamcast...day 1. And all I am is a severe button masher, so I'll be staying FAR away from the online multiplayer.

HiResDes

mightynine said:
Even though I still have this for Dreamcast...day 1. And all I am is a severe button masher, so I'll be staying FAR away from the online multiplayer.
Apparently if you pick Tron Bonne, IronMan, and Sentinel you can do just that and have some success

Azure J

Are there really that many people who don't know the origin of the line FUCK DA KNICKS and all the other Yipes-isms that relate to MvC2? This thread's responses so far are eye openers. :lol

AzureJericho said:
Are there really that many people who don't know the origin of the line FUCK DA KNICKS and all the other Yipes-isms that relate to MvC2? This thread's responses so far are eye openers. :lol
The youtube video only has something like 300,000 views, and many people like myself have seen it multiple times. The audience of people introduced to this game within their lifetime far exceeds that view count.

Cynar

Absoludacrous said:
Probably not gonna happen, since they're pimping the new comic-con sticks now.

The comic-con sticks were limited to comic-con I thought and only 250 were made. Doesn't seem like it would stop them from making MvC themed ones.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Captain N said:
Does anyone know how long the cord is for the 360 street fighter iv fightpads?

You mean the Mad Catz one? Should be 10 foot if it's like the original X-box/Wired 360(???) pads.

Teknoman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ga9Jvdw9U&feature=related

Part 2 = best.

6ohan8.png

Teknoman

xS1TH L0RDx said:

Capcom has teamed up with some of hip-hop's greatest talents to produce a downloadable mixtape, replacing the game's original jazzy soundtrack with something a little easier to fight to.

Optional additional soundtrack? Nice. Need preview now.

EDIT: Info from the past -

The summer re-release of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 features the same wacky jazz as the original game, but Capcom revealed to Kotaku today plans for a star-studded free bonus soundtrack players can fight to instead.

Given that not everyone thinks that a battle between Wolverine and M.Bison should be set to jazz, Capcom will offer a downloadable hip-hop mixtape themed to Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. The mixtape will be offered digitally close to the pending summer re-release of the game on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation 3's PlayStation Network, according to Capcom.

Forget the jazz. Might you like to beat up Marvel's roster to some hip-hop instead?

Artists features on the game's "mixtape" include the following rap greats, who, we're told, are providing original songs inspired by MvsC2 and other fighting games and fighting game themes:

- Raekwon
- Talib Kweli
- E40
- DJ Qbert
- Hieroglyphics
- The Grouch and Eligh of Living Legends
- Planet Asia
- MC Supernatural
- Havoc of Mobb Deep
- DJ Toure
- And more...

And its going to be free.

MMaRsu

Damn that sounds pretty pringles. So is that going to be like a game add-on, and is it going to be free ( like any mixtape should be )?

kassatsu

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Damn that sounds pretty pringles. So is that going to be like a game add-on, and is it going to be free ( like any mixtape should be )?
Will probably be free like the SF2 one was.

Cynar said:
The comic-con sticks were limited to comic-con I thought and only 250 were made. Doesn't seem like it would stop them from making MvC themed ones.

But you would think they would time them with the release of the game to cash in on the hype. Instead they're using that time frame to talk about limited edition sticks that nobody is going to be able to get. Makes me think there's no hope.

Teknoman said:
Capcom has teamed up with some of hip-hop's greatest talents to produce a downloadable mixtape, replacing the game's original jazzy soundtrack with something a little easier to fight to.

The summer re-release of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 features the same wacky jazz as the original game, but Capcom revealed to Kotaku today plans for a star-studded free bonus soundtrack players can fight to instead.

Given that not everyone thinks that a battle between Wolverine and M.Bison should be set to jazz, Capcom will offer a downloadable hip-hop mixtape themed to Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. The mixtape will be offered digitally close to the pending summer re-release of the game on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation 3's PlayStation Network, according to Capcom.

Forget the jazz. Might you like to beat up Marvel's roster to some hip-hop instead?

Artists features on the game's "mixtape" include the following rap greats, who, we're told, are providing original songs inspired by MvsC2 and other fighting games and fighting game themes:

- Raekwon
- Talib Kweli
- E40
- DJ Qbert
- Hieroglyphics
- Planet Asia
- MC Supernatural
- Havoc of Mobb Deep
- DJ Toure
- And more...

Wow.

Capo

Teknoman said:

- Raekwon
- Talib Kweli
- E40
- DJ Qbert
- Hieroglyphics
- Planet Asia
- MC Supernatural
- Havoc of Mobb Deep
- DJ Toure
- And more...

Nice, I really liked the Street Fighter Underground Mixtape I can't wait for this.

Oh yeah....FUCK THE KNICKS!!!

Teknoman said:

- Raekwon
- Talib Kweli
- E40
- DJ Qbert
- Hieroglyphics
- Planet Asia
- MC Supernatural
- Havoc of Mobb Deep
- DJ Toure
- And more...

3701960265_deffc18086.jpg

neoism

The Achievements are shitty, but fuck it. I've wanted this game for 5 years, sense I got a DC, but didn't wait to spent 70 or 80 bones! I suck at games like this. Still getting it so I can get pwnt online!:lol

-PXG-

Teknoman said:

- Raekwon
- Talib Kweli
- E40
- DJ Qbert
- Hieroglyphics
- Planet Asia
- MC Supernatural
- Havoc of Mobb Deep
- DJ Toure
- And more...

YES!!! SSFIITHDR tracks were great. Can't wait for these.

HiResDes

Nachkebia said:
This is favorite fighting game of Flying Lotys.......
They should have gotten FLying Lotus to contribute a song or two to the soundtrack, dude is sick, maybe the best producer in the genre.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
neoism said:
Anyone know where I can get a 4000MSpoints card for $30 or cheaper that's trust worthy?

Well, you could ask someone on GAF *cough cough*, but you could probably buy them online/Amazon?

Why? Is there no MS cards in Europe or something?

TheSeks said:
You mean the Mad Catz one? Should be 10 foot if it's like the original X-box/Wired 360(???) pads.

Plus you can pick up USB extension cables for dirt cheap, making the wired pads/sticks as long as you need them to be.

Top Bottom