• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom® 2(XBLA PSN) |OT| - F*CK THE KNICKS

Alivor said:
Wait, are there lobbies online like SF2HDR had? That's a pretty big feature for me.

I'd like to know this too, I would like to play with 2 other people on a cycle (Like in THDR). Would it be safe to say that the online menus will be identical (feature-wise) to THDR?

DR2K

Banned
Subliminal42 said:
I'd like to know this too, I would like to play with 2 other people on a cycle (Like in THDR). Would it be safe to say that the online menus will be identical (feature-wise) to THDR?

It's based off the same netcode as SFHD, but improved. So lobbies are a given.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pumped for this, loved it on the Dreamcast and Xbox aswell.

SCOOPS...

SCOOPS HAAGEN DAZS.

That video can't be quoted enough.

SCOOPS HAAGEN DAZS!

Gonna be quoting the vid all my games, my brother 'can't wait'. :lol

And neither can I! <3 MVC2 so much. VS GAMES FTW!

neoism

TheSeks said:
Well, you could ask someone on GAF *cough cough*, but you could probably buy them online/Amazon?

Why? Is there no MS cards in Europe or something?
US
no I just really want to get it for 30 not 50 :/

Kingpen

wow, the news of the downloadable soundtrack just put this in the buy category for me. I loved the original, but just was going to let it be a fond memory...

For 15 bucks, why not.

Crazyorloco

Although I adore Street fighter 4, I felt as if Capcom could do more.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 brings me back to the great days of yore.

If lobbies are in, this is pure win.

Iknos

I was planning on using custom soundtrack regardless.

The jazz stuff will be nostalgic but I hated it back in the day.

I pretty much play all of my fighters to the Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack which is the only album I ripped to my 360 so I could pop it on when at Halo 3 LAN parties.

MS better have my 360 back to me in time for this! i've waited years for a Vs. game online!

p.s. what is the big deal with backbone? i haven't had any online issues with the few games i have of theirs (SSF2, SSF2HD, mortal kombat 3? not sure if they did that one)

kassatsu

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
MS better have my 360 back to me in time for this! i've waited years for a Vs. game online!

p.s. what is the big deal with backbone? i haven't had any online issues with the few games i have of theirs (SSF2, SSF2HD, mortal kombat 3? not sure if they did that one)
I think they are PS3 only issues.

Christopher

Any easy way to get the 200 combo trophy? Also what are they talking about with the 20 hits team trophy or something. The rest seem pretty easy.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Seriously can't wait for this game. Last time I put any real energy into it was getting ready for B5, played 6 months non stop.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Christopher said:
\The Best There Is (At What I Do) 50
Perform 50 One Character Victories within 20 unique teams. (Ranked Match)

Perform 50 one character victories

50 (obvious)

One character - ONE CHARACTER FROM YOUR TEAM ONLY, no switching
Victory - KO/time out the other team/3

within 20 unique teams - With more than CABLE/STORM/SENT/MAGNETO.

If I'm reading it right.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm getting this solely because they claimed that if you can play marvel, you can play any fighting game. It looks like it should help me get used to my stick too when I get one.

Icarus

It's like GGPO, but not GGPO (almost as good, not quite though). What remains to be seen is performance in a "faster" game like MvC2 versus HDR.

Zeliard

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

at least we won the superbowl bro! I've been a steelers fan since the 70's. FIRST TO 6 BOYEEE! BACK TO BACK COMING THIS YEAR!!!!!

Pfft. A repeat is not in your immediate future. :D

Teknoman

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't get why that video is funny. can someone let me in on the inside joke? :(

When people get together to play fighting games, usually everyone gets hyped up enough during matches and after crazy comebacks. This guy took it to another level with taunts that dont make sense.

Guess it wouldnt be funny to everyone, but if you've had something like that happen before, you can kinda relate to it.

HiResDes

FrenchMovieTheme said:
just sounds like he's trying too hard to be funny, but to each his own i suppose. just wanted to make sure it wasn't something obvious i was missing!
He's hilarious to me, the Sentinel is sporting Knicks colors I believe, and Yipes is from Jersey...So it isn't exactly out of nowhere.

Manus

So what are some of you 360 users gamertags that will be getting this? I want to have a lot of people I can play with when this is released. Add me, I'm SquirrelNuckle.

HiResDes

SquirrelNuckle said:
So what are some of you 360 users gamertags that will be getting this? I want to have a lot of people I can play with when this is released. Add me, I'm SquirrelNuckle.
okay, mine is HiResDes

HiResDes

Happy Phantom said:
Getting this despite being awful at it. This game's just too chaotic, at times, for me.
It's all about picking the right characters really, Cable is pretty easy to be decent with...Tron Bonne is good for beginners, Ironman is decent for beginners, and Sentinel was relatively easy for me personally though he's a little harder to get really good with.

keanerie

pringles1a8dfbd0lk1.jpg

Top Bottom