• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I tend to not give a shit when I post there.
I dig.

I don't know about no startup time, but trying out other characters then trying her out, she seems to be flying almost instantly. Haven't really tested her out fully because half way through, I realized how stressful it is to have her on my team.
I'll try to remember to check the Bradyguide later. I find playing Dormammu really stressful; if I remove him from the team, things just seem so much easier, but he's just too cool to pass up. Like I picked up Wolverine and Ryu for the first time since release day, and I was winning so many matches after I played for a few hours just through the relaxing ease that is Berserker Slash, Dive Kick, and Air Tatsu L. I still haven't found a team that really pleases me, though.

It doesn't make me feel better that every pro that used Dormammu in month 1 seems to have dropped him, he wasn't in the top 7 on Guard Crush or WNF this week in any fashion, and I don't think he has even won a tournament yet. The only person I see using him is Floe, and it's clearly just for the assist.

wong does use the DHC glitch though... May not be the determining factor in winning but we've seen it many times from him.
True.

But how does he have a 9 win streak... but 0 losses.. Even if he dc'ed it doesn't make sense.
I've been told that DCing resets your streak. I've never had my streak reset from someone DCing on me, though.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3: THE ONLINE WARRIOR Episode 5 'ASSIST ME' Dr. Doom Tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiX4di8sR4w

Hope you guys like it
Will watch tonight!

Dahbomb

Dormammu was definitely used in Guard Crush. Noel Brown and Smooth Viper both used it. Noel was using a different team most of the time but switched to his real team when things got heavy. Yipes even had a special name for him, it was something in Spanish can't remember what it was.

Dorm is still a major threat in tournaments and has the most feared chip game. With Doom missiles he is still giving people problems.

Problem with Dorm is that he falls into the "Lame" category of characters, which basically means that he is a zoning type and needs zoning assists to be even more "lame". Zoning characters don't get respect and people aren't impressed by it. And people have figured out that they can use Taskmaster "lame" while still doing ridiculous damage from his BnB. And there has been A CRAP LOAD of Taskmasters as of late.
. It's also best to call Sentinel while moving forward, or in any other manner where the opponent won't be able to actually Sentinel as the drones come out.

From the guide. Is that supposed to be "see" or "hit" after the "actually". It's definitely missing something there.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dahbomb said:
From the guide. Is that supposed to be "see" or "hit" after the "actually". It's definitely missing something there.

good catch thanks. not sure what happened there. lol.

Nils said:
I swear the matchmaking is trolling the hell out of me. Every time I'm an inch away from 8th Lord it throws nothing but 5th Lords my way.
I wouldn't say that 5th lords are all that bad. The gulf between 8th and 5th lords should be fairly small. The game was really fucked up in the first month when 9th lords were getting their asses handed to them by 2nd and 1st lords on a regular basis.

It's a cakewalk compared to before. The system should still have a large pool of players with a similar skill level when you consider the number of people who bought it though.

QisTopTier said:
To bad over 90% of them are fucking horrible or just randomly throw him on their team well making him fucking horrible.
lol this

The first thing I think when I see a Taskmaster now is "they're not Q so they don't even count". I have not lost a one on one battle against a Taskmaster since. I can get assist spammed to death, but I'm not losing a character to him anymore.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
SolarPowered said:
I wouldn't say that 5th lords are all that bad. The gulf between 8th and 5th lords should be fairly small. The game was really fucked up in the first month when 9th lords were getting their asses handed to them by 2nd and 1st lords on a regular basis.

It's a cakewalk compared to before. The system should still have a large pool of players with a similar skill level when you consider the number of people who bought it though.

I mainly just don't like how momentum based the ranking system is. If you win 2 out of 3 matches for a stretch of time without racking up streaks you'll progress slowly. Get into a losing streak and watch everything plummet. The same of course applies to winning streaks, but those are much rarer in my case :p

Dormammu was definitely used in Guard Crush. Noel Brown and Smooth Viper both used it. Noel was using a different team most of the time but switched to his real team when things got heavy. Yipes even had a special name for him, it was something in Spanish can't remember what it was.
I'm not saying he isn't used at all, just that he wasn't on any teams that placed, and his frequency of use is falling. I saw him being used, but Noel Brown also swaps Dormammu out frequently, rather than his other two characters. I'd love to know what Yipes called him.

Dorm is still a major threat in tournaments and has the most feared chip game. With Doom missiles he is still giving people problems.
Not in my mind; Taskmaster's chip game scares me a heck of a lot more.

Problem with Dorm is that he falls into the "Lame" category of characters, which basically means that he is a zoning type and needs zoning assists to be even more "lame". Zoning characters don't get respect and people aren't impressed by it. And people have figured out that they can use Taskmaster "lame" while still doing ridiculous damage from his BnB. And there has been A CRAP LOAD of Taskmasters as of late.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. The "lame" characters aren't quite as popular because it turns out there are characters that are just as "lame", like Taskmaster, but without the shortcomings of the "lame" characters. I wouldn't mind Taskmaster's arrows getting a durability nerf to 2 - there's no reason he should have more firepower than the likes of Arthur.

Part Two of my MVC3 Assists article/tutorial is live now. I put together a video as well which shows a few different ways to properly use assists in the game.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/4/1...-part-two.html
Enjoyable, and I learned a few tricks in the video. I appreciate that no sound is required, for easy viewing at work.

Holy crap that full screen advertisement is annoying though.

The first thing I think when I see a Taskmaster now is "they're not Q so they don't even count". I have not lost a one on one battle against a Taskmaster since. I can get assist spammed to death, but I'm not losing a character to him anymore.
Taskmaster is by far my most loathed character when using Dormammu.

But uh dorm can hard counter taskmaster pretty solid. Even with assist back up.
Fill me in. I have really only fought you and one other, and I had trouble dealing with the constant pressure provided by f.H plus Sentinel Force/Gustaff Fire/Hidden Missiles in both cases. So, if you can help save me the pain of learning the matchup, I'm all ears.

Alucrid

Banned
QisTopTier said:
To bad over 90% of them are fucking horrible or just randomly throw him on their team... making him fucking horrible.

For the record I was set on using Taskmaster before the game even came out. Not that I don't suck, but uh, yeah.

Karsticles said:
Fill me in. I have really only fought you and one other, and I had trouble dealing with the constant pressure provided by f.H plus Sentinel Force/Gustaff Fire/Hidden Missiles in both cases. So, if you can help save me the pain of learning the matchup, I'm all ears.

His standing.M basically shuts down his spidey swing even on block and his pillars pretty much shut down his arrows unless he cancels into the super.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Alucrid said:
For the record I was set on using Taskmaster before the game even came out. Not that I don't suck, but uh, yeah.
Huh I'm not calling anyone out, I'm just stating what I've seen.

SolarPowered said:
lol this

I can make you lose 3 characters to him :D and if that fails I got retarded shuma to fall back on.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
His standing.M basically shuts down his spidey swing even on block and his pillars pretty much shut down his arrows unless he cancels into the super.

Up for some random team matches tonight? Or maybe pick each others teams haha.

Dahbomb

QisTopTier said:
To bad over 90% of them are fucking horrible or just randomly throw him on their team... making him fucking horrible.
I meant Taskmasters in tournaments. I would assume that there are a lot Taskmasters online as well.

Ferrio said:
Up for some random team matches tonight? Or maybe pick each others teams haha.

Random matches sounds like fun. I'm gonna call it... My first team, random will net me, Hulk, Haggar and Thor. Team "I am slow."

JeTmAn81

I have been using Taskmaster for quite a while, switching him in for Haggar on my original team due to Haggar's limitations on point. He's pretty amazing, and I'm not great with him but I'm better than almost all the other Taskmasters I've played.

There was one guy recently who was incredibly good at doing Charging Star on reaction to just about any of my attacks and comboing me to death. I don't even know what I would do against that guy if we rematched since he was reading me so quickly any attack I tried would get overridden. Maybe Guard Master or something. I've only played one person who actually used Guard Master with their Taskmaster, and it caught me off guard a few times.

Despite his spot on my main team, I do think Tasky probably needs to get nerfed, at least in the chip damage department. He's just too powerful.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
Random matches sounds like fun. I'm gonna call it... My first team, random will net me, Hulk, Haggar and Thor. Team "I am slow."

Mine will be: X-23, Modok, Trish. Team: "Oh god what are the commands for their moves?!?!"

JeTmAn81

SmokeMaxX said:
Run! Run!
XFC
Run! Run!
Run! Run!
Run! Run!
Run! Run!

<_< 3 dead characters due to chip.

Until they switch to a teleporting character and slap Dorm upside the head, vanishing his Stalking Flares :D

Really, Spidey Swing is worse than -8 on block? Interesting.

Mine will be: X-23, Modok, Trish. Team: "Oh god what are the commands for their moves?!?!"
Well, at least X-23 can do fairly well just with her normals. After doing the 30 fights with each character for titles, I still can't do anything with Felicia.

Run! Run!
XFC
Run! Run!
Run! Run!
Run! Run!
Run! Run!

<_< 3 dead characters due to chip.
I know you're joking, but with level 3 X-Factor, this only does ~730K chip damage. Meanwhile, one Chaotic Flame with level 3 X-Factor, unblocked, will deal ~534,600K. It's a waste of meter unless it wins you the game.

Dahbomb

Please not with the NERF talk again.

Taskmaster is the template of what a character in MVC3 should be like. He isn't overpowered at all, he is "just right". Just like Zero is just right in the game and so is Wolverine, Dante, She Hulk etc. The problem is X Factor, glitches, TACs and the rest of the cast not being up to par or not having good tools/priority.

Buff the others or tweak X Factor.

Ferrio

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Please not with the NERF talk again.

Taskmaster is the template of what a character in MVC3 should be like. He isn't overpowered at all, he is "just right". Just like Zero is just right in the game and so is Wolverine, Dante, She Hulk etc. The problem is X Factor, TACs and the rest of the cast not being up to par or not having good tools/priority.

Buff the others or tweak X Factor.

Tweak xfactor. Let game play out, then go to tweaking chars. Except lei-lei... tweak her now.

Dahbomb

Yeah I am down with that. If Capcom is actually serious about "balance" in MVC3 then that's how they should start doing it. Glitches first, then X Factor and then A LONG TIME LATER character buffs.

Just by tweaking X Factor there's going to be so much shuffling in character usage.

BTW LOL @ that video... Doom X factor combo with 1, 200,000 damage was hilarious especially the facial expressions. It's because Doom's Sphere flame gets X Factored, both of them for some really sick damage.

GOD DAMN I WANT STRIDER IN THIS GAME!!! Strider plus Doom Missiles will be GODLY.

Hsien-Ko has three main tools and it seems like she is outclassed in all three areas. Her priority with M and H attacks is good, but she can easily get stuffed by characters with teleports, super armor, and overall better tools(wesker S, Taskmaster H in the air and Tron H in the air come to mind). Her Henkyo Ki can easily get her caught by beam hypers and won't stop teleporters or characters with good assist and beams(pair most beam assists with EM disruptor, hadouken or even Chris machine gun and I'd bet on them). The final trump card in her gold assist is not even the top level assist either. You need to give up a bar for it and assists like OTG assists are seeing a lot more play(and therefore more development)at the high levels of play.

Am I wrong in any of these areas? What does she have besides gold pendulum as a strong suit?
QisTopTier said:
I can make you lose 3 characters to him :D and if that fails I got retarded shuma to fall back on.
Oh I know that. I worded my post in a weird way and made it sound like you are cheap, but I thought it was too late to edit. I'll beat nearly every Taskmaster I come across after fighting yours unless they are spamming arrows+assist or spamming beams+arrow assist(outcome is uncertain, but not a complete loss).

The only Taskmaster who has bested me through zoning AND close quarters combat is yours. I find it kind of unfair that Hsien-Ko's H in the air loses out to your sword though. It's like the only choice I've got is to become godly at Henkyo Ki and forward H if I want to use her against you at all.
QisTopTier said:
No I was also counting them
Pride cometh before the fall.

:)

Yeah I am down with that. If Capcom is actually serious about "balance" in MVC3 then that's how they should start doing it. Netcode first, then Glitches, then X Factor and then A LONG TIME LATER character buffs.
Fixed! ;-)

GOD DAMN I WANT STRIDER IN THIS GAME!!! Strider plus Doom Missiles will be GODLY.
I wonder if he would have trouble from pushblock.

Edit: A question for Hsien-ko players. If you are hyper armored, jump toward an opponent, are getting hit, and do f.H, do you attack or throw? Assume you are in throw range.

Ferrio

Banned
Karsticles said:
Edit: A question for Hsien-ko players. If you are hyper armored, jump toward an opponent, are getting hit, and do f.H, do you attack or throw? Assume you are in throw range.

Assume you throw, but I wouldn't know cause my game plan with her doesn't revolve around being super armored and jumping at my opponent.

Karsticles said:
Fixed! ;-)

I've never had anyone try this before. It should be easy enough to check in the lab.

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
Not really, he wouldn't be able to do godly near perfect traps but he still would be extremely powerful because of his teleports which essentially can negate Advancing Guard. Plus he has moves that move him forward, like that H slash.

Plus when he's backed up by Hidden Missiles or Sent Drones, he should be able to do all sorts of nasty shit in this game. He would be hindered in the fact that whiffed attacks don't give meter so he isn't going to be setting up a continuous stream of traps.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarPowered said:
Oh I know that. I worded my post in a weird way and made it sound like you are cheap, but I thought it was too late to edit. I'll beat nearly every Taskmaster I come across after fighting yours unless they are spamming arrows+assist or spamming beams+arrow assist(outcome is uncertain, but not a complete loss).

The only Taskmaster who has bested me through zoning AND close quarters combat is yours. I find it kind of unfair that Hsien-Ko's H in the air loses out to your sword though. It's like the only choice I've got is to become godly at Henkyo Ki and forward H if I want to use her against you at all.

Pride cometh before the fall.

:)

Taskmaster has one of if not the best normal air attack in the game *maybe trons is better*

And the only reason I'm "prideful" Is cause I know I can hang with the good players I just well have no way to do so. *ive beaten quite a few pretty badly online although online isn't the best judgement*

Having faith in your own ability to play is always the most important thing.

Dahbomb

Dude you are being down because you are unable to beat Taskmaster head on using Hsien-Ko in a battle of air priority?

If I could list the 3 best things that Taskmaster has going for him, one of them would be his normals. It's why he does so good at close range despite having limited mix ups and mobility. He just beats out your character's moves.

SmokeMaxX

Karsticles said:
I know you're joking, but with level 3 X-Factor, this only does ~730K chip damage. Meanwhile, one Chaotic Flame with level 3 X-Factor, unblocked, will deal ~534,600K. It's a waste of meter unless it wins you the game.
What does Chaotic Flame have to do with Stalking Yoga Catastrophe (whatever it's called)?

QisTopTier said:
Taskmaster has one of if not the best normal air attack in the game *maybe trons is better*

And the only reason I'm "prideful" Is cause I know I can hang with the good players I just well have no way to do so. *ive beaten quite a few pretty badly online although online isn't the best judgement*

Having faith in your own ability to play is always the most important thing.
I know. I was just joshing you a bit there. No need to take it seriously. Having confidence in your ability can mean a lot in this genre.
Dahbomb said:
Dude you are being down because you are unable to beat Taskmaster head on using Hsien-Ko in a battle of air priority?

If I could list the 3 best things that Taskmaster has going for him, one of them would be his normals. It's why he does so good at close range despite having limited mix ups and mobility. He just beats out your character's moves.
Ok...

So you are just restating what I said, right?

I'm aware of the fact that he beats out her normals and it's kind of annoying, but it's not like I'm screaming at the top of my lungs for a nerf here. I'm just venting a bit. Am I not allowed to do that?

Axis

jdub03 said:
Yeah GG. I need to put in more work into my viper. I know how to do the box loop but I never remember to go for it. For some reason I could not block your trijumps with viper.

mixture of j.s and j.h...j.h is an amazing crossup on crouching opponents if they block a j.s and don't pushblock, if they had replays you'd see me catch you with t a few times...but otherwise just maximize your damage, dude. you'd hit me with ex tk and then do abc xx burst time...and that's totally selling her damage potential short.

instead of that just do raw light seismo into box dash loop or superjump straight up dash down H/C whatever you call it into l seismo(starting combo like this can lead to a million damage using 3 meters, 2 of which you gain during combo).

also don't be afraid to lame it out with seismos and zone a bit.

you have ammy cold star assist so anytime you have a chance to call cold star and OTG seismo them into it...you can do two H tk's(feint on hit) before cold star ends and you burst time...adds a good bit of damage(80k or so) into the combo...i'm rambling now but you get my point! can also add in a H BK after cold star ends if you time it correctly but fuck that shit...

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
QisTopTier said:
Damn it I knew I was abusing something after seeing no one else do it.

Please tell me you have under 100 games played in ranked

No I am genuinely pretty bad at this game, but at the same time I really love it. I have about 200 games on ranked, got close to 8th Lord about three times but then got bumped down to Fighter because I kept running into anything between Cosmics and 4th Lords for long periods of time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nils said:
No I am genuinely pretty bad at this game, but at the same time I really love it. I have about 200 games on ranked, got close to 8th Lord about three times but then got bumped down to Fighter because I kept running into anything between Cosmics and 4th Lords for long periods of time.
What's your team?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Taskmaster/Wesker/Dante. Not the most original team but really I love all three characters and their synergy is pretty good I think. Currently have a winrate of 38% and I am getting better. It was at 21% or something abysmal not too long ago. I'm still mostly lacking in the assist department and there's a lot of stuff I can do in the lab just fine, but rarely ever pull of online such as America's favorite combo with Wesker. Not all that hard stuff, but it's mainly my assist timing and usage that needs a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom