• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Sloth said:
360 Gaf on blast.

NinajHeartless said:
>:'( bastard!

enzo_gt said:
Whichever one of you is SteelyHawke...

...be gentle on me :'(
XQLwN.gif

NinajHeartless said:
That would be SolarPowered :/

On and Max, I just finished up that Dr. Doom tutorial video, very very well done, comrade :)
Hey, I didn't mean to make it sound arrogant. I just meant that I'd do really well the tournament. There probably quite a few gaffers here who can give me a good whooping.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Waikis said:
Any tips for a scrub?

I can land x-23's bnb fairly consistently in training mode, but as soon as i go in a real match, I cant find an opening as they always block my attacks...

Who is your team? She really benefits from specific assists.

shaowebb said:
EDIT: BTW isn't it hilarious that we all had to upload our avatars to this site just to have any and now they don't work at all? lol

I had about 40 rotating avatars, had to switch like everyone else, and the site has only been running worse since before the change even took place. Go figure.

Waikis said:
Any tips for a scrub?

I can land x-23's bnb fairly consistently in training mode, but as soon as i go in a real match, I cant find an opening as they always block my attacks...

I actually run x-23 as my main but she's pretty assist dependent. Pretty awesome with the right assists though.

What's your main concern? Maybe I can help you out.

SolarPowered said:
Hey, I didn't mean to make it sound arrogant. I just meant that I'd do really well the tournament. There probably quite a few gaffers here who can give me a good whooping.

Ain't no big thang man, I still have mad love for my training partner ;)

Lei-Lei demands that we make peace!

NinajHeartless said:

I don't get those boobs. Are they big or small? Is she using push up bra? Does it matter when she looks like a zombie? So many questions.

Prototype-03 said:
I don't get those boobs. Are they big or small? Is she using push up bra? Does it matter when she looks like a zombie? So many questions.
They look small, but shapely to me. I'd also say, yes, she is using a push-up bra.

shaowebb

Master Milk said:
They look small, but shapely to me. I'd also say, yes, she is using a push-up bra.

It's Bridget in cosplay. Those are nerf balls.
The special edition Sentinel blue nerfballs!

Waikis

shaowebb said:
Could you be more specific? How do you try to setup your combo? Jump ins, dashing specials, magic series, her dive grapple,crouching moves, go behinds, crossup moves or with an assist?

If you don't have an idea tell us who you're using with her and how you like to approach the most, like if you jumping attack to close in or if you dash in with mashing buttons or a dash special or whatever.

EDIT: BTW isn't it hilarious that we all had to upload our avatars to this site just to have any and now they don't work at all? lol

Thanks for the replies guys.

Most of the time i would try to close in using dive talon but it gets really predictable.
I'm running with x-23/ Ammy /Tron.

"What's your main concern? Maybe I can help you out."

i find it really hard to find/create an opening...

shaowebb

Waikis said:

Most of the time i would try to close in using dive talon but it gets really predictable.

Hmm...well if you got both Ammy and Tron I'd suggest poppin an assist in the air( gustav fire or Cold star)then zipping to the ground directly behind your opponent who's pinned by their BS into blocking and go for ankle slice or your BNB. Either assist should set you up pretty good. Hell you may just be able to crash on their heads if aimed right. Timing this with assists could be tricky though at times depending on how the opponent plays.

If they like to rushdown a lot pop gustav in front of them and ankle slice them or go directly into crouching combo antics.

I haven't really used X-23 a lot since week 2 when I switched to Wolverine for the dive kick but here combos are sick and pick back up with her from way across the screen. She's pretty scary out there to deal with at times because her combo never stops and DHC's into more shit.

These are just my general ideas for now. I'll try playing your team some later on and I'll mention anything fun I find that opens her stuff up if I find any nifty tactics that force people to stand up or guard the wrong thing or something.

Keep asking though because that's a pretty good team and there are probably a lot of people here who know how to use it.

Alucrid

Banned
QisTopTier said:
You are doing an otg wth? Well uh you can shield skill into up arrows that's about it.... not really worth having an otg assist with taskmaster, you can do way more fancy crap with sents drone assist at the end

Yeah, I was doing 4C, S, A, B, arrows. I swore to stop using Sent after realizing I didn't want to put any time into him so I just mashed frying pan.

Waikis said:

Ammy's Cold Star assist is probably one of the best assists for her. From distance, if you do ammy's assist, and do B shadow jump thing (I don't know what it's called), you can cross them up. Other ways is to jump up and do the A talon dive while ammy's assist is activated. You can even cross them over with B talon dive.

Tron's assist... You pretty much throw out when they're close and either cross over or fake cross over with the A version.

Obviously this is the basics but it should help you out for now.

smurfx

get some go again
damn i haven't played since becoming 5th lord. don't know if i can take getting to 4th lord. its going to take me a long time to do it.

Solune

Prototype-03 said:
Ammy's Cold Star assist is probably one of the best assists for her. From distance, if you do ammy's assist, and do B shadow jump thing (I don't know what it's called), you can cross them up. Other ways is to jump up and do the A talon dive while ammy's assist is activated. You can even cross them over with B talon dive.

Tron's assist... You pretty much throw out when they're close and either cross over or fake cross over with the A version.

Obviously this is the basics but it should help you out for now.
Mirage Feint come on Proto, I'm disappointed in you.

Waikis

@shao and proto

thanks for the advice.
One more thing, how to deal with Trish who plays a zoning game? One Trish I met just stayed in the air and do thhose annoying traps all the time...

Grecco

I love the Black Cat. Loved Kevin Smiths mini series he did about her

Wish the tourney was 360 so i could enter :( Even though i want the MVC3 TE stick id probably pick the Black Cat statue instdea

NinajHeartless said:

I'm always at peace. Also, nice fanart you got there.
Prototype-03 said:
I don't get those boobs. Are they big or small?
Definitely C cups. That wrapping around her waist does a good job of making them larger than they appear.
Prototype-03 said:
Is she using push up bra?
Probably that wrapping around the waist.
Prototype-03 said:
Does it matter when she looks like a zombie?
Not.one.bit.

SolarPowered said:
I'm always at peace. Also, nice fanart you got there.

Just felt that I needed to pull that out of my Lei-Lei collection to give as a peace offering ;D

Also

I really wish I could get online and play now. I am staying at the girlfriend's dorm more often lately and this makes playing Marvel hard since the TV and consoles are all over at my place. :/ Dangit

I think Q's right, Viewtiful Joe is pretty good. There's some tricky stuff I've been finding out using MODOK's barrier assist with him, and I've been wanting to find good uses for that assist since the gamespot tournament.

NeoUltima

damn. I quite enjoy this rage message I got:

Subject: mashing bitch
"u fucking mash your way to victory at no time do u block just randomly hitting buttons u fucking scrub"

Rage took 5 minutes to come after he quit lol.

NeoUltima said:
damn. I quite enjoy this rage message I got:

Subject: mashing bitch
"u fucking mash your way to victory at no time do u block just randomly hitting buttons u fucking scrub"

Rage took 5 minutes to come after he quit lol.
I'm sure typing with a controller is hard rofl

I think I've got something decent going with my new Zero/Hulk/Sent team. Those also happen to be the only 3 characters I can land BnBs online with so far. Rekkoha DHC into Gamma Crush is pretty fun to do in the corner. And the more I play Zero, the more I expand his mixup game. Fun stuff.

NinajHeartless said:
Just felt that I needed to pull that out of my Lei-Lei collection to give as a peace offering ;D

Also

I really wish I could get online and play now. I am staying at the girlfriend's dorm more often lately and this makes playing Marvel hard since the TV and consoles are all over at my place. :/ Dangit
It's a shame because your game really improved the last time we played. I'd love to see how it goes if you level up again.

SolarPowered said:
It's a shame because your game really improved the last time we played. I'd love to see how it goes if you level up again.

I am going to try to play a little this weekend, if I see you (or any other GAFfers really) I will most definitely shoot you an invite.

I need mo' training, I am going to a local tournament in a week or so

http://shoryuken.com/f7/console-warzone-ssf4-mvc3-mk9-team-spooky-stream-4-23-11-mahwah-nj-270214/

Shit is going to be streamed by Spooky so I am going to try and not be completely free :'3

shaowebb

Waikis said:
@shao and proto

thanks for the advice.
One more thing, how to deal with Trish who plays a zoning game? One Trish I met just stayed in the air and do thhose annoying traps all the time...

With a team of X-23/Tron/Ammy vs Zoning Trish I'd switch out X-23 to either Tron or Ammy. If tron nail her ass with servbot lockdown and see if your jumping flaily fist thing will hit. If not say fuck it and just go straight into summoning giant servbot to allow you to get inside.

If ammy switch to bead weapon and just whip the shit out of her from across screen or coldstar her ass until she tries to scythe you. Then jump on over it and rush her to death into a DHC out of 4 seasons into X-23 if you want her back in.

Trap flying Trish is a good tactic against your X-23's speed and dash in attacks. The best way to deal with it is to not get baited into trying. If it's all you got left though you're probably gonna eat something trying to get inside on her. It aint fun and I'm hoping someone here can tell me I'm dead wrong and she has a dash that acts as a go behind teleport or something.

If so thank God for it existing and use that to approach.

enzo_gt said:
Were there new events released this week?

Yes. 2 events in total. Win 1 match with a capcom team on live and win 10 matches with an all capcom team online. Also 3 new shadow modes (shadow modes are purchase only to receive)

X-men
Phoenix/Wolverine/Storm (fair ai with a dumb idea of putting phoenix on point. At least her ai knows how to combo though)

X-Force
Wolverine/x-23/Deadpool (fair Ai)

Avengers Classic
Captain America/Ironman/Thor (high level Ai on this one for once. A fun play)

God's Beard said:
I think Q's right, Viewtiful Joe is pretty good. There's some tricky stuff I've been finding out using MODOK's barrier assist with him, and I've been wanting to find good uses for that assist since the gamespot tournament.

I've been curious about barrier assist for awhile myself. Joe is great in close so I was thinking if you could summon it during an opponents jump then dash under them they would be pinned between it and Joe when they land. It wouldn't Wombo combo them though because it doesn't deal damage (at least I dont think) but it should create and instant cornering situation from anywhere and for some people thats all they need to keep combos going good.

Especially Joe...such small poke range=need to corner.

Ferrio

Banned
Running into way too many teleport/beam assist shit now t hat i've hit 4th. Wesker + a beam is just fucking unfair online.

shaowebb said:
I've been curious about barrier assist for awhile myself. Joe is great in close so I was thinking if you could summon it during an opponents jump then dash under them they would be pinned between it and Joe when they land. It wouldn't Wombo combo them though because it doesn't deal damage (at least I dont think) but it should create and instant cornering situation from anywhere and for some people thats all they need to keep combos going good.

Especially Joe...such small poke range=need to corner.

Doesn't last long enough. The first thing I tried at Gamespot was throwing it out, then teleporting to the other side with Wesker and Dormammu to do corner pressure. It's not really a good use for that.

It does last long enough for Joe to charge a voomerang, and in the corner, you can bounce his bombs around with it like pinball, giving them a much wider radius and removing more of the opponent's options.

Of course, they can always hyper it, but there isn't usually a lot of risk from eating a fullscreen hyper unless they have 3 characters with beams.

shaowebb

God's Beard said:
Doesn't last long enough. The first thing I tried at Gamespot was throwing it out, then teleporting to the other side with Wesker and Dormammu to do corner pressure. It's not really a good use for that.

It does last long enough for Joe to charge a voomerang, and in the corner, you can bounce his bombs around with it like pinball, giving them a much wider radius and removing more of the opponent's options.

Of course, they can always hyper it, but there isn't usually a lot of risk from eating a fullscreen hyper unless they have 3 characters with beams.

Damn. I had hoped for a pindown situation with that barrier up on assist. It was actually my most anticipated assist prior to launch and it's been nothing but a dud so far. Ricochet usage sounds fun though if the bounce distance is far enough. Maybe it's meant to work like gustav flame or lariat and simply dead stop a rushdown. I might be able to set akuma's hyper off behind it with it guarding my startup. I'd have to catch the release pretty dead on with their coming to a stop, though with him. Maybe Zero energy tunnel instead.

Too bad it doesn't act as a reflector that could shout all beams off it out at angles or something clever like that.

The only assist that's let me down more is Shuma Gorath's Mystic stare. Half screen and NO clingy? booooooo...

Dahbomb

My friend just built 5 meters in one combo using 2 TACs and got Dark Phoenix in less than 10 seconds to the match. -_-

I am surprised that more Phoenix players don't try to abuse TACs for the free meter gain.

LordAlu

Ferrio said:
Running into way too many teleport/beam assist shit now t hat i've hit 4th. Wesker + a beam is just fucking unfair online.
This happens to me way too much. Coz I haven't played any Ranked, whenever I join Player and choose same rank it won't find anyone, but if I leave it to any I just get high rankers who destroy me. The only way I can get some fun is in a lobby and even then it just takes one high ranker to join and start battering everybody for them all to leave :(

Taskmaster has one of if not the best normal air attack in the game *maybe trons is better*
I actually think Tron's is overrated, because it's both predictable and there are answers to it.

What does Chaotic Flame have to do with Stalking Yoga Catastrophe (whatever it's called)?
They're both ways to spend meter; my point is that if you are thinking about burning 3 meters on Stalking Flare chip, consider just trying to find one move to punish with Chaotic Flame.

No I am genuinely pretty bad at this game, but at the same time I really love it. I have about 200 games on ranked, got close to 8th Lord about three times but then got bumped down to Fighter because I kept running into anything between Cosmics and 4th Lords for long periods of time.
Put your ranked to "Same" and that won't happen.

Psylocke, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost, Black Cat, Ms Marvel and Black Widow.

Whom do you guys prefer? Opinions on MVC3 tourney prizes.
We get a woman for our prize? o_O Oh, and probably Psylocke.

damn, looks like Marvel 3 isn't showing legs
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427444
Word spreads fast about a company half-assing a product. Sort of like a bad movie.

All I play is 4 lords and higher. And I'm only a 9th lord. I usually get a string of low level players and level up. As soon as I level up they start putting me against high level opponents and I rank down.
"Same" rank! Don't forget to add me on PSN! :p

Question for Qis. What's the best follow up after an OTG assist (Wesker) with Task? After doing his BNB combo and ending with an air S?
I know I'm not Q, but Taskmaster can OTG relaunch on his own with some practice; I'm not sure Wesker's Samurai Edge really has a place with him unless you want to set up unblockables, and a lockdown assist would let you do that anyway with Taskmaster's unblockable attack. Just my two cents.

Any tips for a scrub?

It's kind of hard to give general advice in this game; if you can post a video, I'm sure everyone here would be glad to help out.

The higher I get in the ranks, the more I spam superjump just so I don't have to deal with it...

Dahbomb said:
My friend just built 5 meters in one combo using 2 TACs and got Dark Phoenix in less than 10 seconds to the match. -_-

I am surprised that more Phoenix players don't try to abuse TACs for the free meter gain.
It's not like you can guarantee meter. It's a risk you'll get countered.

Dahbomb

_dementia said:
It's not like you can guarantee meter. It's a risk you'll get countered.
I know that but still it's always worth the try. No one can counter that every time. And if they get countered they can try it again. Definitely should be able to combo after countering someone to discourage them from using it.

And yeah it was de-confirmed about MVC3 being "done and dusted". Capcom is going to be adding/patching shit to MVC3 for at least a year.

What's in the patch? My guess is on Zero glitch. Probably too early for DHC glitch patch because the way these patches work, they are like at least a month behind.

I know that but still it's always worth the try. No one can counter that every time. And if they get countered they can try it again. Definitely should be able to combo after countering someone to discourage them from using it.

And yeah it was de-confirmed about MVC3 being "done and dusted". Capcom is going to be adding/patching shit to MVC3 for at least a year.

What's in the patch? My guess is on Zero glitch.
MvC3 being "done and dusted" was only disconfirmed by Liana, who is just a C-U moderator; she even later admitted that she was just talking out of her ass because she has beef with C-Europe. Regardless, I think she's right.

I think the pros and cons of trying to TAC really depend on what your plans are. If your only real option outside of using a TAC is to just hit S and end the combo due to lack of meter, then the only thing you're really sacrificing is the momentum of wake-up games and the damage from S, and you can gain a full bar of meter and big damage if you risk the TAC. On the other hand, if you have 4 bars of meter and can land Dark Dimension into Chaotic Flame, TAC is probably not your best choice.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:

What's in the patch? My guess is on Zero glitch. Probably too early for DHC glitch patch because the way these patches work, they are like at least a month behind.

I'd say it's plausible timing-wise. The DHC glitch has been known about since at least March 4th, but you could argue it wasn't really used very frequently up until now. I doubt it's removed though as someone on Shoryuken surely would have tested it by now.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:
I would laugh my ass off if that fake patch ends up being real.

Did a quick test with my team in training mode. As far as I can tell Samurai Edge is just as fast as before and Task still chips like crazy.

Hmm. Got a ranked match instatnly without any filter shenanigans.

Dahbomb

Improved netcode? Too good to be true. You checked DHC glitch too? Just pick Storm/Sentinel and do Elemental Rage into Hyper Sentinel Force and see if it does a shit load of damage and if you can launcher after HSF.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dahbomb said:
Improved netcode? Too good to be true. You checked DHC glitch too? Just pick Storm/Sentinel and do Elemental Rage into Hyper Sentinel Force and see if it does a shit load of damage and if you can launcher after HSF.

Got two matches on Ranked same skill instantly twice in a row so far whereas you had to wait like 15 minutes most of the time before that. One of those matches was pretty laggy though, so no idea if anything's improved on that front. I'll try checking the DHC glitch if I can get the hang of the example you posted.

Ok I could be doing the Sent/Storm thing wrong but I could still do launcher after HSF, but everything up until launcher "only" did 297,900 damage. Of course you can combo after the launcher so that's not a negligable amount of damage. Dunno if this is different than before as I haven't really touched both characters before.

Why the hell does Capcom refuse to release changelogs with these updates?

So Zero DHC glitch and Captain America infinite are out, what else has the community gleaned?

Got two matches on Ranked same skill instantly twice in a row so far whereas you had to wait like 15 minutes most of the time before that. One of those matches was pretty laggy though, so no idea if anything's improved on that front. I'll try checking the DHC glitch if I can get the hang of the example you posted.

Ok I could be doing the Sent/Storm thing wrong but I could still do launcher after HSF, but everything up until launcher "only" did 297,900 damage. Of course you can combo after the launcher so that's not a negligable amount of damage. Dunno if this is different than before as I haven't really touched both characters before.
A few things about the DHC glitch you're attempting:
1) Without Storm performing any kind of combo leading up to Elemental Rage, Sentinel SHOULD be able to combo after Hyper Sentinel Force even if the DHC glitch were fixed. You really need to do a basic LMHS, sj, MMHS series with Storm to really gauge the decay.

2) The DHC glitch resets damage decay; Elemental Rage does 146K if you skip the last hit (which is necessary for the glitch in this case), Hyper Sentinel Force is pretty variable, but can hit for up to 300K if all 9 drones hit.

So, from what we have, it's hard to tell whether anything changed in this regard. If you can do the glitch with some characters you are more familiar with, that would be fine.

Laziness; let's at least be glad that they are making changes at all.

mr. puppy

Banned
gah why is everybody doing she-hulk/tron/zoning character its so boring to play against. the worst is when they throw in taskmaster and then the team has a bajillion health

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Storm/Sent experimentation so far. Main reason behind the low damage is probably because I DHC'd with Storm right after the first hit of her hyper. Got more damage by delaying once, but I still don't know the best timing. Either way I could launch after HSF and follow up with the air combo up until the Rocket Punch relaunch but then I drop it when trying a second Hyper Sentinel Force. Don't know if this is normal.

Got 777,110 out of it now.

Another edit: I now could get the second HSF out. I don't think anything's changed on the DHC Glitch front.

Dahbomb

_dementia said:

So Zero DHC glitch and Captain America infinite are out, what else has the community gleaned?
I am going to wait on Desk's own video to confirm before taking it seriously. Those infinites aren't exactly easy to replicate on the fly and it's easy to say "alright I can't do them now, Capcom removed them".

I remember the last patch came out and people were imagining all sorts of things.

Try the same but do it with Zero instead of Sentinel. Use his Clone hyper and do launch into combo of choice. Should do insane damage.

I am thinking DHC glitch is still in with those numbers. And yeah you really should be doing a full combo before it, like basic ground series, launcher MMHS into hyper. It becomes much clearer then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom