• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Random Marvel is some of the best experience you will have in your gaming career (1 Random at a time, not triple random because then you can at least choose your assist properly and change team order if need to).
I much like the "deal with it"-ness of random assists. Forces you to work with what you have, and adapt your playstyle, much like your already doing with your random assortment of characters. Yes, at times some assists are completely useless, but its all part of the gamble.

SolarPowered said:
You say that like it's a surprising thing lol.
Not a single combo was completed with Hsien-Ko. Not one. I feel bad for complaining about Iron Man's launcher after playing Hsien-Ko. If you go in blind not knowing any combos, your essentially fucked.

smurfx

get some go again
Chavelo said:
Jeebus, three rage mails today.

What the hell am I doing wrong
right
?
i wish i got rage mails instead of bad rep. i'm quickly approaching 1 star. ;_; umvc3 will be the end of the gamer rep for good. funny thing is that those same people hating on my keep away will get it much worse with umvc3 since they are catering to that style. i know i'm going to spam the shit out of people. its a matter of principle now. you fuckers are hating on me right now then get ready to see me play later on when umvc3 hits.

enzo_gt said:
Not a single combo was completed with Hsien-Ko. Not one. I feel bad for complaining about Iron Man's launcher after playing Hsien-Ko. If you go in blind not knowing any combos, your essentially fucked.
Her launcher is easy as pie once you know to cr.H. She is definitely not a friendly character for beginners though. It is a far cry from having easy fireballs, good damage, great beams and decent rushdown speed.

Very situational character, that one.
smurfx said:
i wish i got rage mails instead of bad rep. i'm quickly approaching 1 star. ;_; umvc3 will be the end of the gamer rep for good. funny thing is that those same people hating on my keep away will get it much worse with umvc3 since they are catering to that style. i know i'm going to spam the shit out of people. its a matter of principle now. you fuckers are hating on me right now then get ready to see me play later on when umvc3 hits.
My friends laughed when they saw your profile's rating through my friendslist the other day. You are going to end up in the Xbl obituaries at this rate...

:(

Sayah

Dahbomb said:
Game isn't really anymore unbalanced than any other fighter out there. It has it's definite tiers and such but as far as playability in the casual environment goes every character is insanely viable.

As far as your question goes, that isn't a combo that's a RESET. You counter that grab reset by teching (forward + H same as you would throw). And I am assuming this is an air throw. There is a version on the ground Wesker can do that is a command throw and you have to jump out of that one if he gets you in a set up.
Of course, there can never be a perfectly balanced fighter. But I find more things that need to be corrected in MvC3 than most other fighters I've played. I understand some characters like Arthur or Modok are meant to be campers+spammers but then there's other characters like Magneto or Taskmaster that are so versatile up close but also can be used to do non-stop spamming. Of course, there's also Phoenix and the Haggar + Tron assists that also need to be nerfed among other things. Althougn, I can't deny that I picked up Tron recently and have been using her assist to my utmost advantage.

And thanks for that. I will try it out next time I'm caught in that setup. Before I've tried jumping up and not do anything (neither of which work for Wesker).

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
My friends laughed when they saw your profile's rating through my friendslist the other day. You are going to end up in the Xbl obituaries at this rate...

:(
what's the lowest your gamer rep can go? i want to get there now. today i fought this one guy who also had a smurf name and was using taskmaster and haggar! it was a mirror match almost. he had a 10 game winning streak as well. i ended it but i felt kinda bad. fellow smurfs shouldn't fight. ive yet to ever encounter somebody playing zero/taskmaster/haggar. have any of you ever seen that team?

Sayah

Chavelo said:
Jeebus, three rage mails today.

What the hell am I doing wrong
right
?
The only time I send rage mail is when people leave the match when they know defeat is inevitable. I usually write "pathetic" as the heading and send the message. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kadey said:
So. What's the consensus for UMVC3? PS3 or 360?
360 for superior online, superior framerate, superior community, and lack of Ultimoo.

360 so we can also have a 360 TOURNAMENT PLZ.

SolarPowered said:
Her launcher is easy as pie once you know to cr.H. She is definitely not a friendly character for beginners though. It is a far cry from having easy fireballs, good damage, great beams and decent rushdown speed.

Very situational character, that one.
Yeah was having trouble landing combos. Even her trials are iffy, get me frustrated. Also I didn't know how to "play" her so my typical rushdown wasn't working.

ALSO, I'd like to apologize to thatcrazyguy. I just got your message now checking xbox.com bro, didn't see it come up in-game. My bad.

Tobe

just beated a merc yer eel with spiderman task and modok while trying to complete the achievements, i dont even now any combos besides magic series lol

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
ps3.

how will you see Karst's dormammu get beat down by Dr. Strange players world wide?
so are you planning on getting rid of tron? i know i'm dumping haggar for good. i'm probably going to dump zero as well. i still want to pick up a teleport character for the cheap ass mix ups they offer but i'm waiting to see what vergil looks like. i'm really interested in strange.

smurfx

get some go again
Kadey said:
Only one system will be the main one I will stream.
well the 360 version is likely to be the one most tournaments use since the 360 usually has the better ports.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kadey said:
xbox360logo.jpg

Do it.

I'm kinda hype for *real* GAF lobbies though. Only participated in one near release of SSFIV.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
November is a long time. Can't wait to see it running on the stream. I felt Vanilla was an incomplete game like most folks.

LakeEarth

I didn't know Deadpool could "happy birthday" so far apart. I swear my two characters were on opposite sides of the screen and my assist still never dropped. He OTG'd guns hyper and it somehow hit both characters even though there was a small but significant space between them on the ground.

Kadey said:
So. What's the consensus for UMVC3? PS3 or 360?
Both because I'm a superior breed of gamer. :p
Kadey said:
Should be the 360 for once. MvC3 was a bit faster on the 360 and I don't see that changing unless Capcom takes notice.
enzo_gt said:
360 for superior online, superior framerate, superior community, and lack of Ultimoo.

360 so we can also have a 360 TOURNAMENT PLZ.
Xbox would be the shit if Ultimoo and Q were on it. I'd have the best of both worlds matchupwise and spectator in UMvC3 would lead to massive lulz and salty runbacks.

Shit would be epic with easy access to voice chat too!
enzo_gt said:
Yeah was having trouble landing combos. Even her trials are iffy, get me frustrated. Also I didn't know how to "play" her so my typical rushdown wasn't working.
First rule of playing with Lei Lei:

She has no rushdown.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
Shit would be epic with easy access to voice chat too!
i still remember one time you scared the hell out of me when we were playing. you had your voice chat on but didn't say anything for the first matches and then you got frustrated and yelled and scared the hell out of me. next time say something when you have your voice chat on. :p

smurfx said:
i still remember one time you scared the hell out of me when we were playing. you had your voice chat on but didn't say anything for the first matches and then you got frustrated and yelled and scared the hell out of me. next time say something when you have your voice chat on. :p
Sounds like the first time my face met Haggar's lariat lol. I don't even remember cursing or freaking out when Ultimoo and Q pounded my ego into fine dust.

I usually mute myself at the start of the match since most gaffers seem to loathe contact with strangers.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
Sounds like the first time my face met Haggar's lariat lol. I don't even remember cursing or freaking out when Ultimoo and Q pounded my ego into fine dust.

I usually mute myself at the start of the match since most gaffers seem to loathe contact with strangers.
it was actually the last time we played. still i prefer that to salvas scoffing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
palpabl_purpura said:
Offline, both are identical, except for screen tearing on 360. Online, depends if you want to pay for internet gaming. I refuse to do so.
This is for MvC3, for which, PS3 has had framerate issues reported several times more than on 360. We've seen it on streams.

I have encountered screen tearing a grand total of once in my 100 hours of playtime.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SolarPowered said:
CAUSE WE BEAT YOU WITH RAW POWER AND NOT CHEAP GIMMICKS.............loooooooool just kidding we dont we do gimmicky shit too!

Neki

enzo_gt said:
This is for MvC3, for which, PS3 has had framerate issues reported several times more than on 360. We've seen it on streams.

I have encountered screen tearing a grand total of once in my 100 hours of playtime.

don't even know what screen tearing is, encountering it zero times!

enzo_gt said:
50centdisappointed.gif
ib2OLU.gif

smurfx said:
it was actually the last time we played. still i prefer that to salvas scoffing.
wat

I seriously don't remember that...
QisTopTier said:
CAUSE WE BEAT YOU WITH RAW POWER AND NOT CHEAP GIMMICKS.............loooooooool just kidding we dont we do gimmicky shit too!
You saying Smurfx plays gimmicky too?

/troll

I hate you so much! :(

smurfx

get some go again
Kadey said:
Seems like there are more active players on PS3.
other than ultimoo who is an active ps3 user? qistoptier stopped playing for the longest and played that blaz blue game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fun fact: 1 out of every 20 posts in the OT2 is Ultimoo begging for someone to play with him on PS3.

Iz the truth.

Neki

smurfx said:
other than ultimoo who is an active ps3 user? qistoptier stopped playing for the longest and played that blaz blue game.
q plays now again, wat you talking about. and we have our dark lord, karsticles!

Fun fact: 1 out of every 20 posts in the OT2 is Ultimoo begging for someone to play with him on PS3.

Iz the truth.
enzo_gt is gonna enzo_gt.

enzo_gt said:

Iz the truth.
Fun fact: One out of every five posts I make has to involve Hsien-Ko even if it is indirect.
smurfx said:
its true!

Thank God I was not drinking something.

LOL

smurfx

get some go again
Kadey said:
Awwww. Ultimoo doesn't have anybody to play with? What about offline people?

360 version it is.
umvc3 will have much lower sales than mvc3. the 360 ports of games usually sell more than the ps3 ports. if you want a larger pool of gamers then get the 360 version just for that reason.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
palpabl_purpura said:
Offline, both are identical, except for screen tearing on 360.
I swear there are timing differences on the PS3 version. I don't know if it's an issue of the game itself not being optimized properly, a case of the PS3 not upscaling to 1080p efficiently, or what, but I was playing on PS3 this weekend at a local on the same TV I use at home and everything just felt off. Was dropping buckler combos for the entire first half of the day.

I don't know. Maybe it was my fucking controller or something. I'd like to know if there have been thorough tests done comparing MvC3 between systems like there was for SF4.

Kadey said:
Seems like there are more active players on PS3.
Nope.

MvC3 PS3 does feel a little off. There's a reason most matches were on the training stage at EVO - slowdown occurs if a lot happens at the wrong time on other stages. The timing is different, but it's the same case as SSF4 really - both versions had differences in input response.

Big flashes + Zapdos flying in at Asgard is probably the worst I've seen it. Not unplayable but definitely noticeable.

shaowebb

Sixfortyfive said:
I swear there are timing differences on the PS3 version. I don't know if it's an issue of the game itself not being optimized properly, a case of the PS3 not upscaling to 1080p efficiently, or what, but I was playing on PS3 this weekend at a local on the same TV I use at home and everything just felt off. Was dropping buckler combos for the entire first half of the day.

I don't know. Maybe it was my fucking controller or something. I'd like to know if there have been thorough tests done comparing MvC3 between systems like there was for SF4.

Nope.

Didn't they mention the PS3 version having a frame rate drop or something? I remember some seething hate over PS3 for something like this when it was announced as the EVO console for the event ( like it was ever a surprise).

smurfx

get some go again
shaowebb said:
Didn't they mention the PS3 version having a frame rate drop or something? I remember some seething hate over PS3 for something like this when it was announced as the EVO console for the event ( like it was ever a surprise).
isn't input lag a problem with the ps3 as well?

It is just a matter of optimizing properly on the PS3. The Cell architecture was a nightmare for third parties and most never quite got the handle of it. The quality of the games compared to 360 versions has improved immensely, but I don't think I have to get into how strict the timing has to be for fighters.

It is just like online gaming for fighters. The internet speeds I had in all of my previous years provided thousands upon thousands of great matches in shooting games while every other fighter besides BlazBlue has been a weak experience. A weak link in a fighter breaks the chain way too easily compared to other genres.

Top Bottom