• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Uncle AJ

Yeah I was PJSalt.gif

Spent a while in practice mode after that and tried to get the hang of picking people up w/ OTG assists... I always assumed it was super strict timing but you really just need to stay low to the ground with your air combo then mash assist button on the way down.

Also Q's Shuma is gdlik

Dahbomb

So guys you ready for the unscaled damage to be removed from Spencer's Wire Grapple?

The OTG move of Chun Li?

The super secret no body found out move of Hsien Ko that is going to be break her out of low tier finally?

Disgonnabgud.gif

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:
So guys you ready for the unscaled damage to be removed from Spencer's Wire Grapple?

The OTG move of Chun Li?

The super secret no body found out move of Hsien Ko that is going to be break her out of low tier finally?

Disgonnabgud.gif
lol what nonsense is this? you can swap out hsien ko mid match for another character?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Reading through the first OT now... my god. SO MANY GEMS. SO MUCH HYPE.

Also got a running list of ridiculous things people have said in that thread.

EDIT: Feb 11, 2011, Niitsuma:

"As far as spectator mode goes, we are working on something like that, and we will have an announcement regarding it soon, but believe we have not forgotten about that and we are sorry we could not get it out for launch."

Dahbomb said:

Just you wait, they're gonna make it so that her bomb or one of her new items gets instant kill properties lol
:(

Jintor

enzo_gt said:
Reading through the first OT now... my god. SO MANY GEMS. SO MUCH HYPE.

Also got a running list of ridiculous things people have said in that thread.

EDIT: Feb 11, 2011, Niitsuma:

"As far as spectator mode goes, we are working on something like that, and we will have an announcement regarding it soon, but believe we have not forgotten about that and we are sorry we could not get it out for launch."

Remember, Earthquake/Tsunami in March disrupted their DLC plans.

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:
2ptrnkh.gif

i thought this shit was on disk already.

smurfx

get some go again
haha oh shit i didn't read the feb 2011 part. shit and i even mentioned it on a stream. lol time to take it back.

So I got 4th place at the tournament tonight :-(

Super pissed, I lost because of my lack of experience. I was eliminated by a Taskmaster/Haggar/Phoenix player because I forgot to pushblock. Kill me now. Also I got opened up by frame traps a lot because I'm not used to playing against many characters.

That said, the guy that won the tournament was actually a really solid Dante/Taskmaster/Felicia player that I wouldn't have beaten regardless. My first loss was to the guy who got 2nd place, a basic but consistent Wolverine player.

Also, Naughty Dog's Lead Technical Artist on the Uncharted games randomly showed up to enter League of Legends.

Dahbomb said:

Disgonnabgud.gif
Swap for DLC character of our choice midmatch plz. Definitely looking to use CapCom instead of her.
God's Beard said:
So I got 4th place at the tournament tonight :-(

Super pissed, I lost because of my lack of experience. I was eliminated by a Taskmaster/Haggar/Phoenix player because I forgot to pushblock. Kill me now. Also I got opened up by frame traps a lot because I'm not used to playing against many characters.

That said, the guy that won the tournament was actually a really solid Dante/Taskmaster/Felicia player that I wouldn't have beaten regardless. My first loss was to the guy who got 2nd place, a basic but consistent Wolverine player.

Also, Naughty Dog's Lead Technical Artist on the Uncharted games randomly showed up to enter League of Legends.
Well... fourth place is not that bad. How many entrants were there?

Hey Solar other people use Hsien Ko! I beat one tonight ^_^

SolarPowered said:
Swap for DLC character of our choice midmatch plz. Definitely looking to use CapCom instead of her.

Well... fourth place is not that bad. How many entrants were there?

...around 20, maybe? It was just a standard local, not one of the iplaywinner ranbats or anything.

Neki

so stupid that I can't end a spiderman combo without an OTG, and with an OTG, I do 600k for an advanced combo, lol.

Dahbomb

I don't know man.. Hsien Ko is still going to be in a competitive team because she is the only character with a fully invincible assist now. It's not like her assist is any less godlike now.

Oh and H&H Mode.

Dahbomb said:
I don't know man.. Hsien Ko is still going to be in a competitive team because she is the only character with a fully invincible assist now. It's not like her assist is any less godlike now.
Meter building being nerfed means getting her out there is even harder than before. Also, Morrigan being shit now means that the risk increases even further.

Gold pendulum is not worth it anymore.
Dahbomb said:
Oh and H&H Mode.
Maybe I can convince Marlinpie and FChamp to play me in H&H mode lol.
God's Beard said:
Hey Solar other people use Hsien Ko! I beat one tonight ^_^
You probably would fine a few strays out there. Darkstalkers fans tend to feel some sort of loyalty for the characters.
God's Beard said:
...around 20, maybe? It was just a standard local, not one of the iplaywinner ranbats or anything.
Ah.... I expected something like forty instead.
smurfx said:
hey solar you getting any of my messages? don't now if something is going on with my router.
I got them, but nothing is working...

smurfx

get some go again
i have no clue what is going on. i got sent an invite earlier and it worked.

edit: i give up. i don't have a damn clue what is going on. everything was working before and now everything went to shit. i can't even connect to a player or ranked match. wait scratch that i just connected.

Dahbomb

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...eries-hosted-by-ifc-yipes-brooklyn-ny.147779/

Oh shit this tournament is going to be GODLIKE. East Coast players uniting under the banner of Mr. Mahvel himself IFC YIPES.

An untainted MAHVEL EXCLUSIVE tournament hosted by TeamSpooky. And it's EXCITE because it's 3/5 with GF of 4/7. FUCK YES IN MY PANTS!

Also money matches:

EMP Remix vs. UVG Noel Brown! Both of these players egos is off the ricta scale and wanna prove who is the better man. They been talkin a whole lotta kaka, so someone is gonna eat some humble pie in this one!!!

RayRay vs. AG MarlinPie! These two have been goin at it in tournament for quite some time, but after Season's Beatings, I'm callin for the Salty Runbaaaaack!!! Expect some HIGH LEVEL play with RayRay's RYU and MarlinPie's VIPER, and obviously some high level Magnus play from both of them.

LB NYChris G vs. DJ Huoshen! One of the best from the East challenges one of the HYPEST players from Season's Beatings. Chris G calls out DJ Huoshen in a race to 7 to make an interesting match between Chris G's Amaterasu/Ryu/Wesker and Dj Huoshen's Felicia/Taskmaster/Skrull.

Especially the 3rd one ultimate battle of CAT VS DOG.

Just passed my ward test and I am off for the weekend. Time to stream monster it up.

Uncle AJ

Nice. Is this the REAL last MvC3 tourney that matters? Everyone was all talking about Seasons Beatings being the big sendoff for the game until Ultimate.

Flocker is one of the invitees o_O

Dahbomb

Mo the Hawk said:
Nice. Is this the REAL last MvC3 tourney that matters? Everyone was all talking about Seasons Beatings being the big sendoff for the game until Ultimate.

Flocker is one of the invitees o_O
Seasons Beating was probably the last MAJOR MAJOR MVC3 tournament before UMVC3. As in West coast vs East coast sort of thing. The other remaining MVC3 tournaments are going to be basically region only like that NorCal tourney as well as the North West tourney hosted by Team Khaos. This one is the East Coast NY MVC3 tournament scene and it's invite only so not really considered a major.

It's sort of sad that Season Beatings which got off to such an EPIC start with the Good vs Evil, WC vs EC and a great top 32 showing only to have a disappointing grand finals at the end (even though the deserved best player in the tournament won). Vanilla will always be tainted with the memory of MASH L FOR THE WIN.

smurfx

get some go again
gg's solar. your ammy is as annoying as ever. >: sometimes i thought there was no way ammy could continue her hit confirm and boy was i wrong. sucks that i had connection problems. before playing solar i was trying to get a game with k-beast. btw solar who was the other guy? suddenly some guy showed up and i had to play him. did you guys have a double k.o with one of your characters? i remember seeing two cards with low life and then suddenly both of them were gone.

smurfx said:
gg's solar. your ammy is as annoying as ever. >: sometimes i thought there was no way ammy could continue her hit confirm and boy was i wrong. sucks that i had connection problems. before playing solar i was trying to get a game with k-beast. btw solar who was the other guy? suddenly some guy showed up and i had to play him. did you guys have a double k.o with one of your characters? i remember seeing two cards with low life and then suddenly both of them were gone.
Haven't played the game seriously in a while so I was out of practice at the beginning. I was hoping that we'd get more matches than that. Also, Ammy is far faaaar less annoying than your particular characters backed by Haggar lol. I felt so out of my element playing keepaway like that, but it was whittling you down slowly so whatever I guess...

That was my cousin who joined us since he wanted to see the kind of folks I play against. We were just fucking around a bit when he played me since I've convinced him that he needs a good beam assist(and no Phoenix) to let his X-23 really flourish. He was also impressed by Max' Assist me footage for Wesker.
Dahbomb said:
Seasons Beating was probably the last MAJOR MAJOR MVC3 tournament before UMVC3. As in West coast vs East coast sort of thing. The other remaining MVC3 tournaments are going to be basically region only like that NorCal tourney as well as the North West tourney hosted by Team Khaos. This one is the East Coast NY MVC3 tournament scene and it's invite only so not really considered a major.

It's sort of sad that Season Beatings which got off to such an EPIC start with the Good vs Evil, WC vs EC and a great top 32 showing only to have a disappointing grand finals at the end (even though the deserved best player in the tournament won). Vanilla will always be tainted with the memory of MASH L FOR THE WIN.
Yeah... some folks on SRK have articulated it in a similar way. Dark Phoenix may have been dealt with on the competitive scene, but she, Wolvie, Haggar and Tron were definitely going to kill this game for middle level players and low level players that don't pick them.

Vanilla MvC3 is definitely in need of a replacement because some of the shit in this game was just not well thought out.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
Haven't played the game seriously in a while so I was out of practice at the beginning. I was hoping that we'd get more matches than that. Also, Ammy is far faaaar less annoying than your particular characters backed by Haggar lol. I felt so out of my element playing keepaway like that, but it was whittling you down slowly so whatever I guess...
we can play again later on tonight if you want. i actually did want to play more but since we usually go first to 10 i signed off.

McNum

So I finally got around to practcing some Doom, and I learned a lot today. First of all: When you haven't played the game since July, you probably should not start off by trying to learn the Buktooth loop. Got as far as LMHS, jM, Footdive and then I mess up. Ah, well. If it was easy to learn, everyone would be Dooming it up. Not giving up on that one yet, though, just not today. Failure is, after all, beneath Doom.

What I DID learn, today, though was Tri-Dashing. Why haven't I learned that earlier? Suddenly it all makes sense when I see Magnetos and Dooms fly all over the place. Now I can do that, too. Just need to learn how best to use it. Also need to clean up that input a bit, hitting Down during a Tri-Dash can lead to unwanted Hypers. Level 3 Hypers. One step at a time, though. So, a small victory, and when practicing, it's good to savor those.

Well, at least Tri-Dashing makes my Doom skills better then hopeless. I suppose it covers Magneto, too. Not Thor, though, he can't Tri-Dash. I tried. I wonder who else can do that?

Dahbomb

It was 5 of the best Phoenix killers in the world vs 3 of the best Phoenix players + 2 average/above average Phoenix players. The fact that it was so down to the wire shows how overpowering Phoenix teams are. It was evil's win if Clockw0rk was in.

Dahbomb

He meant Dark Phoenix too. Of course when someone says "this character is good against Phoenix" it means DP as well.

It might have some truth to it depending on how Nova's charge attacks work against projectiles and how his Aegis reflector interacts. I saw someone use it with a lot of red life and it was on screen for a LONG ASS time like actual Aegis Reflector time. Also full screen beam attack you can use from the air is always nice to have against Phoenix.

Justin says he is liking Ghost Rider, Nova and Iron Fist from the roster although he doesn't think IF is that good from initial impressions.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
He meant Dark Phoenix too. Of course when someone says "this character is good against Phoenix" it means DP as well.

It might have some truth to it depending on how Nova's charge attacks work against projectiles and how his Aegis reflector interacts. I saw someone use it with a lot of red life and it was on screen for a LONG ASS time like actual Aegis Reflector time. Also full screen beam attack you can use from the air is always nice to have against Phoenix.

Justin says he is liking Ghost Rider, Nova and Iron Fist from the roster although he doesn't think IF is that good from initial impressions.
I wonder if the durability or amount of hits his Aegis reflector can take changes if he has more red life. Currently, it's 3 hits with no red life.

Just finished watching the Noel vs. Combofiend running sets, oh man.

Yipes: SHOW EM ZACK. SHOW EM WHAT YOU BEEN DOING AFTER COLLEGE!
Combofiend: Getting hit with some archery shit is what he's been doin.

Anyone got a link to that thread about hype video game moments that ended up just being a Marvel thread? Still searching for more videos. EDIT: Found it.

EDIT2: My memory deceives me.

Top Bottom