• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Frantic

I can kind of see it. Kind of. I see Nova dealing with Phoenix more or less the same way Spencer or Akuma does - throwing out the tackle/beams as a punish when she's meterless. Maybe his aegis reflector can lock her down for mixups, but it really depends on how long it lasts, how reliable it is, and if he can throw it out there without getting hit. I don't know, is there something else I'm forgetting about Nova?

Dahbomb

Frantic said:
I can kind of see it. Kind of. I see Nova dealing with Phoenix more or less the same way Spencer or Akuma does - throwing out the tackle/beams as a punish when she's meterless. Maybe his aegis reflector can lock her down for mixups, but it really depends on how long it lasts, how reliable it is, and if he can throw it out there without getting hit. I don't know, is there something else I'm forgetting about Nova?
That's pretty much it aside from his specials that go through projectiles. Also that invincible LVL1 + air X Factor. A lot of Nova's specials are safe so he can use them to go through the feathers and stuff. Finally, solo combo off of throws.

It's all pure theory fighter at this point especially since most people don't even know properties on his moves or the buffs from his red life mechanic.

Not that it matters... snap back is still the best way to kill Phoenix.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
Not that it matters... snap back is still the best way to kill Phoenix.
Indeed. Especially since she won't be able to hide behind the salty balls as well as before. No more free combo breakers for Phoenix. :p

Dahbomb

Someone make a thread for it. Get some Mahvel hype going.

Oh shit DAT Ammy combo.

I will make it myself then... haven't made on in a while.

Tobe

smurfx said:
well of course when the main battle designer is in love with him and dmc.
yo when did get a tag? though that tag seem to fit you right specially after "go home and build some meters"

edit: totally forgot about smurf's tag lol

smurfx

get some go again
Tobe1 said:
yo when did get a tag? though that tag seem to fit you right specially after "go home and build some meters"
i've had this tag for a very long time now. lol how could you not of noticed?

smurfx

get some go again
n719ad.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzQGvXv2ql0

Dahbomb

Glitch explained:

i'm sure every dante here has tried to xf a cold shower/weasel shot to save themselves only to have a prop shredder come out with no xf pause. this happens because you're actually kara cancelling the style change into xf. dante's style change moves are buggy/hardcoded... for the most part, they are completely uninterruptable when something else happens on the same frame when they're executed (have dante die on the same frame you do a prop shredder.. notice how he stays alive until after it finishes no matter what).

anyways, what gave me the idea was this post. i played around with it ever since it was discovered to see if i could break it, but nothing ever came out of it. then all of a sudden on wednesday, something hit me. i figured style-change stinger might work also. and it did. i also figured that maybe if i bold cancel it, i might be able to act during the super pause. and i was also right. it seems that whenever the move you're doing during the super pause ends and dante goes back to neutral state (or starts up a super), the glitch ends immediately. and while just cancelling in this fashion leads to lots of interesting (and broken) effects on its own.. 10stars was the one who figured out that just doing stinger > million stabs and cancelling out of that was much easier.

...and then it hit me. i immediately thought that maybe style-changes could be abused to maintain avoiding a neutral state, since million stabs is cancellable into launch which is cancellable into charge shots which is cancellable into stinger which is cancellable into million stabs, etc. and sure enough i was right.

the way this glitch works is similar to alpha 3's crouch cancelling to avoid neutral state. except here you are continuously using style-changes to avoid the neutral state and stay in THC startup super pause. leading to hitstun/blockstun infinites which have basically no escape options from anwhere on the screen (in the case of blockstun infiniting, xf guard cancel is not possible at all, pushblock can only be done once, and crossover counter 'works', but... just wait for the video to see why its not a valid escape option)

EDIT: also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzQGvXv2ql0

More coming on this soon.

Rogue said in another post that countering is pretty much useless and at the tournament he actually messed up the glitch otherwise both Ammy and Ryu were dead. All countering does is saves your point character temporarily and the incoming character gets killed. I didn't even know this prior because when I saw the match it looked like ChrisG "broke" out of it but watching it again even after the counter the glitch was still going. Anyone who performs this glitch properly and sustains it simply wins the match... the hardest part is keeping Dante alive and building 2 bars for THC.

I was calling for ban on this even when it was sort of up in the air if you could counter it somewhat with cross over counter but after a more thorough explanation... yeah either ban the glitch or ban Dante (most likely just going to ban the glitch). Not even a soft ban anymore.

Dahbomb

Just replicated the glitch in training mode... my training mode partner had the impression on his face like he pooped some bricks. Wasn't able to sustain it long enough but the screen white freeze flash was enough.

The thing that interests me is that the basic core mechanic that is making a glitch like this possible is the mechanics surrounding Dante's "style" cancels as they call it. There is possibility for even more crazy nonsense with this .

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Back from the tournament at the biggest yearly convention over here. Tournament itself was small, with only 16 entrants of which some entered just for fun and didn't own the game. That said, I won and I'm damn glad I did.

Some hype moments in the finals like when I thought I had the match by rushing through his Sentinel with Weapon X-Prime. Only what happened was, I had called Dormammu right before that. He X-Factor Cancelled HSF into another one and while or right before I started hitting Sentinel with Weapon X-Prime Dormammu died. Meanwhile he had about an inch more than the magic pixel left and killed X-23 with some random hit. I thought Dormammu would pop out, so when I saw K.O. I was confused as fuck.

Too bad there probably won't be any tournaments here for another year if there even is one for Ultimate. Not much people here play the game, but it did draw a lot of attention from bypassers who recognized the characters and they seemed to be intrigued.

Dahbomb

it did draw a lot of attention from bypassers who recognized the characters and they seemed to be intrigued.
Mahvel factor in full effect. We play MVC3 at locals here and it's also a big hot spot for COD tournament matches. Fighting games are just secondary to shooters these days so they take place after COD matches. When MVC3 comes up some COD players stick around to watch the matches.

That's pretty much how I got into MVC (I played MVC before the other VS games). I was at a party and the Dreamcast was running with a lot of people gathered around playing it. I started watching and wondered "what is this HYPE game and why am I not playing it?" I still remember vividly my first match in MVC, dude completely STYLED on me with Morrigan ending with Eternal Slumber or whatever that hyper is where she is fucks you behind you a curtain.

Which reminds me... why is that hyper not in MVC3?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I overhead someone say "Huh, I didn't know that Dante was a Marvel character..."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nils said:
Back from the tournament at the biggest yearly convention over here. Tournament itself was small, with only 16 entrants of which some entered just for fun and didn't own the game. That said, I won and I'm damn glad I did.

Some hype moments in the finals like when I thought I had the match by rushing through his Sentinel with Weapon X-Prime. Only what happened was, I had called Dormammu right before that. He X-Factor Cancelled HSF into another one and while or right before I started hitting Sentinel with Weapon X-Prime Dormammu died. Meanwhile he had about an inch more than the magic pixel left and killed X-23 with some random hit. I thought Dormammu would pop out, so when I saw K.O. I was confused as fuck.

Too bad there probably won't be any tournaments here for another year if there even is one for Ultimate. Not much people here play the game, but it did draw a lot of attention from bypassers who recognized the characters and they seemed to be intrigued.
Congrats Nils. One day I'd like to make the trek out to the local scene but I've got no transportation. Win anything cool?

Dahbomb said:
Mahvel factor in full effect. We play MVC3 at locals here and it's also a big hot spot for COD tournament matches. Fighting games are just secondary to shooters these days so they take place after COD matches. When MVC3 comes up some COD players stick around to watch the matches.

That's pretty much how I got into MVC (I played MVC before the other VS games). I was at a party and the Dreamcast was running with a lot of people gathered around playing it. I started watching and wondered "what is this HYPE game and why am I not playing it?" I still remember vividly my first match in MVC, dude completely STYLED on me with Morrigan ending with Eternal Slumber or whatever that hyper is where she is fucks you behind you a curtain.

Which reminds me... why is that hyper not in MVC3?
Pretty much how I got into fighting games period. My neighbour used to run casuals of video games alongside card games (Pokemon/Digimon/Yu-Gi-Oh, whatever was cool at the time) in his garage every day. Ofcourse him and his buddies were like 7+ years older than me, but I didn't care. I just kind of stood there and watched them play stuff like Sonic Adventure 2 and stuff and then one day I saw CvS2 there and I was like WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE. A few days later I saw MvC2.. and my mind was blown. They didn't play it very often but I hung out there every time for the rare chance that they did for a chance to play it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From Eventhubs video of the glitch:

crossover counter actually doesn't stop this... i'll explain how it works in a vid soon
rogueyoshi 9 hours ago 39

It's true, RogueYoshi stopped the glitch cause you can see the crossover counter registered but it only comes out when RogueYoshi decided it was enough.

enzo_gt said:
From Eventhubs video of the glitch:

crossover counter actually doesn't stop this... i'll explain how it works in a vid soon
rogueyoshi 9 hours ago 39

It's true, RogueYoshi stopped the glitch cause you can see the crossover counter registered but it only comes out when RogueYoshi decided it was enough.
Supposedly Ryu comes out with the alpha counter, but you can continue the glitch against him once he comes in. RogueYoshi said he screwed up his timing and that's what ended the glitch.

It's funny how we got an explosion effect right on top of ChrisG's lifebars so we can't see his health going down.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:
Congrats Nils. One day I'd like to make the trek out to the local scene but I've got no transportation. Win anything cool?

Haha, my spoils of war are unfortunately nothing all that spectacular just some trinkets, which is kind of a shame, because the years before they've always had lots of nice prizes but this year they didn't have a lot of sponsors. I bought myself the Symbiote Spider-Man logo t-shirt I've always kind of wanted, so I just pretend that was my reward :p Thanks again for the extended sparring matches a few days ago.

Nils said:
Haha, my spoils of war are unfortunately nothing all that spectacular just some trinkets, which is kind of a shame, because the years before they've always had lots of nice prizes but this year they didn't have a lot of sponsors. I bought myself the Symbiote Spider-Man logo t-shirt I've always kind of wanted, so I just pretend that was my reward :p
Man, tournaments where no one else knows what they're doing are the best. One time I roflstomped the entire enemy team in a counter-strike "tournament" that was held at some Intel event. I won a couple free PC games and a couple hats from that.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
My first opponent didn't know how to play. The second had played the game a bunch of times over at a friend's house, the third actually had quite a bit of experience and used a Darkstalkers team and the final opponent was someone on my friend list who used Dante/Ammy/Sentinel. He kept me on my toes, and it ended up 3-2. Hadn't lost a fight before that. One dumb loss and the other loss was the situation I already explained where my Dormammu assist got tagged while I was punishing HSF. There was also one Dutch guy there who was solid, but he got eliminated by the Darkstalkers.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Parallax Scroll said:
Yeah, I'm not trying to discredit your win. Gratz dude.

Oh, I didn't interpret it as such, was just giving some extra info.

Azure J

Ok, so thanks to a random phone tower incident behind my house, I've been internet-less for the past 3 days and change. Anything I should catch myself up on right now?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oldschoolgamer said:
Season's Beatings Money Match: Ifc Yipes vs Box Viscant

This is good stuff. Another reason why Marvel should be 3/5.

As for who wins,
Yipes does. He's really leveled up in this game.
Holy shit at that Yipes anti-Phoenix tech. The first match of that last set GOD. DAMN.

Yipes has really, really stepped his game up since his debut at this game, which was what, Winter Brawl? He's actually re-earned his spot amongst the best at Marvel.

shaowebb

biosnake20 said:

Best moment was when the room exploded for Shin Shoryuken.

The thing about Ryu is he fits solid with any OTG or beam assist. OTG assists let him end air combos in S for resets that got back into the air and finish with tatsu, shinko (see ChrisG Ryu+Wesker). And any beam assist lets him mash his really nice priority lows. He has pretty sweet poke range too and stuff like that so you don't have to be as close as some folks like to think to start in with Ryu. His air tatsu L combined with any lockdown assist tends to screw over a lot of blocking too. Gotta admit though I've ran Sent+Ryu for awhile now and I've never called drones during air shinko to get them to stay airborne long enough to link Tatsu H recovery into another shinko. That was Godlike. I wonder if that'd work with Trish assist too?

I'm pretty all in on Ryu on all my teams though I put him at 2nd to start him with meter. Regular ordinary guy is the perfect nickname for him really...he's nothing fancy but when teamed with any tool he lacks he suddenly can become really REALLY scary.

Tobe

UPDATE on QUICKSILVER:

apparently every status change that is happening the moment the glitch activates stays active, so you can get infinite devil trigger, with xfactor and ammy slowdown for example.

EDIT: apparently if you do it for long enough with status changes it freezes the game.

EDIT #2: when doing the ammy slow to devil trigger into glitch the background changes back to normal and the effects of the slow dissapear till the glitch is ended, though it affects visually on dante as in you can see the symbols of the change in style.

WAkJTl.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Wow, so not only is it a block-stun infinite that changes into a true infinite if they try and alpha counter, but it gives him Infinite DT like the special costume in DMC3? Yo Son of Sparda is to gdlk. All he needs now is Doppelganger and Spiral.

Tobe

AzureJericho said:
Son, DMC characters... :lol
to top it off you can devil trigger so the thc comes out, at the moment you turn into devil teleport, not even bff's will top that 50/50

Top Bottom