• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

Uncle AJ

I need to start practicing more with blocking. Do you guys play this game regularly? Hit me up on PSN (MoTheHawk) if you're interested in fighting a training dummy, really just trying to get attacked by the most visually confusing crossups and learn which direction to be blocking.

JeTmAn81

Mo the Hawk said:
I need to start practicing more with blocking. Do you guys play this game regularly? Hit me up on PSN (MoTheHawk) if you're interested in fighting a training dummy, really just trying to get attacked by the most visually confusing crossups and learn which direction to be blocking.

Lol, I tried this with a random recently and I think it made them kind of salty. Just blocked the entire match without attacking. Match ended in a timeout. Still, it seems like a good idea to me, especially if you practice with someone who's got some sick setups up their sleeve.

Dahbomb

Posting for the new page:

Are these all the major tournaments that MVC3 was featured in this year?

WINTER BRAWL, FINAL ROUND, Power Up, UFGT7, East Coast Throwdown 3, NorCal Regionals 9, CEO, Revelations, Shadowloo Showdown, EVO, MAT VIII, Devastation, Toronto 12, Seasons Beating.

If I am missing any please speak up. I am going to be using the stats from these tournaments top 8 for my upcoming post about the vanilla MVC3 tournament season.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm partial to the Urley joke... but oh my do I like trolling Megaman fans or what.

Then I'm gonna kindly ask MahvelGAF for some help. Post every hype MvC3 moment video.. ever. As many as you can. I have a ton bookmarked, and I remember someone had a running list going in this thread, but I want to create a section just to get people hype.

Amongst a bunch of other things/sections. A lot will be similar to Dahbomb's OT cause he did a damn good job of it. If people have suggestions for what they'd like to see, let me know. I'm all ears.

Dahbomb

Basically the info that you need to get across in the OT:

*Get a GAF UMVC3 banner made. Needs to be epic. Lots of people are up to the task just ask for it.

*General outline of new features. Stuff like "improved netcode", "Spectator mode", "10 new stages", 12 new characters, rebalancing etc. Put it all in bullet form like a PR update.

*Changelog. A lot of people even the casuals want to know how they tweaked the system and characters. It should be easily accessible and highlighted so someone doesn't have to scroll and search the entire post for it.

*Art, pics, explanation and video links of the new characters. You should probably either post very small thumbnail sized pics of the older characters or just list them.

*Explain Heroes and Heralds Mode, post a few pics, mention the character cards that were spotted. A lot of people are going to be interested in this. Link the video of course.

*Pre-order bonuses/costumes, the box arts of the game (mention that the box art is reversible with Marvel and Capcom artist covers) and release date/pricing.

*No need to go over basic game play. I did that for MVC3 OT because it was new and people needed to know what some of the new stuff was.

*Throw in some classical MVC3 gifs... Bionic Arm is a must and anything else that is appropriate. Link hype matches if you want.

*Check character length, restrict to one post OP. Epic large OTs are looked down upon now (even though you will have the usual people coming in saying OMG great OT!). It's a relic of the past. People want easy to digest, easy to read information. I know this sounds weird coming from me but it's the truth.

*Aside from the banner... no image should be so insanely large that it stretches the page. It looks like a mess.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Newegg is having a promotion for UMVC3. You can get either version for $30 free shipping.

Use promo code EMCJKHK97 for 360 or EMCJKHK98 for PS3.

Azure J

Dahbomb said:
2 Jeans don't make a Wright

This is really good, but fuuuuck if I don't want an Urley reference in there somewhere.

As for matches, I wish if I could take my bookmarks folder and just paste their contents here, but shit would take fucking forever. Lemme see if I can find my old post in the old Ultimate thread.

I wish if some of the Toronto Cup & like ALL of Season's Beatings would hit Youtube already since there were a ton of gems in them, especially SB. The Viscant/Jago exhibition, East VS. West, Good VS Evil, Flocker, Dj Huoshen vs. Combofiend, Flash Metroid's Viewtiful Joe OCV, Rog Vs. Viscant salty runback... Damn, I can't even list a third of the awesome shit that went down there.

Azure J

Ultimoo said:
no ryan hunter in that list makes me sad.

It never hit youtube. :(

Luckily enough, as I was in the mood to do some digging in old MVC3 threads, I found the post:

Ultimoo said:
ryan talks about doing a cross-up on an incoming phoenix after a snapback a day before CEO using Dante.

ryan proceeds to do said cross-up in game, obliterating the phoenix and winning the game.

hype.

pure hype.

start at 1:49:00

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/287853092

And the ever mandatory gif for visuals:

enzo_gt said:
ibRdfe.gif

From the old OT.

And here's a non-match relevant bonus gem I found the other day that made me chuckle.

Tobe

smurfx said:
lol i haven't hit that haggar level 3 on incoming characters in a while.
yomi lvl3 right there, i though you were gonna dive kick so i didnt do shit, you thought i was going to block lariat and waited, me= dead.

yo im still salty about today fucking jumping S with task has hulks H hitbox goddamit +haggar ARGH!!!! ill post the xbl message pic later that shit made me rage so hard it felt good.

AzureJericho said:
This is really good, but fuuuuck if I don't want an Urley reference in there somewhere.

As for matches, I wish if I could take my bookmarks folder and just paste their contents here, but shit would take fucking forever. Lemme see if I can find my old post in the old Ultimate thread.

I wish if some of the Toronto Cup & like ALL of Season's Beatings would hit Youtube already since there were a ton of gems in them, especially SB. The Viscant/Jago exhibition, East VS. West, Good VS Evil, Flocker, Dj Huoshen vs. Combofiend, Flash Metroid's Viewtiful Joe OCV, Rog Vs. Viscant salty runback... Damn, I can't even list a third of the awesome shit that went down there.

No Bionic ARRRRRRMMMM? :/

Plus i'm all for thread titles that troll megaman fans lol

Kimosabae

Banned
Hmmm. While I like the idea of less meter gain and Assist scaling nerfs making ToD combos less prevalent - I hope they're still prevalent, lol. This is Mahvel. I just hope what we find isn't braindead and requires execution.

I can either really like this game, or really hate it based on these changes. I like the idea of resets and oki being more prevalent and maybe there'll actually be a reason to end a BnB with a Special - giving Specials more utility across the board, or go for CH setups, but I'd have rather they done this by decreasing the damage or upping the health. I like ToD combos since they're fun. Mahvel shouldn't be for the feint of heart.

Didn't know about the Assist Snapback. That's cool.

Need to see more Iron Man.

Azure J

Infinite Justice said:
No Bionic ARRRRRRMMMM? :/

Plus i'm all for thread titles that troll megaman fans lol

*Looks in the list*

I am disappoint in myself. :(

Also you Megaman fandom trolls are cold blooded. :lol

Zissou

I think the mega man trolling stems from roster whining ruining all the umvc3 threads- with mega man fans leading the charge.

Razor210

Taskmaster/Deadpool/Dormammu causes so much salt.

I literally run for 99 seconds and wait for frustration to kick in. Can't wait for Ultimate when it actually becomes a viable tactic :D

Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 |OT| Now with usable Mega Man x......... card
Oh man, if we could do spoilers in the topic title:
Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 |OT| Now with Mega Man X
's card

I'm a Megaman fan, and I still find that hilarious.

Top Bottom