• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

smurfx

get some go again
Jintor said:
Tempted to do a 'Mahvelgaf picture' with everybody represented by their avatars in some capacity.
please do.

zsjxp2.png

Uncle AJ

Anyone want to get some matches going tomorrow night? Don't have to do the training blocking thing, but don't expect anything decent out of my scrubby Chun/MODOK/Sentinel team if we play for realsies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Mo the Hawk said:
Anyone want to get some matches going tomorrow night? Don't have to do the training blocking thing, but don't expect anything decent out of my scrubby Chun/MODOK/Sentinel team if we play for realsies.
psn or 360?

Mit-

Sounds like Jintor just discovered Chris Hu. He is the man. He doesn't play Marvel. His Marvel commentary is godlike.

Also Jintor tell us what Chun-Li's new OTG is :(

Naar

Kimosabae said:
For those that don't know: Daigo Kumite in Kuwait:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/daigo-event-kuwait

I've tuned in three times so far, and each time he was in the process of Perfecting someone.

*edit*

LMFAO he just got another one.

Out of 45 people who fought him 6 beat him and 2 of those 6 beat him again in a rematch.

Most of the games were good games and most were very close in either the timer almost reaching 0 or both are 1-1 and both have a little bit of health left.

Regarding streaming and quality, I am sorry about that. Shit happened and everything I planned for the past 3 months went down the drain and I had to reorganize it in less than 3 days and then to make matters worse, as I was picking up Daigo from the airport I got a call telling me that there was a mix up with the new location I reserved and it was actually taken by someone else.

So in less than 24 hours I had to find a new place with new equipment, projector, TV's, internet, etc x.x

So really sorry about that and I hope next time it's better. For now we have a few ideas how to make it better for Today's Street Fighter Kumite but can't promise you anything.

The Ustream channel is Ustream.com/fikraKW and should start at 3PM GMT

USD

I'm too lazy to translate it right now (and by the time I'm not I'm sure it will be covered, if it hasn't already been), but I'll list all of the mash Hyper Combos. I'm using the Japanese names, which may or may not be the same as the English ones. Also note that two of the HCs are joystick mash, all of the others are button mash.

Only the (old) Marvel characters are listed, so:

Captain America: Hyper Charging Star
Deadpool: Happy Happy Trigger
Dormammu: Chaotic Flame
Doctor Doom: Photon Array, Doom's Time
Iron Man: Proton Cannon (both versions), Iron Avenger
Magneto: Magnetic Tempest, Gravity Squeeze
M.O.D.O.K.: K.Illumination
Sentinel: Plasma Storm
She-Hulk: Criminal Laundry (Joystick mash)
Shuma-Gorath: Hyper Mystic Smash, Chaos Dimension
Spider-Man: Crawler Assault, Ultimate Web Throw (Joystick mash)
Storm: Lightning Storm, Elemental Rage, Ice Storm
Super-Skrull: Inferno
Taskmaster: Legion Arrow
Thor: Mighty Tornado
Wolverine: Berserker Barrage X, Fatal Claw, Weapon X
X-23: Raging Trigger

Chavelo

Jintor said:
Tempted to do a 'Mahvelgaf picture' with everybody represented by their avatars in some capacity.

Does it still count as an active thread poster if you can't play the game at the moment? :O

EDIT: GOOGLE TRANSLATE IS A GO!

Dormammu:
The chain that leads to the ground · 3HIT.
· Increase 仰Ke反Ri weak attacks.
• The dark matter in the cancellation.
As the attacks disappear • The Flame carpet crash.
· The earth thrown down technique confirmed.
The air is let out any configuration and Liberation · Dark spells.
· Generating a dark spell eruption technique guarantees (in the first attack skill test out the frame).
· The inevitable eruption down the dark portion of the spell.
· Slow the occurrence of dark volcanic gravel of the spell.
· Increased damage of dark volcanic gravel of the spell.
The technique generates a meteorite guarantee · dark spells.
Roll-up Hits · Chaotic Flame

Taskmaster:
· High strength floating jump.
Technique reduces the guaranteed minimum damage to normal.
• The web swing to the cancellation.
• The ground 吹Ki飛Bi trounced in charging the star.
• The lower the float charging Star.
• The aim damage reduction master.
· Aim low intensity lifting of the master.
Aim low intensity of the master air · lifting.
• The master added Sting.
• The decrease in the guaranteed minimum hyper combo damage.
• The Solitary Arrow Legion and the damage does not change the past, modified to be incorporated into 減Ranaku combo and damage than the original.
Roll-up Hits · Legion Arrow (air terrestrial)

Dr. Doom:
· Fast generation of strong jump, attack big decision.
• The jump trick down to accept S.
Whole frame of the air reduce the photon shot ·.
Roll-up Hits · Photon Array (air terrestrial)
Roll-up Hits · Doom's Time

Dahbomb

That sounds useless, unless there's some means to cancel the taunt.
His taunt has a hit box also some of his normals like his slide are unsafe and he has to convert into a special to make them space (some of those are also unsafe). It's another option that he has and he can combo with his taunts too.

Plus TROLLERS GONNA TROLL.

Oh fuck yes, delicious changelog.
We have around half of them fully translated in the UMVC3 thread in the Gaming section. That mess doesn't even make much sense.

Jintor

Yeah, I just checked in. Looks like the thread to follow for this shit.

Shulkie changes don't seem to terrible, depending on how bad the Torpedo shit be.

Bizazedo

Thanks USD. You da man for those of us behind a work firewall.

Some of those seem odd for the ones that aren't mashable.

These two only having to mash for those hypers and not their others? Lucky bastards.

M.O.D.O.K.: K.Illumination
Super-Skrull: Inferno

Dahbomb

Changelog is updated with full and correct translations. The changes on all MARVEL characters is more or less complete. Now we await changes to CAPCOM characters (the ones that will make people the saltiest)...

I'm going to a local tournament tonight, I'll be playing Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix and Magneto/Wesker/Akuma. I need more practice playing against people. I have training partner now, but it's not enough and this is a pretty new team for me.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
Changelog is updated with full and correct translations. The changes on all MARVEL characters is more or less complete. Now we await changes to CAPCOM characters (the ones that will make people the saltiest)...

Anyone want to bet that they gave Dante some crazy buff to counter act all his 'nerfs' ala Zero? This is Capcom so it's almost a certainty.

Karsticles said:
This is pretty cool haha. I'm probably going to spend some time in the lab thanks to this video.
Frantic said:
Anyone want to bet that they gave Dante some crazy buff to counter act all his 'nerfs' ala Zero? This is Capcom so it's almost a certainty.
They already streamlined his inputs after taking away his hammer. The only possible thing that could make up for hammer is some super armored moves or a brand new hyper.

Frantic

SolarPowered said:
They already streamlined his inputs after taking away his hammer. The only possible thing that could make up for hammer is some super armored moves or a brand new hyper.
Watch them give him the ability to cancel all his specials with a teleport. Meterless mixups all day.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
This is pretty cool haha. I'm probably going to spend some time in the lab thanks to this video.

I've never seen you do that 5 hyper corner combo with hsien-ko.

I am disappoint Solar.

Frantic said:
Watch them give him the ability to cancel all his specials with a teleport. Meterless mixups all day.
Man, I don't give a fuck lol. If I buy this game I'm probably going to be using three high tier characters which is a BIG step up from my current team.

Fuck his meterless mixups, meet my centurion fist you demonic punk!
Ultimoo said:
I've never seen you do that 5 hyper corner combo with hsien-ko.

I am disappoint Solar.
That shit is retarded LOL. The gong loop and aerial gong combos are strict as hell even without lag and the latter one barely gives you damage for all that effort.

Frantic

SolarPowered said:
That shit is retarded LOL. The gong loop and aerial gong combos are strict as hell even without lag and the latter one barely gives you damage for all that effort.
I once did three or four of the gong+hyper loops against some random guy online to kill his Spencer. I honestly don't know how I did that many, because I drop it at the third one all the time in training mode.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:
GG Nils.

Thank's for reminding me I'm the inverse Mike Ross at this game. The WORST.

You had a good streak at some point and almost evened it up and I had quite a bit of trouble blocking some of the mixups with Ryu and Iron Man. Also not used to someone calling assists so often, but in the later matches I started focusing on punishing them. A lot of fun matches, I loved I think the first match where you Gamma Crushed through Dormammu's fireball only to have it finish you off on the way down. Connection was really solid this time.

Anyway thanks for the practice, like I said there's a small, but one of the only Marvel tournaments ever her on Sunday and I really want to win it. I don't expect any real high level play so it should be doable.

smurfx

get some go again
haha just beat flocker. looks like taskmaster/zero zoning>zero zoning. :p i also defeated his dark phoenix. i was going to style on him and haggar lvl 3 him but he ran away so i just killed him with task.

Anth0ny

smurfx said:
haha just beat flocker. looks like taskmaster/zero zoning>zero zoning. :p i also defeated his dark phoenix. i was going to style on him and haggar lvl 3 him but he ran away so i just killed him with task.

are-you-wizard.jpg

smurfx

get some go again
Anth0ny said:
http://angrywhitedude.com/wp-content/uploads2/2010/05/are-you-wizard.jpg
just beat him again but this time he was using a she hulk/magneto/arthur team. :p he just recently accepted my friend invite. i'm hoping he now accepts my game invites now that he knows who i am. djhoushen also accepted my invite recently. he is the felicia user who beat combofiend.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
smurfx why were you not top 8 at EVO then, huh? HUH?!

Nils said:
You had a good streak at some point and almost evened it up and I had quite a bit of trouble blocking some of the mixups with Ryu and Iron Man. Also not used to someone calling assists so often, but in the later matches I started focusing on punishing them. A lot of fun matches, I loved I think the first match where you Gamma Crushed through Dormammu's fireball only to have it finish you off on the way down. Connection was really solid this time.

Anyway thanks for the practice, like I said there's a small, but one of the only Marvel tournaments ever her on Sunday and I really want to win it. I don't expect any real high level play so it should be doable.
Haha yeah, I started losing my mojo near the end there. Haven't played Marvel in weeks, came on to do some events. Ended up spending my time looking for an anchor for the team. Still not decisive on anything. You have the same problem I do, dealing with rushdown in the corner. I usually freeze when I get to a corner and then end up pushing buttons :(

And once again your X-23 keeps kicking knowledge. Getting hit out of everything, including Iron Avenger, that made me lol, along with that desperate Gamma Crush blowing up in my face haha.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
enzo_gt said:
smurfx why were you not top 8 at EVO then, huh? HUH?!

Haha yeah, I started losing my mojo near the end there. Haven't played Marvel in weeks, came on to do some events. Ended up spending my time looking for an anchor for the team. Still not decisive on anything. You have the same problem I do, dealing with rushdown in the corner. I usually freeze when I get to a corner and then end up pushing buttons :(

And once again your X-23 keeps kicking knowledge. Getting hit out of everything, including Iron Avenger, that made me lol, along with that desperate Gamma Crush blowing up in my face haha.

Got way too greedy with the Weapon X Prime though. The startup of Iron Man's beam is waaay faster than I imagined. I can rush through just about any projectile on reaction if the person uses it 2-3 times in a row, but I kept getting hit out of the hyper or didn't get to activate it. Yep I am often screwed in the corner, especially when playing Dormammu and as he's my anchor and that's when X-Factor Rushers come looking for my skin that often screws me over. Maybe Karsticles knows ways to deal with this, because yeah right now I often get stuck there. Also consistently whiffed my air S after launching in those matches. Will have to quickly grind some muscle memory for MHS instead of MMHS in the air and missing that last S. Never used to have this problem but it has somehow become a nasty habit.

Top Bottom