• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

smurfx said:
oh good i can now cause about 550k + damage off a taskmaster air throw now. this is most welcome news.
Just read this and remembered something pretty big. Getting that throw will be much harder now that they've nerfed air dashes. The only reason people ever bothered to get in on Taskmaster was the danger of those arrows(air dash right into Tasky's throw) and it often ended badly thanks to his throw priority.

His throws will probably only happen as part of mixups and mindgames instead of your average gift throws. Also, people will be zoning WAY more which makes getting those throws even harder since fewer folks will want to play close up.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
Just read this and remembered something pretty big. Getting that throw will be much harder now that they've nerfed air dashes. The only reason people ever bothered to get in on Taskmaster was the danger of those arrows(air dash right into Tasky's throw) and it often ended badly thanks to his throw priority.

His throws will probably only happen as part of mixups and mindgames instead of your average gift throws. Also, people will be zoning WAY more which makes getting those throws even harder since fewer folks will want to play close up.

naw, it will still happen a lot, off of ground throws and when people try to chicken block against rushing taskmasters.

smurfx

get some go again
i usually go and get my air throws instead of waiting for someone to come to me and then throwing them. i still don't think it will be a good idea to get into a zoning war with taskmaster no matter how much zoning has improved in ultimate. well it won't be a good idea getting into a zoning war with a zoner. :p

Tobe

Parallax Scroll said:
Thanks! Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MARVEEEEEEEEEEEEL holy shit that was swaaaaaaaaggggggggg. this game is just godlike

Touch

Parallax Scroll said:
Thanks! Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.
On the note of Sentinel, I wonder if we will ever get some new tech out of him. This air exchange combo has actually been known for awhile before SBV. I feel like Sent is one of the only characters that may be actually "done" when it comes to what he can do.

Hopefully I'm wrong and UMvC3 brings some more out of him.

SmokeMaxX

Dahbomb said:
As far as your point about Captain America throwing out a Shield Slash where it doesn't belong or being vulnerable during it... that applies to every character with a fireball or a beam. This is fighting game 101, you have to think about throwing your fireball before you do it. It's what zoning is about and Captain America is very decent at controlling the mid space already.
Not really. Most characters like Ryu, Magneto, etc. are encouraged to throw ground fireballs/beams. This leaves them capable of performing all of their hypers. Captain America can't do any of his hypers in his strongest offensive position. If you teleport in on Ryu, he can cancel hadouken into Shinku upwards (assuming you're doing one of the more common above-the-character teleports). If you teleport in on Taskmaster, he can cancel arrows into counter hyper. Arthur can probably Armor. Hell even if you didn't have a good DHC to hit the teleporter, you could also THC with Storm or Ammy hypers to knock the assist out of their attack or even DHC into a safe hyper. Captain America doesn't have that luxury unless he throws ground shield slashes.

Touch said:
On the note of Sentinel, I wonder if we will ever get some new tech out of him. This air exchange combo has actually been known for awhile before SBV. I feel like Sent is one of the only characters that may be actually "done" when it comes to what he can do.

Hopefully I'm wrong and UMvC3 brings some more out of him.
Oh, I know. It was just a hype moment to be landing it.

Touch

Parallax Scroll said:
Oh, I know. It was just a hype moment to be landing it.
It's a really exciting combo. I always try to go for it when it 3v1 but my friends all know I'm going to try it so I get denied all the time now. :d

smurfx

get some go again
managed to add about 45 games to my meter on ranked. i was about to turn it off when i got to 30 but then i managed a 19 game win stream so i stayed on. i'd say i have about 150 games to go till i get to cosmic lord.

smurfx said:
managed to add about 45 games to my meter on ranked. i was about to turn it off when i got to 30 but then i managed a 19 game win stream so i stayed on. i'd say i have about 150 games to go till i get to cosmic lord.

I believe

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Whomever is making the UMVC3 OP. Put my stream into it. http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe

I'll streaming 360 lobbies all the time. And dont forget to follow. The more I get, the more I have a chance of getting a Producer badge. Stream will always be super duper quality but the majority won't be able to see it at it's finest so that's where quality controls come in.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kadey said:
Whomever is making the UMVC3 OP. Put my stream into it. http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe

I'll streaming 360 lobbies all the time. And forget to follow. The more I get, the more I have a chance of getting a Producer badge. Stream will always be super duper quality but the majority won't be able to see it at it's finest so that's where quality controls come in.
Wow the quality is godlike. O_O I am hype for UMvC3 GAF lobbies, especially if they're streamed :D

Will add to OP fo sho.

smurfx said:
Good luck man, grind that shit out. 50 matches a week, let's see if you can do it.

Jintor

Internet wise not controller wise, yeah? That's happening. But the main thing is that I don't use LIVE at all ever for gaming (downloading XBLA stuff is about it) so I don't know how the lag is really at anything.

smurfx

get some go again
well the only one i know that knows the difference is solarpowered since he uses both psn and xbox live. i've played against people in europe and japan and i've had pretty good connections. also some bad ones but i've had shitty connections with people in the u.s so you might be alright if your connection doesn't suck.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Never saw this posted.. CC interviews Flocker at SB:V. Seems like a really good guy. Shout outs to picking characters you like as characters, +respect to Flocker and Combofiend.

AzureJericho said:
I remember my post being something like "MVC2 Sent says son, I'm proud."

Hypest Sentinel ever.
I lost my shit seeing Tatsu do it. I was dumbfounded for like an hour, :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
yo way to misquote the quote right above you.

dat iron man juice starting to get to you.
Whatever. This juice comes with 100% more buffs than whatever your sippin' on, brah.

Dahbomb

I love Phoenix as a character... just not her gimmick.

In related news I went to a tournament after a long time, sort of like the last MVC3 tournament here until UMVC3. Was a bit rusty but once my eyes/hands adjusted to the set ups I was doing great. I used what I had learned over the course of the time and applied it in the match fairly effectively. Did really solid until I got to a Hulk player who was actually really good and baited me into numerous st.M super armor hits. He also had a very nice OS dealing with the Berserker Slash where after an advance guard into BS he would just do Gamma Wave and if I crossed up I ate a Gamma Crush. Felt like I was playing the computer or something (who would on reaction counter B Slash). Anyway I lost to him but did well in losers brackets made it into grand finals thanks to great overall air throw game and difficult to read mix ups in the corner (thank you tournament streams).

Played against Wesker/Haggar/Doom and boy did that shit leave me SSSSSSAAAALLLTTTTTTYYYY. I got put into the blender and couldn't get out. I also think that Wesker + Haggar has a guard break like Viper + Ammy or Magneto + Doom because there were times I could've sworn I was grabbed out of block stun. Even my mix ups/rushdown was getting blown up by Haggar. When I was at range, I would get sniped by Doom lasers or stray gun shots. His Doom was average, good but not godlike. The only round I won was when I snapped in Haggar and XFactor killed him. I should've played Iron Man in grand finals but I wasn't confident in him after an extended break from play.

2nd time in a row I have been eliminated by Haggar in a tournament. I am tired of that asshole, GOOD on Capcom to nerf that mustache jackass to shit. But anyway I took care of my salt by spending almost 6-8 hours in the lab straight. Worked on my Akuma combos after air throw, still dodgy but I can get it sometimes if the height is low enough. Props to Noel Brown for getting it almost all the time, it definitely isn't easy. I am now very confident in performing the "Justin Wong" with Akuma. Made up a few gimmicks with Wesker and his Jaguar Dash in preparation for Vergil. I am definitely going to miss Akuma's soft knockdown on Tatsu, that thing made continuing combos much easier although I will gladly take it for the air command flips because I am sure now I can do air throw follow ups MUCH easier with Akuma.

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:
2nd time in a row I have been eliminated by Haggar in a tournament. I am tired of that asshole, GOOD on Capcom to nerf that mustache jackass to shit. But anyway I took care of my salt by spending almost 6-8 hours in the lab straight. Worked on my Akuma combos after air throw, still dodgy but I can get it sometimes if the height is low enough. Props to Noel Brown for getting it almost all the time, it definitely isn't easy. I am now very confident in performing the "Justin Wong" with Akuma. Made up a few gimmicks with Wesker and his Jaguar Dash in preparation for Vergil. I am definitely going to miss Akuma's soft knockdown on Tatsu, that thing made continuing combos much easier although I will gladly take it for the air command flips because I am sure now I can do air throw follow ups MUCH easier with Akuma.
now for that comment i hope they nerf vergil sentinel style early into umvc3. -_-

Dahbomb

Haggar Lariat makes me SUPER SALTY. UGH... the ultimate get out of jail free card.

Vergil even with 500K health would be high tier.

Dahbomb

Haggar is two characters just like Phoenix. It's basically Haggar and Lariat. If people could chose the old vanilla Lariat instead of a buffed Haggar, they would still try to pick old Lariat. It's a one trick pony and it undermines the character (sort of like Phoenix). I have no problems with Haggar getting buffs as a point character in fact I am always screaming for them. But Lariat is still stupid and salt inducing.

So it's the Lariat that needs fuck off. Haggar needs buff like crazy, there needs to be a reason to fear the Mayor of Earth.

Does anyone here play the CPU on hardest difficulty for the fun? My entire team is rendered useless against armored characters or any character with invincible moves and such. And CPU is immune to mix ups. Also I don't know if I have said this before, but QCB+H Drones are extremely underrated and underused for Sentinel on point.

Tobe

Dahbomb said:
Does anyone here play the CPU on hardest difficulty for the fun? My entire team is rendered useless against armored characters or any character with invincible moves and such. And CPU is immune to mix ups. Also I don't know if I have said this before, but QCB+H Drones are extremely underrated and underused for Sentinel on point.
had to play it for the titles and yes cpu on very hard is immune to mixups and it will always grab you, but its totally free to sentinel cr.b

Dahbomb

I already know computer is free to armored moves and zoning in general. I just mean that play CPU like you would in a real match without abusing stuff that the CPU can't do shit about.

Dahbomb said:
Because noone here ever plays with me ( :( ) I do. I lay out Dorm's flame carpet and call Taskmaster assist and the computer runs into it often. Same for Trish. Lay a bunch of traps and call Taskmaster. The computer is very smart but dumb

You can't play it like a normal person, because it isn't. It can be a good thing, because watching how the computer counter and get out of situations is a good way to learn. That's how I first learned about the plethora of things that beat out Ammy's Element hyper. Just block the first hit and go in if you're close enough.

Tobe

Dahbomb said:
I already know computer is free to armored moves and zoning in general. I just mean that play CPU like you would in a real match without abusing stuff that the CPU can't do shit about.
nah shit thats barely imposible, cpu blocks wolverine akuma like its nothing. high low mixups, denied get airtthrowed like a bitch every single time.

Frantic

Before I started playing online, fighting the CPU was mainly what I did beyond practicing my execution. If you're playing the CPU legit, you can actually learn a lot with their absolutely perfect blocking. It more or less forces you to react and punish everything that is possible to punish, and convert on those punishes to the maximum. I still fight the CPU up every once and a while, just for that sort of practice.

JeTmAn81

It kind of sucks that the CPU is so good at blocking mixups because it makes it a really poor simulator for real battles. So many cool things I pull off in training mode against the CPU that I know the average opponent would not have blocked but get stopped by perfect Terminator blocking.

Anth0ny

Tobe1 said:
nah shit thats barely imposible, cpu blocks wolverine akuma like its nothing. high low mixups, denied get airtthrowed like a bitch every single time.

LOL so true. CPU is too godlike. Mother fucker would take games off justin.

Top Bottom