• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

smurfx

get some go again
enzo_gt said:
Wait WTF, Solar is quitting Marvel?

:(

C'mon man, don't do this to us. You're MahvelGAF OG. When I get my MvC3 disc back I promise we can get some games in to give you a confidence boost :(
well if he doesn't come back i can roflstomp you if you want in his place. :p

Frantic

Haven't been part of Mahvel-GAF for very long(probably not even three months yet), but it'll be a shame to see you go come Ultimate, Solar. I hope that we can at least get another set of games in vanilla before Ultimate drops.

Godspeed, Solar.
98T2n.jpg

smurfx said:
well if he doesn't come back i can roflstomp you if you want in place of him. :p
We still need to get some games in. I think I've gotten better at dealing with Haggar and zoning. :p

Nyoro SF

I can see where he is coming from about character favortism. That Capcom changelog pretty much hit all nails on their respective heads about who the devs want to see leading the charge, and it's a bit disappointing that they aren't more impartial in their work.

El Sloth

Banned
Parallax Scroll said:
If you do 1D2C, the next time the opponent does a hyper it hits them instead
This sounds so ridiculously awesome that I feel like I'm being trolled. Has there been a video of him doing this?

smurfx

get some go again
Frantic said:
We still need to get some games in. I think I've gotten better at dealing with Haggar and zoning. :p
looks like life is going to get in the way of marvel for a while. any time i get in will be at ranked so i can get to cosmic lord. we might have to hold off until ultimate.

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
Bah, it's not just the whole low tier thing that gets to me(although it is annoying). It is the fact that these tiers are manufactured and not just because of what they think the characters are capable of. I understand Arthur not being godlike because his design is very easy to limit, but they purposefully hold several characters back and buff others because of popularity. I've never played a fighting game that made me feel like I'm in the middle of a popularity contest and I don't like it. I'll come around when they decide to get their heads out of their asses or when they actually add characters that interest me from more than a gameplay standpoint.

No thanks to this bullshit. I dropped shooters for fighters because I felt that I wouldn't have to deal with the demands of the masses constantly, but I'm smack dab in the middle of their shitty concerns about Magneto, Wesker, Akuma, Dante(who the fuck thinks that he can be bad with 30 something specials? LOL) and the rest of their bad assed characters that basically kept their current spots. I'll go play fighters where popularity doesn't have as much of a say in who is good or not, and I'll go play fighters where I don't have to use the crutch of XF3(seriously, this has probably done horrible things for my game under pressure). I need a breath of fresh air. The atmosphere in the Capcom realm is getting kind of stale.

nf2xs1.jpg

That brought tears to my eyes man. That is the truest thing I've ever heard said about this game. I like the game and yet I STILL totally agree with this statement. This is a game, NOT a popularity contest. I really think some of the things they've ignored tier-wise makes no sense and I respect the hell out of you for doing this.

I waited too long for Iron Fist so you know I'll not quit the game, but I think you just set a precedent for something about fighters I will not forget when I make my way into the industry next year. Make everyone viable, do not manufacture tiers based on popularity. I respect your choice of moving to Skullgirls for this reason. They promised to make every character viable on their own and say each character will have some of every tool. Considering there are no unblockables, infinites or ridiculous loops possible in that game this is something I think only they can go for right now without breaking a fighter.

I'll miss you Solar. You're one of the only ones who put up with my connection for the sake of giving me a match even with how shitty I was versus you. I'll try to be just as free in Skullgirls too for old times sake.

Frantic

El Sloth said:
This sounds so ridiculously awesome that I feel like I'm being trolled. Has there been a video of him doing this?
I think what Karst meant was this at 4:15. Basically, as long as Dormammu completes the motion, those two moves WILL come out regardless. It'll punish pretty much anything, with the exception of throws and cinematic supers.

smurfx said:
looks like life is going to get in the way of marvel for a while. any time i get in will be at ranked so i can get to cosmic lord. we might have to hold off until ultimate.
That's fine with me, though I'll probably be locked away in the lab for a few days after I get Ultimate. I am, primarily, a training mode monster and I will be spending a lot of time making sure old stuff works and what new stuff I can find.

El Sloth

Banned
Frantic said:
I think what Karst meant was this at 4:15. Basically, as long as Dormammu completes the motion, those two moves WILL come out regardless. It'll punish pretty much anything, with the exception of throws and cinematic supers.
Ahhh, I hadn't considered the new 1 frame start up for countering hypers at all...

smurfx

get some go again
Frantic said:
That's fine with me, though I'll probably be locked away in the lab for a few days after I get Ultimate. I am, primarily, a training mode monster and I will be spending a lot of time making sure old stuff works and what new stuff I can find.
yeah when i get ultimate i'm going straight into training mode and not leaving till find out who my new charcters will be and what style i want to go with.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
http://i42.tinypic.com/nf2xs1.jpg[/MG]

That brought tears to my eyes man. That is the truest thing I've ever heard said about this game. I like the game and yet I STILL totally agree with this statement. This is a game, NOT a popularity contest. I really think some of the things they've ignored tier-wise makes no sense and I respect the hell out of you for doing this.

I waited too long for Iron Fist so you know I'll not quit the game, but I think you just set a precedent for something about fighters I will not forget when I make my way into the industry next year. Make everyone viable, do not manufacture tiers based on popularity. I respect your choice of moving to Skullgirls for this reason. They promised to make every character viable on their own and say each character will have some of every tool. Considering there are no unblockables, infinites or ridiculous loops possible in that game this is something I think only they can go for right now without breaking a fighter.

I'll miss you Solar. You're one of the only ones who put up with my connection for the sake of giving me a match even with how shitty I was versus you. I'll try to be just as free in Skullgirls too for old times sake.[/QUOTE]
I agree as well, but it doesn't seem to bother me as much as others. I think it's the lower skill/execution level, or even the tolerance of MvC2 for so long, but I don't get that upset over it. Blazblue may be a more balanced game from what I've heard but I just don't enjoy the mechanics of it enough to get into it. I never got into Marvel, or any game for that matter for the balance. That means, when I get blown up there's less relativity between how badly I get beat. But I soldier on because I enjoy the mechanics.

I'm not excusing Capcom for not balancing their fighters properly, their methodology is flawed because they tailor the character to fulfill roles more often than not, but I do still believe they try to make steps in the right direction. A lot of it comes down to internal ratings and unexplored-ness of characters too, i.e. the reason why Jill got nerfed. UMvC3 is much more normalized than MvC3 on paper, and I'm not ready to make any overarching judgments about the metagame before release, you can't with any fighter, Skullgirls or UMvC3, because you truly do not know until it's out there. At least this isn't AE, or at least I hope now. I feel Solar shouldn't give up hope so early, and it'd be truly, truly sad to lose him, I don't want it to happen :(

Azure J

Geez, I come in here ready to talk about silly song theme ideas for a Phoenix Wright combo video and I find out that SP's got off the Mahvel train. Sucks too, you were one of the guys I wanted to play some low tier funsies with... :(

Not to sound like just another one of the numbers, but I definitiely see what you're saying and agree with you on it in regards to the popularity dictating tiers and character attentions. It's strange at the very least. Still for all, here's hoping things work out (maybe for Pringles edition or maybe after a good break) and if they don't well, Skullgirls will always be there. :p

If you do 1D2C, the next time the opponent does a hyper it hits them instead
...what?

That was a brain fart on my part. I was mixing up Dark Matter with Black Hole when I was thinking of super cancelling.
Dark Hole, FYI.

Wait, what‽
1D2C and 2D1C now become active on frame 1, so nothing stuffs them. Since every hyper but a few select level 3s have post-cinematic frames, you can unleash 1D2C or 2D1C during the cinematic screen. Dormammu will still take a bit of damage, but your opponent will eat the whole liberation. Since 1D2C takes a long time to finish, you can probably land a Chaotic Flame, too.

If that was confusing, I'll lay it out sequentially:
1) Charge 1D2C
2) Ryu uses Shinkuu Hadoken randomly.
3) You unleash 1D2C.
4) Dormammu eats part of Shinkuu Hadoken.
5) 1D2C hits, interrupting Shinkuu Hadoken.
6) Chaotic Flame for big damage.

In Vanilla, 1D2C and 2D1C had a "windup" time that was pretty big, so they could be stuffed easily by random stuff. They're extremely potent now. 1D2C basically means Dormammu won't be randomed out by anything but a cinematic hyper.

Yup!

Bizazedo

Degen said:
So I just finished Hulk's missions, and uhh... Why did I never think to use an OTG assist and OTG Wave in a corner combo? I feel so dumb for not exploiting this

Hulk in the corner can Air HS, L, cr.H, S, air MMHS, OTG Rocket Punch assist, S, air HS, OTG Wave, Gamma Crush for 947.7K? And Ultimate made it even easier?? wat.

Team Armor is about to dominate the roster woop WOOP swag

Yep. I use wesker for it, but same effect.

It's also fun using OTG's after his command throw.

Still grieving over them deciding not to give him 3 pts of armor for standing H, though.

SolarPowered said:
I'm always on the 360. Just PM your gamertag if you want some games on MvC3. I won't be buying UMvC3 for a while(I'll have the guide day one though).
Will do, but should i say first I use Zero / Hulk / Wesker before I do? :(.
SolarPowered said:
Bah, it's not just the whole low tier thing that gets to me(although it is annoying). It is the fact that these tiers are manufactured and not just because of what they think the characters are capable of. I understand Arthur not being godlike because his design is very easy to limit, but they purposefully hold several characters back and buff others because of popularity. I've never played a fighting game that made me feel like I'm in the middle of a popularity contest and I don't like it. I'll come around when they decide to get their heads out of their asses or when they actually add characters that interest me from more than a gameplay standpoint.

No thanks to this bullshit. I dropped shooters for fighters because I felt that I wouldn't have to deal with the demands of the masses constantly, but I'm smack dab in the middle of their shitty concerns about Magneto, Wesker, Akuma, Dante(who the fuck thinks that he can be bad with 30 something specials? LOL) and the rest of their bad assed characters that basically kept their current spots. I'll go play fighters where popularity doesn't have as much of a say in who is good or not, and I'll go play fighters where I don't have to use the crutch of XF3(seriously, this has probably done horrible things for my game under pressure). I need a breath of fresh air. The atmosphere in the Capcom realm is getting kind of stale.
Granted, but, the flipside of it is that unless you're like Wong or Viscant or somebody, the tiers don't really matter as much. We can make a lot of the lower guys work for our levels.

It's just if you have fun with the game.

shaowebb said:
Didn't you say I was way off and incorrect when I made this argument days ago? :). Lots of people on GAF did.

Tobe

some dude just used a lagswitch i cant fucking believe this shit, are you serious i know phoenix is crazy fast but a lagswitch goddamn.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
1D2C and 2D1C now become active on frame 1, so nothing stuffs them. Since every hyper but a few select level 3s have post-cinematic frames, you can unleash 1D2C or 2D1C during the cinematic screen. Dormammu will still take a bit of damage, but your opponent will eat the whole liberation. Since 1D2C takes a long time to finish, you can probably land a Chaotic Flame, too.

1) Charge 1D2C
3) You unleash 1D2C.
This is blowing my mind right now. The more you know.

El Sloth

Banned
Karsticles said:
Dark Hole, FYI.
Probably the reason I brain farted in the first place.
Karsticles said:

1) Charge 1D2C
3) You unleash 1D2C.

In Vanilla, 1D2C and 2D1C had a "windup" time that was pretty big, so they could be stuffed easily by random stuff. They're extremely potent now. 1D2C basically means Dormammu won't be randomed out by anything but a cinematic hyper.
Yeah, I didn't realize what a big deal the 1 frame start up was until Frantic pointed it out. Of course the only reason this is really sweet is because now we're able to stock spells in the air.

Damn, that is so cool. Blowing up my friends x-factor shinku chip attempts is going to fun.

Solune

Anyone have links to interesting Ammy combos like MastaCJ was showing off at the Curleh Mustache Invitational? Better yet if anyone has any time stamps of it I would appreciate it. I tried to go through the archive but didn't find the matches he did it in.

Dahbomb

Solune said:
Anyone have links to interesting Ammy combos like MastaCJ was showing off at the Curleh Mustache Invitational? Better yet if anyone has any time stamps of it I would appreciate it. I tried to go through the archive but didn't find the matches he did it in.
He did the combos before the tournament and exhibitions even began so look at a really really time stamp.

Touch

Solune said:
He did a FT5 with Insaynne at 34:00 of this video. It had some interesting combos. Not sure if they are the ones you are talking about.

The archive says it's Guard Crush 26 but it's CM

Bizazedo said:
Will do, but should i say first I use Zero / Hulk / Wesker before I do? :(.
I think I should warn you about my team.

I use Ammy/Hsien-Ko/Morrigan. Just a warning.
shaowebb said:
I'll miss you Solar. You're one of the only ones who put up with my connection for the sake of giving me a match even with how shitty I was versus you. I'll try to be just as free in Skullgirls too for old times sake.
We should totally try some more games. I don't think we ever tried to play after I got my connection super buffed.

Don't worry about me judging you on UMvC3 either. You've waited a long ass time to play your favorite comic hero in a Mahvel game and nothing should stand in the way of that, especially not my nerd rage. :p
Frantic said:
Haven't been part of Mahvel-GAF for very long(probably not even three months yet), but it'll be a shame to see you go come Ultimate, Solar. I hope that we can at least get another set of games in vanilla before Ultimate drops.

Godspeed, Solar.
I'll still post in this thread regularly, but I'll post way less in the UMvC3 one. I might offer some advice here and there based on what I've seen or what I can glean from the guide.

We should definitely play some more games before UMvC3 drops though. You are probably one of my three favorite people to fight against.
enzo_gt said:
I agree as well, but it doesn't seem to bother me as much as others. I think it's the lower skill/execution level, or even the tolerance of MvC2 for so long, but I don't get that upset over it. Blazblue may be a more balanced game from what I've heard but I just don't enjoy the mechanics of it enough to get into it. I never got into Marvel, or any game for that matter for the balance. That means, when I get blown up there's less relativity between how badly I get beat. But I soldier on because I enjoy the mechanics.

I'm not excusing Capcom for not balancing their fighters properly, their methodology is flawed because they tailor the character to fulfill roles more often than not, but I do still believe they try to make steps in the right direction. A lot of it comes down to internal ratings and unexplored-ness of characters too, i.e. the reason why Jill got nerfed. UMvC3 is much more normalized than MvC3 on paper, and I'm not ready to make any overarching judgments about the metagame before release, you can't with any fighter, Skullgirls or UMvC3, because you truly do not know until it's out there. At least this isn't AE, or at least I hope now. I feel Solar shouldn't give up hope so early, and it'd be truly, truly sad to lose him, I don't want it to happen :(
I think this place would be better off if there were less of me in here anyway. It's not like I offer anything of substance to our little group haha. I'll still hang around here and there most likely.

shaowebb

Bizazedo said:
Didn't you say I was way off and incorrect when I made this argument days ago? :). Lots of people on GAF did.

The situation has a few distinctive differences to what you were saying. You were implicating that Marvel likely had control over who was going to be good on their side. That they could say "make this guy really good" and that is different because that is highly unlikely from that end of the design. Marvel simply wants the characters showcased to look, act and feel like their comic book counterparts. Had they any power over things to yell "make this guy great" Thor would've launched much more competitive with his startups, ranges and priority over a lot of the other cast since he was in the middle of a MAJOR movie push at the time.

That didn't happen.

HOWEVER, on the opposite side of things Capcom is making the game itself and doing all the coding. At the end of the day if someone fails here if reflects more on the gameplay of that character being good and bad than on the character themself being cool or lame. Marvel can have bad gameplay...they've done it for years. However, they CANNOT abide by a character being misrepresented in their trademark visuals and such. The latter effects their business more than the former. The opposite is true for Capcom...both are important, but bad gameplay being shown off for a character they represent a lot of game market on would be a major redflag to players about the gameplay of said character in their own title to players.

THAT is why Capcom can buff the shit out of their cash cows and do. Its in their own best interest to over emphasize these characters and balance in their favor to grow their popularity to sell their games. Marvel makes comics and the only thing crucial to them is to emphasize the visuals and personalities of their characters to sell the visual and personas of the characters they push. Different markets mean they have different things to emphasize. Capcom makes games so they push gameplay on their vested interests, and Marvel makes comics and films so they push design and personality for their vested interest characters...which is every one of them.

The difference is subtle. I agree with visuals being pushed , but I don't agree with manufactured tiers based on what you want to push. One enhances a game and the other unbalances it. One is beneficial and the other is not. Capcom is the only one who can force a character to be top tier because they're the only ones coding the game and they have theknowedge of how to do it. Marvel won't touch gameplay because its outside of their expertise. For all they know about gameplay they may tell them to make someone good only to discover the answer "they are".

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
I think this place would be better off if there were less of me in here anyway. It's not like I offer anything of substance to our little group haha. I'll still hang around here and there most likely.
ibhz2uvUj2RD9t.gif

*heartbroken*

Frantic

SolarPowered said:
We should definitely play some more games before UMvC3 drops though. You are probably one of my three favorite people to fight against.
Haha, thanks. I enjoy fighting you too. I'll send an invite when I see you on and I've got time for a set.

enzo_gt said:
It's okay, I have taken up the mantle and will continue the SolarPowered legacy.
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO US!? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE, MAN!

Well, I'll be going out for a tourney soon, and I think they want to stream it. Wish me luck guys (although I have 0% chance of winning but still). If they do stream it and I find a wireless connection I'll be sure to link you guys.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
Yay, SolarPowered is back!

Hmm, but why won't you stop talking about Iron Man now?
Us lower-tier character fanatics got to stick together man. You and Dormington wouldn't UNDERSTAND :mad:

SolarKnight said:
Well, I'll be going out for a tourney soon, and I think they want to stream it. Wish me luck guys (although I have 0% chance of winning but still). If they do stream it and I find a wireless connection I'll be sure to link you guys.
Good luck man!

sephi22

SolarPowered said:
Less of me, not without me. This place would suck without me.

:3
No, just no.
Cmon man, we'll start a H&H official neogaf ruleset just for you. You were one of the OGs when I was lurking, and even though most of your stuff was 'Lei Lei this, Lei Lei that', it'd still be weird to see you go.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sephi22 said:
No, just no.
Cmon man, we'll start a H&H official neogaf ruleset just for you. You were one of the OGs when I was lurking, and even though most of your stuff was 'Lei Lei this, Lei Lei that', it'd still be weird to see you go.
ONLY HSIEN-KO
TEAM OF ONE
INFINITE X-FACTOR
FINAL DESTINATION TRAINING ROOM

Noaloha

Yay, a thread with an EGL mention. Been watching the tourney on and off most of the day (rage suppressant in between bouts of Dark Souls and BF3). WorstGiefEver running, as per usual, a sexy-looking stream. Up to Losers' Finals in MvC3 right now.

EDIT: Bums! Posted in the wrong thread! Choke!

V_Arnold

Hey guys! I am working on an input-related project, I would appreciate some help regarding how this game (and fighting games in general) handle inputs, I mean..precisely.

For example, if I want a traditional f,d,df + punch from the player, what is the input-buffer's length (30 frame? 45? 60?), and is it acceptable if a f,f,d,u,df+punch was given? Also, if there is a different attack associated to d,df,f+punch and f,d,df+punch, and then I hit punch with f together, which move is supposed to come out first? I guess the one with higher priority, but before any kind of priority check, should the input system determine if one or the other command was inputted?

Thank you for your answers!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Viscant talking SBV on Box Arena stream right now. He says he told Flocker right after it all that he was the best Marvel player hands down, and he earned it.

Also talked some MAD metagame stuff, breaking down all the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix matchups and why he lost and why he won every game.

Also talking some girls wanting to make out with him in a graveyard afterwards, Fleshlights, Lindsay Lohan, his ex trying to kill/rape him... I love Viscant's stories :lol

Viscant is doing a FT5 against Noah in Ultimate. "Marvel sets are like dating, the goal is to make people cry."

Says him and Fillipino Champ talk Phoenix not being that bad in Ultimate and describes various air X-factor set ups and dealing with zoning changes. "You just can't play stupid anymore and throw fireballs like I do."

Team he's going to keep playing: Wesker/Someone/Phoenix, but a competitive team he will decide later, likes Hawkeye and Nemesis, Firebrand too, looking into CapAm, says he's excited for all the new character really.

EDIT: He's saying Wesker is more nerfed than buffed, Samurai Edge being the main reason. Saying he has bad matchups with most of the upper tier cast and he's showing age. Saying he loses to Zero, She-Hulk, Wolverine, listed a ton more. Saying Wesker will fall off because hes' figured out unlike all the other characters like Zero and Viper. Says he's glad they didn't overdo the nerfs on knee jerk.

Solune

Dahbomb said:
He did the combos before the tournament and exhibitions even began so look at a really really time stamp.
I found it inin grand finals against Noel Brown. He does a variant at around 33:19. Edit: Also 37:14. Purty stuff.
Touch said:
He did a FT5 with Insaynne at 34:00 of this video. It had some interesting combos. Not sure if they are the ones you are talking about.

The archive says it's Guard Crush 26 but it's CM
Thanks I watched it and that was what I was looking for =3.
DryEyeRelief said:
This is totally reminiscent of MvC2 with the whole Magneto assist rape haha.

Dahbomb

For example, if I want a traditional f,d,df + punch from the player, what is the input-buffer's length (30 frame? 45? 60?), and is it acceptable if a f,f,d,u,df+punch was given? Also, if there is a different attack associated to d,df,f+punch and f,d,df+punch, and then I hit punch with f together, which move is supposed to come out first? I guess the one with higher priority, but before any kind of priority check, should the input system determine if one or the other command was inputted?
I don't know about the exact frames but it pretty much counts the last 4 inputs you do if you do it really fast. So if you do something like d, d/f, f, d, d/f, f (which is double QCF) you will get a DP/SRK motion even though according to the last 3 inputs you are doing a QCF. Basically if you do a Forward then a QCF motion you will get a DP in this game.

He's saying Wesker is more nerfed than buffed, Samurai Edge being the main reason. Saying he has bad matchups with most of the upper tier cast and he's showing age. Saying he loses to Zero, She-Hulk, Wolverine, listed a ton more. Saying Wesker will fall off because hes' figured out unlike all the other characters like Zero and Viper. Says he's glad they didn't overdo the nerfs on knee jerk.
Of course Wesker is more nerfed than buffed. It's not about the quantity but the quality of nerfs/buffs. I thought I already talked about this. Some of Wesker's more useless moves are made slightly more useful (still won't be used much outside of gimmicks/one off risky stuff) and his nerfs act upon his truly abusive stuff. I haven't seen/heard this Viscant breakdown but I pretty much know exactly what he as going to say is a fellow Wesker player.

*Gun shot nerf is HUGE to Wesker. No more stray anti-air gun shots into a full combo. No more loops in XF of course although that was a tool he didn't even need. This also affects ANY combo of Wesker that involved the Gun shot, so he can't do wall bounce into gun shot teleport combo. He can't even do L/M Mustang Kick into gun shot which is vital for him to combo off of those command throws. There are probably a lot of other stuff on this I am missing out but as of now... the gun shot is really only useful for OTG pick ups and an annoying zoning tool.

*Lowered X Factor bonuses across the board is a significant nerf to Wesker. It affects him more than the other cast because his boosts were ridiculous, like 200% increase. Anyone still playing Wesker on anchor is doing it wrong in fact I have been saying this for vanilla but the EC players still do it because fuck it... WHY NOT?

*1 million health nerf is significant while I would've like to see it closer to 950K. There is a reason why Wesker isn't 900K and lower. His normals are great but they don't have the priority of some of the characters below his health class (Dante/Vergil/Sentinel/Iron Man/Zero/Ammy etc.). His air mobility also isn't up to par with the other lower health characters like Storm/Magneto. This is the reason why when it comes to top tiers, Wesker has unfavorable match ups and usually wins out because of his absurd health which is now lowered. How many times have you seen Magneto land that first hit on Wesker only for Wesker to live and finish off Magneto with a LVL3 because of all the meter that Magneto combo built on his tanky ass?

*Nerf to Rhino Charge is obvious. It's pretty crappy now IMO like there is even less reward to using it now and I used it a lot against the unfavorable Zero match up. I really hope that change on the invincible frames means something other than I think it does... because having invincible frames on a counter hyper usually means you get whiffed moves.

Says him and Fillipino Champ talk Phoenix not being that bad in Ultimate and describes various air X-factor set ups and dealing with zoning changes. "You just can't play stupid anymore and throw fireballs like I do."
She totally didn't get hit as hard as she should've been. If your starting 2 characters did their job well... Phoenix can still win matches. If they don't pick up the slack and get hit by snapbacks.... Phoenix is going to die real fast.

Team he's going to keep playing: Wesker/Someone/Phoenix, but a competitive team he will decide later, likes Hawkeye and Nemesis, Firebrand too, looking into CapAm, says he's excited for all the new character really.
He better the fuck play Captain America after saying that he would play him if he had an OTG.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
More or less he covered the same things. Just reporting on what he said for those who missed it, his argument focused more on Wesker being "figured out" though, said PR Rog showed him some godlike Dante tech that is not implemented in real matches as of yet. He thinks Wesker tech has kinda reached it's peak and other characters, given the time of course, will rise above him. Flocker beating him was indirect evidence of this (and his Wesker failing to Zero was his undoing). And like you said before, the ease of use with Samurai Edge is what kept people with it and now frauds will be exposed.

I'm not too sure about Phoenix to be honest, I certainly don't think shes OMG DOOMED TO BE VIABLE like people thought pre-release MvC3-kind of free. Still a huge gamble of a character, I'm actually heavily considering picking her up in UMvC3 now that she's less taboo and BS.

Dahbomb

There is a ton of tech on Dante that isn't implemented in matches yet. And there is still MORE tech on Dante that will be found. Basically every Dante player plays differently from other (it's subtle but you can see it) and abuses different tools. We are still very far from seeing a player who has perfected most of Dante's tools. About the same thing for Viper and a few other characters. That's pretty much the downside of characters like Wolverine and Wesker, dominant in the early meta game but later on will fall in play. I also feel that Wolverine and Wesker are pretty much "figured" out although even then there are too strong to sleep on even with the nerfs. It's not like assist call plus fuzzy guard left/right teleport set ups are going to be any easier to block no matter how many times you have seen it.

Phoenix is still going to be taboo and BS.

Top Bottom