• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

BY2K

Membero Americo
umvc3_week9_012_97529_640screen.jpg

:3

I used to run through arcade mode back when I was using Wolverine/Zero. The CPU's a lot easier to beat with Wolverine rushdown than Zero rushdown, at least the way I play them. You can't cross the CPU up, but do enough berserker slashes and one of them will eventually hit. I found this to be the case on normal all the way through the hardest setting.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Watching max's vids really confused me. Why did they nerf all air dashes...but then make doom's air dash 4 times faster than storm or magnetos?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Gr1mLock said:
Watching max's vids really confused me. Why did they nerf all air dashes...but then make doom's air dash 4 times faster than storm or magnetos?
Cause Doom threatened to kill them if they didnt

smurfx

get some go again
just had a ft10 against k beast. god damn his viper is good. he won 10-6 but it should of been 10-5 since he stopped playing one match to do something.

Tobe

some dudes are just wrong on xbl, dude had a 300-3 record with a dante something phoenix team he had also a 10 win streak, i beat him and he ragequits, sends me hate mail about my wesker that sucks, he later sends me a you have no skill you play phoenix. i was like WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS?! ill post the messages later.

edit: dude keeps sending messages, sometimes i weep for this world

Tobe

SolarPowered said:
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with Mahvel.

You've gotten better at using those tools too.
sry for trying the glitch i just had to do it , i fucked it up but at least i got it to activate

El Sloth

Banned
Karsticles, you're a Dormammu player too right? Can you explain this to me:

Dormammu
- Ground chains can go up to 3 hits.
- L. attacks cause greater push back.
- Dark Matter can be canceled.
Does this mean I can cancel it with Fly or a teleport now as opposed to only being able to super cancel it?

Tobe

El Sloth said:

Does this mean I can cancel it with Fly or a teleport now as opposed to only being able to super cancel it?
means you can do whatever you want after dark matter crossup teleport, stock liberation, dark hole, purification you name it.

Dahbomb

You can cancel it with any special you like.... and I mean any special.

Dark Matter into Teleport was the first thing people tried and it worked like a charm. Hello solo cross ups from full screen away.

It's his biggest buff IMO.

El Sloth

Banned
Dahbomb said:

Dark Matter into Teleport was the first thing people tried and it worked like a charm. Hello solo cross ups from full screen away.

Tobe1 said:
means you can do whatever you want after dark matter crossup teleport, stock liberation, dark hole, purification you name it.
Holy hell...

That sounds 'effing amazing. I can only imagine the shenanigans and now with being able to stock up spells in the air...
3PUBQ.gif

No cockblockcarpet assist redeemed (thought that would have been sweet too).

Tobe1 said:
sry for trying the glitch i just had to do it , i fucked it up but at least i got it to activate
The glitch wasn't the problem. It is just the constant uphill fight that I'm tired of.

I'll try my hand at other fighters until I feel that I can take Capcom's non SF offerings seriously.

Tobe

SolarPowered said:
The glitch wasn't the problem. It is just the constant uphill fight that I'm tired of.

I'll try my hand at other fighters until I feel that I can take Capcom's non SF offerings seriously.

wait for umvc3 try the new characters idk, dont go :(

Bizazedo

Yeah, especially if you're on 360, stick around :(. I haven't knowingly played any of you yet.

(can do PS3, too, but that's more :effort:).

JeTmAn81

Don't quit, Solar. Just adopt my new plan to play the most broken BS you can find in Ultimate and rage on everyone with overpowered nonsense. Then play Hsien-Ko on one of your backup teams :)

Dahbomb

It is just the constant uphill fight that I'm tired of.

If you think that other fighters don't have definite tiers or gaps in character strengths.. you are about to be in for a rude awakening. Sometimes you luck out and the character of your choice ends up being too good... in which case you get hate for top tier whoring (like what's happening with me and what's GOING to happen with me).

This isn't Capcom exclusive. I used to be a Namco predominant FG player. I had my fill with the last Tekken and SC games (especially the last SC game). I truly feel that in MVC3 you have a better chance of overcoming the odds than other games, with the high damage for every character, X factor and 3v3 to cover up match up weaknesses. When you are fighting Hilde/Ammy with Rock you are going to think what the devs were smoking when they were trying to balance the game or design characters (or if they even tried at all).

Degen

So I just finished Hulk's missions, and uhh... Why did I never think to use an OTG assist and OTG Wave in a corner combo? I feel so dumb for not exploiting this

Hulk in the corner can Air HS, L, cr.H, S, air MMHS, OTG Rocket Punch assist, S, air HS, OTG Wave, Gamma Crush for 947.7K? And Ultimate made it even easier?? wat.

Team Armor is about to dominate the roster woop WOOP swag

JeTmAn81

Degen said:
So I just finished Hulk's missions, and uhh... Why did I never think to use an OTG assist and OTG Wave in a corner combo? I feel so dumb for not exploiting this

Hulk in the corner can Air HS, L, cr.H, S, air MMHS, OTG Rocket Punch assist, S, air HS, OTG Wave, Gamma Crush for 947.7K? And Ultimate made it even easier?? wat.

Team Armor is about to dominate the roster woop WOOP swag

You can do pretty much the same thing from nearly mid-screen as well. Combo starter (s.H, what else?) into launch, MMS (the H is omitted because it knocks them too far to OTG followup), land, jump-cancel a dash while calling OTG (Deadpool for the quickness), c.H, S, HS, Gamma Wave into Gamma Crush assuming you've made it to the corner by then (usually you do), and Gamma Tsunami if you haven't.

Quote:
Dormammu
- Ground chains can go up to 3 hits.
- L. attacks cause greater push back.
- Dark Matter can be canceled.
You can cancel it into ANY special. Dormammu couldn't super cancel Dark Matter in Vanilla, and reports are that he still can't in Ultimate.

It's hard to say. Being faster, having a hard knockdown for a ground throw, and aerial Dark Spells change so much for him. Plus 1D2C countering every single hyper in the game...

Degen

GGs Mikey (who is certainly not that ducking ultimoo lol). I ate some serious AAAAAARM

Wish I could combo like a grown-ass man but I'm stuck with Hulk, Sent, and button mashing with the quick little chars until Nemesis (savior of UMVC3) arrives

Neki

Degen said:
GGs Mikey (who is certainly not that ducking ultimoo lol). I ate some serious AAAAAARM

Wish I could combo like a grown-ass man but I'm stuck with Hulk, Sent, and button mashing with the quick little chars until Nemesis (savior of UMVC3) arrives

I got the invite but I came in and saw two people and promptly left, lol.

smurfx

get some go again
OMG! solarpowered is both quitting marvel and his hsien ko avatar?

ieqowl.jpg

who will be my eternal rival now? :( you better not ever lose your avatar ultimoo or else there will be hell to pay!

Ultimoo said:
yo don't be like that D:
You never sent me that invite for PSN. You said you wanted to try out your spider man for some new stuff.
Bizazedo said:
Yeah, especially if you're on 360, stick around :(. I haven't knowingly played any of you yet.

(can do PS3, too, but that's more :effort:).
I'm always on the 360. Just PM your gamertag if you want some games on MvC3. I won't be buying UMvC3 for a while(I'll have the guide day one though).
Dahbomb said:
If you think that other fighters don't have definite tiers or gaps in character strengths.. you are about to be in for a rude awakening. Sometimes you luck out and the character of your choice ends up being too good... in which case you get hate for top tier whoring (like what's happening with me and what's GOING to happen with me).

This isn't Capcom exclusive. I used to be a Namco predominant FG player. I had my fill with the last Tekken and SC games (especially the last SC game). I truly feel that in MVC3 you have a better chance of overcoming the odds than other games, with the high damage for every character, X factor and 3v3 to cover up match up weaknesses. When you are fighting Hilde/Ammy with Rock you are going to think what the devs were smoking when they were trying to balance the game or design characters (or if they even tried at all).
Bah, it's not just the whole low tier thing that gets to me(although it is annoying). It is the fact that these tiers are manufactured and not just because of what they think the characters are capable of. I understand Arthur not being godlike because his design is very easy to limit, but they purposefully hold several characters back and buff others because of popularity. I've never played a fighting game that made me feel like I'm in the middle of a popularity contest and I don't like it. I'll come around when they decide to get their heads out of their asses or when they actually add characters that interest me from more than a gameplay standpoint.

No thanks to this bullshit. I dropped shooters for fighters because I felt that I wouldn't have to deal with the demands of the masses constantly, but I'm smack dab in the middle of their shitty concerns about Magneto, Wesker, Akuma, Dante(who the fuck thinks that he can be bad with 30 something specials? LOL) and the rest of their bad assed characters that basically kept their current spots. I'll go play fighters where popularity doesn't have as much of a say in who is good or not, and I'll go play fighters where I don't have to use the crutch of XF3(seriously, this has probably done horrible things for my game under pressure). I need a breath of fresh air. The atmosphere in the Capcom realm is getting kind of stale.
smurfx said:
who will be my eternal rival now? :( you better not ever lose your avatar ultimoo or else there will be hell to pay!
I was your rival? awesome

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
I was your rival? awesome
well you and ultimoo. me and ultimoo are two rabid dogs staring at each other through a chain link fence waiting for the day we can finally throw down! lol you are one of my fav people to play against.

2useu0k.gif

Ultimoo said:
didn't see you on, you busy now? :p
I'll be going to sleep any minute now. I've been wrestling with the Flu for a few days now and I've been handling it well, but I need my rest.

Today was not a very good day for a sick man.
smurfx said:
well you and ultimoo. me and ultimoo are two rabid dogs staring at each other through a chain link fence waiting for the day we can finally throw down! lol you are one of my fav people to play against.
I'm really touched by this and the gif. I never thought of it that way, but I can totally see it now. I'm definitely the Ryu here too haha. I'll probably start playing it seriously if pringles edition drops on us(that or DLC characters).

damn...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait WTF, Solar is quitting Marvel?

:(

C'mon man, don't do this to us. You're MahvelGAF OG. When I get my MvC3 disc back I promise we can get some games in to give you a confidence boost :(

El Sloth

Banned
Karsticles said:
You can cancel it into ANY special. Dormammu couldn't super cancel Dark Matter in Vanilla, and reports are that he still can't in Ultimate.
That was a brain fart on my part. I was mixing up Dark Matter with Black Hole when I was thinking of super cancelling.

Karsticles said:
It's hard to say. Being faster, having a hard knockdown for a ground throw, and aerial Dark Spells change so much for him. Plus 1D2C countering every single hyper in the game...
Wait, what‽

Top Bottom