• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

shaowebb

So what guys have we seen the least of so far in streams?

Shuma, Skrull, MODOK, Chun Li, Thor, Jill, Felicia, Hsien Ko, Captain America, Spider-Man,Arthur, and...Chris?

Thats a lot of damned cast to go unexplored. Someone's gotta find something with these guys. Shame we won't get the chance in Vanilla, but my send off play through has been a real eye opener. Theres a lot of fun tactics in the cast I hadn't been trying yet. Chris is pretty good for things from what I've seen. I just keep enjoying Skrull the more I play him. Folks don't seem to know what to do against him online. Its like a big fat mindfuck when you play a Skrull online and you're not shooting tenderizers every 2 seconds. I honestly think most of the guys I've beat with him this week just sort of lost due for freezing up when they saw I wasn't mashing because they don't know how the guy is supposed to play.

I'm gonna be all over new cast in Ultimate, but I think I may not devote myself to a team for a month or more just to see what I can find.

Dahbomb

Jesus christ that Chun Li combo at the end. There is no way Chun Li has that damage output, it's a glitch for sure but the hit counter is still going like the DHC glitch. Can anyone explain?

Shuma, Skrull, MODOK, Chun Li, Thor, Jill, Felicia, Hsien Ko, Captain America, Spider-Man,Arthur, and...Chris?

Thats a lot of damned cast to go unexplored.
Very few of these characters are actually "unexplored" but severely underutilized. There is enough powerful technology on MODOK, Jill, Thor, Spider Man and Skrull to be used in tournaments if someone dedicates themselves. Shuma is really the only who is pretty much unexplored. Characters like Jill and MODOK can go even further than they are now... even in theory fighter land. Jill however got preemptively nerfed for UMVC3 so she definitely got cock blocked in terms of exploration. You forgot Joe as he is also a technology factory in MVC3.

That Chun Li glitch is a big mind fuck though. Look at that damage.. it's like a reset in between resets but you can't see the reset or some shit.

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
Jesus christ that Chun Li combo at the end. There is no way Chun Li has that damage output, it's a glitch for sure but the hit counter is still going like the DHC glitch. Can anyone explain?
I wish I could explain the glitch, but it was definitely the biggest mind blow I got from watching that video. The uploader says he's going to upload a video on how to do it soon, so I guess we'll see. Who wants to bet that it'll still be in Ultimate? lol

Dahbomb said:
You forgot Joe as he is also a technology factory in MVC3.
And he's only getting more tech in Ultimate. His slowdown super is going to incredibly useful in Ultimate, especially if it persists on a DHC.

Neki

Karsticles said:
How can someone who never presses anything but forward and H together criticize someone else's combos?
haha. doesn't change the fact that I get combos and you guys don't. ;)

Frantic

Dahbomb said:
That probably isn't true but cross fingers etc.
It would be a really awesome buff if true, but I honestly doubt it'll actually happen as well... but I can dream about it, haha.

Either way, I'm gonna start playing Joe more online in preperation for Ultimate. Think I'll play him on a team of Joe/Dante/Viper, just because pairing their white alts together looks damn stylish.

smurfx

get some go again
just beat flocker again. this time he was playing a dante/trish/arthur team. it was an easy win too. don't know if flocker is used to persistent zoning.

GatorBait said:
Rusty random matches in tournaments or with friends?
Only one of my friends is getting Ultimate and I'm definitely not getting that game until after the holidays. Shit might get serious for UMvC3 if Skullgirls is too good or Vampire Savior becomes too enticing.

We'll see...

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
Only one of my friends is getting Ultimate and I'm definitely not getting that game until after the holidays. Shit might get serious for UMvC3 if Skullgirls is too good or Vampire Savior becomes too enticing.

We'll see...
you are going to fall behind man.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
I proposed an OT title with something referring to MMX but there are mods who are MM fans and don't take lightly to MM trolling.
It wouldn't be me without Megaman trolls in the OP. They're subtler though.

I have the thread title in my head. Although God's Beard's is pretty damn good too.

smurfx said:

There are several fraudulent players on XBL these days. I'm expecting Ultimate to cut down on the frauds at least somewhat. Smarter play will prevail over the lag tactics. And I'm hype for it, as long as the netcode is somewhat better.

For further information, see this:

Degen said:
MVC3:

• Lose: "ARE YOU SERIOUS?? that is BULL****"
  • Opponent ragequits: "YEEEAH GET OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULL****"
  • Win: "nice... ... ...that was some bull**** though"

and yet... I cannot stop playing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Killa Sasa said:
There are several fraudulent players on XBL these days. I'm expecting Ultimate to cut down on the frauds at least somewhat. Smarter play will prevail over the lag tactics. And I'm hype for it, as long as the netcode is somewhat better.

For further information, see this:
Yo.. that post by Degen is perfect.

It's like Gootecks reaction to winning in MvC3. "Oh thank god I won, fuck that was some bullshit though I didn't deserve that."

smurfx said:
you are going to fall behind man.
I'll be playing a fighting game with the intention to win if I pick up UMvC3. I've never done that before.

This is way different from me just picking characters that I like. The intertubes will run red with blood and tears.

Neki

SolarPowered said:
I'll be playing a fighting game with the intention to win if I pick up UMvC3. I've never done that before.

This is way different from me just picking characters that I like. The intertubes will run red with blood and tears.

meh if you're not having fun, you're not having fun.

haha. doesn't change the fact that I get combos and you guys don't. ;)
The Vanilla team isn't really constructed for combos, but positional advantage. Phoenix has no assist to let Dormammu relaunch, and Phoenix needs no assist to help her combos, and Morrigan shouldn't be on point anyway unless she's snapped in.

Besides, I only played the team for the last month, and I wasn't serious about it. I would have more developed combos with Morrigan if I didn't think it was pointless until I had my Ultimate version of her to mess around with.

oh snap ultimoo bringing the fire!
Ultimoo went 25-25 against Phoenix on point. He has nothing to bring but, hopefully, some more polished skills to Ultimate, so when his invincible assist is gone, 2/3s of my Vanilla team are buffed to wazoo, and I have a point character that can't get randomed out by Okami Shuffle, he isn't completely left in the dust.

You started it, Ultimoo!

Neki

Karsticles said:
The Vanilla team isn't really constructed for combos, but positional advantage. Phoenix has no assist to let Dormammu relaunch, and Phoenix needs no assist to help her combos, and Morrigan shouldn't be on point anyway unless she's snapped in.

Besides, I only played the team for the last month, and I wasn't serious about it. I would have more developed combos with Morrigan if I didn't think it was pointless until I had my Ultimate version of her to mess around with.

Ultimoo went 25-25 against Phoenix on point. He has nothing to bring but, hopefully, some more polished skills to Ultimate, so when his invincible assist is gone, 2/3s of my Vanilla team are buffed to wazoo, and I have a point character that can't get randomed out by Okami Shuffle, he isn't completely left in the dust.

You started it, Ultimoo!

yo bring it karst. any day, any week, any marvel 3 game. sometimes you just gotta okami shuffle and kill point characters.

Neki

after we get tired of ultimate, we can go back to playing a game of vanilla and it will be awesome. it'll be like "wtf, tron assist is invincible? who made this game."

Haha, but why would I want to throw away my point character? o_O

I don't ever plan on touching Vanilla again. My favorite characters are becoming more interesting, and a new favorite is being added in.

LakeEarth

Frantic said:
"Thanks for Playing" Combo Video. Really good combo vid, and some of these combos blew my mind.
That Wolverine combo in the beginning makes me sad. All these things you can do with that character (and many other characters), but fast meter building and x-factor leading to quickly dying characters made combos like this unnecessary. They are beautiful though.

Dahbomb

Sixfortyfive said:
Viscant giving an indirect shout-out to Dahbomb's MVC3 tournament year in review on WakeUpSRK.
I am listening to it now actually almost like 1/4th done with it. YAY SHOUT OUTS!!!!

That Wolverine combo in the beginning makes me sad. All these things you can do with that character (and many other characters), but fast meter building and x-factor leading to quickly dying characters made combos like this unnecessary. They are beautiful though.
Wolverine has easy mode loops in B Charge mode that you don't need to do those combos at all. They build more meter, more damage for less effort. There is no reason to learn new combos with Wolverine outside of Fatal claw loops (the link is sort of tough).

Also Viscant speaking the GOSPEL truth just like he did before EVO (and went on to win).

kirblar

SolarPowered said:

We'll see...
I think Skullgirls is going to flop hard. I just don't see the market for the game.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
kirblar said:
I think Skullgirls is going to flop hard. I just don't see the market for the game.
There won't be one.

I'm going to buy it and enjoy its possibly-one-year as a side tournament game.

Bizazedo

kirblar said:
I'm going to make myself look horrible and just say I've never played a female character and that already biases me against the game.

I'll probably submit to forum hype and get it, but that'd be the only reason.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I have a heavy bias towards female characters, main a character as absurdly designed as Felicia, and Skullgirls still manages to give me that "creepy pantyshot indie game" vibe.

I sigh every time I think of what Mike Z squandered with that design decision.

kirblar said:
It's the middle of this venn diagram.

NqmtP.png

Kimosabae

Banned
As much as I want to support Skullgirls, I can't touch it with that art style. Don't think I've ever seen one so off-putting. I may just buy the game to support Mike, but I doubt I'll play the game for longer than 20 minutes.

Top Bottom