• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hahaha Marvel pushing Carol and Tony again. So predictable.

MoxManiac

I hope it flows similar to TvC.

Hope we get Doctor Strange!

Strange is pretty much guaranteed, i'd say.

And damn, the hair on that Captain Marvel statue is the worst. Is that what she has looked like? Thank god they went with whatever version they did for MvCI (MCU, I guess?)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hopefully the trailer will auto upload to youtube at a set time when this shit was supposed to be over or something >_>

Strange is pretty much guaranteed, i'd say.

And damn, the hair on that Captain Marvel statue is the worst. Is that what she has looked like? Thank god they went with whatever version they did for MvCI (MCU, I guess?)

She hasnt even been in the MCU yet, we have no idea what she will look like in the MCU.

Error 404

Neo Member
I really loved Marvel 3's art direction and looking at the blockiness (apparently this isn't a word) of this game makes me disappointed. I wanted them to avoid the 3d look. Oh well... I hope Vergil, Dante, and Wesker are still there but that hope will probably get crushed too. ;_;

No X-Men sucks, but I'm still interested. And I know it's still early, but since X is here I'm just gonna go ahead and get used to the idea that Zero's out this time around. It'll save me the heartache later. Still happy we finally got X though.

rtcn63

but it has such awful fucking hair

Its called a pixie cut or something seems to be one of the in things

59258e76948300cbd4d24313dca0f1dd.jpg

cordy

Banned
In a surprise twist, MvC comes through by giving me X in amazing fashion who will hopefully play very well.

SFV on the other hand gives an Akuma who looks unlike his character but 5 brand new characters who aren't classics in the SF Universe so no Sakura, Sagat or all the others.

Very very weird day.

Neoxon

I really loved Marvel 3's art direction and looking at the blockiness (apparently this isn't a word) of this game makes me disappointed. I wanted them to avoid the 3d look. Oh well... I hope Vergil, Dante, and Wesker are still there but that hope will probably get crushed too. ;_;
I'd be genuinely shocked if Dante, Vergil, & Wesker didn't make it.

Error 404

Neo Member
I'd be genuinely shocked if Dante, Vergil, & Wesker didn't make it.

Maybe 1 or 2 will be there, but I don't expect all 3. It seems like they ended Wesker's story so he doesn't seem likely. Dante and Vergil have more of a chance, but I only expect one of them. It would be a great surprise if all of them made it though. I'm kind of wishing that Marvel 3 will thrive now that it's back because to me it's almost perfect in its cast and art direction, even with the infinite combos which I wish would get fixed.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I don't know anything about this captain marvel chick. Why does she turn super saiyan?

Neoxon

Maybe 1 or 2 will be there, but I don't expect all 3. It seems like they ended Wesker's story so he doesn't seem likely. Dante and Vergil have more of a chance, but I only expect one of them. It would be a great surprise if all of them made it though. I'm kind of wishing that Marvel 3 will thrive now that it's back because to me it's almost perfect in its cast and art direction, even with the infinite combos which I wish would get fixed.
But you'd need to consider that they're all fan favorites. Dante's too popular to cut, and people would riot if either Vergil or Wesker were cut.

I don't know anything about this captain marvel chick. Why does she turn super saiyan?
Captain Marvel can go into Binary Mode, which is her Super Saiyan-esque power boost.

jonathanp

So... can anyone direct me to a good PS4/PC stick.

Don't know why I assumed my PS3 stick would work with UMvC3 lol. SFV spoiled me.

Looks like she was using an infinity gem to go into Binary, her mode that activates when she absorbs a shitload of energy

I don't think it's supposed to be Binary, but rather just her having the aura of the orange Infinity Stone (we don't really know if it's the Reality or Soul Gem, since we don't know if they are using the comic book or MCU interpretations of the stones).

Edit: Actually now that I rewatch it, yeah it might be Binary.

Error 404

Neo Member
But you'd need to consider that they're all fan favorites. Dante's too popular to cut, and people would riot if either Vergil or Wesker were cut.

That's kind of the thing though; Maybe it's just because I've been reading Gaf too much but a good amount of people don't want Vergil, Wesker, Zero, etc... to be in the game because they were overpowered in UMvC3.

Neoxon

I don't think it's supposed to be Binary, but rather just her having the aura of the orange Infinity Stone (we don't really know if it's the Reality or Soul Gem, since we don't know if they are using the comic book or MCU interpretations of the stones).
Captain Marvel actually had the green Infinity Stone (which, judging by her increased speed & what it is in the MCU, is the Time Stone).

Top Bottom