• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

I was hoping you'd post your reaction on GAF. What do you think about the Marvel side so far?

Iron Man is cool I guess and I have no idea who Captain Marvel is, but I hope that was at least partially Sigma at the end. :p

This game is literally about X (and to a good extent, the rest of the Capcom side) for me. Well, X and Zero if they bring Zero back. ;)

smurfx

get some go again
would be funny if xmen characters made it into the game but only as assists. i'm thinking gems might end up being this game's xfactor. you choose your gem or gems and use them when you need it.

Assuming if Dante will be in,who will be his rival? It has to be someone with a trench-coat from Marvel.

ghostriderAOSheader.jpg

We got a bit of it in UMVC3,

or possibly

(because of Defenders speculation :p )

(Satana)

or maybe
though Elsa would probably fit better as a rival vs someone from Monster Hunter

Capcom Newcomers:

Zack and Wiki
Any Monster from Monster Hunter
Jack the Ripper (Powerstone)
Dr. Wily
Sissel (Ghost Trick)

Marvel Newcomers:

Ant-Man
Doctor Octopus
Loki
The Punisher
Kingpin

But really, I just wanna see some oddball choices on both sides!

Inmolatus

Necalli is so flashy and fun to watch.

Y'all Rashid fans are nuts.

This, Necailli is the easy replacement for Wolverine. Has the divekick, the berserker slash, the crazy mofo style, etc.

He sucked in SFV story, but the character desingn is perfect for a game like MvC.

Sagat's not really a villain, at least not anymore. As for Crimson Viper, she's with the CIA, so she's definitely not evil. I'd also peg Gen as being Neutral.

Gen is an assassin. He's pretty much evil by default. :p
Also CIA does not necessarily mean good.

As for Sagat - many Marvel characters have been flipflopping between good and evil as well. Magneto has been a hero for quite a long time now, for instance. Same for Venom. Yet both are considered villains for crossovers, and are portrayed as such as well.
I'd argue that for those cases, the best-known interpretations are used, and there, Sagat is a villain.

cordy

Banned
Yeah Rashid would be the best SFV rep IMO. His moves are just so Marvel-like. Honestly, only way I can see Necalli in is to replace some of Wolverine's moveset.

Which might happen lol.

Westlo

I wouldn't be too sure. Rashid was basically the hero of SFV's story & would be easy to transition over to Mahvel.

He's the natural replacement for Wolverine.... all they have to do is change his slash attack to a motion like it originally was anyway.... Dive Kick, berserker slash, power up super,

Khezu

Maybe not a popular opinion but I would rather Capcom go for a very diverse selection of characters and keep the SF reps to a minimum.

Maybe just Ryu, Akuma, and maybe a female, like Juri or something random like Hakan's wife.

Neoxon

Yeah Rashid would be the best SFV rep IMO. His moves are just so Marvel-like. Honestly, only way I can see Necalli in is to replace some of Wolverine's moveset.

Which might happen lol.
Plus, Rashid could easily fanboy over the Marvel heroes & villains. I can totally see him being a comic geek.

Weiss

Banned
For newcomers

Capcom
- Mask De Smith
- Nina
- Rashid
- Jon Talbain
- Leon Kennedy
- Edward Falcon

Marvel
- Black Panther
- Ms. Marvel
- Squirrel Girl
- Songbird
- Star Lord
- Loki

Also I'm not sure how to feel about assist characters. On one hand I like the added complexity characters having assist moves brings, but then assist characters does let you sprinkle in some minor characters who otherwise wouldn't get a shot at all.

smurfx

get some go again
the assist characters are going to cause so much salt. you will get a ton of people complaining about certain assist characters not making it into the actual cast. although they can always make them into playable characters in the future.

shaowebb

2v2 means this is secretly Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2.

ROLL COMING BACK

Considering my OG team was Roll/Tekkaman I am more than happy with both of these claims. Roll's moveset was fun, OTG into OTG into OTG swat away projectile, self buff, extreme cleaning etc etc etc. Great character.

Yeah, I only see Necalli getting in over Rashid because he allegedly has some relation to Akuma in his story mode.

I wouldn't be too sure. Rashid was basically the hero of SFV's story & would be easy to transition over to Mahvel.

I don't know why you guys are bothering to talk about story when we've gotten Gief, Sim, and Viper in the past. Necalli would be a good pick because he's a fast and powerful character that gives off cool colors and is fun to watch. He's also the most common newcomer in promotional materials.

the assist characters are going to cause so much salt. you will get a ton of people complaining about certain assist characters not making it into the actual cast. although they can always make them into playable characters in the future.

When it comes to that sort of thing, think we'll have NPC goons in the story mode that people will want playable like Peter, the Dolls, etc. in SFV

Anth0ny

『Inaba Resident』;225956579 said:
Why do I get the feeling this is gonna look low budget and lame

that's the impression you get from the CG trailer tbh

the gameplay tonight will say it all, though...

I-hate-u

One more post for Ms. Marvel. I was so hype when I saw that red cape in the trailer thinking it would be her, but then I got sad.

I-hate-u

Maaan screw Morrigan and her sista sista shit. Get that trash character out of here and give us different Darkstalker characters.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

The characters and actual fighting in SFV looks pretty great, and it would be quite something for this game to be lower budget and more rushed than SFV.

As in, wow, Capcom, really.

Skab

This is why I'm so nervous about seeing it tonight lol

Plleasseee look good

I don't think we're getting assist only characters, or else the trailer would've alluded to it.

Top Bottom