• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

FSLink

Banned
If Stones/Gems becomes the X-Factor (aka one time use during a match) for Infinite I want some dumb nonsense.

Soul Gem could regen health.
Mind Gem gains much more meter.
Time Gem becomes Ammy slowdown super.
Power Gem makes you motivated and Spiral Swords.

Khezu

MVC3 was such a good looking game, so this has a lot to live up.

So I am slightly nervous.

Though I'm not going to take the CG trailer as anything but an outsourced CG trailer.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I FEEL TRICKED

How does it feel?

I don't get why people are saying that Captain Marvel screams comic book when she literally looks nothing like her comic self but happens to perfectly resemble a CG Brie Larson

barik

It's 5 in the morning here, jesus christ. It's at least one or two hours* until top 8 is finished right? I really would like to see the reveal live.

*four hours including ALL THESE FUCKING ADS

Dabanton

MVC3 was such a good looking game, so this has a lot to live up.

So I am slightly nervous.

Though I'm not going to take the CG trailer as anything but an outsourced CG trailer.

Hopefully that's the case as like you said MVC3 still is amazing looking great character designs. That CG movie released earlier looked lacklustre design wise. That anyone could greenlight that has me nervous.

Inmolatus

It's 5 in the morning here, jesus christ. It's at least one or two hours* until top 8 is finished right? I really would like to see the reveal live.

*four hours including ALL THESE FUCKING ADS

Same here, at least the matches are being hype so Im not falling asleep, but damn, should have gone to sleep soon and just waken up at 3am or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
She doesn't look like that in the comics now and hasn't for years

Also the trailer Carol doesn't look like that she is much younger and more roundfaced

The trailer design is this design, what does it matter that she doesnt look like this nowadays?

And this design is totally rounder faced. You are saying that a cartoon looking model looks like a cgi brie larson as if its that mads michelson model from that death stranding trailer or something.

Crocodile

I think people are going way too crazy over a CG trailer that will barely resemble or reflect the game proper.

I mean the MvC3 trailers were awesome and left a strong impression to this day. This trailer just doesn't compare. That plus other bummers like no X-Men and potential bummers like 2v2 is going to affect hype. It would be hasty to say this game is DOOOOOOMED or any such nonsense but I understand why some people might be apprehensive right now before they've gotten a chance ot see real gameplay.

The trailer design is this design, what does it matter that she doesnt look like this nowadays?

And this design is totally rounder faced. You are saying that a cartoon looking model looks like a cgi brie larson as if its that mads michelson model from that death stranding trailer or something.

I dunno man Brie Larson's got a head like a fuckin' orange, so round makes me think of her

But sure maybe it's just me, w/e

lol the fuck, that's uncalled for

m8 human beings are generally freakish caricatures of flesh i find the human form horrifying almost without exception

i was just making a karl pilkington reference but i apologize if it came off insensitive, i was not looking to do that

looking at it now yes it was kind of rude sorry

shaowebb

If Stones/Gems becomes the X-Factor (aka one time use during a match) for Infinite I want some dumb nonsense.

Soul Gem could regen health.
Mind Gem gains much more meter.
Time Gem becomes Ammy slowdown super.
Power Gem makes you motivated and Spiral Swords.

You think to0 small. Go full Arcana Heart and give em an xfactor a passive and a special at least.

SOUL-
Passive ability: Launcher also fires diagonal projectiles ground or air okay
New Specials: Create a hovering orb that can either fire shots, or circle you like ouroborous. EX summons 2. Disappear on hit.
X-FACTOR: Heal Red Health and Normals on hit steal small amounts of health

MIND-
Passive ability: Small Decrease to damage scaling.
New Specials: Multihit attack summoned in front of you from gem. Air okay
X-FACTOR: Enhanced Meter gain. Further decreased scaling.

POWER-
Passive ability: Launcher gains Armor
New Specials: Gain an armored dash punch. EX version has no armor but crumples.
X-FACTOR:Damage increase based on amount of damage taken

TIME-
Passive ability: Damage taken decreases the more time runs off the clock
New Specials: Kikoken like projectile that hits twice. Good to dash behind. EX causes slow on hit.
X-FACTOR: Speed increased based on the amount of time on the clock

SPACE-
Passive ability: Enhanced dash speed and air dashes
New Specials: Place energy obs around screen that stay. No damage but cause hitstun leading to combo. Used to create obstructions. EX explodes them all at once for damage and Hard Knockdown
XFACTOR: gain meter from dashes

REALITY-
Passive ability: Dash gains teleport properties
New Specials: Teleports that leave a shadowy trail. EX version has the shadows gain hit boxes and cause damage.
X-FACTOR: Psylocke's after images. Normals gain additional hits and stun.

And in Arcana Heart you typically get several specials and an Ultra and just take a def/atk modifier to compensate for the added moveset that you slapped onto someone.

barik

So, how are these games for casual players?

My only exposure to the versus games was the tatsunoko one.

A bit of a climb to get to a basic level of execution and understanding the system, but not too bad after that, a lot less punishing than a lot of other fighting games at least. Chances are that this one will also be more accessible for newer players than previous iterations.

So, how are these games for casual players?

My only exposure to the versus games was the tatsunoko one.

MvC3 was my second fighting game ever and I got the hang of it pretty well, got into the first lord rankings after a couple months of hard play

You just have to be willing to use resources, combo videos and practicing in training mode are a HUGE boon

It's pretty approachable, MVC is more combo-heavy than most so memorizing your inputs can go a long way, difference between taking off 80% of someone's health on one hit vs. only like 20%

the main issue i had online is you have to simplify some of your combos because some of the really complex ones just don't work with even a little latency

Like I'd have a 1mil+ damage combo perfectly honed in training

But if I tried it online latency would make me drop it every time during a reset so I'd only do like 450k damage

Versus doing an easier combo that topped out at 800k damage

-Horizon-

Easy to pick up and fun to play with friends. Annoying as hell online.
Could you choose to only play online against people on your friends list in the previous games?

A bit of a climb to get to a basic level of execution and understanding the system, but not too bad after that, a lot less punishing than a lot of other fighting games at least. Chances are that this one will also be more accessible for newer players than previous iterations.
Sounds good to me.
I could never get into other fighting games and this whole crossover is really appealing to me.

shaowebb

Man need that gameplay so bad lol

Yeah, no kidding. I'm eager for SFV to end already. I need to know what this game looks like out there. Is if TVC, or MSH, or SFxTekken or something odd or something? And for gods sake are their assist like attacks in the game is my biggest question.

Yeah, no kidding. I'm eager for SFV to end already. I need to know what this game looks like out there. Is if TVC, or MSH, or SFxTekken or something odd or something? And for gods sake are their assist like attacks in the game is my biggest question.
Yea I'm also curious if it's 4 or 6 buttons. But we probably won't know that till later?

-Horizon-

MvC3 was my second fighting game ever and I got the hang of it pretty well, got into the first lord rankings after a couple months of hard play

You just have to be willing to use resources, combo videos and practicing in training mode are a HUGE boon

It's pretty approachable, MVC is more combo-heavy than most so memorizing your inputs can go a long way, difference between taking off 80% of someone's health on one hit vs. only like 20%

the main issue i had online is you have to simplify some of your combos because some of the really complex ones just don't work with even a little latency

Like I'd have a 1mil+ damage combo perfectly honed in training

But if I tried it online latency would make me drop it every time during a reset so I'd only do like 450k damage

Versus doing an easier combo that topped out at 800k damage
I should start looking up some videos for 3 just to get a flavor for this.

Top Bottom