• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Ryce

I'm really hoping that Niitsuma is working on this -- I remember him Tweeting a few years ago that if he were to make a new MvC he'd try his hardest to bring back all of the Capcom characters and as many Marvel characters as he could. He knows the demand for a huge roster.

Neoxon

I don't like Carol's hair!

Game is ruined for me.
I really like Carol's hair!

Game is saved for me.
2516508-5567548374-Fh3ro.gif

Considering they want to make sure X-Men fans are happy, giving their moves to other characters will accomplish exactly the opposite of that.

Essentially this is as much of a confirmation of X-Men content without pre-emptively confirming characters they aren't ready to confirm yet as you could possibly get.

He didn't mention F4 in his answer, so I can't speak for Doom but I'm fairly confident that at least Wolverine will be included. As he's the only character who has up until this point appeared in the entire series (not even Ryu can say that) I think that'd fit the bill of keeping the X-Men fans happy.
I think you're supposed to be happy as an x-men fan that Wolverine's moves are still there even if he is not.

I wonder who the two new reveals tonight will be.
Captain America and either Morrigan or Chris.

Neoxon

Isn't captain America the marvel one? Or was that just a mix up?
Captain America is Steve Rogers, Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers. Both are Marvel.

DC had a character named Captain Marvel (Billy Batson), but he now goes by Shazam.

Menitta

One thing that makes me really excited is the story. I expect it to be the most fanservice thing ever, so if the roster suits my tastes, I'll get it on that alone.

BigEmil

So for tournaments is it gonna be on both xbox one and ps4 or is Sony sponsor for also this fighter aswell?

I'm really hoping that Niitsuma is working on this -- I remember him Tweeting a few years ago that if he were to make a new MvC he'd try his hardest to bring back all of the Capcom characters and as many Marvel characters as he could. He knows the demand for a huge roster.

See, I don't know about that. He said that years ago, and if they really brought back every single Capcom character from UMVC3, that would necessitate a 50+ character roster and I'm not sure if the base roster is going to be that big. I'm not saying it's going to be like, 24 or something really small like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was about 36-40, around that number.

At the very least, as I said before, I think they need to prioritize characters that represent their own series, like Arthur, Spencer, Haggar and such, over secondary characters like Hsien-Ko, Trish and C. Viper. I don't hate those characters or actively want them to get cut, it's just that if you got rid of them, their series would still be represented by Morrigan, Dante and Ryu respectively. Scrap Arthur or Spencer on the other hand and you'd be completely erasing Ghost N' Goblins and Bionic Commando from the game completely.

MoxManiac

If they are straight up reusing animations from MvC3, starting roster better be at least as big as MvC3 vanilla's starting roster.

Luke_Wal

I am not at all a competitive fighting game player, but me and a bunch of friends love to mess around and have fun with MKX and Injustice. Would we get any fun out of MvC3? My friends all love Marvel heroes, so I feel like they would enjoy that a lot, but is the game just so dense that we wouldn't be able to find enjoyment in it by playing on the most basic level?

I am not at all a competitive fighting game player, but me and a bunch of friends love to mess around and have fun with MKX and Injustice. Would we get any fun out of MvC3? My friends all love Marvel heroes, so I feel like they would enjoy that a lot, but is the game just so dense that we wouldn't be able to find enjoyment in it by playing on the most basic level?

You definitely can have fun messing around with a friend. The basic combo structure is really forgiving input wise, much more than MKX or Injustice. Advanced stuff is more complicated and hard to execute but you don't need to do TAC infinites to make flashy combos.

MCU Female heroes:

Captain Marvel.
Elektra.
Uh, maybe Black Widow.
....Jessica Jones?

The green woman in GotG that I forgot the name has a high chance imo.

Sayad

So for tournaments is it gonna be on both xbox one and ps4 or is Sony sponsor for also this fighter aswell?
They'd probably stick with PS4 since it will always have to be there for SFV. Unless Sony stop sponsoring the pro tour, I don't see that changing.

Ryce

Dead serious: a few nights ago I had a dream that Ryu, Mega Man, Felyne, Captain America, Iron Man, and Rocket Raccoon were the first characters revealed. I missed Captain Marvel (Captain America… close enough), but I’m predicting Felyne and Rocket Raccoon for tonight based solely on my dream.

Edit: This isn't a leak. I'm literally talking about a dream.

Luke_Wal

You definitely can have fun messing around with a friend. The basic combo structure is really forgiving input wise, much more than MKX or Injustice. Advanced stuff is more complicated and hard to execute but you don't need to do TAC infinites to make flashy combos.

The green woman in GotG that I forgot the name has a high chance imo.

Awesome, thank you! One more question: one of the things we love about MKX and Injustice is that when you pause, it has all your special moves listed right there, so you can do flashy special moves relatively easily. Does UMvC3 have something like that, where both people can quickly see their specials?

If Chun-li is in, I'd like to think they wouldn't show her this early. They didn't reveal her until the last month or two before MVC3 launched.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Dead Rising 4 (uck) releases in 2 days so I'd be quite surprised if Frank doesn't get revealed today actually.

Rip off the bandaid Capcom, let me know if I can expect the glory of the everyman-TJ Rotolo Frank or if you're going to further butcher one of my all time favorite video game characters.

Top Bottom