• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If Chun-li is in, I'd like to think they wouldn't show her this early. They didn't reveal her until the last month or two before MVC3 launched.
It's more likely we'll see some quirkier picks immediately after some obvious choices in the reveal. Like how we got Deadpool last time.

Neoxon

While I am happy that they're getting some of the UMvC3 VAs to come back (hopefully that includes Josh Keaton as Spidey), I'm not really expecting Greg Ellis to come back as Rocket. Now don't get me wrong, I loved Greg Ellis' performance as Rocket, it's just a far-cry from the MCU performance to where I could see him getting swapped out for Trevor Devall to better line up with the MCU. At least in the case of Loomis, Keaton, or even Bloom, they aren't that far off from the performances given by their MCU counterparts.

Out of all the MvC3 cast, I can't see Keaton coming back as Spidey. I'm just reminded how they switched out Keaton with Bell at the last minute when Spider-Man appeared on EMH.

Neoxon

Out of all the MvC3 cast, I can't see Keaton coming back as Spidey. I'm just reminded how they switched out Keaton with Josh at the last minute when Spider-Man appeared on EMH.
But at the same time, Ultimate Spider-Man is getting cancelled, soon.

SaikyoBro

I have a great feeling about this game and its roster.

- Game Informer interview sounds like X-Men and F4 aren't off limits? I'm sure they'll be DLC if they're not there Day 1.
- No assist characters means we don't have to worry about characters like Arthur or Haggar from the last game being demoted and staying that way through the game's lifespan.
- I know for a fact Spencer is in the game, which I think bodes well for other obscure Capcom characters.

I don't think this game is going to disappoint anyone as long as we keep an open mind.

Neoxon

Would love to have Spider Gwen as her own character, but most likely we'll get her and Miles as alts.
Miles has the best shot at being his own character. Hell, that almost ended up being the case for UMvC3. Spider-Gwen on the other hand may just be an alt for Peter.

Skab

Still have such mixed feelings about this.

I have no issues with how it looks graphically. I think it looks pretty good and it will only get better as time goes on. (In fact, I think it's kind of silly that people are calling it ugly, but opinions and tastes and all that stuff.) And it does look like it will be fun, but..

The lack of assists still bothers me. Assist gameplay is THE defining thing about MvC games, imo. And to see it completely gone is just...jarring. As others have said already, it looks way more like a TvC2 than a Marvel game. I have no doubt it will be a blast to play, but it just isn't what I was expecting (or wanting) out of a new Marvel.

That all being said, while rewatching the trailer again it hit me that all four characters were basically playing the exact same way. All short range rush down combos ending in a super. You don't really get to see any different sort of play styles, and I think seeing those from other characters as time goes on will give a much better idea of what this game will be like.

- Game Informer interview sounds like X-Men and F4 aren't off limits? I'm sure they'll be DLC if they're not there Day 1.
- No assist characters means we don't have to worry about characters like Arthur or Haggar from the last game being demoted and staying that way through the game's lifespan.
- I know for a fact Spencer is in the game, which I think bodes well for other obscure Capcom characters.

I don't think this game is going to disappoint anyone as long as we keep an open mind.
Ewww, Spencer was the obscure character? Gross. He woulda been my first cut.

What do you know about the Resident Evil characters?

Skilletor

You understand me.

Dude, I'm so happy right now. I had a bunch of old friends over last night to watch Capcup. Friends I've been playing games with since CotA. We were all so happy after seeing the trailer.

I'm still happy. Can't wait!

And a PC version? Fuck. Yes.

I really want to play this game on the Nintendo Switch. I've been watching lots of big Marvel movies recently and been playing some of Capcom's IPs I have not played and really interested in trying this out. Plus, the SF5 meta I watched yesterday got me really interested to try more competitive fighters, I want this to be my first.

Spinky

The green woman in GotG that I forgot the name has a high chance imo.
Gamora.

Would main.

gamora-comic.jpg

Coda

That all being said, while rewatching the trailer again it hit me that all four characters were basically playing the exact same way. All short range rush down combos ending in a super. You don't really get to see any different sort of play styles, and I think seeing those from other characters as time goes on will give a much better idea of what this game will be like.

The problem was that it was all choreographed gameplay, I'd love to see an actual match with the HUD and everything before I start really dissecting it.

Top Bottom