• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I don't think we'll see both Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel, if this is 2v2 the roster will probably see a smaller roster then even vanilla mvc3 amd they'll probably try to fufill a variety in that number.

Considering how she has a different power set from Carol, is an Inhuman, and beloved by many, I'd be shocked if we didn't get her.

Kouichi

One thing I hope they take from SFxT is the dual battle mode where four players each take control of one character. That would really liven up the multiplayer.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
I'm sure this was posted at some point, but I think it's worth bringing up again for people like me who don't want to wade through the last 20 or so pages.

It seems like content from the X-Men WILL in fact be included in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

When I asked them about the rumor that the game’s roster would not include as many (or any) characters from the X-Men or Fantastic Four series due film rights issues (the current film series for those franchises are owned by Fox and not Marvel Studios) and would instead favor characters already in the Marvel cinematic universe, Creative Director of Marvel Entertainment Bill Rosemann didn’t tense up the way PR folks tend to when you ask them a difficult question. While Marvel wants to take a forward-thinking stance with the characters they include in the game, he wants to make sure fans of all of Marvel properties, including X-Men, are happy. “That heritage is not lost,” he told me.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/m...are-made-more-chaotic-by-infinity-stones.aspx

My guess is that Wolverine at the very least will be kept to 'represent' the X-Men brand. Although I could see maybe 1 or 2 more making it. Some combination of Deadpool, Magneto and Gambit would be the next in line IMHO.

How many hours left till we get the 2 new character announcements?

t1480901400z4.png
From the gameplay trailer thread ;)

If Wolverine and such are in, I'd imagine they're probably just gonna be shoved into the corner of the CSS where Marvel hopes that no one notices them lol.

It would be really shitty to take Deadpool out after becoming more popular than ever thanks to the movie, Fox or not.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
It'll be interesting what the release date of this game ends up being. If it's around Fall 2017 or later I'm assuming a 4K Scorpio version is almost guaranteed, would no doubt look significantly better.

Edit: If I had to guess I think Wolverine, Deadpool and Doom will be in..beyond that who knows, at this point I highly doubt we will get Mags/Storm/Sent but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
If Wolverine and such are in, I'd imagine they're probably just gonna be shoved into the corner of the CSS where Marvel hopes that no one notices them lol.

It would be really shitty to take Deadpool out after becoming more popular than ever thanks to the movie, Fox or not.

Yes, I did expect even prior to the reveal of Captain Marvel that Marvel would hardly promote Wolverine as the face of the game again. I just think he'll get a lowkey reveal like any other character would.

While I'm not quite sure what to believe regarding the status of the X-Men and Dr. Doom, I would say that people were a bit hasty to say that the new trailer confirmed they weren't in, since it clear they wanted to have one veteran and one newcomer for each side, and Iron Man, like it or not, is more popular than Wolverine at this point. Plus Iron Man works as a good counterpart to X. If anything, I'd question making Carol the counterpart to Ryu, but who knows sometimes why they pick who fights who in these trailers. Ryu was fighting Nova in UMvC3's opening cinematic, so I guess he's already gotten experience.

If there are two more characters revealed today though, I doubt they'll shed light on the whole Mutant thing, since its probably just going to be Captain America.

While I'm not quite sure what to believe regarding the status of the X-Men and Dr. Doom, I would say that people were a bit hasty to say that the new trailer confirmed they weren't in, since it clear they wanted to have one veteran and one newcomer for each side, and Iron Man, like it or not, is more popular than Wolverine at this point. Plus Iron Man works as a good counterpart to X. If anything, I'd question making Carol the counterpart to Ryu, but who knows sometimes why they pick who fights who in these trailers. Ryu was fighting Nova in UMvC3's opening cinematic, so I guess he's already gotten experience.

If there are two more characters revealed today though, I doubt they'll shed light on the whole Mutant thing, since its probably just going to be Captain America.

I thought the Fox ban was real when the trailer was revealed, because of the rumors. The 2v2, MCU focus and the Infinity gems led me to believe there was going to be no X-Men/FF character, so I'm glad they have stated otherwise, even if the number of reps is lower.

Pachimari

I need Leon Kennedy, Dante, Frank West, Ameterasu and Phoenix Wright in this. I wonder how high their chances are of making it in.

I need Leon Kennedy, Dante, Frank West, Ameterasu and Phoenix Wright in this. I wonder how high their chances are of making it in.

I really hope Leon is not included, I don't hate the character but he's being on 4, 6, Degeneration, Damnation and now Vendetta. Give him a rest please, though I really don't know for RE reps; Wesker and Jill have the most chance to return IMO, while Leon, Claire or someone from 7 could appear as a new rep.

Dante and Phoenix Wright are almost guaranteed I would say. Don't know about Frank and Amaterasu.

Blueblur1

I'm sure the X-Men characters will be in because they'll desperately want the FGC to like the game after the 2v2 change and assist removal.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm sure this was posted at some point, but I think it's worth bringing up again for people like me who don't want to wade through the last 20 or so pages.

It seems like content from the X-Men WILL in fact be included in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

When I asked them about the rumor that the game’s roster would not include as many (or any) characters from the X-Men or Fantastic Four series due film rights issues (the current film series for those franchises are owned by Fox and not Marvel Studios) and would instead favor characters already in the Marvel cinematic universe, Creative Director of Marvel Entertainment Bill Rosemann didn’t tense up the way PR folks tend to when you ask them a difficult question. While Marvel wants to take a forward-thinking stance with the characters they include in the game, he wants to make sure fans of all of Marvel properties, including X-Men, are happy. “That heritage is not lost,” he told me.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/m...are-made-more-chaotic-by-infinity-stones.aspx

My guess is that Wolverine at the very least will be kept to 'represent' the X-Men brand. Although I could see maybe 1 or 2 more making it. Some combination of Deadpool, Magneto and Gambit would be the next in line IMHO.

I'd guess Wolverine and Deadpool then.

I'm sure the X-Men characters will be in because they'll desperately want the FGC to like the game after the 2v2 change and assist removal.

They would want to avoid some backslash at the possibility of no X-Men at all. Wolverine and Deadpool are the most likely to return.

Those are younger versions, right?

No, they're different people.

Eh, you're both right. Superboy was originally just a younger version of Superman (literally Kal-El but during his youth), but they're legally not allowed to do that anymore, so Superboy is a completely different character nowadays.

And there's been at least one case of Kid Flash inheriting the main Flash mantle.

Ryce

Which crossover stages would you guys like to see? I have some ideas.
  • A.I.M. laboratory with Resident Evil creatures
  • Suzaku Castle overrun with Hand ninja
  • Savage Land with Monster Hunter monsters
  • Ace Attorney courtroom with She-Hulk and Matt Murdock (different characters if they’re being played)
  • A trippy Doctor Strange stage with Darkstalkers elements
  • S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier with Servbots on deck and Mega Man Legends airships flying by in the background

Which crossover stages would you guys like to see? I have some ideas.
  • A.I.M. laboratory with Resident Evil creatures
  • Suzaku Castle overrun with Hand ninja
  • Savage Land with Monster Hunter monsters
  • Ace Attorney courtroom with She-Hulk and Matt Murdock (different characters if they’re being played)
  • A trippy Doctor Strange stage with Darkstalkers elements
  • S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier with Servbots on deck and Mega Man Legends airships flying by in the background

A Dino Crisis stage with Devil Dinosaur in the background, of course.

DMNBT

Neo Member
I just want Captain America's theme to not be a fully new composition, I'm too attached to the classis one.

Josh5890

I'm betting on a Switch version being announced next month. If not I will have to settle for the PC version since I don't have a PS+ subscription anymore.

Mupod

So Eric Loomis is reprising his role as Iron Man?

Then there's hope for the return of the best Rocket Raccoon.

well, in Marvel Heroes they went with Nolan North (lol) for the movie costume of RR, which had a voice closer to how he sounds in the movie. I'd say they might go with North if they put in 'Movie Rocket' vs comics rocket.

Granted Marvel Heroes had him voiced by Steve Blum originally. Along with a lot of the rest of its roster. If you think just having him as both Taskmaster and Wolverine got confusing...

Neoxon

So Eric Loomis is reprising his role as Iron Man?

Then there's hope for the return of the best Rocket Raccoon.
Sadly, I can see them forcing a change for Rocket to line up with the MCU.

It's a good sign, yes. But it's not exactly conformation, either.

SpaceWolf

Banned

Wolverine and Magneto are going to be seen standing in the background of a DLC Stage confirmed.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
sure the game is in a pretty early state, but I think captain marvel is a pretty good indication of how the game will turn out, she looks fantastic.
3v5w8ng.gif

Top Bottom