• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

I don't think it's too odd that they're focusing on the obvious characters first.

The more surprising ones are likely to get more attention later, whereas the game just existing gets attention now.
Yeah, early rosters are always the mainstays with some rookies sprinkled in

Unless you guys would rather see Morrigan being revealed 6 months from now at some event, now that sounds fun.

JazzmanZ

Captain America and Morrigan

wyhrVCI.png
Like...they were going to be revealed at some point, better now then later

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That Morrigan stuff wont work without Assists tho. Unless with like a infinity gem she shoots them out super fast or something.

AESplusF

Happy to see Morrigan, I want to see a lot of Darkstalkers characters this time around, B.B. Hood especially she was so much fun to play in MvC2

Yeah, early rosters are always the mainstays with some rookies sprinkled in

Unless you guys would rather see Morrigan being revealed 6 months from now at some event, now that sounds fun.

Could you imagine the blowup on that.

"New character reveal coming at CPT!", and then people get all hyped up for days/weeks, then they reveal her.

"FUCK YOU CAPCOM"
"CAPCOM SHIT"
"EAT MY ASS CAPCOM ILL FUCK YOU"

Skab

No seriously im not seeing anyone mention it on twitter, and i didnt see it on my tv.

ARE YOU GUYS FROM THE FUTURE?

Wait, so when you guys say theres no assist in the game do you mean shit like i cant call spidey to do a web ball while continuing to play as iron man or assists as in a 3rd slot for a npc to do x move?

Ryce

Cap's look seems to be inspired by the movies, but it's not directly taken from any of them. It's like a mix between classic Cap and MCU Cap.

phRopLo.jpg

Wait, so when you guys say theres no assist in the game do you mean shit like i cant call spidey to do a web ball while continuing to play as iron man or assists as in a 3rd slot for a npc to do x move?

it's only 2v2... you could tag in Spidey in the middle of your combo to extend it... but there are no longer predetermined "assists"

SRK
1. Megaman X 116 votes
2. Gene 109 votes
3. Sigma 79 votes
4. Captain Commando 71 votes
5. Jin Saotome 63 votes
6. M. Bison (Dictator) 47 votes
7. Asura 34 votes
8. Jedah 33 votes
9. Juri 31 votes
10. Megaman 27 votes
11. Ryu (Breath of Fire) 25 votes