• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Lulubop

It is worrisome that the Cinematic looked much worse than mvc3s. Gut telling me it's gonna be some rising thunder type f2p game

Hopefully infinite implies it'll be supported for awhile.

Dahbomb

2v2 confirmed and UE4.

At least they are promising lots of single player and multiplayer modes.

Also no mentions of ASSISTS in that press release... now I am worried!

Kouichi

Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.

Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.

Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.

They've learned from SFV!

MSH gems weren't bad so hopefully they'll look to that for inspiration.

Of course, the best scenario is if it's toggle off.

Negaduck

So I'm traveling out of town and right when the trailer started (I saw a still of X and Ryu), the section we went through lost all connection and I didn't get to see it live :(

When I got vanilla marvel I heard "CAPCOM PRESENTS! MARVEL COMCAST. . . " and my X box red ringed.

I have forsaken the Mahvel gods

I guess one of the older Vs. games did that, but I'd guess you select your gem in this version to be more strategic.
Could be.

If the trailer is anything to go by, it seems that they are fought over. But perhaps you can choose it in advance like picking Ultra 1/2 in SF4 or anti-air/projectile/expansion types in MvC2, becoming available once you've maxed your charge meter or something. Either would be interesting, though I think having something literally on the stage somewhere worth fighting over could be more compelling.

tbh I'm still laughing at them revealing the game and the first guy that shows up is Mega Man

Just to put that salt to bed forever

cordy

Banned
Didn't know X was so beloved lol.

Dawg, X been wanted since MvC2 and even before 3 was announced he was always in the top ranking of polls. When 3 was announced he was always at the top winning a large amount of them, same for Ultimate. It just got worse whenever he wasn't announced.

Capcom wants people to play their games.
They knew they had to redeem themselves.
They knew putting X in first would be a "fuck yeah we're back in this bitch you know it's us at the C-A-P-C-O-M."
Capcom knew if they put X in the game it would stop the "where's X?" stuff, it's like Reigns being pushed over all these other stars.

They did the damn thing I'm so happy for them. I'm happy for us.

Imagine all X can do? He's got so many damn moves yall lmao. I'm HYPED!!!

kirblar

Annnnnd I'm worried.

2v2 doesn't bother me. Nice change of pace.

Infinity stones an "accessible battles".....ehhhhh... they're walking a fine line here. Although they billed MvC3 as accessible and look how that turned out.

If they can actually find the line between accessible and good gameplay, then great, but that's not easy. Especially with this series and it's combo focus.
This is deliberately Marvel Super Heroes 2. For better or for worse.

Single player content confirmed right off the bat. Maybe Capcom CAN learn.
doubt it

I mean, most of that either is in now, or will be coming to SFV. It's just that Capcom wised up & put it all in at launch.

There is an arcade mode coming to SFV? I haven't been following for a while. Psyched if that's the case.

I hate you all

KuGsj.gif

*blows kiss*

It is kind of worrying that it might be a slower paced and less skillful game. Especially if assists are out.

But 3v3 isn't necessarily needed. 2v2 with assists can still work well. If you get 2 playable characters and 2 assists..

Top Bottom