• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

amtrack

Neo Member
the only thing worrying me about this all is the whole "accessible combat" thing

really hope theres depth and room in this game at a high level

Skab

Because this isn't astrophysics.

People are saying it's apparently 2v2 because...we saw 2v2 in the trailer.

People are saying it has some sort of gem mechanic because...we see Infinity stones literally being fought over among and used by the characters.

People are saying MegaMan X, Ryu, Captain Marvel and Iron Man are in it because...we see them in the trailer.

People are saying it's on PC, PS4, and XOne because again...it's right there in the video.

All seems reasonable to me. Do you feel otherwise?

People are saying this because the blog post announced/confirmed it.

Wolverine-deaths-Header.jpg

MSH2 feat Capcom

Goood goooood. I hope Marvel is more in charge than ever, preventing Cacpcom from including any wackiness or mischief such as excluding Megaman for the upteenth time or other non-brand syncronous activities. I want the most by the books predictable thing ever

Raynes

Good, if there was one victory I got from this whole mess (abandoning mutants), it's that they're ditching that ugly cheap ass american comic book art style.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hmm. Yeah, that teaser was kinda... ok. FORTUNATELY FOR US, X IS HERE! No X-Men, but we get X... I can dig the trade, personally. I like the way Carol looks better in Marvel Future Fight, lol. Cool to see her there, though.

A MvC that taps into the pre-MVC2 games sounds... pretty refreshing to me, really. It's not like the stupid stuff Xmen characters do can't be mirrored by 100s of other characters between both universes.

Now give me an SNK character or 2 to make this the stealth test for CVS3, and I'd be really happy.

Oh, and glad to see the game coming to XB1 too. I've played more fighters on PS4 lately, but I still like the featureset of my XB1 more. If it's good enough, wouldn't mind having it on both... *shrug*

And now... Windjammers! Ok. This is an interesting conference.

Seyavesh

infinity stones are custom x-factor, most likely

look at the trailer and how they function

colored auras + fits with design progression

TreIII

So, it's now sinking in fully...your choice of Infinity Gem power-ups, instead of assists?

I'm okay with this. Especially if we still get the aspect of how each character uses each Gem quite differently, like in MSH. Imagine if X's various Gem power-ups equipped him (temporarily) with a different armor from one of his games?

Power = Gaea from X5
Reality = Broken-ass Ultimate Armor from X4-X6

etc., etc...

vg260

He's mentioned in the PS Blog.

but that could have been a mistake, and meant to say Captain Marvel

PS Blog:
Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain America from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.

Capcom Blog:
• Iconic Heroes: Select from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from the Marvel and Capcom Universes, including Captain Marvel and Iron Man from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.

JeTmAn81

I'm pretty deflated by the lack of some of the best Marvel characters (assuming Fox characters are out) and the change to 2v2 and presumably greatly reduced or nonexistent assist usage. The unique 3v3 with assists fighting system and the wealth of awesome characters were the things that really made me fall in love with Marvel 3. Time will tell if this new game really grabs me. As things stand it's starting off on much weaker footing.

Azure J

Dawg, X been wanted since MvC2 and even before 3 was announced he was always in the top ranking of polls. When 3 was announced he was always at the top winning a large amount of them, same for Ultimate. It just got worse whenever he wasn't announced.

Capcom wants people to play their games.
They knew they had to redeem themselves.
They knew putting X in first would be a "fuck yeah we're back in this bitch you know it's us at the C-A-P-C-O-M."
Capcom knew if they put X in the game it would stop the "where's X?" stuff, it's like Reigns being pushed over all these other stars.

They did the damn thing I'm so happy for them. I'm happy for us.

Imagine all X can do? He's got so many damn moves yall lmao. I'm HYPED!!!

Reading this post, I'm so hype. Even if X/Dante/Strider can't happen, I'm so ready.

MADGAME

From Capcom Unity:

Infinite Power: Choose one of the six powerful Infinity Stones from the Marvel Universe to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone will customize characters with unique abilities and powerful game-changing effects that can quickly turn the tide of battle.

Eh, I think it could be good if implemented right.

Negaduck

Okay so the Infinity Stones will function something like

wm1mFxX.jpg

This pleases me.

Almost sounds closer to the moon system in the latest melty?

Different stones buff characters in different ways?

I wonder if it could be something like, reality iron man is great lock down and should be point but space iron man is more defensive and makes a great anchor

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The latest information is available in OP, y'all, I'm updating it literally every other minute and it's a good place to get caught up since info is coming in fast

Also UMvC3 Port coming to X1 and Steam March 2017.

At first I was kinda worried about gems but then I remembered that even a shitty mechanic like TAC didn't ruin Marvel.

2v2 might be a nice change of pace. I'm open to it.

Honestly I'm just excited this game is happening at all after all the doom and gloom when Disney bought Marvel.

The latest information is available in OP, y'all, I'm updating it literally every other minute and it's a good place to get caught up since info is coming in fast

Holy fuck really? Maybe it has abalance patch...

Just read this. Oh man, Marvel finally on PC!

PSqueak

Banned
Y'all, im seriously baffled by the amount of people whothink the gems will work any other way other than how they worked in Marvel Super Heroes, we literally saw in that trailer being used just like in the game.

Weiss

Banned
I'm hoping there's not a 6 button system. I prefer MvC being its own thing.

Infinity Stones as variants is cool, and I'm hoping that assists will do the MvC1 thing when they use NPCs.

Top Bottom