• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
tbh I'm still laughing at them revealing the game and the first guy that shows up is Mega Man

Just to put that salt to bed forever

You knew the shit wave that would come if they didn't. Didn't want fans flooding the forums requesting X like they did with MvC3. :lol

molnizzle

Extended trailer coming tomorrow.

From PS Blog:

Tune in to ESPN on Sunday, December 4 during the Capcom Cup 2016 broadcast to see an extended trailer from Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. We’ll have more information to share soon, so be sure to follow us on Twitter and YouTube for all things Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.

Game releasing "late 2017" on PS4, Xbone and Steam. Hoping for FULL CROSSPLAY!

Durden77

I mean I love me some MSH. That game at CiCi's Pizza is literally the reason I started my long love for fighting games. But I'm older now, and cautiously optimistic about this.

If we are going back to MSH gameplay, and it's true that the MCU actors are doing voices, I really hope to hear RDJ yelling HERE'S MY SUNDAY'S BEST before the Proton Cannon super.

kirblar

It is kind of worrying that it might be a slower paced and less skillful game. Especially if assists are out.

But 3v3 isn't necessarily needed. 2v2 with assists can still work well. If you get 2 playable characters and 2 assists..
Yeah, 2 assists would fix a lot of issues with the change.

I guess infinity stones could work like assits.

Anyway 3v3 and marvel 2 paradigm has had two games. The marvel series has always changed things up between games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ooh, Super Saiyan Carol.

Tapping into her Binary powers

8cca13da785c9a1941e43c4a92f90ffd.jpg

MrCarter

That trailer was so "free-to-play mobile". It looked like ass compared to MVC3 intros. Hopefully they don't disappoint with the gameplay at CapCup.

Why are so many people making assumptions when we haven't even seen actual gameplay yet?

Because this isn't astrophysics.

People are saying it's apparently 2v2 because...we saw 2v2 in the trailer.

People are saying it has some sort of gem mechanic because...we see Infinity stones literally being fought over among and used by the characters.

People are saying MegaMan X, Ryu, Captain Marvel and Iron Man are in it because...we see them in the trailer.

People are saying it's on PC, PS4, and XOne because again...it's right there in the video.

All seems reasonable to me. Do you feel otherwise?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

People are saying it has some sort of gem mechanic because...we see Infinity stones literally being fought over among and used by the characters.

People are saying MegaMan X, Ryu, Captain Marvel and Iron Man are in it because...we see them in the trailer.

People are saying it's on PC, PS4, and XOne because again...it's right there in the video.

All of these things by the way are pretty explicitly confirmed in the PS Blog post BTW.

Dahbomb

There's no mention of assists in that blog.

That is worrisome. I do think we would have at least one assist though (as in your back up character will come out as an assist).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ewww at Carol, at least she doesn't have her dumb haircut I guess.

Holy shit at Gems being back, that's gonna be fun.

That haircut is hawt. Don't know why ppl hate it.

Lulubop

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...ps4-in-2017-2v2-battles-infinity-stones-more/

confirms all this mang

manakel

-Commenting about the graphics when all we've seen is a cinematic trailer.
-We know absolutely nothing about the gems, so, I don't know, maybe wait for gameplay or more information?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why are so many people making assumptions when we haven't even seen actual gameplay yet?

The trailer is definitely a step down from the last game's reveal, which might be the canary in the coalmine in regards to the budget. I don't think anyone is writing it off but it's a bit worrying. Plus 2v2 might also signal a much smaller roster.

V-Faction

Okay, after watching the old trailers... only NOW do I feel bad about no Doom, Wolvie, or Mags.

goddamn, they were so badass.

They brought back the MSH gems mechanic, amazing.

2v2 sounds great. Less chaos, more focus on h2h matchups like Xmen vs SF.

Top Bottom