• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

That Capcom NDA not working well for them here. It's so imperative that lips be kept shut, and every time I see leaks on Neogaf, I feel bad for the development team who lose money on a hypeless audience.

Can you imagine the blowback if people believed Capcom's bullshit up until release? LOL

Those leaks are minimizing that damage. It's not responsible for them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How early did Champ get access to the game?

those early copies the pros were playing were 1 week early, but everyone knows Champ and a few others (LiJoe, Justin, etc) had been playing the game throughout development at various events and shit

Neonep

That Capcom NDA not working well for them here. It’s so imperative that lips be kept shut, and every time I see leaks on Neogaf, I feel bad for the development team who lose money on a hypeless audience.

If the leaks were actually anything good then the game would be just fine. Mario Rabbids had some leaks and look at how well that did.

MrMephistoX

we already got donte in the game though.

Yeah honestly I want them to go batshit crazy with new characters in the DLC considering how safe the Roster is currently: an Xmen pack excluded but only because I want Sentinel back. Can you imagine the salt if Seasons 2 and 3 are basically just returnees from UMvC3? Vergil would be cool though.

Champ has clearly had the game available to him for a long time. If you watched his early streams, characters he was "testing out" flowed like he knew what to do already.

JayEH

Yeah honestly I want them to go batshit crazy with new characters in the DLC considering how safe the Roster is currently: an Xmen pack excluded but only because I want Sentinel back. Can you imagine the salt if Seasons 2 and 3 are basically just returnees from UMvC3? Vergil would be cool though.

As much as I like Vergil I don't want any characters from 3 if this game only has a little bit of life left.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Champ has clearly had the game available to him for a long time. If you watched his early streams, characters he was "testing out" flowed like he knew what to do already.

Richard Nguyen has the game since Tuesday as far as we know and look at his team?

DR2K

Banned
those early copies the pros were playing were 1 week early, but everyone knows Champ and a few others (LiJoe, Justin, etc) had been playing the game throughout development at various events and shit

Yeah, he shouldn’t have been allowed to compete.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
No way, UMVC3 had enough DMC reps for a lifetime.

Well, I would like to see Lady in action tho. I saw her moveset and I see quite a lot of potential with her.

Hey guys, would you all be opposed to more Final Fight representation?

Cody?
Guy?
Damnd?
Edi E?
J?
Bill Bull?

Final Fight is literally one of my favorite beat'em up game and I think we have enough with Haggar. If anything, I would be open to something crazy.

Nyoro SF

It's a poorly kept secret especially in Socal/Norcal that pro players get to beta test Capcom fighters (and probably other fighters) prior to release. Been like this since SF4's release.

shaowebb

Took Dormammu into the lab and his auto spell chargin is just disgusting. Yeah Champ was close to the game and in more ways than just playing it. HIs character went from amazing to disgustingly OD. My God how did they let Dorm get so buff.

Do any lk special get a creation power charge.
Do any lp special get a destructor power charge.
Do ANY kick DP get a creation charge and if its on last charge detonate lvl 3 spell.
Do ANY punch DP get a destructor charge and if its on last charge detonate lvl 3 spell.

The character is made so that he NEVER has to run away and setup obstacles in order to directly charge spells manually. Someone likely argued that without assists the character would have too hard a time getting charges but thats obviously not true given Dorm's mobility with them dashes, flight, teleports and fantastic screen control. You can setup so much shit including flame carpets they can wallbounce onto that hit multiple times to allow you to easily extend.

And those vines man...geez.

This character is top tier as fuck. Fast, huge hitboxes, easy combos, and just plain ridiculous damage (especially considering how powerful his supers are and that you cant run from the orb and that he has the easiest grab super there is.)

All this before stones too. Crazy man. Just crazy. Im gonna need armor to face this guy.

Oh ok so I wasn't seeing things when I saw people tag while being comboed.

The screen flashes with inverted colors and pauses temporarily when someone does it, just as a heads up.

For those that were discouraged by the Beginner League in the first day or two it seems like most of the people that clearly don't belong there have left it so you should probably have better luck finding more appropriate matches. Also despite the PC community being barely over 1000 I've been finding matches almost instantly lol. The players might be small but they definitely seem active.

jett

D-Member
Finally the 55GB download has finished.

Playing Mahvel for the first time, feeling like

Q0qSERC.png

I haven't touched a Marvel game since Marvel 2 on the Dreamcast as a total casual gamer. I've really only spectated Marvel 3. This feels feels extremely weird coming from Street Fighter. I can only see a future of me getting creamed online every single time. Are there any characters in this thing that can be considered newb-friendly? Anyone that insists this game is friendly to casual gamers is a nutjob.

On PC this game looks pretty good to me, the characters look like action figures, it's kinda neat. I must be crazy I guess. :p

I'll try to fiddle with the setting to disable CA and whatnot later. But at gaming distance (I play on a TV), I don't really notice it. And thankfully I got no technical issues on PC.

Dahbomb

Gamora, Nemesis and Ghost Rider are pretty easy.

Most other characters are fairly hard if you don't understand zoning in MVC games, air dashers or just weird character mechanics in general.

MechaX

about a week

Eh... I would bet dollars to donuts that Champ was definitely involved in some pretty extensive testing in the game. Either he was playing weeks earlier than he let on (even outside of random exhibition stuff), or someone like Combofiend was feeding him some dirty tech.

Dahbomb

FChamp and Justin Wong 100% had behind closed doors, access to the game for testing purposes.

They are so ahead of everyone else even people who got the game early. Like I know these dudes are godlike and all but Champ especially is not one to just pick up a game fast and start bodying everyone, he takes time.

Renekton

Autocombos are pretty insulting to even people at the lowest skill levels, I feel. Even as a kid I'd be like, there's gotta be more to this, why am I wasting my time on this shit that does the same thin gover and over again.

MvC3s basic mode had it right. It doesn't need to be dumbed down any further. I'm not even sure if we need noob modes so much as we need more ways to play.
Hey man this is elitism.

jett

D-Member
FChamp and Justin Wong 100% had behind closed doors, access to the game for testing purposes.

They are so ahead of everyone else even people who got the game early. Like I know these dudes are godlike and all but Champ especially is not one to just pick up a game fast and start bodying everyone, he takes time.

I think there's little doubt a lot of the elite players were enlisted to test the game. Who else is gonna test this shit.

patchday

Autocombos are pretty insulting to even people at the lowest skill levels, I feel. Even as a kid I'd be like, there's gotta be more to this, why am I wasting my time on this shit that does the same thin gover and over again.

MvC3s basic mode had it right. It doesn't need to be dumbed down any further. I'm not even sure if we need noob modes so much as we need more ways to play.

Funny BlzBlue & GG Xrd both have Stylish mode and people accept them. But MvCI adds a Stylish equivalent and all of a sudden casuals are insulted?

Jawmuncher

I straight up feel that more fighting games should use the fucking right analog stick like BB does. Throw some input specials on that bad boy for newbies.

Durden77

Finally the 55GB download has finished.

Playing Mahvel for the first time, feeling like

I haven't touched a Marvel game since Marvel 2 on the Dreamcast as a total casual gamer. I've really only spectated Marvel 3. This feels feels extremely weird coming from Street Fighter. I can only see a future of me getting creamed online every single time. Are there any characters in this thing that can be considered newb-friendly? Anyone that insists this game is friendly to casual gamers is a nutjob.

On PC this game looks pretty good to me, the characters look like action figures, it's kinda neat. I must be crazy I guess. :p

I'll try to fiddle with the setting to disable CA and whatnot later. But at gaming distance (I play on a TV), I don't really notice it. And thankfully I got no technical issues on PC.

Welcome back to Marvel! Get ready to want to simultaneously backhand it and make love to it.

A few things I would recommend...

-Don't be afraid to use the auto combo for a while. It jumps you into having some fun rather than just making you flail your limbs. If you do use them, pay attention to how your character's moves flow as you do. It can help you accustomed to the rythym of the magic series. But you will want to move on from them sooner than later.

-Play the story/some arcade runs. The story is cheesy and hell and generally bad, but it's also kind of awesome. Hard to explain, but it's enjoyable. It and arcade runs will also get you into the rythym of matches a bit and help you learn more about characters.

-Do some low level missions. Most of the low level missions will just be basic special moves and basic magic series combos. Good ways to ease yourself into systems.

-Take Ryu into the training mode. Practice hitting LP,LK,LP,HP,c.HP (launch and then follow them into the air) and do those commands again. Pretty much everything branches off from that.

-Use the tag system, ALOT. Start off by tagging into your 2nd character after that basic air combo I listed above and do the combo again with the 2nd character to extend it. Just like the magic series, use that as a base and go from there, and eventually you'll realize the possibilities that branch off of it.

- Beat the shit out of someone online in a way you probably didn't deserve and relish in it. Then lose in a way you probably didn't deserve and be salty about it. (Seriously though, don't be afraid to fuck with player matches and the beginner's leauge as you're learning. No better way to learn once you're in a match, but I recommend learning at least some fundamentals before going in)

-Scream "IT'S MAHVEL BABY" occasionally.

And you'll be good!

MechaX

Funny BlzBlue & GG Xrd both have Stylish mode and people accept them. But MvCI adds a Stylish equivalent and all of a sudden casuals are insulted?

I wouldn't say that Stylish in either are accepted.

What was accepted was auto combos in Persona 4 Arena, but letting those auto combos rock often had penalties of severely reduced damage and burning a lot of meter.

What games have HUD's that people like looking at? I like Revelator's HUD.

I think the HUD in MVCI is just...whatever. I don't like it, but I don't really care enough to focus on it.

Personally, other than the portraits I think the in game hud is fine. It's easy to read and very clean.

Everything else around it sucks, though. The character select screen is worse than amateur level.

Pompadour

Personally, other than the portraits I think the in game hud is fine. It's easy to read and very clean.

Everything else around it sucks, though. The character select screen is worse than amateur level.

Yeah, the HUD looks perfectly fine in this except the shitty character portraits. It reminds me a lot of UMvC3's HUD which, at the time, a lot of people thought was a step down from MvC3's HUD.

The game's UI is only really shitty in the menus.

AlexIIDX

I'm messing around with Dr. Strange, I thought I saw someone moving the Eye of Agamotto around. Was I seeing things? If not how do u do it?

patchday

]I wouldn't say that Stylish in either are accepted.[/B]

What was accepted was auto combos in Persona 4 Arena, but letting those auto combos rock often had penalties of severely reduced damage and burning a lot of meter.

I'll just leave this link here then. Granted in GG you take increased dmg with Stylish mode so there is a trade off. But the community is pretty much like whatevs. Granted this is reddit GG community which is small knit

Renekton

Oh man Chris Redfield is just not working out.

When I drop a mine and nade, the opponent simply special/super tags and timestones over. Even had someone advancing block my submachine gun shot back to me halfway WTF.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
At least the music during the CSS is really hype.

The online works really well and the gameplays better than its ever been. I'll stick with it for that reason.

I just hope Capcom adds more QoL improvements and enhancements over time to touch up some stuff.

Top Bottom