• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

patchday

『Inaba Resident』;250027251 said:
Not sure who has good synergy with Chun.
I've been running Chun/Thanos since I love playing both but I feel like they don't really go well together.

I ran her with Gamora on point and ekked out a win other day against this super good gaffer.

(But I'm still pretty raw so I wouldn't listen too me much)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Man, whose bright idea was it to lock colours behind Arcade matches? :|

Do you realize that you could get it via online too?

You only need to do 10 matches in total for character to unlock both colors.

Lobby/Casual/Ranked/Beginner Lounge or Arcade Mode would counts toward to the colors. Local Matches (vs 2P or CPU) wouldn't counted tho (You don't have to beat Omega Ultron twice tho)

I think unlocking colors for characters in MVCI is pretty easy comparing to SFV's Survival.

FSLink

Banned
Just got the PC version. I felt bad for being back in Beginner League.

FAQDrlzl.jpg

Climbed out of it without a loss though.

Feel free to add me on Steam (FSLink) or PS4 (FSLink_) or Xbox One (FSLink)

patchday

Just got the PC version. I felt bad for being back in Beginner League.

FAQDrlzl.jpg

Climbed out of it without a loss though.

Feel free to add me on Steam (FSLink) or PS4 (FSLink_) or Xbox One (FSLink)

is that really your team? Man maybe I should ride the top tier train

Neoxon

Do you realize that you could get it via online too?

You only need to do 10 matches in total for character to unlock both colors.

Lobby/Casual/Ranked/Beginner Lounge or Arcade Mode would counts toward to the colors. Local Matches (vs 2P or CPU) wouldn't counted tho (You don't have to beat Omega Ultron twice tho)

I think unlocking colors for characters in MVCI is pretty easy comparing to SFV's Survival.
Agreed. If SFV's rumored Super/AE update allows us to earn colors through Arcade Mode, I'd welcome it with open arms.

RocBase

Seems like the norm for Capcom.

The DmC dev from Ninja Theory that spoke at length with gaffers in a thread said that the same thing happened during DmC development and all the bad PR that that game got.

Capcom pretty much ignored all the complaints and saw them as nothing, they thought the game would sell regardless.

do you or anyone else have a link to this thread?

Durden77

Another X player gone. RIP.

Just messing with you :p

:p I have some ideas with him, just not ready yet. I used multiple teams in 3 as well so I'll likely do the same here.

Go back. He takes some work, but X is hella fun once you get shit goin. I mean I haven't used him onlime yet, but I feel like I've got a great grip on him from the training I did yesterday.

Right now I'm doing X/Ghost Rider, but that may be too much support, so I've been working on Dante to replace GR.

FSLink

Banned
Go back. He takes some work, but X is hella fun once you get shit goin. I mean I haven't used him onlime yet, but I feel like I've got a great grip on him from the training I did yesterday.

Right now I'm doing X/Ghost Rider, but that may be too much support, so I've been working on Dante to replace GR.

I haven't dropped him, I just mean I'm experimenting with other characters since that's what I like to do. And yeah I'm actually thinking X/Dante or something similar will work well for him.

nded

On PC this game looks pretty good to me, the characters look like action figures, it's kinda neat. I must be crazy I guess. :p

I'll try to fiddle with the setting to disable CA and whatnot later. But at gaming distance (I play on a TV), I don't really notice it. And thankfully I got no technical issues on PC.

I prefer CA off. It just sort of blurs the image and distorts colors.

Been messing around with ReShade as well to bump up thecolors and contrast a bitt. For fun I tried to recreate something approaching the MvC3 comic book outlines, but it screws up the rest of the game too much.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House

Been messing around with ReShade as well to bump up thecolors and contrast a bitt. For fun I tried to recreate something approaching the MvC3 comic book outlines, but it screws up the rest of the game too much.

ReShade an engine tool? Curious if it's possible to apply it to character models only somehow.

Yo that Iron Man looks slick, I'm curious to see what else it messes with.

MoxManiac

I have to give the game credit in that the online wasn't broken at all on launch (PS4). It was smooth and functional on the first day.

How in the nine realms do I combo into haggar's air command grab? I set up a combo but seem to miss every time.
It's only gonna work off of Heavy Punch or Headbutt. I assume you're talking about the QCF+K move and not the HCB+P one as you can't combo into a command grab. The kick one is a "hit grab".

Perineum

Finally beat the D2 raid tonight, and with it means all my full time can go into Mahvel now.

Still experimenting with characters, combos, and gems.

The only thing I have confirmed to myself is Ultron is my main right now. If Black Panther or Winter Soldier were out I think I'd probably have my team set, but for now I'm having a hard time picking that other slot still.

Thanos seems the most likely.

Gem wise I am going to experiment with some time stone stuff tomorrow to see how much damage Thanos could potentially rack up in storm.

patchday

Ps4 mahvel anyone?

Did we ever get a google spreadsheet going for PC & PS4 players?

I vastly prefer lobbies to ranked. unlike Injustice (at least in Casual) you cant keep rematching folks unless you're in lobbies

my PSN is sandboxgod. Just include 'gaf' in the invite and I'll add you

So far I got Sinkfla, compbros, and Crackpebble. As far as I'm concerned they are all pro level (I even saw Compbros at CEO). would love to add more gafs for some friendly matches

How in the nine realms do I combo into haggar's air command grab? I set up a combo but seem to miss every time.

You have to cancel it off jumping HP. The qcf+HK has slower startup than the qcf+LK, but you can continue a combo off it. So qcf+HK needs to be done early in the combo because of hitstun deterioration while qcf+lk is the combo ender.

Astral

Now I remember why I stopped playing MvC3. Wtf is up with these instant air dash heavys? I'm actually supposed to be able to see these? I feel like a spectator in the DBZ anime.

Dahbomb

Now I remember why I stopped playing MvC3. Wtf is up with these instant air dash heavys? I'm actually supposed to be able to see these? I feel like a spectator in the DBZ anime.
Yea people block these all day. Even tri jump LKs which are faster.

Though what's tougher is instant box dash j.HP cross ups especially with Ultrons, that definitely is hard to block though with experience doable.

You just have to go into training mode and set the dummy to perform these manuevers and block them. You should be able to block them reflexively after a while. When you count the frames for a tri dash L, it's like 19-23 frames in this game (or at least it should be, seems easier to block than some of the tri dashes in Marvel 2 and 3) so it's like blocking an overhead although it's trickier because they can go tri dash into empty low.

Best way to deal with these is to be evasive and not to stay grounded. They lose all their power if you are airborne.

You might feel like a spectator now but soon you will start blocking these the more you see them. It's all about raising the power level.

jett

D-Member

I like the reshade you got going on there in the Valkanda picture. Subtle enough.

Astral

Yea people block these all day. Even tri jump LKs which are faster.

Though what's tougher is instant box dash j.HP cross ups especially with Ultrons, that definitely is hard to block though with experience doable.

You just have to go into training mode and set the dummy to perform these manuevers and block them. You should be able to block them reflexively after a while. When you count the frames for a tri dash L, it's like 19-23 frames in this game (or at least it should be, seems easier to block than some of the tri dashes in Marvel 2 and 3) so it's like blocking an overhead although it's trickier because they can go tri dash into empty low.

Best way to deal with these is to be evasive and not to stay grounded. They lose all their power if you are airborne.

You might feel like a spectator now but soon you will start blocking these the more you see them. It's all about raising the power level.

Jesus it's like they literally disappear. I blocked a few but Ultron and Chun Li specifically fucked me up. Especially Ultron's back and forth shit.

Sayad

Funny BlzBlue & GG Xrd both have Stylish mode and people accept them. But MvCI adds a Stylish equivalent and all of a sudden casuals are insulted?
Both BB and Xrd's stylish modes had backlashes, smaller community = smaller backlash = most people not hearing about them which leads to imaginary hot takes though, I guess!

Perineum

How do I do the Ultron air combo after a launcher? The one where he does a series of HPs.

I am not aware of the inputs I should be doing. Currently I can launch, go HP, air dash, HP, and then can't get more. I try to cancel into flight off the second HP, but it's never fast enough to get another HP after that.

Sayad

How do I do the Ultron air combo after a launcher? The one where he does a series of HPs.

I am not aware of the inputs I should be doing. Currently I can launch, go HP, air dash, HP, and then can't get more. I try to cancel into flight off the second HP, but it's never fast enough to get another HP after that.
You go HP, Flight, LP, HP, air dash, HP, air dash, HP,... You need to be in flight mode to get more than one air dash.

LP, LK, HP, 9-Dash, Lk, HP, LK Dive if you want something much easier and more consistent.

Dahbomb

After that HP, you do a Flight input (which is QCB+ two kicks), LP, HP, air dash HP (repeat with different directions).

People always seem to forget about the LP right after the flight. You are not fast enough to link a HP after a HP flight cancel but you can go into a LP.

I've never used them or fought against anyone using them in BB or GG but are the auto combo systems any good in those games? I've lost a few times to auto combo losing to a button masher sucks but losing to an auto combo by someone who wouldn't of beat you without one is shit. I'm awful at the game and out of practice but every time I lose or get caught in an auto combo I just get pissed off and stop playing.

btown

Wondering this too before I install it on PC tonight. The whole reason I got it on PC sans PS4 is because it just strained my eyes looking at that much CA in the demo. Game looked like a blurry mess.

We need a guide for this. I thought I knew how but I still got CA in my game. :p

I searched on the mahvel subreddit which just linked back to this thread, lol

Someone in the thread already mentioned it, but you need to go to steam/steamapps/common/Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite/MVCI/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor and in the Engine.ini file, add:

[SystemSettings]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0

The actual post-processing in game I left unchanged from High and the in-game anti-aliasing was bumped down to Medium.

patchday

so frustrating I lost to this one guy pretty bad so I click 'finish battle'. Then I got rematched against this guy again anyways I guess due to small pop on Casual

jett

D-Member
I searched on the mahvel subreddit which just linked back to this thread, lol

Turn down AA to mid in the in game settings too. Max just blurs everything too much.

Yass we did it. As a bonus turning AA down to mid allows my meager PC to run the game at 1440p.

1080p, all options at max, CA enabled
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/9vBRCHU.png[/IMG]
1440p downsampled to 1080p, AA at medium, CA disabled
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/mKeQMPp.png[/IMG]

MQxScGH.png

In all honesty it's turning AA down that makes the biggest difference, the application of CA in this game is relatively mild compared to other games I've seen.

Astral

Ok so now I'm fighting dudes who use Chun Li and fly 50 feet in the air with stupid Tenshokyaki or whatever and then tag when I can't see shit. I've learned to jump but it's annoying as shit. This game is giving me a headache.

Top Bottom