• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

JAXXX

Panther doesn't have a dash? Like ground dash?
q)
What kind of air dashes, double jumps and so on do the 3 new characters have? If any

a)
Sigma has a megaman air dash but very slow and short. Panther doesnt have a dash, but the wall cling might be cancelable from air attacks and movement. Ill check if he has a double jump. Monster hunter has none i believe.
I'll test tomorrow, i only played 2 games today

q)
Can you cancel panther's wall cling into normals to extend combos? I think I saw him do it in the trailers

a)
His qcb kick super is like maximum spider. He was clings, then the super begins and dashes forward. I didn't test his wall cling a lot. I'll try tomorrow

Ryce

Black Panther has a regular ground dash, obviously. He doesn't have one in the air -- it just looks like he does if he uses his Wall Cling special while airborne.

Perineum

No airdash on BP seems like an odd design decision, but whatever.

I want to really lab the fuck out of him so bad. That rekka into overhead is going to be sick to cancel into a tag to go quick low/high for the guess work.

I also dig the wall cling cancel options, and from what I saw you can tag at the right times as he comes off cling to either have the tag in show up behind or in front to create more mix up situations.

They did a good job with him.

Perineum

Can BP use space stone while clinging on the wall to suck someone in, then jump off?

It could cause even more confusion on which ender he picked.

Skittles

Same VA as Advol from Stardust Crusaders.
Good stuff. Dude's doing a damn good job here, the level 3 sound lines are ace
Same one used in Maverick Hunter X? All three voices were so good. Sucks that X's retired. New one's performance isn't too good.

Edit: nope.avi
Yeah, X's voice is way too weak sounding for someone whose supposed to be a leader

No airdash on BP is super surprising . Guess they want you to use his specials to move around

Skittles

I feel like soul/space stone will come out on top after the hype for reality wears off. Soul stone is THE comeback mechanic in this game, losing a character is just too brutal to not to use it

sinkfla87

Not going to lie, never liked the phrase OD. It makes far less sense than OP. "That shit is overdose!" On what? Overdose on what? On power? Who is overdosing on power? You? Then you should die from overdosing then, but you're okay. No seizure detected, in fact you are even winning!"

OP > OD

Grakl

Not going to lie, never liked the phrase OD. It makes far less sense than OP. "That shit is overdose!" On what? Overdose on what? On power? Who is overdosing on power? You? Then you should die from overdosing then, but you're okay. No seizure detected, in fact you are even winning!"

OP > OD
It doesn't literally mean overdose, and OP doesn't make sense if the person isn't saying overpowered. OP doesn't mean amazing or awesome, it straight up means overpowered.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
but when people use OP they ARE saying overpowered.

"X character is OP"

"X character is overpowered"

Grakl

"X character is OP"

If u responding to me u didn't read my post right, I clarified, OD doesn't mean strictly overdose and is used in different situations,don't compare them

Sigmaah

Guys, LMFAO!!!

OD is essentially ridiculous, nuts, really powerful etc.

No one means overdose when they say that shit is/was OD.

sinkfla87

"X character is OP"

Thank you!
When someone says, "That is overpowered" they're referring to a particular move/ability/etc.

When they say "SoAndSo is overpowered" they're obviously referring to that character.

It makes sense.
Saying something is overdose doesn't make sense.
If it actually doesn't mean overdose then what does it mean?

Yeah idk ppl being dense

Lol. So it doesn't mean overdose. Then what is the origin of the two letters "OD" being used in this context? I'm not being dense, I pointed out that those letters either don't have any inherent meaning or that they are meaningless and thus inferior to the classic "OP".

YOU'VE STEPPED INTO A WAR WITH THE CABAL ON MARS.

Grakl

Thank you!
When someone says, "That is overpowered" they're referring to a particular move/ability/etc.

When they say "SoAndSo is overpowered" they're obviously referring to that character.

It makes sense.
Saying something is overdose doesn't make sense.
If it actually doesn't mean overdose then what does it mean?
Ok y'all trolling lmao u got me

Top Bottom