• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

warp_

Banned
What makes you say that? He listed Jedah wheel and Space Storm when he uses Space and Jedah/Iron Man

Because Chris G is a scumbag who always manages to have an excuse or option select. Remember when "overheating monitors" caused him to lose sets? The dude took a 10 minute break at EVO to have a cry and then go into practice mode mid-set. Plus his regular collusion in tournaments, just awful.

And this is before even getting into his disrespect to suicide victims and blatant racism. He should have been drummed out of the FGC years ago. He's a watery eyed, whiny, racist piece of trash.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Hate it or love it, that's Sigma.

pG894Sh.jpg

Hate it, he looks like edgelord buzz lightyear

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Because Chris G is a scumbag who always manages to have an excuse or option select. Remember when "overheating monitors" caused him to lose sets? The dude took a 10 minute break at EVO to have a cry and then go into practice mode mid-set. Plus his regular collusion in tournaments, just awful.

And this is before even getting into his disrespect to suicide victims and blatant racism. He should have been drummed out of the FGC years ago. He's a watery eyed, whiny, racist piece of trash.

Yeah, Chris G is a whining dirtbag. If ChrisG complains about something I'm immediately inclined to believe the opposite.

I see.

It's good to see we're in a different era than Marvel 3 days where Chris would diss Evo and people would agree with him blindly.

wille9

I honestly didn't think he was going to win but he did, and boy was it a mop like he said it would be haha. I'm happy he won. Champ's cocky ass mouth needed to be shut. As an NRS player myself I got tired of hearing people shit talk Sonic and saying he have any skill at "real" fighting games. Fuck that shit. I really want to see Sonic vs. Justin now.
Rematches like these should be on pay-per-view!

JAXXX

Yeah it's ironic that he's the one calling for nerfs and calling things cheap. His UMVC3 team was one of the most oppressive teams in the game. I guess that was alright when all the advantages were stacked in his favor.
He complained about reality stone's projectile being cheap when he made his living off of hidden missile.
He's right about one thing, his character(morrigan) has been nerf to hell and that burns him up.

Dahbomb

There is a built in counter that exists to RR's traps by the way.

You can Time stone through them to trigger them and still escape them.

Someone like Champ needs to start using that because the Space storm is garbage against Rocket who can just lay down traps and sit in the cube.

Sayad

I see.

It's good to see we're in a different era than Marvel 3 days where Chris would diss Evo and people would agree with him blindly.
Wasn't Chris dissing EVO for using the PS3 version?! I don't think you can say people agreed with him "blindly" considering most of the community was switching to 360 at the time!

brian!

There is a built in counter that exists to RR's traps by the way.

You can Time stone through them to trigger them and still escape them.

Someone like Champ needs to start using that because the Space storm is garbage against Rocket who can just lay down traps and sit in the cube.

In terms of block pressure in the corner it's no go tho since youll get hit unless you find the exact timing, and even then youll get tagged on

brian!

Also some tag tech, havent seen it mentioned and bad tags continue to fuck me up:

If someone tags on you for the tag hit in general you dont have enough time to trade w/ a jab if you're mashing it out, however if you hold jab and tag together your jab will come out frame perfect for a trade and you combo off the hitstun with your incoming char

Also yo yall reading too much into this set, sonicfox is a god for sure and the better man here, but dont act like fchamp isnt also a god and unable to adapt to the matchup down the line

Dahbomb

Probably better off using Soul stone as Fox's team is very focused on nuking one character. He will use Cube early just to secure a kill.

So glad I didn't put money on the set!

Wasn't Chris dissing EVO for using the PS3 version?!

No that was separate. It was constant shade thrown at Evo because he couldn't handle the pressure put on him to win the tournament. How it wasn't important the community and what not.

James Chen had do PSAs on social media to counter it.

Mit-

Are there any good primers for this game out there? Something that goes over ALL of the systems and functionality?

I don't have the game but I will someday, and I want to have a bit better understanding of the systems. Like I just learned that there's three different locations/ways to tag in your character or something? I also have no idea the frames on tagging and how best to punish them or call them.

Back with MvC3 I think I learned most everything from Maximilian's Assist Me series. Can't seem to find anything great right now though. Shoryuken also had a players guide back then. There also was an actual, physical player's guide, that I had as well haha.

brian!

Nah the system is still prtty opaque, maybe upper lvl ppl have put in work and have binders full of info but they arent sharing yet. New stuff everyday atm

Dahbomb

I made a mechanics thing but it's super basic now. We are learning new stuff daily especially now that frame data is getting jot down.

Here's the document, I plan to update it again:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JomswsMlq1Pjd0v6KT_SnAoPbuMydEaCSR_Eou9lhSA/edit?usp=drivesdk

The tag hit (if you tag and don't press any buttons) is 5 frames. Your character seems to vulnerable for 5 frames coming in. If you press a move after tag, it's 5 frame plus the start up of the move. You can also block coming in

Neoxon

When do you guys think we'll see the new costumes for Wave 1? I recall the implication being that we'd see them in the near future.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Interesting, maybe that's why there is an awful input lag during character select screen? (on the ps4 version at least, dunno about the others)

It would be the opposite, given that the Character Select Screen is the one that uses renders/2D sprites. And yeah, the CSS lag is on PC as well. It's weird.

sephi22

I don't know if I want J Wong to get bodied in this game or for him to body others.
I respect the legacy but I want young guns like Sonic to take the throne

shaowebb

I don't know if I want J Wong to get bodied in this game or for him to body others.
I respect the legacy but I want young guns like Sonic to take the throne
Dont worry. Hes already got the throne lol. This is just the next kingdom hes invading.

Skittles

Dont worry. Hes already got the throne lol. This is just the next kingdom hes invading.
Nah, fchamp took too many games for it to be like that. The next time we see them playing in a tourney it's gonna be way closer.

I'm suspecting rocket just gets blown up by a good dante. His normals are too good

Dahbomb

Doesn't matter how good Dante's normals are, once he is in the box he is going to eat. His normals are also slow, his fastest normal is 8 frame whereas RR's is 4 frame.

brian!

Yeah, obviously a kneejerk reaction but i feel like it's not insane to call rr space stone comps top 2 atm

With dmg pretty much equalized throughout the cast the no pushblock mines, zoning, and high/lows he can do are really really good, you gotta get the pressure on him any way you can because hes rabid and one bite is all it takes

Skittles

Doesn't matter how good Dante's normals are, once he is in the box he is going to eat. His normals are also slow, his fastest normal is 8 frame whereas RR's is 4 frame.
The problem is getting to a box. RR is going to easily die in 2 touchs from dante. And there's a very low chance of dante dropping that combo compared to other characters.

Does crazy dance burn storm surges? If it does, thats pretty nutty vs space box

brian!

I think it might, but rr is like the god of space storm atm, both using it and against it

Ppl talk dante up a lot, and it's deserved to an extent like he def feels top 5 at least, but i feel like a lot of ppl need practice against him and are salty at his conversions.

Top Bottom