• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Skittles

I'm completely baffled by the ghost rider pick. I was 100% expecting ultron/captain marvel with space stone. Why you pick someone who misses nearly all their normals against raccoon is some dumb shit.

Nabs

qksgIHC.gif

JeTmAn81

Because their point is to lock down not to zone. If you can push block them then what is the point of those moves?

Gamora's guns though... that's a different story.

The point is for them to give an unbalanced amount of time to mix your opponent up I guess. I can't think of a single move outside of Thunderbolt in UMVC3 that couldn't be pushblocked.

Dahbomb

The point is for them to give an unbalanced amount of time to mix your opponent up I guess. I can't think of a single move outside of Thunderbolt in UMVC3 that couldn't be pushblocked.
A bunch of moves couldn't be push blocked. Iron Man's Repulsor and Storm's Lightning Sphere. They are expanding on that concept, a lot of moves can do this like Ultron's command normal beam and Dante's Jet Stream.

This is to create actual assist lock down. Like you can't push block assists in Marvel 3. Otherwise there would be no way to lock down anyone. Technically every assist in Marvel 3 negated push block and since this game doesn't have assists for that purpose, they have to give certain moves that property.

It's a bit OD with Rocket because of the way his traps work but stuff like Jedah's Scythe absolutely have to negate push block otherwise he would suck and have no support value.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i really hope people wont use this as an excuse to use training stage more ;_;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Since capcom has plans on adding this game to CPT, I hope they ban training stage like they did for SFV.

Edit: What's the excuse?

the excuse being "fchamp lost on a non-training stage, but won on the training stage"

but he still lost lol.

Dahbomb

I mean he's gonna get his own bracket!
I think this just highlights one of the main problems with the game where the damage homogenization is going to make pixies like Rocket insanely strong in the game. Rocket in Marvel 3 struggled with damage when he wasn't in XF but in this game his damage is the same as any other character due to the way scaling works.

Why play big bodies in this game when the pixies are doing the same or more damage as you but they also have way better tools in general?

Lowering the HP isn't going to do much about RR anyway.

If they do actually change Gamora's guns to not pierce everything (which is honestly crazy that it beats level 3 super projectiles), Rocket's HK, which is the laser gun that Sonic Fox was using to go through black holes and even the stalking flare, will also most likely be effected, because it seems to have the same property as her guns.

shaowebb

I told you guys. Dont call out Sonicfox and make him get serious about a game. So long as you dont get 13-0ed in a first to 10 you may survive the beating. Fchamp and the shit talkers got what they deserved.

Links to the archive?

Rhaknar

Capcom is probably thanking the heavens that SonicFox is into Marvel.

"See that super popular player from that other fighting game that sells a lot also plays our game pls notice us senpai"

sinkfla87

Capcom is probably thanking the heavens that SonicFox is into Marvel.

"See that super popular player from that other fighting game that sells a lot also plays our game pls notice us senpai"

I don't know about that. SonicFox is out for blood and talking mad shit on everyone and everything. He said the only reason he plays MvC was to body champ and that people should go play a good vs. game like Skullgirls. LMAO.

shaowebb

I don't know about that. SonicFox is out for blood and talking mad shit on everyone and everything. He said the only reason he plays MvC was to body champ and that people should go play a good vs. game like Skullgirls. LMAO.
He aint wrong lol. Skullgirls is great. Its common knowledge every marvel title is bullshit vs bullshit the game. Probably just commenting on that fact is all hes doing. He needed to put a few egos in their place was all.

Top Bottom