• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

LuuKyK

I am still on episode 7 but so far its safe to say that Elektra stole the show. Both the character and the actress are great. Punisher is a good character too. Loving this season, cant wait to finish it later today.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the entire season in two sittings, now I feel empty.

Gambit

Just finished it and loved it. Even more than season 1, which I also enjoyed.

Punisher was great and I thought Foggy and Karen improved significantly. I also really don't understand the Elektra hate. I thought the actress was great and I liked this version of the character despite the changes to the comic version.
I might also be biased because I found her insanely hot and could totally understand Matt getting sidetracked by her crazy.
(not a real spoiler)

Personally, I loved how all these different factions were playing into the story. You could tell Matt was getting overwhelmed and pulled in all kinds of directions.

Someone correct me, but Roxxon went away from the Arena Club organization to
The Hand
organization? I wonder how all of this connects to the greater MCU
Probably zero with the movies. :|

I don't know how long it takes for RT Scores to stabilize, but the last time I checked it was at 74%. To put it in perspective, here's the entire MCU TV Seasons:

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 3 - 100%*
Marvel's Daredevil: Season 1 - 98%
Marvel's Agent Carter: Season 1 - 95%
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 2 - 94%
Marvel's Jessica Jones: Season 1 - 93%
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1 - 86%
Marvel's Agent Carter: Season 2 - 80%
Marvel's Daredevil: Season 2 - 74%

*only 12 of 22 episodes have aired.

That is just crazy. Worst rated season of a Marvel TV Show? Beyond crazy.

Gattsu25

Banned
I'm surprised the gore factor ran to Deadpool levels here. I'm fine with that.

I'm trying to remember anything in Deadpool that matched the [entire series spoilers]
Punisher shotgun or pistolwhipping
scenes.

I'm actually having a hard time remembering anything from Deadpool :\

Kyoufu

Someone correct me, but Roxxon went away from the Arena Club organization to
The Hand
organization? I wonder how all of this connects to the greater MCU
Probably zero with the movies. :|

I don't know how long it takes for RT Scores to stabilize, but the last time I checked it was at 74%. To put it in perspective, here's the entire MCU TV Seasons:

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 3 - 100%*
Marvel's Daredevil: Season 1 - 98%
Marvel's Agent Carter: Season 1 - 95%
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 2 - 94%
Marvel's Jessica Jones: Season 1 - 93%
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1 - 86%
Marvel's Agent Carter: Season 2 - 80%
Marvel's Daredevil: Season 2 - 74%

*only 12 of 22 episodes have aired.

I'm super confused at Agents of Shield ratings. Like, what. That stuff is horrendous.

The Hermit

Parts of this felt like Iron Man 2 in the sense that they're dropping these huge seeds at the detriment of the narrative that will eventually come to fruition when Defenders gets going.

this is the main weakness of MCU, and when the seeds or hints get bigger than the main story itself (like in Age of Ultron) then the whole thing turns to shit

I don't think its DD 2 case though, since most of it had resolution, although tottally half assed

zeemumu

Question for the last episode:

It's been a few days but I forgot to ask:
did Matt give up his "no killing" code in those last few minutes because of Elektra or did he know that Nobu would get back up after being whiplashed off of the roof?

Gattsu25

Banned

did Matt give up his "no killing" code in those last few minutes because of Elektra or did he know that Nobu would get back up after being whiplashed off of the roof?

Yes

Red

Probably. I think it was a nod to
Matt killing Bullseye after Bullseye kills Elektra.
The show calls less attention to it, though. Makes it feel like a throwaway moment (pun intended?).

Probably. I think it was a nod to
Matt killing Bullseye after Bullseye kills Elektra.
The show calls less attention to it, though. Makes it feel like a throwaway moment (pun intended?).

Comic Spoiler
Matt didn't kill Bullseye after Elektra's death. He let him fall and paralyzed him.

1. DDS1
2. DDS2
3. Flash S1
4. Flash S2
5. AoS2
6. AoS3
7. JJ
8. Arrow S2
9. Arrow S1
10.Arrow S4
11. Arrow S3
12. AoS1

Didn't watch Agent Carter, Legends of Tomorrow or Supergirl

zeemumu

Yeah sorry.
"Attempting to kill." Nobu did not die either, Stick was the one to off him.

Yeah,
I was curious if Daredevil was aware that he'd come back to life so didn't go easy on him or was actively trying to kill him just for Elektra.

I've never seen the 2005 Elektra movie but
it sounds like her plot is headed in that direction.

TVexperto

Wow im really disappointed this season, did they change the writers team or something? Seems like the plots are really messy and not as strong as last season, also the dialogue seems much weirder... I dont know, I might have to watch season 1 again to compare it but it feels kinda "off"

Just finished episode 8. Holy shit at that ending. The first four episodes were the strongest the show's been thus far and though it hasn't been quite that good since, I'm still really enjoying it. It hasn't been the drop in quality some have been saying. Both Bernthal and Yung have been excellent.

Just got done. Great series. Some salty people in here. I enjoyed everything about it.

Leagues better than Arrow for example. Way better than AoS and Agent Carter. I'd say it's about the same level as JJ, Just below DD series 1. Totally different but about as enjoyable as Flash currently is but lacking the "Must watch next week " factor which is fine since I can binge.

HoJu

I'm on the 4th episode but can someone tell me if Foggy dies an extremely painful death so i have something to look forward to? Thanks

LeonSPBR

Finished. Loved every moment of it. Bernthal the best of the season by a fucking mile. Charlie Cox was good as daredevil as well.

IMO this season was better than the first, and the prison fight was the best fight in this season.

1. DDS1
2. DDS2
3. Flash S1
4. Flash S2
5. AoS2
6. AoS3
7. JJ
8. Arrow S2
9. Arrow S1
10.Arrow S4
11. Arrow S3
12. AoS1

Didn't watch Agent Carter, Legends of Tomorrow or Supergirl

Why isn't Gotham in your list? I admit the first season sucked up until the last four or five episodes, but season 2 has been on fire.

Alucard

Banned
Episode 4. DD infiltrating and wrecking shit was sooooooo amazing. And the suit upgrade is nice.

Why are people down on Foggy? He's great in this series.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm seven episodes into this and I like Foggy a lot more in this season than last season.

Episode seven-related question:
So Castle said he isn't having combat flashbacks so he doesn't want to argue that he has PTSD from his military service, which Karen agrees with. But then they go at the angle that his whole life changed when his family was brutally murdered and he thinks about it all the time ... would that not qualify as PTSD? PTSD isn't exclusively caused by war.

Corpekata

Banned
Halfway in. Feels like they should've made Karen a reporter or something given how much time she spent with Ben and now with going back there. Her knack for pushy nosiness would make for a good one, and make "lawyer's assistant uncovers various dirty deeds" a little less ridiculous. And it would be a good way to not have to anchor her to Foggy and Matt all the time.

I don't get any of the Elektra hate. I loved her character and all the Elektra/Matt scenes felt way more genuine and natural than the Karen/Matt scenes.
When she finally got her sais and her final costume? That shit was badass.

Hell...no.

Matt and Karen's date...I actually felt Matt cared about Karen. Elektra felt forced.

For those who have already seen the entire thing: how does it compare to S1?

I thought the first season was cool enough, but it kind of fizzed out near the end and you could have easily cut most episodes down to 30 minutes without doing any real harm. Is this still true?

I enjoyed it a lot more than season 1, but after episode 4 there are only a few episodes that live up to the those. And they did a poor job with...

The HAND
Fight Choreography

Both of those areas needed a lot more work.

Call me crazy, but I also think the STICK actor didn't pull off combat well at all. I really didn't believe he was a competant fighter at all, and he needed to be a good fighter.

They really needed to cast someone in their late 50s who could fight at least a little bit. Then add 15 years to him with makeup.

Just finished it, while a better season then the first, it's still a pretty messy affair. First four episodes are pretty on point, and then the rest of the episodes introduce way more and then try to scramble to resolve all the plot points.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Watched all of Season One of Daredevil back when it first aired and enjoyed it.

Just started Season Two tonight.

What Marvel should I move onto after that? I've only seen one episode of Agent Carter and 2 or 3 episodes of Shield.

Top Bottom