• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | Production Thread

Rooster12

I recommend the original GOTG series if you guys haven't read it. It has better stories, better Yondu, Starhawk, insane concepts that felt ahead of its time.

018.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I recommend the original GOTG series if you guys haven't read it. It has better stories, better Yondu, Starhawk, insane concepts that felt ahead of its time.

018.jpg
Do you think its worth mentioning in the recommention section? I didnt mentioned it because I thought people could be confused.

I actually hope we get more original Guardians in this movie. Nothing wrong with the crew from the first one, but I grew up reading the comic, so getting somebody like Starhawk or Martinex would be pretty sweet.

Also, very pumped that we're more than likely getting Warlock.

I actually hope we get more original Guardians in this movie. Nothing wrong with the crew from the first one, but I grew up reading the comic, so getting somebody like Starhawk or Martinex would be pretty sweet.

I would love to see warlock on the big screen

So the crew grows by three hrmm?

Hmm. Mantis for sure. Adam Warlock seems probable. Maybe Cosmo, since he cameoed in the first movie (as did Warlock's cocoon)?

Or maybe Phyla? She seems like a long shot, but it would be cool. Actually, Moon Dragon seems plausible too, considering her connection to Drax.

I just hope they change Gams so she has the yellow circles on her eyes. I missed that in her design. And green hair, too.

The first Guardians is my favorite MCU movie, one of my favorite overall movies. I'm ready for seconds.

i am groot

zwvlgtR.png

Has there been any talk of bringing Dick Rider aka Richard Ryder, aka Nova to the MCU?

i am groot!

jutHBpL.png

Awesome Mix Vol2 better have another killer Bowie track.

i am groot...

OO1KkAV.png

i hope groot gets a monologue scene

i am groot

1fZ1I7i.jpg

Oh, the chick from the Oldboy remake... I dig it!

pomklementieff.jpg

i am groot!

S8y7MOQ.png

AMUSIX

So the team is the 5 from the first movie + Mantis + Yondu + Nebula?

A team of 8 total? I think that works well enough.

Also, Star Lord's dad :)

Hmm. Mantis for sure. Adam Warlock seems probable. Maybe Cosmo, since he cameoed in the first movie (as did Warlock's cocoon)?

Or maybe Phyla? She seems like a long shot, but it would be cool. Actually, Moon Dragon seems plausible too, considering her connection to Drax.

I just hope they change Gams so she has the yellow circles on her eyes. I missed that in her design. And green hair, too.

I can't see Warlock being a major part of the movie but maybe coming in at the end or a cameo in the post credits. I still think they are going to use him for Infinity but who knows.

Pachimari

So the team is the 5 from the first movie + Mantis + Yondu + Nebula?

A team of 8 total? I think that works well enough.

Also, Star Lord's dad :)
There's nothing official about Yondu and Nebula. That report came from some a very shaky source so I don't think we should believe that line-up.

I would like to learn more about other Guardians. Mantis, Phyla, Cosmos, Starhawk, Moon Dragon etc. I don't know them from the comics, so I would like to see them. At least Mantis and Cosmos.

The articles indicate Yandu/Nebula/Mantis.

So will the reapers get wiped out causing yondu to join if the article is true? Him and drax together will be golden lol

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm so hyped for this, GotG is the best and my favorite MCU movie and this seems so far away :(
I need it in my veins.

Nice work with the OP, although you misspelled "Gunn" as "Gun" a couple of times, and Tyler Bates has been confirmed to return as composer (by Gunn himself on Twitter).

Awesome Mix Vol2 better have another killer Bowie track.
Gunn said there will be one. He also said they were in talks for a cameo :(((

Maybe Vance Astro, and we get a proper introduction to timeline fuckery :D

Phyla has a convoluted story, and Mar-Vell hasn't been introduced in the MCU so I say she would be a *very* long shot since a lot of her story would have to be reworked. Regarding Moondragon, they changed Drax's origins in the MCU, and although he does name a daughter in GotG it's not Heather, so I doubt we would get her.

Kurt Russell has got to be his dad, he just has to at this point. Anybody else would set me up for disappointment now (unless it was somehow an awake harrison ford)

hopefully this doesn't feel the need to expand the cosmic universe or focus on thanos or some shit and just give us an adventure with the gang. they're very entertaining together.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Kurt Russell has got to be his dad, he just has to at this point. Anybody else would set me up for disappointment now (unless it was somehow an awake harrison ford)

hopefully this doesn't feel the need to expand the cosmic universe or focus on thanos or some shit and just give us an adventure with the gang. they're very entertaining together.
Give me different planets/space stations, good humour and fantastic alien races and I am all set. Honestly I never expected GotG to become my go to space opera experience just second to Star Wars.

theWB27

I went away kind of ho-hum after the first movie. Still kind of dug the characters though, so I'll still be looking forward to this one.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

What a weird way to spell Kevin Bacon :p

TDLink

I hope they do Gamora justice this time around, and fixes her make-up.

Hard to do her justice when she's a bad character in the comics to begin with.

They should just focus on making Mantis great, since she is actually a good character.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
FYI, filming is scheduled to begin tomorrow.

Some more news from James Gunn:

http://mcuexchange.com/james-gunn-says-no-thanos-or-infinity-stone-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2/

Thanos will not appear in Vol. 2. No. As I've said before, Thanos isn't in this movie. I think he's gonna have a little bit to do and say when it comes to a certain wars and infinity. We've got other fish to fry in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

We're not really so much about the Infinity Stones in Guardians 2. Is that a spoiler? It's not really a thing.

Top Bottom