• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | Production Thread

Tom_Cody

Seems official production has begun

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/699956736636026880

Cba-8SJUkAAdVb2.jpg
Yay!

From Marvel.com:

http://marvel.com/news/movies/25742...tion_on_marvels_guardians_of_the_galaxy_vol_2

“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” is written and directed by James Gunn (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Slither”). The film marks the return of the original Guardians, including Chris Pratt (“Jurassic World,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Peter Quill/Star-Lord; Zoe Saldana (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Star Trek Into Darkness”) as Gamora; Dave Bautista (“Spectre,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Drax; Vin Diesel (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Furious 7”) as the voice of Groot; Bradley Cooper (“Joy,” “American Sniper”) as the voice of Rocket; Michael Rooker (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Jumper”) as Yondu; Karen Gillan (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “The Big Short”) as Nebula; and Sean Gunn (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Gilmore Girls”) as Kraglin. New cast members include Pom Klementieff (“Oldboy”), Elizabeth Debicki (“The Great Gatsby,” “Everest”), Chris Sullivan (“The Knick,” “The Drop”) and Kurt Russell (“The Hateful Eight,” “Furious 7”).
Awesome! This is the first I've heard that she would be in this. I loved her in Gatsby.

7nxgM9X.jpg

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Also from Marvel.com:

Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” continues the team’s adventures as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill’s true parentage.

Kurt Russell as Star-Lord's daddy confirmed??

guek

Banned
Wow, baby groot. I never even considered he would stay small in the sequel. Have were ever seen that in the comics?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Not surprised they're going with tiny Groot, his dancing scene really blew up back when the movie was released.

Wow, baby groot. I never even considered he would stay small in the sequel. Have were ever seen that in the comics?
He stays into sapling/small mode for a while whenever he gets burned, explodes, etc, then he slowly grows back. He didn't look that cute in this form before the movie though.

ulJWsPW.jpg

0EIxyJN.jpg

hD8xaiA.jpg

LnEMjnX.jpg

guek

Banned
He stays into sapling/small mode for a while whenever he gets burned, explodes, etc, then he slowly grows back. He didn't look that cute in this form before the movie though.

That was a dumb question, I remember now >_<

It's too damn early

Pachimari

Baby Groot is so cute. Love if he stays that way, and maybe grows big by the end. I just really hope Star-Lord's dad has a big role when all is said and done, if the plot starts out with the team wanting to find his true parentage. I also hope to see Mantis soon.

Just confirmed that Pom Klementieff is playing Mantis, but says you have to wait for the other ones.

EDIT: So slow...

Great. Just wanted confirmation of this actually.

Bigger photo:

Cba-8SJUkAAdVb2.jpg:orig

IHaveIce

Banned
Idk Kurt Russel screams Json of Spartax to me.. which Gunn said would not be the father in the MCU.

Mantis is great news, hope Starhawk or Adam warlock will show up

Checked out Pom's twitter, she's doing some crazy hanging situps.

Being cast for a Marvel movie seems to include getting in the best shape of your life along with all the other perks.

Why do you care about their footwear if their kicking ass...?

My guess is because it looks stupid (the wedges at least). But then i have an irrational dislike for wedges in real life too. It's like the shoes/boots couldn't make up their mind between flat soles or high heels and went with both at once. I think it's an aesthetic eyesore. XD

It's also impractical for physical combat and mostly there to raise the sex appeal. I'd prefer all these kickass women to wear combat boots, or anything with flat soles really. I also disliked Catwoman's outfit in TDKR for that reason. Homage or not, it looked all the more stupid in Nolan's supposedly grounded universe.

54-46!

This is our Mantis! Super excited about her:

Wirz9u3.jpg

What is the difference between comic Mantis and movie Gamora?

You haven't read DnA cosmic? shame!

Anyway, the characters are completely different, aside from both being female martial artists that romance Peter that is.

In the comics Gamora is the romantic interest of Nova, not Star-Lord.

Pachimari

I haven't read the DnA comic, I haven't read any GoTG comics. I would just like to know what the difference are between comic Mantis and movie Gamora. :)

Mantis is kind of weird in her behavior?

54-46!

I haven't read the DnA comic, I haven't read any GoTG comics. I would just like to know what the difference are between comic Mantis and movie Gamora. :)

Mantis is kind of weird in her behavior?

She's a kind, quirky and empathic character that possesses telepathic and precognition abilities.

B33

Banned
She's a kind, quirky and empathic character that possesses telepathic and precognition abilities.
Spoilers for the DnA run:
My memory is hazy on the comics, but wasn't it revealed she can manipulate people to do things without them knowing it?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Spoilers for the DnA run:
My memory is hazy on the comics, but wasn't it revealed she can manipulate people to do things without them knowing it?
Yep, sort of. Although she did it by Quill's request and doesn't feel comfortable about it.

Spoilers:

26kFq00.jpg

(The Skrull mention has to do with the Secret Invasion saga that was going on at the time.)

Top Bottom