• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | Production Thread

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I want Howard to get to Earth so he becomes a private investigator and gets a Netflix series. Then She-Hulk makes a cameo before she also gets a lawyer series of her own. Marvel's collar workers!

AkGwMSM.jpg

Just have Howard be someone in a suit instead of CG so it can stay under a reasonable budget. lol.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/710135737832714244?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

James Gunn just shot this scene:

CdrosDzUYAAo_9V.jpg

Baby Groot!

So what would be essential reading for GotG?

I saw the first movie for my birthday when it came out, and it remains one of my favorite movies of all time. SUPER psyched to for the second one, even if it won't be a birthday gift to me this time. ;_;

Neoxon

So what would be essential reading for GotG?

I saw the first movie for my birthday when it came out, and it remains one of my favorite movies of all time. SUPER psyched to for the second one, even if it won't be a birthday gift to me this time. ;_;
The 2008 run of Guardians by Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning (hell, the entire 2006-2010 Cosmic Marvel run), which was the inspiration for the MCU Guardians. Marvel reprinted that Guardians run in trade after the first movie dropped.

James Gunn already said no Captain Marvel in this movie.

You think someone would do that? Lie about a potentially major reveal & cool moment in their multi-million blockbuster film not due for another 2 years to preserve said coolness?

I'm going to wait till the end of the year for an official announcement before I let hope die. It'd be a cool way of introducing the audience of Captain Marvel and getting them familiar with her, her powerset, and the lore around her origin story before her 2019 film, aka the same thing they're pulling with Black Panther and Spider-Man.

Neoxon

You think someone would do that? Lie about a potentially major reveal & cool moment in their multi-million blockbuster film not due for another 2 years to preserve said coolness?

I'm going to wait till the end of the year for an official announcement before I let hope die. It'd be a cool way of introducing the audience of Captain Marvel and getting them familiar with her, her powerset, and the lore around her origin story before her 2019 film, aka the same thing they're pulling with Black Panther and Spider-Man.
James Gunn is more of a "no bullshit" kind of guy. If he's trying to preserve a surprise, he typically dances around the question or avoids it altogether instead of lying.

Top Bottom