• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Jessica Jones |OT| A.K.A. Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones *spoilers for S1*

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I discovered today that I won't be working tomorrow, the stars have aligned. This goes up at 6am here so I'll wake up with this waiting for me. Not even gonna try to fool myself into thinking I can pace my watching, I'm going full binge mode.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just checked and its not up. So unless France is special, its not up in europe.

Slayven

Comparing Supergirl to Jessica Jones is like comparing Carol Danvers to Powergirl

One is a vapid masturbatory archetype who had no real relevance ever

And the other is Powergirl.

orioto

Good Art™
But why did you make the comparison to the Supergirl show?

Was just a way to say it seems to be a modern super hero show, more like dardevil, rather than something more cheesy for kids. I mean it seems ambitious. I used the super girl example cause i watched one episode and it's so fucking bad.

Now i have no clue if the two comics are so different, sorry :p

PsychBat!

Banned
Comparing Supergirl to Jessica Jones is like comparing Carol Danvers to Powergirl

@Bolded: I wouldn't even go that far nowadays.

But she's soooooo booooooooooooring

PymqFjU.gif

guek

Banned

You always gotta take that pot-shot when you see it, don'tcha

such ire

PsychBat!

Banned
Was just a way to say it seems to be a modern super hero show, more like dardevil, rather than something more cheesy for kids. I mean it seems ambitious. I used the super girl example cause i watched one episode and it's so fucking bad.

Now i have no clue if the two comics are so different, sorry :p

Ah I see.

Eh, I don't talk about comics in Movies/TV shows based on comics because they get shit on for whatever reason.

Pachimari

- TVLine: Netflix's Latest Marvel Series Is, Fittingly, Quite Strong

I recently tweeted, as I watched Supergirl, that I’ve perhaps hit “peak superhero lairs,” seeing as no less than, what, four different series now feature glossy, hi-tech hubs of well-staffed superhero activity? Jessica Jones, especially as a Daredevil chaser, is a palate cleanser for that, following as it does a lone wolf stationed in drab Hell’s Kitchen who’s lucky to have an office door on its hinges. With its aforementioned languid, jazz-scored looks at the calms between Jessica’s storms — and make no mistake, the fight sequences when they come around are a visceral thrill — its 13-episode run promises an in-depth study of one super-intense woman.

Who else is looking forward to walls and walls of spoiler bars?

I'm probably just going to watch it all and then move to the spoiler thread, if the Daredevil OT was anything to go by, discussion gets kind of weird when everyone is at a different episode.

Also lots of shitty hint dropping like "If you liked that you might like episode 5 even more WINK WINK"

Frog-fu

Banned
I'mma binge and hop over to the spoiler thread too.

I love me some Netflix shows, but the OTs are pretty shyte mostly because of the dump format.

Mudcrab

I'm probably just going to watch it all and then move to the spoiler thread, if the Daredevil OT was anything to go by, discussion gets kind of weird when everyone is at a different episode.

Also lots of shitty hint dropping like "If you liked that you might like episode 5 even more WINK WINK"

I'm with you on this, especially that last part.

Slayven

thats the worse.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

That was the fucking worst in the Daredevil thread. People couldn't grasp why it was bad.

It's the reason I'll avoid this thread when the show is out. Besides, this show will last me a month at least.

Dalek

That was the fucking worst in the Daredevil thread. People couldn't grasp why it was bad.

It's the reason I'll avoid this thread when the show is out. Besides, this show will last me a month at least.

The best in the Daredevil thread though was that guy who didn't realize that Matt Murdock was the man in black several episodes in.

The best in the Daredevil thread though was that guy who didn't realize that Matt Murdock was the man in black several episodes in.

I don't remember that. I do remember a guy who knew it was Matt, but thought it was supposed to be a secret. So he was like "Gosh, this show isn't that great. It's so obvious Matt is the guy. What kind of mystery is that!?"

I don't remember that. I do remember a guy who knew it was Matt, but thought it was supposed to be a secret. So he was like "Gosh, this show isn't that great. It's so obvious Matt is the guy. What kind of mystery is that!?"

Oh I totally remember that, that guy thought he was Sherlock for knowing. Pretty interesting though, I guess you technically never see him change clothes.

Jobbs

Banned
If they don't make eight or nine thousand references to "this city" and what's going to happen to it or whatever over the course of the episodes, I'll be sorely disappointed. That became a fun drinking game in DD.

I thought the worst thing in the Daredevil thread was baby Kingpin.

danielcw

Here's the opening title sequence for the show if you want to see it early...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/jessica-jones-unleashes-full-title-sequence

Is an actual title sequence somewhere, one that includes credits? These text-less versions do not work for me. Some parts of it feel really empty.

BTW: who is composing the music?

wait does it unlock midnight local time? I thought it was midnight US and then I got it at 8am, like Master of None for example. if its midnight local I can watch it at work amg

It is midnight PST. I had asked support to be sure. And unlike Daredevil there is no DST to take into account (maybe in countries on the southern hemnisphere???)
I think Netflix officially said "November 20th" without giving an actual time.

Dalek

Is an actual title sequence somewhere, one that includes credits? These text-less versions do not work for me. Some parts of it feel really empty.

BTW: who is composing the music?

It is midnight PST. I had asked support to be sure. And unlike Daredevil there is no DST to take into account (maybe in countries on the southern hemnisphere???)
I think Netflix officially said "November 20th" without giving an actual time.

It was midnight PST for Daredevil-I remember because I waited up to watch the first episode before I slept.

Do I need to watch Daredevil to watch Jessica Jones, or can I just jump in?

It's pretty much stand alone, but I'm willing to bet Daredevil shows up in at least one scene. So I'd recommend watching it first-simply because DD getting his "Costume" and the reveal of it is a big moment.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Do I need to watch Daredevil to watch Jessica Jones, or can I just jump in?

You can just jump in. There are probably going to be easter eggs and mentions, but otherwise you should be fine.

Same goes for watching Daredevil and never having seen any Marvel movie. Someone would be fine.

Top Bottom