• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

AMUSIX

Pacing feels so different from DD or JJ, very subdued, very much a 'soak in the city' type or deal, which I love for this. Also, there are a number of very big stylistic choices taken from classic Blaxploitation fare; some of the dialogue is very much that hyper-cool repartee, and the gratuitous sex scene fit perfectly.

gimmmick

Just finished the first episode. I'm liking the direction marvel and Netflix is taking less popular comics. The music is stellar as well.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Great first episode. Loved the clever visual of making him look like he's wearing the yellow shirt with the lighting while he was walking down the street.

Happy birthday to me!

Dalek

I have to go to bed but I watched half of the first episode and man it's great. I would watch it all right now if I could.

Luke is smooth when he meets Misty.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Get your hands off
Danny's woman
Luke!

Misty Knight's actress has me sweating.

Damn girl, you have everything. Style and looks.

I have to be honest, this is probably my favorite marvel tv series now.
Until they do Marvel Max Punisher tv series with Berenthal.

Didn't expect the N-word on a Marvel show.

Did anyone see the goofy dad from the Get Down in the barbershop? I was like I KNOW THAT GUY OMG HE WAS IN THE GET DOWN.

UKUMI0

Do I need to watch Daredevil season 2 before this?

Luke Cage is apparently set before Daredevil S02 but after Jessica Jones S01. The decision was apparently made so they didn't have to deal with the Accords. Not that it would affect the show at all, since the crossover is minimal between the shows.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
damn this is good so far. Already can't wait for the whole Defenders thing heh.

NightOnyx

Really enjoyed the first episode. Luke is still great and likeable, all the other characters are really intriguing so far and well done, and I also have to give the music some love to, it's awesome so far.

brawly

Misty Knight's actress has me sweating.

Damn girl, you have everything. Style and looks.

giphy.gif

This made me laugh out loud.

LeonSPBR

Watched the first episode and damn this is a great start. Also guys don't do the mistake of reading the summary for the next episodes... they spoil a new character that I didn't even know would show up.

Kalentan

Luke Cage is apparently set before Daredevil S02 but after Jessica Jones S01. The decision was apparently made so they didn't have to deal with the Accords. Not that it would affect the show at all, since the crossover is minimal between the shows.

Oh wait really? I thought this was after DD S02.

y2dvd

Solid pilot, though it didn't grip me like DD did.

Quick rundown on what I didn't like about ep1:

-No opening scene before the title sequence to grip you. Normally extremely effective as a series opener.
-Shameek killed Dante, left the body there, and didn't think Cottonmouth wouldn't have found out they were connected? He also stayed in town, and seemed to be willing to see Cottonmouth? I have to presume Dante told Shameek that they were hitting Cottonmouth. Shameek is either the dumbest mf or this is completeled flawed.
-Chico had to have been filled in also on the hit. Weird reaction thinking they weren't gonna kill anyone when it's a bad crew they are hitting.
-Episode was a little slow.

Only minor complaints though.

The actress playing Misty Knight is FIIIINNNNEEEE

Had me sweating, phew.

number11

This and The Get Down... I love how Netflix are responsible for two amazing hip hop/r&b soundtracks this year.

I loved ep1.. ep2 is even better.

Top Bottom