• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

Damn, the look on Cottonmouth's face
when he finds out Pops is dead, that pain was real

Also,
Turk's usage of "off the hook" after the henchman's death was some real bad writing, jesus.
If this show is replete with bad slang it's going to grind my gears.

Alright, I've seen The Get Down mentioned a few times in here. Guess I need to finally get around to watching it. Well, after I finish Luke Cage.

Matty77

Really like this so far two episodes in, one of the best comics based things I have seen. Usually don't care for soundtracks one way or the other but I agree with others it's excellent and I can't help but notice not just how good it is but some of the way it's used in EP 1
in the club while cottonmouth is talking and the heist is going down
is poetic.

Also not only are the marvel references on point and seemingly more meaningful, but even better are the literary discussions and references.

Never thought I would see a discussion about Donald Goines in a marvel show of all places.

This is another level of how good a comic adaption can be if put in the right hands. Taking a break until later today, don't want to rush and overwhelm myself and miss things.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah, right? First episode is not even over but the references are already way better then in everything from Marvel Netflix before

LeonSPBR

Just finished ep2... Loving Cottonmouth,
his reaction to Pops death was amazing. Really liking him. Also Pops death, that got me. Really liked him.

Also the music in this is damn good. Props to the people behind it, really fits with the show.

sappyday

I just realized Cottonmouth's cousin is the same lady from Civil War although I checked Imdb and they're apparently not the same character.

The Kree

Banned
Episode 3:

6GbrHcb.png

Cottonmouth is out of control.

Good lord, Simone Missick is out acting errbody in this show, and looking fucking gorgeous in the process. I've literally rewatched a few scenes just to enjoy/absorb the intricacies of her facial expressions.

I'd totally be down for a spin off, and I'm apparently not the only one hoping for one.

Could Netflix's 'Luke Cage' Deliver a Misty Knight Spinoff Series?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/luke-cage-misty-knight-spinoff-917661
She's strong, independent, smart and a great role model for women — so much so that she received the biggest cheer out of the entire Luke Cage cast at the show's Comic-Con panel. So is a Misty Knight spinoff series in the cards?

"We're very lucky in a sense that our casts are so rich and deep and so diverse," Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb tells The Hollywood Reporter. "We certainly have plans for all of our characters. A lot of it has to do with exactly how many shows Netflix is actually going to let us make. We're up to six now."

He pauses to laugh and continues, "At a certain point, we have to be careful that we're not becoming the Marvel channel on Netflix."

When told that comic book fans probably wouldn't be mad about that, he laughed again.

"The Marvel Channel" is an amusing parallel to what the CW is becoming now with DC. I'm all for it, on both sides.

ezekial45

Banned
Luke Cage is apparently set before Daredevil S02 but after Jessica Jones S01. The decision was apparently made so they didn't have to deal with the Accords. Not that it would affect the show at all, since the crossover is minimal between the shows.

It's not. They mention stuff that happened in DD S2.

Sorry Luke, I love Bruce but Fist of Legend > Chinese Connection(I know it's really called Fist of Fury).

Although Fist of Fury ending >>>>>>>>>> Fist of Legend ending.

So, why is Luke in hiding? I did watch Jessica Jones but I don't remember that part.

I just finished watching the pilot. Beautiful cinematography, great soundtrack and some gorgeous actresses. Aside from that, I can't say that I'm really loving the show so far, it was a really slow start. I thought the Daredevil and Jessica Jones pilots were much better. Still, it was fine for the most part and I'll give it a few more episodes but I don't really feel like binge watching the show.

On a side note, it took me a while to recognise Alfre Woodard. According to wikipedia she's 63 years old. Damn, like fine wine.

ScribbleD

Marvel's casting is so damn consistently on point.

Really digging the cinematography and music so far. This is off to a great start.

Sheroking

Am through Episode 3.

The Bazooka scene is goofy as fuck. Like, one of the top three dumbest scenes I've seen on TV in a while.

Top Bottom