• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

Great, people are going to see the deaths vs released growing apart and freak out.

Remember it takes much longer to get well that it does to die with pneumonia. Some people will takes days, some weeks, some months to be released.
They’ve treated and released a lot less than it’s actually killed though, that’s the worrying part.

Doubly so since they can easily get reinfected making it harder to survive a second time.
Most of the "cured" cases didnt go to the hospital at all because the illness was mild. Your second point is possible but the body would have antibodies so it shouldn't make it "harder".

Last edited:
Good to know, you traveling bio weapon.

Nope that plan would just backfire because the Science is the reverse without travel if you Isolate every country after a few generations it would only take one outsider with a strange fever to wipe our your whole country, you would not be able to even take them to the hospital before everyone around them fell sick and died.

It would be like bringing smallpox to the natives, your population needs to build up resistance to more bugs not less

this is also why people should get their shots before they travel and apply for visas

Great, people are going to see the deaths vs released growing apart and freak out.

Remember it takes much longer to get well that it does to die with pneumonia. Some people will takes days, some weeks, some months to be released.

Most of the "cured" cases didnt go to the hospital at all because the illness was mild. Your second point is possible but the body would have antibodies so it shouldn't make it "harder".
That's some bs damage control. How would they know they have a "mild" form of the wu flu without going to the hospital?

Nope that plan would just backfire because the Science is the reverse without travel if you Isolate every country after a few generations it would only take one outsider with a strange fever to wipe our your whole country, you would not be able to even take them to the hospital before everyone around them fell sick and died.

It would be like bringing smallpox to the natives, your population needs to build up resistance to more bugs not less

this is also why people should get their shots before they travel and apply for visas
Getting shots won't stop a bio weapon.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So many scared little babies. More people have died from slipping on banana peels last year. China is treating this seriously for your whiny benefit, so it doesn't spread to more vulenrable populations, like your pansy little ass.
You're going to feel so shitty when this thing ends up killing me

Getting shots won't stop a bio weapon.
no you get your shots before you go play adventure tourist in some suspect land, so you don't bring crap back home with you.
never said that would do shit about bioweapons. If you are worried about bioweapons it is already too late bro

Last edited:
no you get your shots before you go play adventure tourist in some suspect land, so you don't bring crap back home with you.
never said that would do shit about bioweapons. If you are worried about bioweapons it is already too late bro
Except in this particular case. People transported it to the US by plane.

eot

Banned
The biolab in China literally has the Umbrella corporation logo. Corona is an anagram for Racoon! I believe we may be living in a simulation, and the new update is Resident Evil.
No it doesn't, it's a completely unrelated lab in Shanghai, that never even had it as a logo, it was a gag on their website. How hard is it to fact check one basic thing?

We have a conspiracy theory thread, stay there
Moon landing conspiracy and Flat Earth conspiracy theories go here and nowhere else

The house i lived in Texas in the 90s actually had bats in our chimney. Thank god we didn’t eat them.

My sister said the Chinese government is covering it up and there’s actually 90,000 cases. Not sure where she read it or how accurate it is.

It's from a probably-fake video from several days ago

Last edited:

sinnergy

No it doesn't, it's a completely unrelated lab in Shanghai, that never even had it as a logo, it was a gag on their website. How hard is it to fact check one basic thing?

Moon landing conspiracy and Flat Earth conspiracy theories go here and nowhere else

being skeptical in the case of China is not unwarranted ... in my opinion the actions they take does not reflect the number of infected they confirmed... why on earth would you lock down million people cities ? For something that looks like about more severe as the flu? Also they are not that open to the world ..

But that’s my western opinion...

Last edited:

That's a specific thread that has nothing to do with this potential pandemic. It looks legit to me.

08msI3H.png

eot

Banned
That's a specific thread that has nothing to do with this potential pandemic. It looks legit to me.

08msI3H.png
You are trying to say that there are hidden references to a zombie game in a real life viral outbreak, and that this is somehow significant. How fucking stupid are you? You belong in the mental asylum that is the conspiracy thread.

Or maybe you could make an actual argument instead of permuting letters and reading tea leaves.

sinnergy

A outbreak maybe on a cruise ship with 6000 people near Italy ,good luck with containment, if this is true ....

What a cluster fuck it all seems ...

No offense but the virus is ww ... we will see if it’s lethal in the west or not ... but it’s here ... better accept it.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
This whole "building hospital quickly for the world to see" is a whole lot of mumbo jumbo.

A virus that has already spread. What's the practical effect of this? It's ridiculous.

I used the wrong word. Practical refers to a special effect, but it fit like a glove, didn't it? lol

Propaganda at its core.
Communist countries -- and China in particular -- have a habit of publicizing massive social projects to prove to the world they aren't backwater. Unlike Western countries which aren't really trying to overtly "prove" the efficacy of capitalism, communists are in it to win it. Public projects and propaganda are one and the same.

It is Napoleon Complex at an ideological scale.

sinnergy

This whole "building hospital quickly for the world to see" is a whole lot of mumbo jumbo.

A virus that has already spread. What's the practical effect of this? It's ridiculous.
To help recover people? That need it? Not that hard to understand...

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
That's some bs damage control. How would they know they have a "mild" form of the wu flu without going to the hospital?
My point is that they didn't go to the doctor so they aren't part of the numbers. They probably didnt know they had the kung flu either.

lock2k

Banned
To help recover people? That need it? Not that hard to understand...

The disease has already spread beyond their range. It's not made to help people. They will end up helping people in the process, but that ain't its primary goal. It's pure propaganda to show their building power.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I sell cruises for a living so this cruise ship information is bad news :(
Yeah, nobody will be going anywhere in the US in about a month. Be ready for complete shut down of just about everything. Schools, jobs, Sports games, movie theaters, hotels, restaurants, coffee places, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if the US gov eventually gave tax breaks for companies that voluntarily shut down within the next three weeks.

If supermarkets are still open you wont be able to go yourself. You will chose your groceries on an app and some poor sod will shop for you. This service is great for people right now, but when everyone is secluding themselves it will become necessary. Then again if there are no truck drivers to bring food the shelves will be empty so....

Lets say there is food and you get it, well guess what the packages and bags themselves will be a way to get infected. I would suggested getting them inside and secluding them for 3 days before touching the again.

Of coarse, even if the grocery stores have some food, if you don't have gas to go pick up the groceries you are SOL. Most gas stations will probably close, and even if they are open there may be no gas because, again, truck drivers might not be available.

Lets say there is gas, guess where one of the best places to catch an illness from is? The gas station pump handle. Every time you get gas you will roll the dice with your life. and the life of everyone you live with. Hell, every time you leave the house at all your risk goes up.

All of this to say, booking cruises are the least of humanities worries right now.

I really hope I am wrong, we will likely know next week.

Last edited:
Your point?

I dismissed this like everyone else at first. Then I saw hard numbers and changed my mind.

I also find the lost colony of Roanoke fascinating even if it has mostly been solved.

I am just still not convinced it will have the same kind of traction here in the west. We'll likely see first if it actually picks up in countries nearby to China first. Sure, there have been a couple of cases (which CAN lead to more, and snowballing) but so far that hasn't happened. Due to the seemingly long incubation period, we'll need to wait and see. If it starts tearing through India and Japan and Australia, then sure, I'd be a lot more worried.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I am just still not convinced it will have the same kind of traction here in the west. We'll likely see first if it actually picks up in countries nearby to China first. Sure, there have been a couple of cases (which CAN lead to more, and snowballing) but so far that hasn't happened. Due to the seemingly long incubation period, we'll need to wait and see. If it starts tearing through India and Japan and Australia, then sure, I'd be a lot more worried.
You could be right, and I hope you are. My posts are just my opinion on how it will be IF you are wrong. Hopefully they spurn some people into action and they buy some supplies. Remember if you get a months worth of non-perishable food now and nothing happens you can always use it, or donate it during can food drives next winter.

It doesn't hurt to be prepared for other natural disasters as well. It is my opinion everyone should have at least 2 weeks worth of emergency food somewhere in their home.

Last edited:
Still no updates today? Weird. I want numbers.

We usually get them twice a day from Chiner... but that's at like... 1PM and 4PM Pacific (or thereabouts).

You could be right, and I hope you are. My posts are just my opinion on how it will be IF you are wrong. Hopefully they spurn some people into action and they buy some supplies. Remember if you get a months worth of non-perishable food now and nothing happens you can always use it, or donate it during can food drives next winter.

It doesn't hurt to be prepared for other natural disasters as well. It is my opinion everyone should have at least 2 weeks worth of emergency food somewhere in their home.

Yeah, it's not bad to have at all. I'd guess if it got to that point the National Guard & Army would be deployed to keep the peace and deliver supplies etc. It will be interesting to see how many people actually just get a light flu from this and recover with no issues.

Also:

Last edited:
How far off is that? I'm terrible with TZs.

Okay it looks like it's 2PM Pacific & 4PM Pacific.. China usually releases preliminary numbers at 2, and then for the whole of China at 4. Takes about 1/2 hour to get the info out usually.

That would put today's first report about 4 hours away, probably 4 1/2 before we actually see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom