• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the reporting from just the epicenter, it does not include the rest of China, that update should be in about 2 hours, so hold on.
It'll still be lower. The total so far is around 10k infected, it would need another 1k to reach the 11k prediction, that's not gonna happen. >90% of the cases come from the epicenter.

nbcjr

How do you Americans feel about bringing in potential threats to the country security?

Brazil's president said he won't evacuate civilians families that are in Wuhan stating he can't put the country in danger for single families...

I myself am not sure where the line should be drawn, I mean, I suppose the US has far greater and better measures to contain and quarantine than Brazil does, but leaving people behind doesn't fell right as well.
Brazil's président never said that.

cryptoadam

Banned
This posted?

University of Hong Kong scientists report that they have been able to create a vaccine for the Wuhan coronavirus, Daily Sabah reported on Thursday.

The university’s disease expert Yuen Kwok-yung claimed in an interview with the South China Morning Post that while the vaccine has been produced, “it will take a long time to test on animals.”

He said that it would take roughly a year until clinical trials could begin on humans.

Just gotta hunker down and surivive the appoclypse for a year and we will all be fine.

Should have another update in about an hour and a half I think if they keep up the normal procedure.

Here is the 'predicted' model..

p3EJZ2K_d.jpg

I am not 100% sure where this came from, but it's still pretty close.

Predicted Confirmed Cases: 11,090, actual 9,171
Predicted Deaths: 229, actual 213

And these shouldn't be the final #s for the day yet.

Last edited:

vpance

Should have another update in about an hour and a half I think if they keep up the normal procedure.

Here is the 'predicted' model..

p3EJZ2K_d.jpg

I am not 100% sure where this came from, but it's still pretty close.

Predicted Confirmed Cases: 11,090, actual 9,171
Predicted Deaths: 229, actual 213

And these shouldn't be the final #s for the day yet.

Someone just crunched out the numbers based on 47% geo progression with R1.5 or something like that.

I'd wait for at least another day of reports to confirm the break of trend.

Lol, there is no martial law. I'll let you conjure up the methods on how a country of 1.4 billion can be militarily martialed and how that can be enforced. Total bunk.

And again with the weird accented dress up nurse making grandiose claims. It's fake.

Here are some youtubers on the ground right now and their take on what's happening;

Bonus Laowhy and serpentza bullshit debunking:

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
Lol, there is no martial law. I'll let you conjure up the methods on how a country of 1.4 billion can be militarily martialed and how that can be enforced. Total bunk.

And again with the weird accented dress up nurse making grandiose claims. It's fake.

Here are some youtubers on the ground right now and their take on what's happening;

"Lol. there's no need for masks. It's all fine, believe me!"
lbZBxg6.png

GAMETA

Banned

Watch this from start to finish and tell me it's fake.

Hmmmmm

Not sure if that's the final day total or not. It says ONLY China, so we have to add international to that as well.

It's still pretty damn close to the 47% model. The 15K SUSPECTED cases could blow the 47% out of the water too, but I don't know how reliable that is.

Last edited:
Umm guys, I was in Nanjing for 30 days, came back to Sydney on the 1st Jan. I don't feel so good. :messenger_anxious:

Ha ha just fuckin with ya it's just the American flu (swine flu variant) that has killed over 100,000 since 2009.

Watch this from start to finish and tell me it's fake.

Depends bro, has he had acting classes?

Last edited:
the numbers being released (infected and dead) by the Chinese are bullshit. i wouldn't be surprised if the real number is in the 100,000+ infected since people were getting sick since December and the communists started recording numbers in mid January.

MrRogers

If this things gets to worldwide pandemic levels, ill have a new counter argument for globalists about the beauty of isolational nationalism

Segwaying into my field, i work in a respiratory ward and 80 to 90% of my patients would be utterly fked if this thing blowsup stateside. Im talking anywhere from 1 year olds to 95yr olds, with mild asthma to full blown lung cancer are going to be severely compromised. Nevermind those with other immunodepressant diseases like diabetes, hiv, taking chemo treatments etc.. Hospitals in particular are hotbeds for these kinda outbreaks, a person might be better staying home and fighting the worse of it off there.

Not much of a tourist then, if you've only traveled domestically.

The world is a big awesome place. Seeing it in person is great for the soul.
I never called myself a tourist. I travel around my territory all the time. I would only go to certain first world places where I'm already suited for the climate. And if I went anywhere it wouldn't be just for tourism.

V4skunk

Banned
If this things gets to worldwide pandemic levels, ill have a new counter argument for globalists about the beauty of isolational nationalism

Segwaying into my field, i work in a respiratory ward and 80 to 90% of my patients would be utterly fked if this thing blowsup stateside. Im talking anywhere from 1 year olds to 95yr olds, with mild asthma to full blown lung cancer are going to be severely compromised. Nevermind those with other immunodepressant diseases like diabetes, hiv, taking chemo treatments etc.. Hospitals in particular are hotbeds for these kinda outbreaks, a person might be better staying home and fighting the worse of it off there.
100% correct.
Better off staying at home.
No need for the hospital unless you drop dead.

The China Defense Force thing is weird when you see it first hand. Replying to everything with an explanation that saves the virtue of a beloved system of goverment must be something you are born with to be that good at it. I'm sure they are not paid to do that, you must BELIEVE to do it.

The China Defense Force thing is weird when you see it first hand. Replying to everything with an explanation that saves the virtue of a beloved system of goverment must be something you are born with to be that good at it. I'm sure they are not paid to do that, you must BELIEVE to do it.

The mindset is like this:
1) You realize the Western propaganda in full control within the mainstream media, which many believe without critical thinking or full research.
2) You realize that the capitalist elites whom the American populist are starting to despise are funding the propaganda against the Chinese government
3) You realize most of the fear, animosity, and hatred towards China is not so much what the Chinese government did or did not do.... but it lies in the way Western mainstream media framed the stories, and the insecurity with the rise of a 'foreign' power.
4) Once you remove the moral complexities behind events such as Tiananmen square, Xinjiang, and the recent Hong Kong protests... you get people wanting to kill Mainlanders and wipe out the Chinese race for 'freedom' and 'human rights'... or the removal of the Chinese government just because they are not in the control of certain capitalist elites.
5) Once someone realizes these issues, it is hard not to defend try to defend China just to balance the world a bit more (in a way that hopefully promotes more critical thinking and empathy), unless you are really just in it for protecting one's own privilege and wealth.

I am Chinese Canadian, born and raised in Canada, speaks Cantonese, learning Mandarin. I was never a strong defender of China until after having lived in China for the past few years and realizing the pure propaganda of the Western mainstream media machine regarding Xinjiang and the Hong Kong protests. Of course, my ethnic identity makes me a bit biased as well... but I do not think I am brainwashed nor am I unreasonable. Hong Kong identity is complicated because they adopted the snobby from British culture and put themselves on a pedestal... but the real problem is the inequality, stress, and the crazy housing prices. Then again the population in the Mainland is also complex, they are imbalanced due to the introduction of money and the greed within the general population that comes from that. The government wants to promote traditional Chinese culture and values now, but people want to make money and are becoming superficial due to the effect of capitalism on the population.

I am not saying China is perfect. A percentage of China is also very nationalistic and a bit racist as well (from poorer, more rural area especially) , similar to the side of America people like to make fun of. However, this attitude will take some time to change, just as the culture of the West was not like this before. But you have to understand that the fear and hatred towards China is in large part just social conditioning from growing up in a society that is controlled by the Western capitalist paradigm. Hell, even Resetera I suspect is funded by the capitalist elites in the West to make sure young people are anti-China based on how they moderate and ban people while cultivating the extreme left SJW crowd. Sorry, I studied mass communication / journalism. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

*insert wumao, CCP defender, fascist totalitarian authoritarian!! messages here*

Last edited:

nush

Hong Kong identity is complicated because they adopted the snobby from British culture and put themselves on a pedestal... but the real problem is the inequality, stress, and the crazy housing prices.
jb268vM.gif

The only people Hong Kongers hate more than mainlanders, is each other.

1) You realize the Western propaganda in full control within the mainstream media, which many believe without critical thinking or full research.
2) You realize that the capitalist elites whom the American populist are starting to despise are funding the propaganda against the Chinese government
3) You realize most of the fear, animosity, and hatred towards China is not so much what the Chinese government did or did not do.... but it lies in the way Western mainstream media framed the stories, and the insecurity with the rise of a 'foreign' power.
4) Once you remove the moral complexities behind events such as Tiananmen square, Xinjiang, and the recent Hong Kong protests... you get people wanting to kill Mainlanders and wipe out the Chinese race for 'freedom' and 'human rights'... or the removal of the Chinese government just because they are not in the control of certain capitalist elites.
5) Once someone realizes these issues, it is hard not to defend try to defend China just to balance the world a bit more (in a way that hopefully promotes more critical thinking and empathy), unless you are really just in it for protecting one's own privilege and wealth.

I am Chinese Canadian, born and raised in Canada, speaks Cantonese, learning Mandarin. I was never a strong defender of China until after having lived in China for the past few years and realizing the pure propaganda of the Western mainstream media machine regarding Xinjiang and the Hong Kong protests. Of course, my ethnic identity makes me a bit biased as well... but I do not think I am brainwashed nor am I unreasonable. Hong Kong identity is complicated because they adopted the snobby from British culture and put themselves on a pedestal... but the real problem is the inequality, stress, and the crazy housing prices. Then again the population in the Mainland is also complex, they are imbalanced due to the introduction of money and the greed within the general population that comes from that. The government wants to promote traditional Chinese culture and values now, but people want to make money and are becoming superficial due to the effect of capitalism on the population.

I am not saying China is perfect. A percentage of China is also very nationalistic and a bit racist as well (from poorer, more rural area especially) , similar to the side of America people like to make fun of. However, this attitude will take some time to change, just as the culture of the West was not like this before. But you have to understand that the fear and hatred towards China is in large part just social conditioning from growing up in a society that is controlled by the Western capitalist paradigm. Hell, even Resetera I suspect is funded by the capitalist elites in the West to make sure young people are anti-China based on how they moderate and ban people while cultivating the extreme left SJW crowd. Sorry, I studied mass communication / journalism. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

*insert wumao, CCP defender, fascist totalitarian authoritarian!! messages here*

Main Stream Media in the west and it is really clear in the US might as well be state run since they are very much Party run so I don't blame you. Journalism is not something I trust in since cancel culture, twitter, and SWJs make the rules for what is covered and how.

Keep Believing

Ornlu

Banned

Western propaganda is at like .0001% of what the Chinese have enforced on their own people. Your argument is not very persuasive.

Western propaganda is at like .0001% of what the Chinese have enforced on their own people. Your argument is not very persuasive.

Whataboutism is part of the skill of not listening to any criticism being made here / deflect! deflect! deflect!
It was a well-thought-out wall of text in that context imo, it was not meant to be persuasive but to make you look at something else.

You got to give high praise to that

nush

Put as much effort into making a counter discussion point as he has. A drive-by one liner does not make your position stronger.

Ornlu

Banned
Put as much effort into making a counter discussion point as he has. A drive-by one liner does not make your position stronger.

My position of 'your argument isn't very persuasive'? What more is there to say? Should I rail against the murderous Chinese authoritarian government? Should I make fun of people who are paid by said government to type up defense diatribes on the internet? What exactly are you looking for?

nush

My position of 'your argument isn't very persuasive'? What more is there to say? Should I rail against the murderous Chinese authoritarian government? Should I make fun of people who are paid by said government to type up defense diatribes on the internet? What exactly are you looking for?
I'm looking for a better discussion than a dismissive point from you. He's clearly stated he's born Canadian but of Chinese heritage and that gives him a perspective of both sides. all you've got is #fuckchina. Do better.

imagine leaving your livelihood behind to go back to your birth country because of this kind of thing.

I dunno if I would have left, some have stayed to save their businesses but yeah hard choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom