• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

betrayal

Banned
image0.jpg

keep them fingers crossed

There are several companies who think they can provide a vaccine within next 6 - 12 months, so this is nothing special. Just google it, i.e. https://www.foxnews.com/media/john-price-coronavirus-vaccine-greffex or https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/11...s-vaccine-trial-without-usual-animal-testing/ and many more.

betrayal

Banned
The Swiss pharmaceutical group Roche has received emergency approval in the USA for a highly automated corona virus test. The company announced on Friday that healthcare facilities could use it to test up to 4000 samples within 24 hours. It did not give any details about the costs.

The diagnostic system delivers test results within three and a half hours. This is important in order to separate infected persons from other patients as quickly as possible.

He sounds congested and short of breath.

He shredded a bunch of regulations today, that's the long-term takeaway. Wouldn't be surprised if he "replaced" Obamacare with some kind of "direct to corporation" emergency plan i.e. we'll have 200 billion set aside to give to hospitals and companies next time.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like they're getting serious about testing. Good to know they went with Google for the website. At least it probably won't shit the bed in the first 5 minutes of going live.

oatmeal

Banned
You know this is pretty awesome actually, call in the CEOs of the most important industries and make them work for the people. Somewhat. If it works that's nice.
Yeah this is great. Love the new President Direct format.
I think it is one. This is to signal to people that they should be buying up more stock in all these companies that are saving us from armageddon.
It's so transparent, you think he would introduce them with a nod and a wink while on screen they displayed their stock trading name.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand the criticism of calling in major players in industry to help with this crisis. What the fuck do you want? The government to scramble and try to form new organizations to handle all of the logistics for everything? That would be a bloated disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom