• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I googled it and some sites are reporting it's fake.

Oh no! Thank you, and I'm very sorry for nearly spreading incorrect information. I didn't realize...it sounded pretty reasonable, so I assumed it was real. I removed the post so others are not misinformed.

Thank you again for checking on it!

Last edited:

Sign

I can appreciate a good heckling, but I'm learning quite a lot about the motives of some pundits right now and how it shapes the public paradigm. As weeks go on, I'm less convinced of the virus' seriousness. I'm not implying that we should do nothing, but there is clearly an effort to make a huge deal out of this. Again, not saying it isn't a big deal, but this lens is smeared by a thick layer of vaseline.

I think Trump is b.s.-ing people and will be called out for it while at the same time folks will ignore the regulation-shredding and the corporate handshakes. I'm glad that brands are at least stepping up. The media is doing its part to made things look as bad as possible, and if the t.p. and hand-sanitizer rushes are any indication, people will panic based on little to no info and will do stupid or even harmful things.

The media needs to make a public commitment to accurate reporting during this period of time to help avoid panic. These scumball corporations are at least trying to step up. Where's CNN and MSNBC?

All you have to do is look at the response to H1N1 to see what is going on here.

GAMETA

Banned
Would you take your kids out of school before government tells you to do it?

I'm seriously thinking about not letting my son go next week... we're in Brazil, around 200 confirmed cases, 9 in my city.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
You got us, we JOOOOOS released the virus to make all those Shekels. JOOOOO GOLD doesn't pay for itself my friend.

We tried controlling banks, hollywood and weather machines, but this Virus stuff is where its at. Notice how no JOOOOS are infected. Don't believe the fake news about AIPAC or the Jews in New York or those infected in Israel.
My ashkenazim brothers and sisters never let me into the Protocols or whatever club. Instead I have like 4 bucks in my bank account. I am a totally failed yid.

I give all these people 5 days to show symptoms, and report they are positive unless they signed NDAs not to go pubic

A5UgbJF.jpg

Last edited:

jts

...hate me...
Guy asks about what's being done about manufacturing more respirators right now, gets some pre-baked answer about how many weeks this could last ffs.

Thaedolus

1) student loan interest suspended 2) real estate crashes 3) buy better house for future life of perpetual quarantine 4) rent old house to realize dream of becoming slum lord.

Fucking A...I've come around Trump! Trump! Truuuuuump!

cryptoadam

Banned
Would you take your kids out of school before government tells you to do it?

I'm seriously thinking about not letting my son go next week... we're in Brazil, around 200 confirmed cases, 9 in my city.

Kids are practically immune to this. Whats worse is not the danger to your kids. Its the 40,50,60 year old teachers and staff.

If your kids have no sympotms they are fine, if they are showing symptoms then isolate them.

Also he's a fucking liar. He personally shut down the pandemic team. At the time he said it was because he "doesn't like teams that aren't needed" but really it was because Obama created it during the H1N1 issues

Fair point, but I think Trump is toying with his opponents. He's b.s. about them trying to get a moral gotcha while shredding regulations and handshaking with corporations (hey-o) in the background. The media should be outraged about that yet the media is willingly playing along with The Trump Show.

This is the 4D chess.

GAMETA

Banned
Kids are practically immune to this. Whats worse is not the danger to your kids. Its the 40,50,60 year old teachers and staff.

If your kids have no sympotms they are fine, if they are showing symptoms then isolate them.
My mother in law is staying with us this month, she's 66. My wife had respiratory problems in the past, my son has allergic bronchitis, it's usually mild, but I dunno, man... I'm leaning towards not letting him go.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Fair point, but I think Trump is toying with his opponents. He's b.s. about them trying to get a moral gotcha while shredding regulations and handshaking with corporations (hey-o) in the background. The media should be outraged about that yet the media is willingly playing along with The Trump Show.

This is the 4D chess.

I don't think he's smart enough for 4D chess, but he is good at gaslighting. And you're right the media is falling for it. Doesn't change the fact that he's lying out his ass right now. He even just said he'll get a test, but because he wants one not because he's probably been exposed. Come on.

oatmeal

Banned
I don't think he's smart enough for 4D chess, but he is good at gaslighting. And you're right the media is falling for it. Doesn't change the fact that he's lying out his ass right now. He even just said he'll get a test, but because he wants one not because he's probably been exposed. Come on.
Have you been under a rock for 4 years?

Do you think he's gaslighted his way to destroying the DNC?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Oh no! Thank you, and I'm very sorry for nearly spreading incorrect information. I didn't realize...it sounded pretty reasonable, so I assumed it was real. I removed the post so others are not misinformed.

Thank you again for checking on it!
No worries you were trying to help ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom