• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I'm going to eat at a chinese restaurant, fuck this mass histerya.

If it is one run by ethnic Chinese, I wouldn't.

I'm still expecting a sudden burst of outbreaks in Chinatowns, and ethnic Chinese travel a lot to visit relatives in these concentrated areas.

Give it a couple months.

is it over guys?

Fantastic news.

Just to avoid people getting worried by HIV drugs being effective, both HIV and coronaviruses are RNA viruses so there are going to be similar treatments just due to that.

This is great news that they seem to have discovered an effective treatment, now if they can just stop it from spreading.
Until it mutates and then we're all fucked!
source.gif

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Until it mutates and then we're all fucked!
source.gif
Viruses usually mutate to become less lethal. The reason for this is fairly simple as less severe viruses can infect more people than extremely deadly ones (ie people who are "just a little sick" are more likely to still go out into public and transmit the virus to other, than those that are dying). That doesn't mean a virus cannot become more deadly, just that it isn't a given that it will, and if it does it will likely burn itself out faster.

Unless of coarse this is the going to become a super bug and we are all fucked.

cryptoadam

Banned
If true.. Buy the drug stock now! Hopefully it's availible for everyone to mass produce.

And knowing the Chinese people, they will go and by every last drop of the drugs and horde them.

Its why you can't get any masks, or why there is a quota on how much milk powder mainlanders can buy in HK.

nush

And knowing the Chinese people, they will go and by every last drop of the drugs and horde them.

Its why you can't get any masks, or why there is a quota on how much milk powder mainlanders can buy in HK.
Yup

Last edited:
As long as it’s not bat drop soup, you’ll be ok.

Viruses like this can't be transmitted via prepped food. They are passed from living host to living host. So if you try to fuck a bat, sure. Bats tend to be a common vector for exotic strains because they contaminate living farm animals on the fringes and bam that living animal ends up in contact with humans during the raising and butchering process.

A look inside the field hospital;

Last edited:
China numbers not looking horrible.. But also serious questions regarding how they calculate numbers.

Realistically, we'll probably not know how this spreads until it really infests a western nation.

Pallas

Viruses like this can't be transmitted via prepped food. They are passed from living host to living host. So if you try to fuck a bat, sure. Bats tend to be a common vector for exotic strains because they contaminate living farm animals on the fringes and bam that living animal ends up in contact with humans during the raising and butchering process.

A look inside the field hospital;

It sort of reminds me of how the last bad Ebola outbreak supposedly happen when it spread from bushmeat(which ironically enough, it’s suggested that the last Ebola outbreak was caused by the fruit bat) consumption and preparation in Africa.

Last edited:
Yeah and as for why bats in particular are such an issue, it's because they are disgusting little gremlins. They piss and shit all over themselves and that shit dries and attracts all manner of parasite. Dirty ass fuckers.

VertigoOA

Banned
My neighborhood is mostly Korean. Not as much Chinese but with the popularity of public transport in the metro area here. And yes street food markets like those in chine exist in flushing main st, in addition to a ridiculous amount of Asian whore houses with immigrant slaves and the cops know about it but the Korean mob owns this town with most of them being advertised blatantly and all within blocks of the 109 precinct no less.

Yo, this shit is gonna get nuts.

And these fucktards just had a protest for no cops on subways and free fares ... because reasons... Not only do we need legitimately more police on subways but they need to scrub This shot daily.

You think they’re gonna sterilize busses and subway cars? They can’t even remove single homeless that occupy half a goddamn subway car every morning with their shopping carts of cardboard and trash let alone the stench that lingers .... forever

I’ve Been driving into the city for work since first news of this. It’s been costing me 25$ a day for parking garages but ... fuck this shit. Fuck this shit in its commie asshole

Last edited:
My neighborhood is mostly Korean. Not as much Chinese but with the popularity of public transport in the metro area here. And yes street food markets like those in chine exist in flushing main st, in addition to a ridiculous amount of Asian whore houses with immigrant slaves and the cops know about it but the Korean mob owns this town with most of them being advertised blatantly and all within blocks of the 109 precinct no less.

Yo, this shit is gonna get nuts.

And these fucktards just had a protest for no cops on subways and free fares ... because reasons... Not only do we need legitimately more police on subways but they need to scrub This shot daily.

You think they’re gonna sterilize busses and subway cars? They can’t even remove single homeless that occupy half a goddamn subway car every morning with their shopping carts of cardboard and trash let alone the stench that lingers .... forever

I’ve Been driving into the city for work since first news of this. It’s been costing me 25$ a day for parking garages but ... fuck this shit. Fuck this shit in its commie asshole
Fuck, where you at?

VertigoOA

Banned
Queens. Flushing... where the two newest Ny cases are. Both of those hospitals are within 10 minutes of me by car.

7 train is the most used method of transport into the city as well... I imagine it’s going to spread across that train line. Up next is the neighborhood of Corona itself.

Currently awaiting headlines, 4th nyc case of corona virus in corona queens. It’s poetry you see?

VertigoOA

Banned
That's a scary synchronicity.

Corona is also a low income neighborhood mostly occupied by illegals, mostly owned by Asian Migrants, and is rampant with prostitution and gangs of all kinds.

You can’t contain this shit. It’s already too late. Queens and flushing in particular is a travel hub to the rest of the state and JFK and la guardia. Quite possible the worst place in the country for there to be cases of this pandemic.

Last edited:

The reported numbers are not as bad as some of the early predictions (47% growth rate/day or whatever), but they're still not great.

The deaths are lagging behind, but it seems like IF this kills you, it takes it's sweet time. I wish we had data on the deaths, and when they reported symptoms.

Doczu

Whats with the triggered reactions? Am i colorblind and posted on the wrong forum again? 🤔

Another cruise ship? Man, i'll run out of ship based horror titles in a minute...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom