• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

Japan to declare month-long COVID emergency as soon as Thursday

The government's coronavirus advisory council will convene soon to discuss plans for new emergency declaration as well as conditions for its eventual lifting. Japan reported 3,302 new COVID-19 cases as of 8 p.m. Monday, more than one-third of which were in Tokyo and the surrounding three prefectures.
Just for a handful of prefectures and nothing like a lockdown. Most businesses remain open, as do Schools.

Last edited:

rorepmE

Japan to declare month-long COVID emergency as soon as Thursday

The government's coronavirus advisory council will convene soon to discuss plans for new emergency declaration as well as conditions for its eventual lifting. Japan reported 3,302 new COVID-19 cases as of 8 p.m. Monday, more than one-third of which were in Tokyo and the surrounding three prefectures.

Its funny every reeeeeeeb thinks NIPPON did a bang up job when in fact the government didn't do anything. The NIPPONESE don't like touching each other and they're use to masks but they're fatigued with the rona just as we are.

FunkMiller

Ok i'll bite.... In the past year I haven't heard one person in real life that had more than what they thought might be something like the flu they think. All the people in my shop that tested positive had no symptoms at all or minor dry throat/headaches whatever. I talk to people all day on my route, and we have about 70 employees at the shop that all go out in public each day. No one has had a hard time with this and we do talk about it.... because the whole fucking world is talking about.

No one in my family has had a hard time with it or know anyone who has that I have heard about as yes we talk about it because the whole world talks about it.

No one of my friends either and yes we blah blah blah....

The only place I hear about people "taking this hard" is on the internet or TV.

Congrats! This is the single most idiotic post in this entire thread. Quite the achievement!

"This thing isn't bad because I haven't been personally badly affected by it, and nobody I know has either."

Absolutely, tirelessly, epically, amazingly moronic. Well done, sir :messenger_clapping:

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
GAQkGkL.jpg

It's in Portuguese, but apparently, WHO is sad that they're trying to get their scientists back in China to look for the origins of the pandemic but they're not being allowed.

China says this is not true.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Looks like state governments, including and especially the ones that have seized totalitarian power over the lives of every citizen, have completely botched this vaccine rollout.

They're blaming it on the stupid rollout plan that the CDC and states are using, which is partly true, but they also are not getting to the core issues with the vaccine, and the fact that the government is killing demand for it by saying that even with a vaccine nothing changes and you still have to wear a mask and Cuomo still will run your entire life.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Alright this might be related on monday I got Covid vaccine because I am in very high risk group and since like 2am of this day, now it's 2pm, exactly 96 hours since vaccine, I am shaking, mentally unwell and I cannot concetrate. It's very fucking uncomfortable. But no fever, no evelvated blood pressure. Just the neurological shake, eyes cannot stay in one place, they move slightly from point to point....like if you are really scared. I can hear my heart in my head and...

What is happening to me, I am kind of freaking out...

FireFly

It's in Portuguese, but apparently, WHO is sad that they're trying to get their scientists back in China to look for the origins of the pandemic but they're not being allowed.

China says this is not true.
It's basically just a repost of this story:

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Alright this might be related on monday I got Covid vaccine because I am in very high risk group and since like 2am of this day, now it's 2pm, exactly 96 hours since vaccine, I am shaking, mentally unwell and I cannot concetrate. It's very fucking uncomfortable. But no fever, no evelvated blood pressure. Just the neurological shake, eyes cannot stay in one place, they move slightly from point to point....like if you are really scared. I can hear my heart in my head and...

If that's what you get I'd rather have the virus.

FunkMiller

It sounds like you’re having a panic attack. Try some deep breathing and relaxation. Hope you feel better.

Last edited:
It sounds like you’re having a panic attack.
Could be right.

Are you an anxious person generally?

Tesseract

Banned

it's just some mild autism, yull be aight

never take the mega dose

Chittagong

Gold Member

Are you literally shaking Rn?

Sounds like a panic attack tho. Breathe deep and try to meditate. If you have any wearables get reassurance from your vitals being normal.

Chittagong

Gold Member

Blond

Banned
Congrats! This is the single most idiotic post in this entire thread. Quite the achievement!

"This thing isn't bad because I haven't been personally badly affected by it, and nobody I know has either."

Absolutely, tirelessly, epically, amazingly moronic. Well done, sir :messenger_clapping:

I've had 5 family members at this point, including my grandmother who was in a month long coma. Don't get me wrong I believe it's real, but I think it's WAY overblown from what it should be treated as what it is, a damn flu. Also this past year taught me anything is that people don't really know the extent of the common viruses we face and the possible long term implications of them even if you're back to normal. One year I caught influenza type-a and b in the same month, I felt like I could barely breathe and didn't have energy to do anything but function.

And many of the effects of COVID are extremely similar to the flu as well that people act like are unique to COVID including but not limited too, medically induced comas and limb removal from shock. We're learning about the virus but destroying everyone's livelihoods in the process, which has shown to be more disastrous than the actual virus.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Don't get me wrong I believe it's real, but I think it's WAY overblown from what it should be treated as what it is, a damn flu.

And many of the effects of COVID are extremely similar to the flu as well that people act like are unique to COVID including but not limited too, medically induced comas and limb removal from shock. We're learning about the virus but destroying everyone's livelihoods in the process, which has shown to be more disastrous than the actual virus.

Jesus theres still people think like this

This is not a flu

I have a neighbor..a 29 years healthy young doctors...a general practitioners who just got his first job and died bcos of cov 19 after less than 2 months he works there

This thing is absolute lethal

This is a bioenginered mutated virus that escape from China laboratory

I repeat this is not "just a flu"

Wake the F up samurai !

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I've had 5 family members at this point, including my grandmother who was in a month long coma. Don't get me wrong I believe it's real, but I think it's WAY overblown from what it should be treated as what it is, a damn flu. Also this past year taught me anything is that people don't really know the extent of the common viruses we face and the possible long term implications of them even if you're back to normal. One year I caught influenza type-a and b in the same month, I felt like I could barely breathe and didn't have energy to do anything but function.

So, any time you read about someone with first hand knowledge of crammed hospital wards full of people on ventilators, and mortuaries full of dead Covid patients, or others speaking about friends, family and acquaintances who have either had severe illness or have died, you think they are all lying?

This is not the flu. It’s SARS - widely transmissible, and with a far higher mortality rate, and far worse after effects for some of those who get it.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Jesus theres still people think like this

This is not a flu

I have a neighbor..a 29 years healthy young doctors...a general practitioners who just got his first job and died bcos of cov 19 after less than 2 months he works there

This thing is absolute lethal

This is a bioenginered mutated virus that escape from China laboratory

I repeat this is not "just a flu"

Wake the F up samurai !

29 year olds die of the flu, it's just that nobody cares and it's not reported on.

I keep saying this, the data on COVID mortality is ABSOLUTELY ROCK SOLID. The data shows, without a doubt, unequivocally, that basic bitch influenza is deadlier than COVID-19 for younger people. In fact, influenza is not just a little deadlier than COVID for this cohort, but much deadlier.

These are the facts. This is the science. It does not matter who you know. You can be scared if you want, it's your life, but that's the data.

I put the laughing emoji up there because I'm tired of this anecdotal fear mongering nonsense.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
In fact, influenza is not just a little deadlier than COVID for this cohort, but much deadlier.

These are the facts. This is the science. It does not matter who you know. You can be scared if you want, it's your life, but that's the data.

I put the laughing emoji up there because I'm tired of this anecdotal fear mongering nonsense.

Now youre being stupid

Stupidity at highest level on full display here

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
If 'flu' is proven to be more lethal than covid 19..government all over the world will be busy doing vaccine/lockdown/ quarantine etc for flu before covid 19 appears my friend

No, nobody does any of this for the flu, because it is all utter nonsense. This stuff is killing more young people than COVID is.

IOW what I have been saying from day one.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
No, nobody does any of this for the flu, because it is all utter nonsense. This stuff is killing more young people than COVID is.

IOW what I have been saying from day one.

Never heard of anyone died from flu

Show me the data that flu kills more young people than covid 19

And im talking about reputable medical journal that has credentials

Not some Twitter or Facebook quote

Il wait

Im seriusly tired with this bulshit

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
You never heard of anyone who died from flu? Well, that explains everything.
Yeah thats explain everything cos i never heard of anyone around me died from flu

Not even a single person

You got problem with that?

And you still havent answered the question

( about your ridiculous flu is deadlier than covid 19 statement)

Last edited:

Outrunner

Comparison of the characteristics, morbidity, and mortality of COVID-19 and seasonal influenza: a nationwide, population-based retrospective cohort study

Of the patients hospitalised, the proportion of paediatric patients (<18 years) was smaller for COVID-19 than for influenza (1227 [1·4%] vs 8942 [19·5%]), but a larger proportion of patients younger than 5 years needed intensive care support for COVID-19 than for influenza (14 [2·3%] of 613 vs 65 [0·9%] of 6973). In adolescents (11–17 years), the in-hospital mortality was ten-times higher for COVID-19 than for influenza (five [1·1% of 458 vs one [0·1%] of 804), and patients with COVID-19 were more frequently obese or overweight.

M1chl

Could be right.

Are you an anxious person generally?
Are you literally shaking Rn?

Sounds like a panic attack tho. Breathe deep and try to meditate. If you have any wearables get reassurance from your vitals being normal.
I am anxious, however not like this, this feels different. It's body shake, I never shaken before with anxienty. Yes I have GAD, but it was always inside my head. It's manageable. And yes totally shaking rn, but without any iron.

mango drank

I am anxious, however not like this, this feels different. It's body shake, I never shaken before with anxienty. Yes I have GAD, but it was always inside my head. It's manageable. And yes totally shaking rn, but without any iron.
You've been diagnosed w/ GAD? Sounds like you don't have any benzos around to take, though?

I second others, google for breathing exercises for panic attacks.

M1chl

You've been diagnosed w/ GAD? Sounds like you don't have any benzos around to take, though?

I second others, google for breathing exercises for panic attacks.
I do, I just don't take them. They fucked me up before and there is a thread for it here, where you can find out more, that's also reason why I am vaccinated.

I do, I just don't take them. They fucked me up before and there is a thread for it here, where you can find out more, that's also reason why I am vaccinated.
All I can tell you is to chill. What you are feeling is likely not from the vaccine or any reaction to it as much as it is your anxiety condition. You should try and take some comfort in that even if it doesn’t help with the anxiety right away.

Last edited:
I just lost my friend yesterday to Covid.
I lost my 2 aunts late last year to Covid.
My 2 uncles are fighting covid in hospital. My cousin is now also positive.
My partner's best friend and her parents are diagnosed positive.
My best friend is feeling ill and going for a covid test. Will know tomorrow his outcome.
A nurse friend is saying her facebook feed is full of RIP posts from people she know personally or met. So many deaths she is afraid to continue working.

Everything is changing day by day. I pray for everyone to stay safe and healthy, be careful going out in public.
I pray for those who have left us. People who have died young. My friend was only 35.

Joe T.

"We know that most transmission happens inside the house, so..." Quebec announced, in their own words, an "electroshock" 8pm curfew until Feb 8th, grocery and corner stores to close at 7:30.

1*YxhGlzY8w-0lw_ZNCENnPw.jpeg

I have only disgust for anyone that still thinks this is about mitigating the spread of a virus.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I just lost my friend yesterday to Covid.
I lost my 2 aunts late last year to Covid.
My 2 uncles are fighting covid in hospital. My cousin is now also positive.
My partner's best friend and her parents are diagnosed positive.
My best friend is feeling ill and going for a covid test. Will know tomorrow his outcome.
A nurse friend is saying her facebook feed is full of RIP posts from people she know personally or met. So many deaths she is afraid to continue working.

Everything is changing day by day. I pray for everyone to stay safe and healthy, be careful going out in public.
I pray for those who have left us. People who have died young. My friend was only 35.

Terrible, sorry to hear man. Where in earth are you with that amount of the virus around you? Did they have health issues or weight? That’s most death I have heard any one person encounter from the virus since this all started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom