• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I'm a bit surprised to see so much fear from multiple posters. Apparently, the media gaslighting is so extreme that even here where we know that the press and policymakers are wicked and lie about absolutely everything still can't see through all the fabrication and fearmongering. Let me try to convey the reality of our situation:
It's all fear and gaslighting until family members come down with it with serious effects.

Nymphae

Banned
It's all fear and gaslighting until family members come down with it with serious effects.

tXVqQdz.gif

The flu gives a segment of the population serious effects as well

Last edited:
tXVqQdz.gif

The flu gives a segment of the population serious effects as well
I think it’s being exaggerated in a destructive way, but it is worse than the flu, at least from my experience. Probably 4-5 times worse, at least. I just don’t think we’re actually accomplishing anything with the measures were taking. I also don’t want to underplay it. It does seem to be a problem for more people than the flu is, generally.

I don’t know what the right answers are, but I don’t trust the people in charge, so I don’t want to give them anymore power.

Nymphae

Banned
I was never satisfied that the experts were accurately isolating deaths from covid and deaths with covid, the death count has always been massively inflated.

Narrative switched to case numbers from deaths/hospitalizations (interesting)

Case numbers are also sketchy since there is doubt that the PCR tests are highly accurate, they provide many false positives depending on methodology

I can't be worried about what isn't happening guys. Media is the true virus.

cryptoadam

Banned
What happened to this thread? It used to be about data and numbers. Now, it’s straight shit

Nope.

Go back to the early part of this thread and lots of shit about Chinese nurses, people dropping dead on the street, etc... This thread has always been a back and forth from both sides.

Here is your Data and Numbers

E GROUPNUMBER OF DEATHS IN THE PAST 14 DAYS1RATE OF MORTALITY PER 100,000 PEOPLE IN THE PAST 14 DAYSNUMBER OF CUMULATIVE DEATHS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE PANDEMICCUMULATIVE MORTALITY RATE PER 100,000 PEOPLE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE PANDEMIC
0-4 years0-0-
5-9 years0-0-
10-19 years0-0-
20-29 years0-< 5n.p.
30-39 years0-< 5n.p.
40-49 years0-16* 5.8
50-59 years< 5n.p.7629.6
60-69 years5n.p.243112.3
70-79 years19* 13.1663458.8
80 years and more8584.52,8902,873.0
Missing0---
Total1105.33,895188.6

It's like an asthma attack that doesn't end. That's not a flu.
What is like an asthma attack that doesn't end..covid 19?. What about the millions of people(the vast majority) that have already had it and display mild to no symptoms at all and then just move on as you do after any cold or flu. Are there any cases recored at all with people who had no underlying conditions, under 70 that suffer long term effects? . If so i can't see there being enough cases to say it's a risk to the population at large.

Chaplain

Are there any cases recored at all with people who had no underlying conditions, under 70 that suffer long term effects? . If so i can't see there being enough cases to say it's a risk to the population at large.

This video should point you in the right direction:
"COVID-19 was initially thought to be a disease that was serious for the eldery and people with preexisting conditions. A potentially tough, but temporary respiratory illness for everyone else. But now, eight months into the pandemic, younger patients who have had relatively mild cases of COVID, are showing up in doctors offices and emergency rooms with mysterious and debilitating symptoms. It's not unusual for viruses to cause aftereffects, but as you'll hear tonight, doctors tell us they've never seen anything like this. While researchers around the world are scrambling to figure out what's happening, Mount Sinai Hospital here in New York opened one of the first centers to study and treat people with what they're calling "Post-acute COVID Syndrome." The patients we met have a less clinical term - they call themselves "long-haulers." (11/22/20)

Edited

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Joe T. Joe T. looks like you were right, we about to go into hard core lockdown, 9 PM curfew, schools closed for 3 weeks etc...

I posted our numbers up above. 0 people under 20 have died and about 22 people under 40. Somehow closing schools is going to save an 80 year old in an old age home.

Nymphae

Banned
I have four family members right now who are under 30 who have no underlying conditions and are having a very very very hard time with it.

3 verys? Wow. Explain the situation a bit, by the phrasing I'm guessing they are all in an ICU? Surely not just staying at home riding out the symptoms.

cryptoadam

Banned
Remember were doing this to save gram gram and pop pop. Who cares about the young men who died from these lockdowns though fuck em

1300 excess deaths, only 50 because of RONA. BC only has 946 RONA deaths in total. So there were more excess deaths from other causes for young men than there have been RONA deaths of the elderly.

This video should point you in the right direction:

Edited

ok. I watched that. So the one doctor treating and talking about so-called long haulers says she is one. Then she says she has no idea what’s happening and she gets tired and has headaches. Forgive me if I see that as a pretty substantial conflict of interest. So many of these “long haulers” also seem to suffer from depression/anxiety and their symptoms are literally anything. From chronic fatigue to insomnia. There’s literally no consistency. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist but it’s almost impossible to figure out what’s going on when we blame everything people are complaining about on covid.

The woman doing autopsies says there is damage in all there organs on people who have died. Well I can tell you that anyone who dies after hypoxia is going to have damage to all of their organs. Especially if the experienced it over a decent period of time during an ICU stay. It’s not like they had a heart attack and died in 15 minutes. They were hypoxic for hours and days. So their organs eventually start to cannibalize themselves to produce the energy needed to stay alive despite the low oxygen levels.

Last edited:
CA hospitals are collapsing. They're turning people away. Two of them should be in the ICU, but the hospital sent them home with inhalers and said good luck.
If you need to be in an ICU and you’re at home, you will not live. Period. People in the ICU are on high levels of oxygen in order to survive and usually a ventilator. If your people are really in need of ICU care and aren’t at least in a hospital on high flow O2, they are dead already. I’m sorry if that sounds harsh, but we don’t send people to the ICU that aren’t requiring high flow oxygen upwards of 80%

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
CA hospitals are collapsing. They're turning people away. Two of them should be in the ICU, but the hospital sent them home with inhalers and said good luck.

I have a hard time deriving any meaningful information out of single anecdotes from anons online, particularly ones that are unique with respect to the data (it simply is not proving to be very dangerous for the non-elderly with no existing conditions)

Sorry to hear that but it's not changing the larger picture

Joe T.

Joe T. Joe T. looks like you were right, we about to go into hard core lockdown, 9 PM curfew, schools closed for 3 weeks etc...

I posted our numbers up above. 0 people under 20 have died and about 22 people under 40. Somehow closing schools is going to save an 80 year old in an old age home.

These incompetent, power hungry slobs are amateurs at this, along with the media up here they telegraph their moves a week or more in advance. Watching the local news is almost like looking into a crystal ball since they're serving as PR arms for the government.

All four provincial parties are on the same page here, it would be like watching Republicans, Democrats, Greens and Libertarians all on the same page in the US. The only disagreement between them is whether measures should be stricter. It's madness, the numbers do not support anything they're doing. They didn't in spring and they don't today. We're still below 50% covid hospital capacity, yet they've been screaming since summer about them being overloaded - that detail gets omitted from reporting so the masses are clueless.

It's frustrating because I was sure they'd pull this stunt in fall/winter after watching them get away with it with the spring madness and summer mask mandate with almost no repercussions. This has absolutely nothing to do with public health. Masks, lockdowns, censorship, the god awful "gold (shower?) standard" of testing... the world has lost its mind.

cryptoadam

Banned

Almost a year into this pandemic and the government still doesn't know how to protect nursing homes. Ok I thought just wear a mask?

So doing these lockdowns is doing nothing to stop the main place where this virus causes havoc from being protected. So whats the point?

I would trust our leaders if they showed they knew what they were doing and had results. But if you impose harsh measures and 100s if not 1000's of the sick and elderly still die while then clearly you don't know what your doing.

Big brains need to explain why in the summer time when everything was open deaths fell down to close to nothing. Canada opened up at the end of may even had a few BLM protests here and there. Then winter hit and deaths started to surge.

Why when no lockdown deaths fall, but then with lockdowns deaths keep climbing?

These incompetent, power hungry slobs are amateurs at this, along with the media up here they telegraph their moves a week or more in advance. Watching the local news is almost like looking into a crystal ball since they're serving as PR arms for the government.

All four provincial parties are on the same page here, it would be like watching Republicans, Democrats, Greens and Libertarians all on the same page in the US. The only disagreement between them is whether measures should be stricter. It's madness, the numbers do not support anything they're doing. They didn't in spring and they don't today. We're still below 50% covid hospital capacity, yet they've been screaming since summer about them being overloaded - that detail gets omitted from reporting so the masses are clueless.

It's frustrating because I was sure they'd pull this stunt in fall/winter after watching them get away with it with the spring madness and summer mask mandate with almost no repercussions. This has absolutely nothing to do with public health. Masks, lockdowns, censorship, the god awful "gold (shower?) standard" of testing... the world has lost its mind.
This exact thing is playing out in the uk as well...put out the scenario that's going to happen as a 'prediction' and then enact it a week or two later. It's almost like there all playing from the same playbook....that kind of thing is crazy though and could never be predicted and played out.

cryptoadam

Banned
50% of cases under 40
.3% of deaths
8% of ICU
10% of hospitilizations

Yes these are the people that need to be lockdown in Canada because the virus is so dangerous to them.

but our ass backwards government can't figure out how to protect 23% of infected that account for 96% of deaths and over 60% of hospitilizations and ICUs.

Joe T.

594hzrN.jpg

J2d303D.jpg

fxLaTUK.jpg

nDsyhoJ.jpg

Here's the beauty with those stats, if you happen to be Bill Gates, Klaus Schwab or any of the pharmaceutical companies like Moderna that are making a killing (pun intended) off this ridiculously sensationalized mess: old people die. We don't have any way of stopping that. So by implementing such an incredibly liberal method of reporting cases you're labeling a large chunk of those unavoidable deaths as covid.

Canada's stats, especially when broken down further by province, do a great job of exposing this fraud.

Doug Ford used the likelihood of Quebecers traveling into Ontario as a reason for placing the largest province in the country under hard lockdown again, all while international travelers from the UK, France and other highly infected areas travel in and out of the country.

Logic didn't just leave the building, it was never in the building.

Airbus Jr

Banned

There many young people around the world died from covid 19

Plenty health workers and doctors under the age 40 are dead

Youre too fixated to Canada data ( a rural country that barely have 40 million population)

Last edited:

Joe T.

Youre still underestimating this disease

There many young people around the world died from covid 19

Plenty health workers and doctors under the age 40 are dead

Youre too fixated to Canada data ( a country who barely have 40 million population)

Yes, we're too fixated on the country where we live that mirrors the data seen in many other countries. If you want to live in a perpetual state of emergency where the government suspends your civil liberties and rights on a whim then you're free to pick one of the countries that are already living that way. Don't bring that BS to my country when the facts on the ground do not at all reflect the government measures put in place to respond to it.

The "cure" has been worse than the disease. Much worse.

One of the most important requirements in detecting and controlling a new virus is developing a strong method for diagnosing it. We never did. The PCR test is still, a year later, the standard and that is inexcusable. That you are willing to let that slide is unacceptable if you have any interest in controlling the virus, saving human lives and returning to normal.

Airbus Jr

Banned
If you want to live in a perpetual state of emergency where the government suspends your civil liberties and rights on a whim then you're free to pick one of the countries that are already living that way. Don't bring that BS to my country when the facts on the ground do not at all reflect the government measures put in place to respond to it.

The PCR test is still, a year later, the standard and that is inexcusable. That you are willing to let that slide is unacceptable if you have any interest in controlling the virus, saving human lives and returning to normal.

I see youre still busy with the whole politics and government agenda

Since youre doubting PCR test, surely you can come up wih a better testing device to diagnose this virus? Since youre the experts here

Last edited:

Joe T.

I see youre still busy with the whole politics and government agenda propaganda

Since youre doubting PCR, surely you can come up wih a better testing device to diagnose this virus? Since yure the expertshere

Culture the damned sample in a lab to see if it can replicate. It's just that simple. Even two antigen tests used within 12-24 hours are far more reliable than this worthless PCR test.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Culture the damned sample in a lab to see if it can replicate. It's just that simple. Even two antigen tests used within 12-24 hours are far more reliable than this worthless PCR test.

I can agree with you on that but testing alone wont be sufficient to help reduce the new cases and death

There has to be more significant effort has to be made to reduce the airborne transmittion

Last edited:

Joe T.

That's creative, you are a genius. /s

You can run from it all you like, but the truth is going to catch up with everyone sooner or later. Note the Ct value estimates below, pulled from the CDC (you trust them, right?):

EqzoJdaXUAE4p6k

Culturable virus are the key words there. The CDC did what a lot of media outlets and paid off doctors have been doing this past year by trying to spin things so they aren't damaging to the narrative but good luck making that case here. Notice where all the culturable virus dots on that graphic are? At or below 30 Ct. Do you know what Ct value the PCR tests around the world are being used at? You do, you just don't want to answer this publicly.

It’s not SARS. It’s a relative, but the mortality rate on SARS was 4-8%, if my memory serves.
In 2003 the WHO upped the estimated mortality rate all the way to 14-15%, >50% for people 65 and older. So it's hard to know for sure, other than the clear fact that it's significantly worse than COVID-19.

Outrunner

You can run from it all you like, but the truth is going to catch up with everyone sooner or later. Note the Ct value estimates below, pulled from the CDC (you trust them, right?):

EqzoJdaXUAE4p6k

Culturable virus are the key words there. The CDC did what a lot of media outlets and paid off doctors have been doing this past year by trying to spin things so they aren't damaging to the narrative but good luck making that case here. Notice where all the culturable virus dots on that graphic are? At or below 30 Ct. Do you know what Ct value the PCR tests around the world are being used at? You do, you just don't want to answer this publicly.

PCR is gold standard for its sensitivity, especially on asymptomatic patients. Antigen tests are almost as good as PCR tests but need to be done in the 5 days after onset of symptoms. They are not reliable on pre-symptomatic phase. They are reliable for people who remain asymptomatic with high viral load. They are also high dependent on sample quality and, just for curiosity, negative antigen tests on symptomatic patients need to be checked with a PCR test.

UncleMeat

Some nice CCP propaganda from the NYT.

Yep, you got us, China. Sure it's better to live in a free democratic society 99 years out of 100 but communist authoritarianism is probably worth it for that 1 pandemic year. Not that western leaders aren't doing their best China impressions already but unfortunately those pesky freedoms have really limited their effectiveness.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Some nice CCP propaganda from the NYT.

Yep, you got us, China. Sure it's better to live in a free democratic society 99 years out of 100 but communist authoritarianism is probably worth it for that 1 pandemic year. Not that western leaders aren't doing their best China impressions already but unfortunately those pesky freedoms have really limited their effectiveness.
Author's name checks out.

Joe T.

PCR is gold standard for its sensitivity, especially on asymptomatic patients. Antigen tests are almost as good as PCR tests but need to be done in the 5 days after onset of symptoms. They are not reliable on pre-symptomatic phase. They are reliable for people who remain asymptomatic with high viral load. They are also high dependent on sample quality and, just for curiosity, negative antigen tests on symptomatic patients need to be checked with a PCR test.

You're either unaware you've been played or you're fully aware and pushing the lie. I'd love to know which it is and always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, but to get straight to the heart of the problem let me explain why the PCR sensitivity you cited as its strength is really its weakness: you're catching people with a tiny genome fragment that is not at all infectious. When your test is up to 45 Ct, as it has been in various parts of the world, up to 95% or more can be false cases.

A case should be defined as someone that is currently infectious and may spread it to others, that's why they're told to isolate. Instead a case is currently defined as anyone that tests positive. That is the fraud underlying this pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom