• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Not worth what? I use them every mission and I still have a boat load.

Jesus.

Well, I bet I have a bigger boat load.

I'm mostly saving consumables and equipment for Gold runs. Assuming I get capacity extensions on my consumables (only have a +1 to Medigel currently), I'm sure I'd be able to burn through them in short order.

nel e nel

I thought it was meaningless that you get either kills or assists? It just improves your total points, but it doesnt matter in the amount of credits and XP you get in the end?

Playing with friends, we noticed that we were all getting slightly different total XP at the end of a mission. My guess is that the base XP is divided equally among all players, but the medals you earn (25 kills, 10 headshots, etc) only go to the individual that earns them.

It's not a huge difference, mind you (+/- 2k at the most), but for those people it's alot.

I had a guy actually get on the mic and request that I stop using stasis bubble because it was messing up his melee/nova attacks. I wrote a mental thank you note to him for helping me identify who not to revive during the rest of the mission.

rozay

Banned
Weirdest glitch ever. Firebase Giant. I get revived at the end of a wave and start hopping up and down as I move. Then I end up at the top of the map. I keep getting killed but instantly revive myself.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9766/glitchk.png

After another wave, I end up under the map.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3053/glitch2u.png

And finally, I die and end up rotating on the spot.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6600/glitch3w.png

Yep, you're a vanguard

RS4-

I was fortunate enough to see that happen to a team mate in the final round + extraction as all the enemies would go after him and not kill him as he had glitched out infinite shields lol.

MNC

Weirdest glitch ever. Firebase Giant. I get revived at the end of a wave and start hopping up and down as I move. Then I end up at the top of the map. I keep getting killed but instantly revive myself.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9766/glitchk.png

After another wave, I end up under the map.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3053/glitch2u.png

And finally, I die and end up rotating on the spot.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6600/glitch3w.png

...Do you play at that resolution + windowed mode?

Just got a Viper III. How does it rank in the hierarchy of snipers?

I don't have any of the good snipers (widows/N7) so I use the Viper 4 myself, even though I have a Mantis 9. I just cannot play with any sort of rhythm with the single shot sniper rifles. I find it better than any of the other sniper rifles I've unlocked too.

nel e nel

I don't have any of the good snipers (widows/N7) so I use the Viper 4 myself, even though I have a Mantis 9. I just cannot play with any sort of rhythm with the single shot sniper rifles. I find it better than any of the other sniper rifles I've unlocked too.

I got a nice rhythm down with my Infiltrators:

cryo blast/energy drain
head shot
reload during cooldown
repeat

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Not worth what? I use them every mission and I still have a boat load.

Jesus.

I use them all the time

Got more than 50 in the stash.

Nothing pisses me off more than a last guy standing running around for 10 minutes (because he's a shitty soldier and stands no chance against a Geth Prime) who REFUSES to use his missile launcher.

rozay

Banned
Yeah 800x600 on my laptop.

Glitch happened again. I think maybe it was because i got revived on a ledge or something. Kept falling through the floor.

It triggers when you charge after you've already died due to lag. Host your own games when you play vanguard.

When can we start promoting characters?

Y'know, with the right weapon setup, Human Soilder is actually pretty good. I've managed to pull off quite a few gold runs as a Soilder with complete randoms, and managed to top everybody in score each time. Adrenaline Rush is truly among the best abilities in game.

Omega

Banned
Can't you do this anyway? Should only be a problem if you're not using a single shot sniper rifle.

If you ED and snipe it's a lot harder without that upgrade.

Off-host I'm convinced it's impossible. When I'm host I do it all the time so I never bothered to go for that ability and I think I opted for the damage bonus.

You still wanna be cloaked after energy drain so that you get the benefits from it when firing your sniper.

I think the power boost extends after you uncloak for a very brief period of time,enough time to get one shot off at least. So even if you don't choose the ability to fire a single ability while cloaked, you can still get a power off and a shot off in the time frame the power boost from cloaking is active...... theoretically. I don't play alot of infiltrator so I can't be sure.

Got a engineer and a infiltrator left to get to lvl 20 and thats all the classes done, Sitting at about 15 and 18 respectively. I should play silver but no randoms will have me, if anyone on xbox wants to play with me feel free to add StalkerUKCG, however since ill be playing a few feet from my GF i wont have my headset on and thus i wont speak, However im a decent player.

Serious

Man, the amount of time/money some people spend on this game...I just ran into an N7 730 guy rocking a Javelin X. Shit, I've only seen one N7 weapon (minus the commendation pack) so far, and I've spent a pretty decent amount on Spectre Packs.

On a side note, I'm already up to an Arc Pistol VII. Fuck everything about that, especially when I still just have a Carnifex I.

Man, the amount of time/money some people spend on this game...I just ran into an N7 730 guy rocking a Javelin X. Shit, I've only seen one N7 weapon (minus the commendation pack) so far, and I've spent a pretty decent amount on Spectre Packs.

On a side note, I'm already up to an Arc Pistol VII. Fuck everything about that, especially when I still just have a Carnifex I.

Top of the 360 leaderboards is about N7 2400.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Any tips for soldier? I hate this class. Trying out sniper soldier which isn't bad but heavily depends on everyone else not sucking.

For Infiltrators, personally I think if you use a sniper than you want the damage boost to cloak, not the second power use. You have about a 1-second window where you can shoot a power and then fire your shot and get the damage boost.

Alternatively, you can also fire a shot, then get off an enegry drain before the cloak cooldown kicks in. This can be useful if you're going to OHKO the enemy you're aiming at anyway, and have some geth or shielded enemies nearby.

Ugh just had to carry a team of scrubs to the end of bronze with my Human Infiltrator using a Disciple II. Surprisingly effective if you spam cloak and get up close and its got a decent range on it since im using a smart choke V and a high caliber barrel II.

Still its annoying as hell when you team isnt using the cobras for atlas you have a crap spec drell vanguard charging into battles he cant finishing and a derp solider running around not knowing what to do at all.

Ugh just had to carry a team of scrubs to the end of bronze with my Human Infiltrator using a Disciple II. Surprisingly effective if you spam cloak and get up close and its got a decent range on it since im using a smart choke V and a high caliber barrel II.

Still its annoying as hell when you team isnt using the cobras for atlas you have a crap spec drell vanguard charging into battles he cant finishing and a derp solider running around not knowing what to do at all.

Cobras? On bronze? pssh

It's actually kind of ironic, just the other day I solo'd Cerberus to test out my (then) new Drell Vanguard.

DY_nasty

Any tips for soldier? I hate this class. Trying out sniper soldier which isn't bad but heavily depends on everyone else not sucking.
Human Soldier? Frag Grenades and headshots.

Its kind of a boring class in general though.

Except Krogans. They're awesome.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Nothing pisses me off more than a last guy standing running around for 10 minutes (because he's a shitty soldier and stands no chance against a Geth Prime) who REFUSES to use his missile launcher.

What does being a soldier have to do with going against a Geth Prime? I kill them with Carnifex on ANY class. Easiest "boss" in the game to stagger.

Mindlog

Bonus Power is sort of ok if you plan on using Cryo Blast. It has a travel time. However, with the other combinations I don't like BP.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Tactical_Cloak#Player_Notes_2 said:
The recharge time for Tactical Cloak in Mass Effect 3 is proportional to the length of time the cloak is activated. For example, if the cloak is activated for the maximum duration, the power will take the full time to recharge. If the cloak is deactivated immediately however, the recharge is always 3 seconds (the minimum).
If you stay cloaked after activating a power you're just lengthening your cooldown time. If you fire immediately after casting a power you still get the cloak bonus damage. This is how you get around the weight of heavy sniper rifles. The only occasions for extended cloaking are when you are capturing, reviving or displacing.

I somehow saved a very large number of credits. I don't know whether I should buy a ton of Spectre packs or wait for next week. The only gold weapons I really use are Widow and GPS. My Widow is still at I, but my GPS is V. I stopped buying Spectre packs for a while. Those Premium Veteran packs leveled almost all of my uncommon weapons to X.

Mupod

I was messing around on my Salarian Infiltrator and I think I've stumbled across a pretty goddamn awesome little setup.

Tactical cloak: Damage, recharge speed, bonus power while cloaked
Proximity mine: Radius and increase enemy damage taken by 20% debuff
Energy drain: Radius, recharge speed, damage
Salarian Operative: Damage/Capacity, power damage, weapon damage
Fitness: 3 ranks in for 25% health/shields and because I had 3 left over for useless melee damage.

I could sacrifice Fitness for more proximity mine damage but, eh, I don't use it for straight damage. I just fire it at groups or bosses to boost everyone's damage output.

Why don't I take the sniper rifle 40% damage, headshot bonus, or sniper rifle weight reduction? Because I use the Geth Plasma Shotgun. Mine's up to rank V, it's still pretty heavy but it works just fine.

This build is so ridiculous I can kill things like Geth Pyros or Phantoms on gold without breaking stealth, if I start my shotgun charge before activating cloak. The bonus power while cloaked also lets you do things like recharge shields while in stealth and stagger enemies with energy drain for easy long range shotgun hits, it's definitely my favorite part of the build.

Just did two rounds of Gold and came out with around 90k points each time, and I saved my team on multiple occasions. Pretty happy with how it turned out, although it's a bit awkward to play. Still, it's much more interesting than the typical style of Infiltrator gameplay.

RyanDG

Unless you plan to spend the entire match hiding behind cover in a corner, yes.
Unless you always play with people you can count on to revive you, yes.

While this is pretty sound advice - especially on gold - the only exception to it would be Asari Adept. True glass cannon Asari Adepts are nice.

It's basically the first thing I max. Then again as long as you play your first few levels on Bronze you can level anything you want.

I was planning to respec my Quarian Infiltrator since there are a few abilities I want to change. So putting 3 points in Fitness on Silver runs are good enough?

Really the key to being effective with the human solider is just knowing when to use and abuse Adrenaline Rush; When you've lost shields and retreating back to cover, use it to regain a bit of you're shields. Also, get in the habit of activating adrenaline rush the moment your thermal clip is almost used up, as it automatically reloads for you; doesn't sound like much, but when faced with a phantom or something it can really save your ass.

Go for the full damage boost when specing Adrenaline Rush, but keep in mind, to get the most out of the 65% damage boost though, you should equip one of the higher damage weapons, rather than one of the faster firing, less damage per bullet weapons. I've had success with numerous sniper rifles, with the N7 Valiant and Mantis X giving me the best results. Same goes for the Shotguns too, but if you have the geth shotgun, that's probably the best weapon to use; tremendous power, and very accurate, and as long as you get the person you're aiming at in the center of your crosshairs, it even tracks them a bit. I've done well with the Hornet smg, the Carnifex, and the Predator pistols too though.

Ignore Concussive Shot completely, max everything else.
* All this advice is assuming you're going for a gold run.

DY_nasty

What does being a soldier have to do with going against a Geth Prime? I kill them with Carnifex on ANY class. Easiest "boss" in the game to stagger.
Doesn't really have to do with the Soldier class, just that MOST players that use soldiers suck and can't put a dent in one.

ARs in general blow because you have to leave your neck out to get shot in order to do damage - SO it boils down to a guy leaning out, getting his shield knocked, run/hide, lean out again, get smacked, run/hide until the deed is done.

Fuck fitness on gold.

Doesn't matter if you have 500 or 850 shields. They are paper thin anyway.

Eh, most classes seem like they only have 2 worthwhile powers anyway. Also keep in mind that even if you have 1 point of shields left, you can take an entire hit before it touches your health.

I'm speaking mostly as an infiltrator, where that extra sliver of health or shields has saved me many times on Gold.

rozay

Banned
It's a bug with Biotic Charge. You can avoid it by hosting your own games; if you can't do that, the only other solution is not to die.

Tomorrow morning, 5AM PST.
fuck guys, this is wrong:
Join the war against the Reapers online between 5PM PST Friday, March 30th to 5AM PST Monday, April 2nd and promote at least 2 characters to your single player campaign.

DON'T PROMOTE BEFORE 5PM PST and make sure you have gameplay feedback enabled!

RS4-

Fuck, stymied again on Glacier gold; played it like White, hold the downstairs room against cerb. Wave 10, it's the four objectives and we die to phantoms on the final one.

Ugh.

Top Bottom