• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Omega

Banned
I'm playing on Xbox.

lol.

Most people still haven't figured out it's the total score. Individual scores are just for the low self-esteem people who want to post pictures of facebook or twitter and brag about how great they are. Maybe if they kept track of stats, medals and all that stuff I would care.

Next time someone complains I'm just not going to play. I'll take all the credits and EXP for free and let him get all his meaningless kills.

90sRobots

No offense guys, I just really fucking hate gamers, especially ones who complain about WORKING AS A TEAM. I did unmute the Kinect and told him he would make the worst Ghostbuster ever.

I just want to describe myself as a person who happens to play videogames.

Stantron

Firebase White.
Geth.
2 or more Salarians with Decoy.
Camp in the bottom room behind the L-shaped desk looking at the stairs.
Win.

That way is very easy.

I will try this tonight. Any specific spot to place the decoys? Won't you be exposed to get flanked by your backside, or do the enemy all just funnel in the same way, then get stuck from moving forward?

Mindlog

I've also beaten Gold plenty of times with randoms.

Been mostly playing Silver because emergencies are easier to deal with (soloing.) I played 4 Silver maps in a row where my score was at least 50k over the second place player. I don't want that :\ Then I join a game with an Aussie host. The lag made my Cobra misfire twice, but other than that - outstanding team (Human Sentinel (me) - Drell Adept - Asari Adept - Asari Vanguard.) Everyone finished within 15k of each other. Wish I could have stayed and bumped the difficulty up to Gold.

I will be promoting my Engineer and Sentinel. Engineer because I never use it and Sentinel because the Krogan makes it easy to level. I also want to change one of my Tech Armor evolutions.

Hoping for N7 Crusader II.

I feel like 4 geth prime hitting on you when you hold the hack zone or the landing area is much more pressuring than the Banshee/ravager/brute because they all shoot and fuck your face straight up, when the brute and banshee just fool around just enough so you can take them down in the distance.
Agreed. Brutes are the easiest big enemy to kill and they tend to block smaller mobs. Geth have this weird habit of suddenly arriving in huge numbers.

So here is a question. Why didnt they turn the Eden Prime map into a MP map? I mean if you are gonna charge for a shitty, tacked on mission, you should at least put it in MP for free so you can have more maps.
That definitely should be a map. There's also a bug in single player where one system blinks as if a mission is available. I put space credits down that there will be a multiplayer map there.

*Aequitas

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
No offense guys, I just really fucking hate gamers, especially ones who complain about WORKING AS A TEAM. I did unmute the Kinect and told him he would make the worst Ghostbuster ever.

I just want to describe myself as a person who happens to play videogames.

Do a lot of people use their mics on 360? PC gamers barely use it in ME3, which i should be thankful i guess to avoid immature comments. Although it hurts sometimes when you see that one idiot or two who dont come to help hacking a zone faster and just run around killing everything they see instead.

Rapstah

How many Geth Primes usually spawn during wave eleven on that foundry map where you move a crane in single player? I swear there were at least five active in my last round. :/

How many Geth Primes usually spawn during wave eleven on that foundry map where you move a crane in single player? I swear there were at least five active in my last round. :/

5 is the minimum I saw in wave 11 on silver. I do think they actually respawn indefinitly as the wave is supposed to be about surviving, not wiping the map of enemy forces

Cat Party

Do a lot of people use their mics on 360? PC gamers barely use it in ME3, which i should be thankful i guess to avoid immature comments. Although it hurts sometimes when you see that one idiot or two who dont come to help hacking a zone faster and just run around killing everything they see instead.

I only use my mic when I'm in party chat :/

It's pretty much the standard on 360 (and I like it that way). You never hear random people on their mics in games these days.

HildyB

Its a mix. Since Party chat released a couple years ago, open mic chatter went down drastically.

Most times if I end up matched with a party of 3 friends on a gold run they invite me into the party for chat.

Is the Crusader that good? I have my Geth Plasma Shotgun and Claymore at Level X now, and the Geth Plasma Shotgun is just so much better all around. It even seems like the non charged up blast up close are almost as strong. I did not like the Crusader in SP.

Cat Party

Is the Crusader that good? I have my Geth Plasma Shotgun and Claymore at Level X now, and the Geth Plasma Shotgun is just so much better all around. It even seems like the non charged up blast up close are almost as strong. I did not like the Crusader in SP.

I was just surprised by how accurate the Crusader was when I decided to try it out. There is very little spread to begin with, and putting the choke on it makes it a rifle, basically. It can be a real head-popper, even from range. I just unlocked the GPS but haven't even had a chance to use it, so I can't compare.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
5 is the minimum I saw in wave 11 on silver. I do think they actually respawn indefinitly as the wave is supposed to be about surviving, not wiping the map of enemy forces

Speaking of, I wish I had a button that transmitted a message to my team on wave 11 that said "KEEP AWAY FROM THE FUCKING EVAC ZONE".

You see it a lot with the scrubs. Wave 11 = rush to evac. Then they get swarmed, and die.

Speaking of, I wish I had a button that transmitted a message to my team on wave 11 that said "KEEP AWAY FROM THE FUCKING EVAC ZONE".

You see it a lot with the scrubs. Wave 11 = rush to evac. Then they get swarmed, and die.

Yeah. Much easier to separate, hold one or two choke then retreat to evac...

Kyoufu

If you have a Human Spamhard on the team then just stay in the evac zone. If enemies get close, he can Nova stagger all of them while the team finishes them off. Works pretty well as long as you all USE YOUR EFFIN CANNONS ON THE BIG SHIT!

Stantron

To be fair, the game does condition the idea from the hacking objectives that when there is a timer and a zone, that you get more credits by staying in the area. It isn't until trial on extraction that you realize you only need to be inside when the timer ends for the same result.

90sRobots

Since playing ME3 multiplayer, I've had SIX people who thought it would be cute if their little kid got on the mic and talked to people. I have no mercy for these shitty parents, which is why I like to turn on my mic and holler, "SANTA CLAUS ISN'T REAL, IT'S JUST YOUR PARENTS".

Get your kids the fuck out of an unpredictable adult environment.

X-Frame

Yes, unlock a Salarian Engineer, spec at least 3 points into decoy and win games almost without effort.

QE sucks now since they nerfed the hell out of sabatoge.

You're thinking of the Quarian Infiltrator. The Quarian Engineer is actually a great class in the hands of a smart player who can take advantage of Cryo Explosions and good Sentry Turret placements.

She's very much an Anti-Armor beast - Reapers hate her.

dekjo

No, not thrown away. They'll be there. They're just tied to your account anyway, not any individual game save, so they'll be there anytime you start a new game in ME3.

This true? If so, that's cool. I've done my paragon playthrough but have my renegade character waiting to be imported until after they fix the face import bug. And anything I promote I'd like to have count to my renegade character to buff up the war readiness.

dekjo

So here is a question. Why didnt they turn the Eden Prime map into a MP map? I mean if you are gonna charge for a shitty, tacked on mission, you should at least put it in MP for free so you can have more maps.

So they can charge you for it as DLC, obviously.

Could I please be added to the player list and GAFME3 friends list?

XBL: Cantaloup

I should probably get added as well. Not good enough for gold yet, but decent silver player.

GAF: dekjo | XBL GT: dekjohns

I'm enjoying the multiplayer enough that I'll probably be playing it for a while and probably be a sucker and buy whatever DLC they offer (even if I dislike the thought of paying for maps that were already in the main game, which I do believe will happen).

X-Frame

Can the Quarian Engineer cause her own cryo explosions?

Yes. Once they are frozen with little health left, fire Incinerate but it MUST kill them to set off an explosion.

Easier would be Cryo Ammo and then Incinerate but that's obviously limited in how many games you can use it for.

Cheech

I've had far more problems with people spreading out, dying, and then they don't get rezzed before the timer goes up. At least if you're all in the evac zone, you can focus fire and burn stuff down much faster.

I've had far more problems with people spreading out, dying, and then they don't get rezzed before the timer goes up. At least if you're all in the evac zone, you can focus fire and burn stuff down much faster.

That might work on Bronze, but there's no way you can pull it off on Silver or Gold. If the entire team just camps the evac spot, you will get overrun, there's no question about it. The best strategy is to keep away from the evac and hold off the enemy at choke points for as long as possible. If you have to, stay in teams of two so that you can revive a teammate if he gets killed.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
That might work on Bronze, but there's no way you can pull it off on Silver or Gold. If the entire team just camps the evac spot, you will get overrun, there's no question about it. The best strategy is to keep away from the evac and hold off the enemy at choke points for as long as possible. If you have to, stay in teams of two so that you can revive a teammate if he gets killed.

Or just have a salarian engineer run around spamming decoy to hold up all the enemies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yes. Once they are frozen with little health left, fire Incinerate but it MUST kill them to set off an explosion.

Easier would be Cryo Ammo and then Incinerate but that's obviously limited in how many games you can use it for.

So do all the tech explosions require you to kill with the detonator?

I disagree, but only because i always use my Rockets on the big boys at the end. lol

My desire to survive drops dramatically once we complete the objective on Wave 10. :)

This is true. It's kinda funny that your team can be frantically trying to complete the Wave 10 objective, then doesn't give two shits if they die seconds after completion. There really should have been bonus credits associated with the extraction instead of XP.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
This is true. It's kinda funny that your team can be frantically trying to complete the Wave 10 objective, then doesn't give two shits if they die seconds after completion. There really should have been bonus credits associated with the extraction instead of XP.

lol I dont get why you dont get credits for actually completing the mission.

Kenaras

So do all the tech explosions require you to kill with the detonator?

Fire explosions and cryo explosions require you to kill with the detonator. Tech bursts (ie, electric explosions) do not. On the plus side, this means that Incinerate and Cryo Blast don't interfere with biotic combos the way Overload and Energy Drain do.

Mupod

I'm playing in a game with a human vanguard who's carrying a Revenant and a Widow.

I met one of those last night while I was leveling my own Human Vanguard. I was the host, so I could spam with impunity. He spent most of the later rounds dead, so I hope he re-evaluated some of his decisions after watching me for a while.

It's also really annoying when you're leveling a new class from 1, join a bronze match, and end up with a level 20 who doesn't care about extraction and just runs around trying to pad his score at the end.

It's also really annoying when you're leveling a new class from 1, join a bronze match, and end up with a level 20 who doesn't care about extraction and just runs around trying to pad his score at the end.

When I'm using a Level 20 and hit the extraction wave, the only reason I bother with it is if there are people on my team not at Level 20 yet, which is most of the time. It only takes 2 minutes anyway. But it sure would be nice to give credits for extraction, thereby giving Level 20s incentive of their own for getting through it.

Kyoufu

Even if I'm not at Level 20, I still don't care that much. I won't waste a missile, for example. I guess I'm a bad person.

Oh, I'm with you. I'll never use consumables on the extraction wave. Too much cost for too little benefit. You only get a bonus of 15k/5k XP + whatever you kill. It's not worth it.

Not worth what? I use them every mission and I still have a boat load.

Jesus.

Top Bottom