• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

exYle

Sorry if asked before, but what would be the ideal power build for an asari adept? Starting one after reaching Lv 20 with my human vanguard (only character I've played in multi so far).

STASIS BUBBLE
Also, spec warp and throw for biotic detonation damage. Anything else is pretty much up to you

general consensus is that Geth are the easiest of the three if you can see them coming, since you don't really need any specialized tactics to take down any of them (like you do with Banshees or Phantoms or Atlases, for example).

general consensus is that Geth are the easiest of the three if you can see them coming, since you don't really need any specialized tactics to take down any of them (like you do with Banshees or Phantoms or Atlases, for example).

That was definitely true before the Geth buff. But I think there's less difference now. Geth are probably still easier than Cerberus, due to the reasons you mentioned, but it got a lot closer.

Reapers are definitely the toughest though. Banshees/Brutes/Ravagers is an unmatched trio of badass.

Any word if they're going to have a balancing patch for the different species? Turians being unable to roll or dodge is pretty game breaking for them.

What are the biotic explosions/tech burst combo ?

-Sigularity --> Warp/Throw/Shockwave/Charge/Nova/Cluster Grenade/Reave

-Stasis --> Warp/Throw/Shockwave/Charge/Nova/Cluster Grenade/Reave

-Pull --> Warp/Throw/Shockwave/Charge/Nova/Cluster Grenade/Reave

-Warp --> Throw/Shockwave/Charge/Nova/Cluster Grenade/Reave

-Lift Grenade --> Warp/Throw/Shockwave/Charge/Nova/Cluster Grenade/Reave

-Shockwave (only with Rank 6 Lifting Shockwave evolution) --> Warp/Throw//Charge/Nova/Cluster Grenade/Reave

-Reave - Warp/Throw/Shockwave/Charge/Nova/Cluster Grenade

TECH COMBOS

FIRE EXPLOSION
-Can be set up by: Incinerate, Carnage, Inferno Grenade, Incendiary Ammo
-Can be detonated with any Biotic/Tech/Combat powers that can deal direct damage (except for the powers that are used to set up the combo).
-Effect: Enemies effected by any of the fire based powers, cause an AoE fire explosion, once they are killed by a direct damage power. The effect is similar to blowing up Pyros with Overload in ME2.
-Note: Enemy MUST be killed by the second power, in order to cause a Fire Explosion. E.G. it will not work, if an enemy is hit by Incinerate --> Overload, and still has HP left after that. So, in this case, Overload would have to do sufficient damage to outright kill a burning enemy, in order to cause a Fire Explosion.

CRYO EXPLOSION
-Can be set up by: Cryo Blast, Cryo Ammo
-Can be detonated with any Biotic/Tech/Combat powers that can deal direct damage.
-Effect: Frozen enemies killed by damage based powers, cause an AoE cryo explosion, freezing any enemy that is nearby.
-Note: Same as Fire Exlplosion, frozen enemies MUST be killed by the second power in order to trigger Cryo Explosion.

TECH BURST
-Can be set up by: Overload, Energy Drain, Sabotage, Disruptor Ammo
-Can be detonated by any Biotic/Tech/Combat powers taht can deal direct damage (except for the powers that are used to set up the combo).
-Effect: Enemies effected by electricity based powers, discharge multiple electricity bolts to nearby enemies, when hit with direct damage powers. Effect is similar to Overload's Chain Overload upgrade.
-Note: Unlike Fire & Cryo Explosion combos, this one doesn't require an enemy to be killed by the second power. E.G. enemy hit by Overload --> Incinerate will produce a Tech Burst, whether he is killed by Incinerate or not.

Taken from: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9629730

You're new to multiplayer, huh? There aren't any games with cross-platform play. The only thing that comes close is Portal 2, which allows co-op play between PS3 & PC, but that's it.

Dungeon Defenders would like to have a word with you.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Any word if they're going to have a balancing patch for the different species? Turians being unable to roll or dodge is pretty game breaking for them.

I thought that was a Sentinel issue due to their shield? I never played Turians outside of Sentinels, so maybe im wrong.

yeah, I've just completed Silver with these. Scary, overwhelming shit.

I feel like 4 geth prime hitting on you when you hold the hack zone or the landing area is much more pressuring than the Banshee/ravager/brute because they all shoot and fuck your face straight up, when the brute and banshee just fool around just enough so you can take them down in the distance.

I thought that was a Sentinel issue due to their shield? I never played Turians outside of Sentinels, so maybe im wrong.

Turians have a shield/health bonus in exchange for not being able to roll. That is what I was told at least, I only have a Turian Soldier.(And he can't roll)

exYle

I loathe fighting the geth. My biggest problem with them is that once they've got in close, you're practically done for. Pyros are like stronger walking turrets, given that they can kill you in one burst. Hunters can destroy you if you lose track of them.
Worst of all, just about all of their heavy hitters can stun you. Hunters, Primes, and I think Pyros can all stop you in your tracks. I've been stun-locked to death by a Prime.

Cat Party

I think Cerberus has to be the easiest. The regular troops/Centurions/Guardians are all chumps. Nemeses and Phantoms are easily countered once you have some experience in dealing with them, since there are a number of powers that absolutely own unarmored enemies. Atlases are tough, but they are terribly slow, and thus incredibly easy to hit with a missile if it comes to that. Engineers and turrets are the real danger, but only when you don't know a turret has been set up.

Turians have a shield/health bonus in exchange for not being able to roll. That is what I was told at least, I only have a Turian Soldier.(And he can't roll)

The most obnoxious thing is that they can still roll from cover to cover, so it's not like they couldn't figure out how to animate it or something. Really Hoping they change this.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I feel like 4 geth prime hitting on you when you hold the hack zone or the landing area is much more pressuring than the Banshee/ravager/brute because they all shoot and fuck your face straight up, when the brute and banshee just fool around just enough so you can take them down in the distance.

but ravagers shoot too. and pretty precise.

Kyoufu

I think Cerberus has to be the easiest. The regular troops/Centurions/Guardians are all chumps. Nemeses and Phantoms are easily countered once you have some experience in dealing with them, since there are a number of powers that absolutely own unarmored enemies. Atlases are tough, but they are terribly slow, and thus incredibly easy to hit with a missile if it comes to that. Engineers and turrets are the real danger, but only when you don't know a turret has been set up.

As a Human Spamhard, Cerberus is the hardest. Nova doesn't damage Guardians. Phantoms and Atlas Mechs can OHKO and Engineers can lay down turrets.

Fuck Cerberus. I'd rather take on Reapers.

Alucrid

Banned

Geth is so much easier. Overload / Energy Drain wrecks all the units. Warp fucks up anything with armor. With full armor I can warp then unload a few shots of Carnifex into a prime and kill it.

Omega

Banned
I always thought Geth were harder than Cerberus.

Only enemy on Cerberus that's even slightly difficult is a Phantom, but that's only when there's more than one chasing you.

I'm usually always Adept/Vanguard, maybe that's why.

hm, is decoy really that great, or why is everyone raving about the Salarian engineer?

Decoy is really great. Prehaps better than cloak in some situation. Also, Salarian Engineer have energy drain and that's one of the best ability in the gain and it turns god like against geth

Clearly some of the dispute regarding the easiest enemy revolves around what class/powers a player is using. Stasis, for example, works much better on Cerberus due to their relative lack of armored units. A power like Chain Overload, however, is much more effective against Geth.

Overall though, I think most of us can agree that Reapers are not in the discussion.

nel e nel

I love shockwave. :(

Yep, same here. After I promoted my Vanguards, I respeced my humans so one is the traditional Nova/Charge rhino. and the other I maxed out Shockwave with the radius, distance and suspension evolutions. It works similar to Pull except they bounce around in the air instead of floating.

I call it my Skeet Shooter.

Kenaras

Drell were buffed in the first round of balance changes, so balance changes for different species certainly isn't out of the question. So far though, all balance changes have been numbers tweaks, so I doubt Turians will ever gain a dodge/roll.

Clearly some of the dispute regarding the easiest enemy revolves around what class/powers a player is using. Stasis, for example, works much better on Cerberus due to their relative lack of armored units. A power like Chain Overload, however, is much more effective against Geth.

Overall though, I think most of us can agree that Reapers are not in the discussion.

Call me crazy, but I like overload against Cerberus at least as much as against the geth. Neural shock works wonders.

hm, is decoy really that great, or why is everyone raving about the Salarian engineer?

Decoy is used as a wall, enemy AI is usually too stupid to go around it, and works to funnel enemies into a kill-zone.

He also has Energy Drain, which hits as hard as overload, but grants you bonus shield. Then he has incinerate, which is the hardest hitting tech attack, and best ability against armor (outside of Carnage with AP ammo).

Drell were buffed in the first round of balance changes, so balance changes for different species certainly isn't out of the question. So far though, all balance changes have been numbers tweaks, so I doubt Turians will ever gain a dodge/roll.

I was really more thinking of Engineers and Soldiers. The Quarians assault turret is horrible, cryo-blast is a poor mans stasis, and Soldiers all round are lackluster.

Call me crazy, but I like overload against Cerberus at least as much as against the geth. Neural shock works wonders.

Yeah, it does work well against Cerberus, but not quite as well, at least in my opinion. The same can also be said of Stasis. It still works against Geth, it just works slightly better against Cerberus.

Cat Party

Definitely.

nel e nel

Depends, I've seen very few folks use it effectively. It doesn't have the same range as say a combat drone, so I routinely see people throw a decoy up about 3 feet in front of them.

I was using it really well on Firebase Dagger, where I would throw it out on the far right ramp that heads down to one of the extraction points, then hang out in the elevated hallway and pick enemies off from their right flank.

Violet_0

Banned
Decoy is used as a wall, enemy AI is usually too stupid to go around it, and works to funnel enemies into a kill-zone.

He also has Energy Drain, which hits as hard as overload, but grants you bonus shield. Then he has incinerate, which is the hardest hitting tech attack, and best ability against armor (outside of Carnage with AP ammo).

oh well then, I'll miss my little drone of destruction, but it looks like it's time for me to switch

Giard

Would Decoy combo well with Incinerate with Radius?

In the last waves, I often get a couple of Brutes/Banshees stuck on my Decoy, even though the Radius of Incinerate is small it could be useful I think. Maybe it's too situational.

90sRobots

Someone was getting REALLY pissed in my last match. He kept getting assists and was screaming, "QUIT FUCKING TAKING KILLS FROM ME! ALL THESE FUCKING ASSISTS!"

This guy has no idea what teamwork is. I get tons of assists as an adept but I sure am having fun! Fuck him.

Someone was getting REALLY pissed in my last match. He kept getting assists and was screaming, "QUIT FUCKING TAKING KILLS FROM ME! ALL THESE FUCKING ASSISTS!"

This guy has no idea what teamwork is. I get tons of assists as an adept but I sure am having fun! Fuck him.

You should just laugh maniacally every time you steal his kill. BWAHAHAHHAA!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I thought it was meaningless that you get either kills or assists? It just improves your total points, but it doesnt matter in the amount of credits and XP you get in the end?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So here is a question. Why didnt they turn the Eden Prime map into a MP map? I mean if you are gonna charge for a shitty, tacked on mission, you should at least put it in MP for free so you can have more maps.

Kenaras

I was really more thinking of Engineers and Soldiers. The Quarians assault turret is horrible, cryo-blast is a poor mans stasis, and Soldiers all round are lackluster.

Sentry Turret and Adrenaline Rush have both been buffed since release, so it wouldn't surprise me to see more buffs aimed at these classes.

Top Bottom