• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Chanser

Operation Shieldwall Weekend May 25-27 said:
The Reapers are targeting our training centers, and your mission is to draw their fire and attention. Put them on the defensive! Buy us time, and the reinforcements in training will soon back you up.

Allied Goal: Promote 50,000 characters
Squad Goal: Promote 3 characters
Special Circumstance: Due to the failure of Operation SILENCER, more banshees will spawn with Reaper enemies and might also spawn with other enemies.

Squad Goal Success: Squad members awarded a Commendation Pack
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack (high chance of containing a Rare weapon)

Throw a spanner in the works. Does that mean 3 separate characters?

Ronabo

Wow, the human sentinel is incredible. You can get a 30% boost to power damage beyond what the Asari Adept can do, as well as 40% damage protection, and the tradeoff is a mere -20% to your cooldown. You have to give up stasis bubble, of course, but I can live without it as long as I'm not playing Cerberus. I still play GGW, so I think it's my new go-to class for that.

So what's the awesome build for that?

I assume you go pistol so you can spam all day.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

This is just cruel. Can't wait to fight 4 Banshees at the same time. And maybe Banshees with Geths and Cerberus? Lol Geth Gold White.

Simple objectives this weekend. 50k promotes seems rather low too. That means we only need 16667 players to do the Squad goal. Do they combine players from all 3 platforms when they count the total number?

X-Frame

Wow that event sounds awesome!

I've been away from home for a month and this is the first weekend I come back. Imagine Banshee's spawning with Cerberus/Geth. Such a good idea.

I wished the new DLC was officially announced but looks like next weekend.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Means 3 players need to promote char in the same lobby?
No, you have to promote three of your characters.

Given that it was two characters the last time they did this, it's kind of weird. :p
You're basically giving up half your characters for a gun that you might hate.

Mindlog

Chris Priestly wrote...

4nNuNaKi wrote...

''Squad Goal: Promote 3 characters''

what does it mean? at the end of the round 3 players at the lobby have to promote? or just promote three of our characters at different times during 25-27?

Promote 3 characters during the weekend event. When and where, as long as it is during the event, is up to you.

{smilie}
Banshees with Phantoms. Challenge accepted.

vYou forgot the Hurricane. Which is so good I almost hate it. To use the Tempest a Turian Soldier should be in Marksman. The Hurricane excels so much that a TS is better off spamming proximity mines. This will get nerfed if anyone starts nearing level X and whatnot.

The biotic explosions and Claymore(especially when it kills something in 1 hit!) sounds are some of the most satisfying sounds in this game.

Hearing a Missile launcher in the distance feels nice too. Although its laughable to hear it and only see this at the bottom of the screen :

:p

Agree on all 3 counts!

Other great sounds to me are:

Saber ( even though it's not as powerful as I'd like)
Javelin
Deep automatic fire of the Indra
The crack of the Valiant
The warm fuzzies from inside the Bubble
The cough of the GPS

MQLqD.jpg

The Reapers are targeting our training centers, and your mission is to draw their fire and attention. Put them on the defensive! Buy us time, and the reinforcements in training will soon back you up.

Allied Goal: Promote 50,000 characters.
Squad Goal: Promote 3 characters.
Special Circumstance: Due to the failure of Operation SILENCER, more banshees will spawn with Reaper enemies and might also spawn with other enemies.

Squad Goal Success: Squad members awarded a Commendation Pack.
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack (high chance of containing a Rare weapon).

Welcome to the next N7 Weekend Operation, Operation SHIELDWALL, beginning this Friday, May 25 at 6:00PM PT until Sunday, May 27 at 5:00PM PT, on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. Please remember to set the “Upload Gameplay Feedback” setting to “On” in the online options to be able to participate in this N7 Operation.

Please note that due to a known issue, PlayStation 3 users will not see the promotion screen but they will be participating in Operation SHIELDWALL and will be rewarded.

Keep up the pressure, troopers. As you can see, N7 efforts to date have been bringing the fight right to the front door of our enemy. Our enemy is fierce, but we’ve got the might of the entire galaxy on our side.

Good luck and see you on the battlefield.

Source: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/05/23/operation-shieldwall/

awww yeah. lol

Bisnic

Huh. Is this new? Didn't it used to only be equipment?

They probably realized that no one bothered to do the Allied Goal when there was no weapons in the special pack. Although they made it easy enough this weekend that we'll get it anyway without needing to promote more than 3.

Cat Party

So what's the awesome build for that?

I assume you go pistol so you can spam all day.

It's 6/6/6/5/3.

Tech armor
4: extra protection
5: extra power damage (this where you get the bonus over the Asari)
6: reduce power speed penalty

Warp
4: combo detonations
5: expose (more helpful to the team, but this one isn't very important)
6: recharge speed (on the asari I don't take this, but with tech armor, I think you need to take this)

Throw
4: radius
5: combo detonations
6: increase force (it recharges so quickly anyway I don't think taking recharge speed is necessary)

Alliance Training
4: power damage/capacity
5: power damage

You definitely want to take a gun you like that gives you 200% cooldown or close to it. The difference between 200% and 180% is not much with the speed of these powers, though, so don't feel like you have to have 200%. I take my Carni III, which only gives me 172%, but I didn't feel like the cooldowns were too long.

Mindlog

All of my classes are at 20. I believe I will promote:
Solder - Female and Batarian don't have grenades.
Engineer - I'm going to take an offensive Geth turret.
Adept - I want an Adept ready in case they ever patch Shockwave's radius evolution.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Banshees with Phantoms. Challenge accepted.

vYou forgot the Hurricane. Which is so good I almost hate it. To use the Tempest a Turian Soldier should be in Marksman. The Hurricane excels so much that a TS is better off spamming proximity mines. This will get nerfed if anyone starts nearing level X and whatnot.

This man gets it.

Hurricane melts faces.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Random chance of Banshees appearing with other enemies is cool. Actually, that would be a neat mechanic to introduce: low chance of a random special from one enemy type appearing in another.

The biotic explosions and Claymore(especially when it kills something in 1 hit!) sounds are some of the most satisfying sounds in this game.

Hearing a Missile launcher in the distance feels nice too. Although its laughable to hear it and only see this at the bottom of the screen :

I was entering the reactor room on Firebase euh, whatever (the reactor one from singleplayer) as a teammate shot a rocket from one side to the other. The rocket passed by me and made this really cool whistling sound. :lol

Also, I think I have 5 characters at level 20 already. Nice.

Mindlog

Gold can be really odd sometimes.

A couple of days ago I had trouble clearing random/random with a team that included 2 N7 XXXXs sporting high-level ultra rare weapons. We didn't do bad it's just that it seemed extremely difficult and we died before getting wave 10 money. I was a Drell Adept and working with an Asari we were killing everything yet more enemies just kept coming. These players knew their stuff. That's an easy thing to spot. It was ridiculous and felt like a genuine Platinum difficulty.

Today I play two Silver games with some new(er) players. They average mid 100 N7 ratings and their weapons were all low level Gold or high uncommon. I dominate the two Silver rounds so the host ups it to Gold. Using a Human Claymore Infiltrator we land Geth/Glacier/Gold. I have to solo the end of a few waves, but it seemed infinitely easier than the game I had with a great team.

Bisnic

Trying to get my lvl 19 soldier to 20 tonight for the promotion of this weekend just confirmed my belief that they're a terrible class compared to everything else.

An-Det

2 promotions I can so easily. 3 is rougher, I dont want to give up my Salarian Engineer for the time it'd take to relevel.

Random chance of Banshees appearing with other enemies is cool. Actually, that would be a neat mechanic to introduce: low chance of a random special from one enemy type appearing in another.

That would be awesome. Imagine camping GGW when all of a sudden a pair of Banshees comes up from behind everyone. I know I'd laugh my ass off.

GSR

Tried Gold for the first time tonight. Wound up in GGW, shockingly.

I'll admit it's a spectacular credit/effort ratio, but I think it's way too grindy for my tastes. Camp in that single room, move only if there's a new objective, lather, rinse, repeat. Didn't help that all my teammates were playing Salarian Infiltrator.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Krysae Sniper Rifle – This Turian antimaterial rifle is modified to kill Reaper enemies. The Krysae’s scope uses a rangefinder that adjusts to keep the target in proper proportion to the shooter, which comes in useful when the sniper is forced into close range. Its specialized ammunition is both armor-piercing and explosive. In a desperate move, the Turians released its specifications over the extranet so that nearly anyone with a fabricator could manufacture this weapon to help the war effort.

Wut, this sounds awesome.

Bisnic

Ex Cerberus instead of Protheans unexpected yet still awesome.

Protheans are coming next I suppose!

I want them to add a 4th group of enemies in the 3rd pack instead. I don't care if they have to give a shit excuse for it, bring back the Collectors!

Mindlog

I actually think throwing banshees in GGW is the best solution to stop it from being so widely used.
Unfortunately, Banshees get stuck trying to jump over low cover. As long as the team has a high damage output they go down pretty quickly.

Just had a invincible geth and he was the last one of the current wave.
I'd bet all my credits it was from a failed grab. You have to get it to fall through the floor. Stasis will do the trick as will certain spots on the map. Also, try to get it to valut over cover in the same direction the grab was supposed to be made.

The new Rebellion stuff sounds great. 4.2 million credits ready to burn.

Mindlog

I'm fairly certain the patch is held up by the idiot update policy on consoles. They've had the Reave fix since day 1.

Can't they just keep teleporting to get to where everyone is camping anyway?
They try, but they keep jumping into the roof. Their AOE scream can do some damage, but usually the team has enough DPS to deal with it.

Cat Party

Has any one else been using that glitch on Firebase Hydra where you can get up by the waterfall? You can still be shot at, but enemies can't get close to you. And if you jump off, you instantly teleport back to the insertion/extraction point.

Top Bottom