• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Gui_PT

Use it with the new Cerberus Vanguard, there's a small glitch which makes the class super powerful -

1) Start firing the Reegar at your target from a safe distance

2) While still holding RT, perform the Smash power at the same time by pressing LB

3) Even though it shows the Smash animation, it is also firing and reloading the Reegar for you

4) By the time the Smash animation has completed, your whole clip has been spent and reloaded.

Not sure if this works for all classes, but I do know it works for the new Vanguard with the Smash power.

Sweet! :lol

Thanks

Take it for a spin. Pick an infiltrator class, add piercing, and go to work. You'll be amazed at how quickly you can pile up headshots. Unlike the Krysae, you have to aim it, but it shoots and reloads very quickly, with minimal kick.

The male Quarian Infiltrator is good. Arc grenades explode on impact (I suck with grenades that don't do this), and tactical scan helps the whole team if you spec it to sweep for enemies.
shit I chose the other option on tactical scan, not.the sweep for enemies one :(

Stantron

A random I was playing with told me that the damage mod does not add anything to the Reegar Carbine. I can't really tell a difference, but that would free up a mod slot if true. I'm currently rocking shredder + mag.

Reeger glitch also works with Vorcha Flamer. Hope it doesn't get patched.

Cat Party

My poor brother in law is getting disconnected from matches towards the end. Like, wave 9-11, almost every time. Seems to have started happening after the patch. Anyone know what's up with that?

Mindlog

A random I was playing with told me that the damage mod does not add anything to the Reegar Carbine. I can't really tell a difference, but that would free up a mod slot if true. I'm currently rocking shredder + mag.

Reeger glitch also works with Vorcha Flamer. Hope it doesn't get patched.
I'm 99% sure the Reegar glitch works with all powers.

I've never heard about that barrel mod problem. I'm pretty sure that works as well. However, the Reegar already does so much damage that shredder + mag is a much better combination. It's all I use. Then again my Reegar is at X.

Hey guys I just starting playing the multiplayer and Im having a great time with it. Do you have any tips for beginners? Also what item pack should I be focusing on first? Whats the fastest way to accumulate credits?

exYle

Hey guys I just starting playing the multiplayer and Im having a great time with it. Do you have any tips for beginners? Also what item pack should I be focusing on first? Whats the fastest way to accumulate credits?

Start and keep with Bronze until you're more comfortable with your characters. Some of the starter weapons are really good (e.g, Mantis), so keep with Recruit packs for a while.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm wondering, is it worth it to use a High Caliber Barrel mod on a shotgun that is already maxed in damage by default? Do you get more damage even if it doesnt show on the stats?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm wondering, is it worth it to use a High Caliber Barrel mod on a shotgun that is already maxed in damage by default? Do you get more damage even if it doesnt show on the stats?

Yep.

Claymore X can do more damage than God.

rozay

Banned
Speaking of Claymore, i went from Claymore VI to Claymore IX with 3 PSP.

feelsgoodman.jpg
I know that feel

9WnMf.gif

Mindlog

Speaking of Claymore, i went from Claymore VI to Claymore IX with 3 PSP.

feelsgoodman.jpg
Yeah, I got a few packs with a bunch of gear back to back. I just went to check my manifest and somehow I now have all common gear. Neat. Even my Gold gear is doing great. Commando and Berserker are both at IV which is good enough. I only wish I had more Grenade Capacity levels. Still at III.

Nori Chan

I'm so pissed :mad:

no new characters or weapons from 3 psp

I did however get a carnifex iv and claymore v in one pack doe so its not all that bad but still

Stantron

Wow, the Male Quarian Infiltrator is amazing. I'm using him with Cerberus Harrier I + Extended Barrel V + Piercing Mod V, + Grenade Capacity II.
I've got him spec'ed to 4 on cloak (damage), 6 on tactical scan with weapon damage/headshot/show multiple enemies, arc grenades spec'ed to 6 with range/electric damage/ +75% to shields/barriers, quarian defender with power/power/weapon damage, and fitness to 4(edit) with extra health/shields.

The arc grenades do great damage especially when the target is scanned and I throw while cloaked. The multiple enemy Tactical Scan is super useful for the entire team. I can even cloak to do extra damage with the Harrier for the first couple seconds.
Part of it is that I've got my equipment/gear leveled up, but this is by far my most effective build.

Ikkarus

Wow, the Male Quarian Infiltrator is amazing. I'm using him with Cerberus Harrier I + Extended Barrel V + Piercing Mod V, + Grenade Capacity II.
I've got him spec'ed to 4 on cloak (damage), 6 on tactical scan with weapon damage/headshot/show multiple enemies, arc grenades spec'ed to 6 with range/electric damage/ +75% to shields/barriers, quarian defender with power/power/weapon damage, and fitness to 5 with extra health/shields.

The arc grenades do great damage especially when the target is scanned and I throw while cloaked. The multiple enemy Tactical Scan is super useful for the entire team. I can even cloak to do extra damage with the Harrier for the first couple seconds.
Part of it is that I've got my equipment/gear leveled up, but this is by far my most effective build.
I want to try the Male Quarian Infiltrator out but I haven't unlocked him yet. I have unlocked every other race except for him. Still I have heard great things with the arc grenades and scanning. The Engineer is fun but rather squishy.

Swap you a drell and a baterian for your krogan vanguard and a vorcha

Gladly, though I don't think I would really need the drell. :lol I have the adept, the vanguard seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Krogan vanguard isn't all it's cracked up to be either, though. Too slow for a vanguard.

Vorcha's goddamn amazing.

Gui_PT

Premium Spectre Pack
Reegar Carbine 3
Krysae Sniper Rilfe 2

Not bad for a morning.

<3 Krysae, just got my first gold extraction with it.

I sniper that shoots rockets. Can't go wrong with that!

So if I want to get my uncommon weapons leveld up, should I buy Veteran Packs?

Cat Party

What are everyone's top 5 characters, just in terms of who you like to play with?

1. Asari Adept
2. Geth Infiltrator
3. Human Sentinel
4. Quarian Male Infiltrator
5. Krogan Vanguard

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
1) Geth Infiltrator - so good that I have to make up reasons to play other classes
2) Geth Engineer - kind of squishy, but still pretty fun
3) Salarian Infiltrator
4) Asari Adept
5) Human Sentinel.

Bisnic

1) Geth Infiltrator(with Claymore), ridiculously powerful against anything.
2) Geth Engineer, chain Overload to stun everything that doesnt have armor, and geth turret is pretty good when put in a good spot.
3) Krogan Vanguard, invincible tank with a light weapon, plus i like smashing things as a krogan.
4) Asari Justicar, i love the bubble and aoe reave + a strong assault rifle to make things more interesting.
5) Male Quarian Infiltrator/Engineer, powerful grenades and i like the scan that helps the whole group.

I would put the Ex-Cerberus Vanguard at 5, but this guy is so goddamn weak with the broken fitness tree.

Melchiah

How do you use this? Can you set off tech bursts?

It's actually been quite a while, as I promoted the character in the weekend operation a while back. I liked the character class, Tech Armor, Overload & Warp are a good combo IMO. I haven't tried tech burst though. It was the first class I used for WGG, and seemed to work fine there.

Bisnic

Human Adept, vorcha Soldier, quarian male Engineer, geth Engineer, salarian Infiltrator. In no particular order.

It's a great support class, really. You're like Miranda from ME2, but without dat ass.

Fixed for accuracy of what Miranda really is about.

What are everyone's top 5 characters, just in terms of who you like to play with?

1. Male Quarian Engineer (Carnifex & Hurricane, with 197% power recharge speed. devastating Arc Grenades/Incinerate combo. Tactical Scan that helps the whole team. awesome.)
2. Asari Justicar (Saber & Hurricane)
3. Geth Infiltrator (Valiant & Hurricane)
4. Asari Adept (Carnifex & Hurricane)
5. Batarian Sentinel (Claymore & Hurricane)

yeah i love the hurricane. very small weight penalty (with the mod) so it's a must with any build, for me.

QiZrG.jpg

These fuckers just don't want to unlock.

stupid question, where can you browse your characters etc like this? where is this image from?? lol.

Stantron

Bha! Instead of giving out character cards for characters you already have leveled up to 20 with all appearance options unlocked, they should give out respec cards. At least that way it's not a total loss and you can experiment more often with different builds. I've only gotten 3 total. Shame that there's several viable GI builds but you can only have one at a time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bha! Instead of giving out character cards for characters you already have leveled up to 20 with all appearance options unlocked, they should give out respec cards. At least that way it's not a total loss and you can experiment more often with different builds. I've only gotten 3 total. Shame that there's several viable GI builds but you can only have one at a time.

They used to give out respec cards as Gold. ALL THE FUCKING TIME

Now the max amount you're allowed to have is 3. And its rather easy to obtain uncommon.

Its fine how it is. If you spend a respec, you'll likely get a replacement respec in the next 3 vet packs.

Stantron

Now the max amount you're allowed to have is 3. And its rather easy to obtain uncommon.

Its fine how it is. If you spend a respec, you'll likely get a replacement respec in the next 3 vet packs.

I did not know about the max limit. Thanks. I got up to 3 when they were hard to come by, so I was hording those until I really needed to use it. I'm gonna start using them more often now.

Bisnic

sweet, thanks. barely remembered my EA account info heh.

apparently i'm missing only 1 rare weapon (Krysae of course), 3 ultra rare and 2 promotional ones. and only 2 characters (goddamn Salarian Infiltrator will NEVER drop, i just know it). pretty good.

Not sure if you counted the Collector Rifle for a missing promotional weapon, because that one if impossible to get unless you have a special code.

Cat Party

yeah i love the hurricane. very small weight penalty (with the mod) so it's a must with any build, for me.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but that ultralight materials mod doesn't actually work on anything except the Geth Plasma SMG. The game tells you it is working, but if you actually time the cool downs (and others have done this), it does nothing.

Melchiah

I had 2 or 3 of them, and spent them ages ago. Still no new respec cards in sight. If I had known how rare they are, I would have saved them for better use.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but that ultralight materials mod doesn't actually work on anything except the Geth Plasma SMG. The game tells you it is working, but if you actually time the cool downs (and others have done this), it does nothing.

are you sure? all versions too, even after the last patch? well... fuck. it FEELS like it works though, so i'm just gonna pretend your post and this response doesn't exist lalalalalalaa

Not sure if you counted the Collector Rifle for a missing promotional weapon, because that one if impossible to get unless you have a special code.

ahh yeah i counted it, but i figured it might be impossible to get. pretty lame.

Top Bottom