• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I had 2 or 3 of them, and spent them ages ago. Still no new respec cards in sight. If I had known how rare they are, I would have saved them for better use.

They're uncommon now.

You can pick them up in a vet pack.

You'll never see one if you have 3 stocked up.

Melchiah

They're uncommon now.

You can pick them up in a vet pack.

You'll never see one if you have 3 stocked up.

How many points was the vet pack, 20k or 60k? I've mainly bought the premium and jumbo packs, and I haven't received any respec cards, eventhough I have none.

Cat Party

Buying veteran packs feels so good.

Finished a gold match? Why yes, I'll have 3 packs good sir.

Wish PSP were as cheap

Pack 1:

Turian Soldier

Pack 2:

Incisor IX

Pack 3:

Turian Solider

Though I did pick up a Veteran pack last week with two rares in it, lol.

Gui_PT

Pack 1:

Turian Soldier

Pack 2:

Incisor IX

Pack 3:

Turian Solider

Though I did pick up a Veteran pack last week with two rares in it, lol.

I've gotten a few rares. Usually get Medi Gel which is useful and then I either get an uncommon weapon(which is what I'm trying to get at the moment) or character training which raises my N7 rating without having to play. Win win win

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Haha, i just joined a Gold match.... with 2 secs left before the extraction wave was over. I'm just glad i forgot to use consumables before joining that one.

hI7B6.jpg

rozay

Banned
Haha, i just joined a Gold match.... with 2 secs left before the extraction wave was over. I'm just glad i forgot to use consumables before joining that one.
I'm really sad that joining games late no longer gives you the full amount of credits for the match.

Mindlog

Goddamn Williams. 9 minutes to complete Geth/Glacier.

I managed to beat Cerberus/Glacier in 15 with random pubbies :D
That's with only two of us really understanding what was going on. The other two players contributed as well, but they didn't use their cobras to clear out double Atlas spawns and whatnot.

Goddamn Williams. 9 minutes to complete Geth/Glacier.

I managed to beat Cerberus/Glacier in 15 with random pubbies :D
That's with only two of us really understanding what was going on. The other two players contributed as well, but they didn't use their cobras to clear out double Atlas spawns and whatnot.

Haha yeah, I was about to come and post it here. Here is the picture of the time (video will be up soon). Credit goes to my teammates too.

d705049c.jpg

No, it's not photoshopped, or faked, or using any glitches of any sort. BSN forums scrutinized the shit out of this, I forgot it's the internet.

Mindlog

It should be obvious. I saw some people questioning that lack of medals, but that's what a great run looks like. No medals and nearly everyone has the same score.

I also chuckled when someone said 75000 credits was too even.

One question: What objectives did you guys get on that run? 3 retrieval missions?

It should be obvious. I saw some people questioning that lack of medals, but that's what a great run looks like. No medals and nearly everyone has the same score.

I also chuckled when someone said 75000 credits was too even.

One question: What objectives did you guys get on that run? 3 retrieval missions?

Yep. I laughed at that one liner about Talon being nerfed though. Felt kinda bad too. Two pizza deliveries and the 4 hacking terminals.

Rad Agast

What are everyone's top 5 characters, just in terms of who you like to play with?

Currently:

1. Female Quarian Engineer
2. Turian Sentinel
3. Asari Justicar
4. Human Soldier
5. Male Quarian Engineer

I'm going to try out the Batarians this weekend, haven't spent much time with them.

Rad Agast

yeah i love the hurricane. very small weight penalty (with the mod) so it's a must with any build, for me.

Just wanted to point out that the Ultra Light Materials mod doesn't work on any smg other than the geth smg. It's still broken and Bioware stated that they'll have to fix it in a future title update. (It looks like it's working in the menus but when you play it doesn't improve your power cooldown as expected).

Edit: late, just saw Cat Party's post.

Melchiah

What the hell is wrong with finding a game nowadays? Once again I got a Gold match eventhough I was looking for Bronze. Sometimes it gives Silver as well. I don't remember this happening before the patch.

Sai

Stupid dashboard update threw me out of a match I was almost done with... :mad:

On a more positive note, I've got my Geth Plasma Shotgun/SMG, Disciple, and Striker at X.

Claymore and Carnifex are at IV, Widow's at V, Arc Pistol and Kishock are at VI, Geth Pulse Rifle and Falcon are at VII, and the Hornet is at IX. Still haven't unlocked the Reegar or Krysae.

Unlocked all of the Uncommon Gear except for the Sniper Rifle Amp, which is ironic considering how much I use Snipers... Proof that the game works against me, I say. :p

Bisnic

Just wanted to point out that the Ultra Light Materials mod doesn't work on any smg other than the geth smg. It's still broken and Bioware stated that they'll have to fix it in a future title update. (It looks like it's working in the menus but when you play it doesn't improve your power cooldown as expected).

Edit: late, just saw Cat Party's post.

As much as i like the multiplayer mode, i have doubts that Bioware will ever fix that. They even said in the last patch notes that they fixed it and their "fix" didnt do shit. I wonder why its so hard for them to do that. I fear some of the glitchs will never really be fixed. But i hope things like broken mods and skill trees are their priority for the next patch.

Mindlog

So is glacier the new gww?

How are beating it do fast...
Sort of.
In general I believe it's where the better players congregate for speed runs. I have had a similar experience on Jade. It remains to be seen if people start copying the same placements as that video. An average GWW player turning up on Glacier tends to muck things up.

Also, Krysae double firing.
The Krysae actually fires when you let go of the trigger. Load a shot by zooming in, pulling the trigger and then letting go of the iron sights button. When you release the trigger you will fire and you can get a second shot off right after it. Shoot, Shoot, Mine, Shoot can raise your DPS a bit.

It's a bit clunky so I basically only use it as a round opens.

Weekend event is up.
Ct1pL.jpg

Description:
With so many planets conquered in Council space, we are relying on material support from the Terminus Systems. Eliminating risks to our supply line is a top priority.

Allied Goal: Eliminate 7,000,000 trooper-level enemies: Cerberus Assault Trooper, Husks, Cannibals, Geth Troopers
Squad Goal: Extraction on any difficulty with the squad using a mix of krogan, vorcha, or batarian classes
Special Circumstance: None
Squad Goal Success: Squad awarded a Commendation Pack
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack

Operation begins at 6pm PST Friday June 22
Operation ends at 5am PST Monday June 25
Reward packs, if successful, will be sent out starting 5pm Tuesday June 26
To be clear, the player group can only be comprised of krogans, vorcha or batarians. If there are humans, geth or quarians in the group, it will NOT count.

You can have an all vorcha squad or a mix of krogans and batarians or all 3 races, just ONLY those 3 races.
I like it. The squad goal should mix things up a bit.

So is glacier the new gww?

How are you guys beating it so fast...

It is a bit harder than GGW. you have to be able to think on your feet if a spawn gets messed up or if you're running low on rockets. The quick reaction time is what will save you in Glacier. GGW is just a turkey shoot.

@Mindlog - thanks for the Krysae tip. I'm going to have to try that out today.

Sai

So many Veteran Packs, so many character cards... :(

At least I'm getting plenty of consumables, I guess.

So the squad goal is extraction with at least 2 of the 3 character species?
"You can have an all vorcha squad or a mix of krogans and batarians or all 3 races, just ONLY those 3 races."

Bisnic

Hm, i hope that Squad Goal isnt going to be too annoying to get, you know there's going to be people who don't care about others and will just use a race that doesn't count once they completed it for themselves, so i suppose doing it on friday evening when most people dont have it will be the best time.

7 millions trooper-level enemies sound like a big number, but i guess it wont be too hard since they throw so many of them at us.

Cat Party

Yeah, I'll try to get the squad goal on friday by playing bronze or silver with a KV or a vorcha. Hopefullt only takes a few tries to get it.

KKRT00

Oh god, person who was responsible for controls in this game should never ever work in this industry. One button for cover, dodge, sprint and resurrection is so fucking game breaking, how did it even passed the Q&A, its mind blowing.
Has anyone from their team actually played in MP? ...

--
Anyone can recommend nice weapon [not shotgun] for Vorcha to deal with armors? I can melt shield/health/barriers so quickly with Reegar, but armor is so pain in the ass.

Ps. Where is my Salarian Infiltrator? :\ I loved him in demo and now cant drop him. What is funny that i have all new chars unlocked except for Ex-Cerberus troops.
And where the fuck are weapon ammo drops? I bought jumbo and got 7 rockets ;\. I'm also still sitting on two basic heavy pistols.

exYle

Oh god, person who was responsible for controls in this game should never ever work in this industry. One button for cover, dodge, sprint and resurrection is so fucking game breaking, how did it even passed the Q&A, its mind blowing.

--
Anyone can recommend nice weapon [not shotgun] for Vorcha to deal with armors? I can melt shield/health/barriers so quickly with Reegar, but armor is so pain in the ass.

Press the Left Bumper

rozay

Banned

--

Ps. Where is my Salarian Infiltrator? :\ I loved him in demo and now cant drop him. What is funny that i have all new chars unlocked except for Ex-Cerberus troops.
And where the fuck are weapon ammo drops? I bought jumbo and got 7 rockets ;\. I'm also still sitting on two basic heavy pistols.
Search BSN, someone created a way to split the commands to different keys.

The heavier assault rifles (revenant, striker, mattock), pistols (carnifex, talon, paladin) or an N7 hurricane are the only ones that I think would be ideal for a Vorcha if you don't want to use a shotgun with a smart choke. Wraith or Talon are my top two picks, followed by the GPS and Graal.

exYle

Sentinel with cluster granades and there are no bumper on my keyboard ;)

That's really a shame. You should replace whatever's in number 3 with whatever's in number 2, it'll be much more fun.

EDIT: And much more effective against armour, addressing the initial issue

Bisnic

Gold - Geth - Firebase White.

It's the easiest way to earn credits.

Until you get a recovery mission and no one try to protect you. I remember wasting multiple rockets, medigels and whatever heals you just to leave the place where i grab it last time.

I wonder if we'll see a lot of lobby dodging once people see a non-vorcha/batarian/krogan character.

Good excuse for me to try out my vorcha Sentinel this weekend in Bronze.

KKRT00

That's really a shame. You should replace whatever's in number 3 with whatever's in number 2, it'll be much more fun.

EDIT: And much more effective against armour, addressing the initial issue

I've used Flamer on Vorcha Soldier and didnt like it much. Cluster Granades are better for me.

Top Bottom